Author Topic: MID range wedding gown designers  (Read 199940 times)

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2016, 09:17:17 pm »
Sisses what to expect on first fitting? Dapat ba ma super ma amaze na ako sa fit and cut?
I did not! Well its good because i think i lost a bit of weight so lahat its loose lol!
Parang hindi ko pa na feel yung bride feeling or i am expecting too much hahaha!

Lining pa lang naman, no beading or anything. Hoping for next fitting will be better.

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2016, 09:40:52 pm »
buti ka nga sis summer_princess loose, sakin hindi nagkasiya!  ;D I just had my first fitting as well. I'm a bride abroad so pinadala lang sakin ang lining. So what I did is pinicturan ko lang sarili ko and I send it to my couturier. She said that it's okay pag di nagkasiya nililiitan daw nila talaga para daw maging fit sa body ko, mukhang napasobrahan nga lang and besides yung lining na pinadala is hindi mismo yung gagamitin. Ganun ba talaga ang lining, parang pang measure lang di talaga gagamitin?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:47:28 pm by maedonnas »

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:37 pm »
Sisses what to expect on first fitting? Dapat ba ma super ma amaze na ako sa fit and cut?
I did not! Well its good because i think i lost a bit of weight so lahat its loose lol!
Parang hindi ko pa na feel yung bride feeling or i am expecting too much hahaha!

Lining pa lang naman, no beading or anything. Hoping for next fitting will be better.

Sis summer_princess when i had my first fitting na-amaze agad ako and na excite sa mga next fittings ko. Duon pa lang kasi makikita mo na if bagay ba sayo ang silhouette na design na napili mo but of course mas mapa-wow ka dapat sa mga next fittings..

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2016, 02:38:06 am »
buti ka nga sis summer_princess loose, sakin hindi nagkasiya!  ;D I just had my first fitting as well. I'm a bride abroad so pinadala lang sakin ang lining. So what I did is pinicturan ko lang sarili ko and I send it to my couturier. She said that it's okay pag di nagkasiya nililiitan daw nila talaga para daw maging fit sa body ko, mukhang napasobrahan nga lang and besides yung lining na pinadala is hindi mismo yung gagamitin. Ganun ba talaga ang lining, parang pang measure lang di talaga gagamitin?

In my case,I don't think so this is the actual gown na then papatungan na lang ng beadings and lace.
Was surprised parang ang bilis! Well, wedding is october na. Had my measurements taken April lang.

Anyway i think wala pang wow factor because it is loose and its a plain dress sans any beads at all.

Looking forward to next fitting

meixin

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2016, 08:41:48 am »
1st fitting ko corset palang ang finit so di ko pa din talaga makita kung ano maging itsura nung gown. baka sa second fitting pa.. though yung sa akin natuwa naman ako pag sukat fit na fit. although nagtaka lang ako ng konti kasi alam kong naglose ako ng konting weight pero it seems it didn't matter much hehe :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:14 pm »
summerprincess: I agree with prettylove. When you fit the lining, you won't feel that bridal moment yet right away. But you should be able to tell if the silhouette looks good on your figure or not. =) Very important ang fitting ng lining kasi this is the time the designer will "mold" the base to your body. Like for example in my 1st lining fitting, that was when we decided how low we want the neckline and back will be etc. With regard to how loose it is, don't worry about that kasi a bride's weight always fluctuates. My gown had final adjustments 3 days before the wedding and the fit was perfect =)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #426 on: June 23, 2016, 07:11:20 pm »
Reading your posts makes me
excited for my first fitting kahit super tagal pa hahahaahah!! I'm actually a bit worried because Mel said, I can only lose or gain wait until May (my wedding is jul2017), after that I have to maintain my figure and I am not really good at that. Haaist!

debbie0418

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2016, 12:14:59 am »
Hi Mga Sis,

Been pinning gown pegs like crazy, and found out just recently na ang dami ko palang Rosa Clara designs na gusto. Haha! Unfortunately, can't get from them directly kasi outside budget. :(

I've just started back reading the thread and learning stuff about wedding gowns (Very little familiarity with gown/style/type lingo). By any chance, meron ba kayong marerecommend na designer na ala Rosa Clara designs?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2016, 02:12:32 am »
^sis, Rosa Clara is very very light on beading and more on laces. You can try Ivory and White Bridal store for RTW gowns. I must say their gowns look more expensive that what they cost. Cors, I am sure they don't use Spanish lace like Rosa Clara gowns, but don't think people will really know the difference. Hardly anyone really sees your gown up close anyways hehe.

