Author Topic: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)  (Read 118170 times)

miharu18

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2016, 03:27:22 pm »
hi! anybody here booked golden bay seafood restaurant as reception venue? we're having chinese-filipino wedding. we were not able to get a slot in century seafood restaurant for our date. :( any feedback for golden bay? thanks!

juannaduy

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2016, 04:15:34 pm »
Sis chili pa pm din ako ng rate ni Thea :) And how much ang Notion in Motion? haha ano ba yan dumasami options dahil sa GT. Thanks sis!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #422 on: January 03, 2016, 04:28:22 pm »
^Sorry I dont have the bridal rates of Thea. Kasi I only inquired for her regular home service makeup. As for Notion In Motion, I only have their 2014 rates. But when my brother booked them in 2015 di pa naman nag iba the price. Parang 100k for SDE, cinematic highlights and coverage.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #423 on: January 03, 2016, 04:30:39 pm »
^sis juannaduy, you can email thea at theadionisio@yahoo.com for her rates. :)

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2016, 06:37:51 am »
^Sis, I also got Caliber King of Team Pat Dy for my prenup. He replies naman sa email baka busy lang since its December/January season. He's really good. Very nice and kind pa sya.

Sis Chili - Saw the SDE of your brother. Very nice!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #425 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:34 am »
Thanks sisses! Inaantay ko magreply naman si Caliber King sis chili, huhu seenzoned lang ako. Nag pm na din ako sa fb and email. Wutttt wala pa din mega busy ata. Starting ba nila mga hm? Di naman na ako after sa prenup.

Sis, I suggest you try calling their office. Their office staff Lhanie promptly replies/sends email naman :) I have Caliber's 2015 rates if you need it for reference

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #426 on: January 04, 2016, 09:22:20 am »
Tubby: Thank you! --in behalf of my bro and SIL. Notion did an amazing job and uploaded the SDE in 2 days even if it was New Years. Cali was so good too. He did their prenup too but we were blown away with the outcome of the wedding coverage. The bride's portraits were so beautiful.

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »
wow. I think I need to talk to my MUA if i am her one and only booking that day. Do they eat at the reception with other guests?

Your makeup looks fab Chilli. Will watch the notion in motion video today.



NikkiV

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:10 pm »
Is it really that big deal that make up artists should only accept 1 wedding per day? I'm thinking kasi unlike photographers and videographers, their work is not that time consuming naman unless super daming gagawan ng make up from 1 wedding. But if the usual bride plus 2 lang, quick lang naman yun. I think after ko mag walk down the aisle, ok lang na may other gigs muna ang MUA ko as long as she can be back in time for my retouch. But I would love to know your thoughts too. TIA! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #429 on: January 04, 2016, 05:50:08 pm »
Personally, I prefer if the HMUA only accepts 1 wedding per day in order to avoid unforeseen events and unnecessary delays. There is a risk that the HMUA might not arrive in time for the second booking because of traffic, demanding clients, etc. If HMUA, especially for the bride, gets delayed, everything else will be pushed back. You might not have enough time for pictorials before and/or after the ceremony. You also risk earning the ire of your guests who are hungry because of the delay in starting the program. So brides should also consider these possible scenarios when choosing their suppliers :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #430 on: January 04, 2016, 05:55:07 pm »
^^mas prefer ko sa lahat ng supplier ko ako lang client that day. para walang hassle. kasi whole day ko sila kasama. so ang hirap pag may 2nd client pa sila. feeling ko maiiwan ako sa ere.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2016, 06:16:31 pm »
^Same here. I prefer to be the only client of my supplier on my wedding day. I had an issue with this with my 1st videographer so I cancelled my booking. 

Why? Because if I am the 1st client I will worry that the supplier will rush through my slot so they wont be late for the next gig. OR If I happen to be the 2nd/3rd client, I don't want someone who has already been up and about all morning and tired from the booking before me.


Plus,  ever notice why the best of the best only accepts 1 booking per day? Even if they will charge a premium they will do so, but will never accept back to back bookings. After all,  Suppliers are only human. Even the best get tired, need rest, and also get overwhelmed with too much on their plate. Even athletes, doctors, pilots,  lawyers--- everyone's performance is affected when working very long hours.

