Author Topic: MID range wedding gown designers  (Read 200030 times)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2015, 09:20:01 am »
I'm super curious now about Teena. I want to have a couple of gowns made for weddings I need to attend next year. Planning to get one from Andrea and maybe the second from Teena?

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:31 am »
sparklingjewel,

hmmm so it seems hindi pa niya masyado nakukuha yung fit on the first time. but yeah given enough time allowance i feel it will turn out well naman. i can see that she really wants to deliver quality gowns. sorry im not so familiar with power knit. im thinking chiffon lang with no beading basta it needs to look clean and well made. my gown wont be full beaded and elaborately designed so i want my ento gowns to be simpler than that haha! my peg for clean looking ento gowns is celline bautista but her rate is so expensive! 10-8k/gown! will check iconique and white label, maybe ill like power knit too.

chili1113

yes sakto, i want my gown to have minimal beading and more on fine lace. a very very nice fit and "bagsak" is also very important to me as i prefer a sheath silhouette. she actually has a point nga on the budget of the brides. i dont mind paying more as long as im sure id look good on my wedding day. also, im starting to like designers who takes their time sketches vs ones who sketches on the spot. so far, they give me nicer designs:)

reese17, its so easy to communicate with her. if you are free on weekdays, she can still accomodate you this december. for weekends she'll be available january na. her studio is in wack wack:)

cornflakegirl

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2015, 12:20:43 pm »
still haven't booked a wedding gown designer yet. but i was hoping to get Michael Sta Maria recently nasa scotland sya for his newest collection campaign. mura and yet elegante ang mga designs nya.
not your usual wedding gowns.

pero if magtitipid po talaga tayo, we can opt for "basal" or 1st use rental ng wedding gowns. ask na lang natin mga designers. i got the idea from Ms. Liza. and bidding na agad ang bungad prior sa booking para winner ang bride at ang designer ang di magdictate ng price.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:28:40 pm by cornflakegirl »

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:06 pm »
I initially went to Teena Sabrina Tan for my entourage but ended up booking her for my wedding gown too.

She's so pleasant to deal with and is very open to compromise. She's also not the type to charge you for every single thing. Her studio is conveniently located too, so it's not hassle for my entourage to come in and do their fittings.

She's young and very creative. I get my peacw of mind from the fact that she answers my emails within the day or two, if she's busy.

Her sketches are also out of this world. Grabe yung details! Frame worthy. She doesn't do it on the spot though but that's okay, at least nakikita sa quality ng sketch. Pinaghirapan at pinagisipan talaga.

I'm glad i actually got her kahit na halos pareho na rin yung rate if I got someone more well known like mel orlina or roxy bagano. Very happy with her recent output too. Yung tipong clean and feminine.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2015, 06:11:21 pm »
hi biskybear! i just met with her kanina:) have you done any fittings with her na?

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »
No, not yet, since my wedding's not till December 2016 pa. My first fitting is not til Feb yata. ☺️ But it's true what our fellow brides-to-be here say e, you'll get that "this-is-it" feeling when you meet THE supplier hehe

So far naman she hasnt let me down. Kasi I email her every now and then to give her my pegs. She's very accomodating, you  won't feel she's inis or trying to please you lang. It's like she really wants the brides to be satisfied and happy with their gown. 😁

ncs

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2015, 10:39:43 pm »
Hi! For those who chose Teena for their ento, paano yun kasi dba she doesn't draw on the spot, so nakailang balik yung ento ninyo sa kanya para sa design ng gowns nila and yung measurement taking? Kasi usually dba magkasabay yun?

Hevn

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2015, 02:22:25 am »
May I ask how much base price of Teena? Thanks

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2015, 02:39:42 am »
Hi! For those who chose Teena for their ento, paano yun kasi dba she doesn't draw on the spot, so nakailang balik yung ento ninyo sa kanya para sa design ng gowns nila and yung measurement taking? Kasi usually dba magkasabay yun?

She will email the sketches, choose ka which ones you want your ento to choose from. Pagpunta nila for measurement sila pipili ng design nila... done.

ncs

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2015, 10:36:25 am »
Thanks sparklingjewel! Sabagay mabilis naman siya magreply sa mga queries sa email/FB.

Ambersophia

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2016, 08:31:27 pm »
Hell girls! Im new here so please bear with me :)

I just want to get your opinions on what are the great RTW wedding gown shop with long sleeve or elbow length lace? Budget range is 20-40k only. Thank you so much sisters!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »
May I ask how much base price of Teena? Thanks

6k per gown. She quoted be 8k or 8.5k ata for gown with lace appliques

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #272 on: January 30, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »
For those getting Teena Sabrina Tan, shes very nice so youre safe with her. But one thing lang is go to as many fittings as possible. She is young and new and still learning so you need to be patient until she gets the fit of the gowns right.

I had this dress made, and even on the 4th try mali pa din the fit. She is too nice so I can never get angry at her. But it is getting on my nerves since 2 weddings have passed and I had to buy RTW dresses because Teena's gown was really unwearable.

Siguro next time I visit her Ill put my foot down and tell her to repeat the bodice entirely. Kasi there is something wrong with the way they made it. How is it possible for a gown to be loose in the front and sides, but super tight at the back that it wont zip up??!

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2016, 06:09:18 am »
^there is something seriously wrong with the way they make dresses.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »
^Hay nako. Yes. There is no other explanation why the fit of the gown is so weird. I think they made a mistake in the cutting of the fabric palang. Hay nako I swore I wouldn't give her a bad review because she is the nicest person and madali kausap. Pero nako talaga, for the price and the hassle, it is already annoying me already. 6k isn't expensive, but for the quality and the fit... nako it isn't worth it.

I know if I tell her she will fix it naman. But my gosh ive had more fittings with this ugly gown than my actual wedding gown! Ano ba. 5th fitting na to and it still wont zip up.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »
^ 5th fitting?? I'd suggest to start making your gown again from scratch as it seems like you're wasting so much time.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »
Yes it is such a waste of time!! Which is why I cancelled my entourage gowns with her. Madali naman kausap she returned the deposit right away.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2016, 09:48:41 am »
^wow Chili1113, your gown issue still hasn't been fixed? Even if the gown is only 6K, you've wasted so much time (and gas!) going to fittings with her. I hope she'll agree to remake it for you already!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:02:42 am by stella021817 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:26 pm »
Stella021817: Yes the last gown I ordered hasn't been fixed. Although I haven't brought it back to her because I have been so busy with wedding preps. =( It really is funny I have had more fittings for it than my wedding gown haha


biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2016, 06:38:05 pm »
Wow. That's super worrying. Im booked na with her e and some of my entourage aren't here to fit regularly. Sigh. As in consistently bad ba? And super lala? Gosh. I wonder what she had to say about it nung nakita nyang di nagfifit. I mean was she surprised? Kasi dpaat magwonder sya why she keeps getting it wrong di ba and improve her work with her future clients.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close