debbie0418

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2016, 05:06:26 pm »
@Chili1113 Thanks, Sis!  :D  True, as long as it looks presentable, it's fine with me. For RTW gowns, nagcucustomize/adjust din ba sila?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2016, 05:24:01 pm »
^Yes sis! You can try the different styles. Then when you decide on the style and give a dp they will order it for you in your size. Gowns are from Hong Kong and Korea. Then when your gown gets here, they will fit it again and adjust it to your size-- same process as in Rosa Clara Manila.

OK talaga their gowns for the price and classy and elegant the styles. Pag sale its divi price but looks waaay more expensive. I don't recommend them for entourage gowns though because we had ill fitting gowns hehe. But my SIL looked lovely in her rtw wedding gown. My friend also got her reception gown from them at it was nice too!

dsexy

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2016, 05:44:58 pm »
I'm liking the designs of Mel Orlina, Jazel Sy and Cecilio Abad. Super hard to decide which one to get lahat kase magaganda.
I like mine off shoulder, mega beaded and ballgown style. Any suggestions?

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »
I'm liking the designs of Mel Orlina, Jazel Sy and Cecilio Abad. Super hard to decide which one to get lahat kase magaganda.
I like mine off shoulder, mega beaded and ballgown style. Any suggestions?


That's exactly the style of my gown too, I got Jazel Sy.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:16:04 pm by maedonnas »

iamfarrah

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2016, 05:52:27 am »
^exactly my peg too sis kaya lang wala pako coutourier  :'(

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »
^That's my peg too except for the mega beaded, i like my gown to be a little light so I chose lace with light beading. Mel Orlina is my coutourier.  :)

dsexy

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:34 pm »
Ang hirap talaga, I have until the end of the month to decide at medyo late na ko sa preps 😊 yan nalang major problem ko wedding gown!
(my personal observations lang)
Mel quoted me the cheapest, I haven't seen her work in person if pulido gawa pero sa Ig maganda naman tignan (she's not bubbly like the other designers, medyo matagal lang to warm up)
Jazel was the most expensive one maybe because I added the detachable tail haha she's warm, machika and very friendly.
Niko H - almost same price as Mel, very jolly and easy to talk to, he was the only one na ayaw ang ballgown design peg ko, he wanted trumpet style para I will look taller daw.
Von L- He was my first choice but he didn't give me any input like what's the best style or cut for me, puro sya 'whatever you like' problem is IDK what I like that's why I needed a designer and napansin ko may mga pre selected pictures na sya then he will let you choose lang kung ano type mo.
Cecilio- I will meet him this week palang, pero I'm already loving his design sa Ig

Hopefully I get to decide na soon 😊 wish me luck!

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2016, 11:55:46 pm »
^ I know what you mean with designers who won't even tell what is good for you. Have you tried Francis Libiran? He's good with ball gowns lately. Also check with Gretchen Pichay, Zandra Lim and Patricia Santos. They're good with beaded gowns. I got a full list on my blog for the shortlisted ones that I checked so far I got Mel Orlina, and thankfully everything's doing pretty well. Very prompt sila mag reply especially I'm based overseas, very very important sakin yun. Hopefully she would be able to execute well yung pegs ko. Good luck on choosing your designer!

debbie0418

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:20 am »
Chili1113 Thanks sa mga tips sis!! :) You got me at divi price. haha! Mga ilang fittings/adjustments ang pwede pag RTW?

Question mga sis, any idea if colored gown is more expensive than white? Thinking of either a hint of color of color, or ombre or a non-white gown overall.

So far, I've sent inquiry to Roxy, Mel and Jazel Sy. Looking forward to their responses. :)
For the meantime... will back read this thread for other promising designers.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2016, 09:01:09 am »
@dsexy ok din si cecilio ganda ng designs. sa saturday mo ba immeet si cecilio? hehe second fitting ko sa sat e baka magkaabutan, wala lang :P

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2016, 12:39:09 pm »
debbie: when i went to Ivory and White they had some styles that could be ordered with a champagne base :) same price lang. as for fittings, i think they will keep fitting you till the fit is perfect na :) :)

I dont think the color of the gown affects the price with designers also.



 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close