But then again to each his own. Personally I really do not want  any bookings immediately before me or after me on my wedding.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:21:17 pm by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #432 on: January 04, 2016, 07:08:27 pm »
@NikkiV- the thing is, as clients we do understand why they ( suppliers)  need double bookings.. but as clients as well who pay a lot for certain services , sometimes the quality of the work diminishes kung mag double booking. Like what somebody has told me, her HMUA didn't stay the whole evening, but left her with an assistant to retouch her hair and makeup.  The assistant didn't come with her to the church to retouch for postnup pics. Although her makeup did not melt, a good touch up would be appreciated especially with the humid weather in the Phililippines.  Although it was reiterated that the quality of the work was good. The service was not, compared to other artists who are being paid just as much or even a tad lower.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #433 on: January 04, 2016, 07:10:56 pm »
^same reasons with all those mentioned above. The suppliers charge the same rate naman regardless if mag isa ka lang nilang client vs. 3 kayong client in a day. {i'll understand pa if they will divide the payments too haha} which is of course, impossible to happen. but you know, we paid to get a good service, and we deserve the best.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #434 on: January 05, 2016, 02:13:13 am »
Yes! And it's a wedding-- your wedding. Wouldn't it be nice to have suppliers that are not just there for the money, but also for that "personal" touch?

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2016, 02:48:27 am »
Tubby: Thank you! --in behalf of my bro and SIL. Notion did an amazing job and uploaded the SDE in 2 days even if it was New Years. Cali was so good too. He did their prenup too but we were blown away with the outcome of the wedding coverage. The bride's portraits were so beautiful.

You will never go wrong talaga with Notion. :)

I have all praises for Caliber King as well! He did a good job with our pre-nup even if it's just an indoor and everyday grind set-up. My groom who's introvert got at ease with him. Bait nya super!

-------

For those asking for Cali's contact, call Team Pat Dy's very efficient secretary. Their number is (02) 727 4381. Just contact Lhenie.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2016, 02:26:51 pm »
I agree with our sisses here. Preferred ko din if I am the only client for that day. Isa ito sa mga unang questions ko sa suppliers ko. Especially sa mga major ones.

Sa dami ng mga bagay that can go wrong in a wedding, I think it's best we try to do all precautionary measures to aviod them. Nakakatakot isipin na may mga suppliers na baka ma-late or sub-par ang performance dahil Team B ang naipadala. We are afterall, booking the supplier to get their service and not their Team B's service.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2016, 04:43:20 pm »
Me and my family members--- super pet peeve namin suppliers who double book-- especially the ones who do not disclose it!

It is OK double book since suppliers sometimes want to maximize their income opportunities. However, the decent and ethical thing to do is to inform the couple, and also to the couple who already booked them. If that is OK with the couples involved, then that is totally fine. But if not, then they have to respect that.

The problem is these suppliers are smart. The reason they don't disclose that they have a previous booking is because THEY KNOW most couples will not want to to hire them anymore.

Tapos pag nahuli sila nag double book, ang dami dami dahilan and excuses!!!! Kesyo sanay the crew, kesyo they always do it, kesyo susunod the main team and wont be late--which isn't even the point.

This happened to me na talaga with my 1st videograher. They promised ME and the bride they double booked that they only take 1 wedding a day. But well, sorry because we both found out. Good thing they refunded me right away and it happened early enough for me to find an even better replacement.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:47:58 pm by Chili1113 »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »
I think the lesson for us here is when inquiring to potential suppliers, ask them if they accept more than 1 wedding in a day, and if they already have a booking for your inquired date. That way you know what to expect. Kapag sinabi naman na no, they don't do multiple bookings, and ikaw lang ang client that day ask for a contract that specifically says so.

Buti na lang I didn't have this problem. Siguro kasi Friday ang wedding namin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »
^Sis that is precisely why I was so angry with my 1st videographer. They assured me they only take 1 wedding per day. Then I had it stated in the contract that the 2 main videographers (husband and wife owners) will be at my wedding to personally shoot. So it was really written in my contract. But well--- gumawa pa din ng palusot.  When I confronted them, they said that they will follow to my wedding and send their team ahead. So Oo nga naman, technically the  main videographer will be at the event but not from start to finish. Hay, some people!

With my new videographer, I asked him to include it in the contract and they didn't give me problems. Heheh naka highlight pa talaga sa contract and super specific that they "...will not accept other commitments on the day of the event. This is to ensure the client that only _________ and his team will film the event." =) I didn't ask them to be that specific, but they really worded it that way.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close