Author Topic: How often do you go out with friends?  (Read 3632 times)

quinone

  • Guest
How often do you go out with friends?
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »
kasi diba iba kapag may family na, lalu na yung may kids. wala kaming anak ni hubby, so we have more time to go out.

kaso yung mga may anak, bihira sumama, like my other friend. kapag naman hiniwalayan ng asawa bigla magpaparamdam, bakit hindi raw sila sinasama, e niyayaya naman, hindi sumasama. yung mother ko rin dati napansin ko wala na siyang friends, tita ko na lang (her sister) kaya minsan parang mainit ang ulo, gusto ko sabihin she should go out more. my lola rin, walang friends. lolo ko, kahit 80+ na dami pa rin friends :)

yung isang married friend ko naman parang eat and run lang, lagi nagmamadali. o isasama niya anak niya, halos hindi namin makausap. madalas gusto niya malapit sa kanila or hindi sisipot. i just don't know kung pine-pressure siya nung asawa niya na huwag lumabas.

anyway, my point is lagi ako pina-paalalahanan ni hubby na lumabas kasama friends. napansin namin, habang tumatanda lumiliit ang circle of friends. so do you guys still go out with friends? how often and where?

kami kasi ng mga kaibigan ko, hirap mag sched, hindi pa kami pare-pareho ng gustong place. naiisip ko nga baka we are growing apart.

princessrio

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:51:04 am »
i only have few true friends that i see once in a while when i was still in manila...4 from my previous job (all from the metro) and 4 from college (1 in bataan na, 1 in london, 1 in batangas, 1 in italy). nung lumipat ako dito sa middle east, stay at home mom and wife ako. no friends at all. so, walang labas with friends.  :)

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:43:55 am »
Napansin ko rin yan...when i was still not married, it was easy to schedule gala and meet up with my also then-single friends.
Now we are all married and with kids...when we were in pinas, hirap na mag-jive ang scheds because of kids....then 2 are now in the US, 1 in canada,1 in singapore, 2 in pinas.
 Yeah it's true lumiliit are circle of friends...but you get to meet new ones. And usually the new ones you meet ay same like you, example ako, mga sahm din nami-meet ko, mga moms within my kids' schools...ayun ganun...
How often we meet? we meet up everytime we pick our kids from school! Lol...and during kids' birthdays...ewan ganun siguro talaga mga mommies nagbabago pag may kids na....hirap gumala basta basta kasi may ibang kailangang isipin hindi lang yung sarili
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:49:24 am by ri-anne »

gracita13

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »
mga once a month na lang maximum 3hrs at dapat before 6pm nasa bahay na ko bago sya dumating from work, wala pa naman kameng anak.Nagpaalam nga ako na mag oot kame ng mga bestfriends ko pag uwi namen ng pinas as usual hindi ako pinayagan.Pero promise tatakas ako pag nasa pinas na ko  ;D

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:42:49 pm »
At least 3x a week, I get to spend time with friends.

Friends come & go, due to changing priorities, lifestyles & yes, circumstances.
But True Friendship survives absences, no matter how long.

I do not want friendships that impose a social schedule and/or  activity.  IMO,  such is burdensome.
So I have quite a big number of circles of friends --  formed by interests, connections and/or business activities.
So within a week, I may use my lunch break to watch a movie or try a new resto, do silk yoga, or even have a spa massage with different groups of friends.  Evenings --  I have different groups who can take time out for a show, drinks, whatever.  Even school activities:  I have a circle of friends.

So that's how I maintain my friendships, based on interest in specific activities we enjoy & can take time out for.  IMO, once you're out of HS where a common sched is shared:  it will be difficult to expect friends to share our interests on the same sched. 
For me, Attendance is never an obligation.

No judgment, but -- IMO, Old people stuck at home with few/hardly any friends to do activities with outside --  they let themselves stagnate. As long as one can find something interesting -- new friendships can be made.

quinone

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »
thanks everyone for the reply! i hope more would share their experiences and view on this matter.

sorry, hindi ko pala nasagot yung sarili kong question...my college friends and i meet once every two months, to eat dinner and drink after (which i feel isn't enough, that's why i made this thread). pero yung iba sa kanila nakakasama namin ni hubby sa mga trips, around two to four times a year.

on special occasions and some trips, nakakasama ko rin yung friends ni hubby and their wifes.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »
My mantra in life is no relationship will change who I am, it will only add to who I am. So when I get into relationships, subsequently married and having kids, I make it a point to still maintain my friendships and social life outside of being a wife and mom.

Granted I do not go out as often but I do keep in touch. Or even sometimes I choose to go out on my own - shopping, watch a movie or salon pampering.

Same principle applied to my hubby, he still goes out with his friends (who are mostly single) but just not as often nalang.

I don't want to become a mom whose world revolves solely around her children.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:24 pm »
With my college friends, once in a blue moon....
Couple friends, monthly or bimonthly...
Not have much social life at this time, mga classmates ko na lang sa masters who I meet 3 times a week.
After I finish it, will return to my organizations and community service and cultivate new friends there... sobrang busy na rin ng mga college friends and couple friends ko eh and hindi na rin halos mag-meet schedules namin... It's important for my sense of being to meet people (not necessarily friends) kahit introvert ako...

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 04:16:19 am »
Where I live at the moment, I have very few friends. Office friends we try to go out once a month, and if there are office activities I always go.  Pinoy friends here minsan lang din I try once a month but constant communication sa email or text.  Sometimes I tell my husband I have very few friends here but sis aquacharly is right, you make friends through interest. Tamad lang ako and at the moment i'm happy watching my Filipino soaps or talking to my friends online.  But earlier in the office a colleague asked if I want to do a 5k run so I guess i'll be close to that girl because we agreed to train together and she's nice too.

With my hubby, since we're living in his country I always tell him to meet up with his friends at least once every two weeks.  Actually my hubby's friends are my friends na din dahil sinasama nya ako although minsan I let him go by himself lang.

I notice sa highschool friends ko sa Pinas, dahil they live close to each other lang madalas sila magkita-kita. And nakakainggit minsan kasama na mga family nila kung magout of town. So ang mga nanay friends na din.  Thank God for viber dahil kaming nasa abroad updated lagi. If they are out they send pictures, or sometimes we talk pa so parang kasama na din kami. Constant ang communication namin.  Ang isa may anak na but he still goes out with our friends may curfew nga lang but hindi naman strict masyado ang misis.  They meet lang din malapit sa mga bahay nila para madali makauwi. 

College friends, because malalayo ang bahay nila at may mga anak na nga, hindi na din sila nagmi-meet. Also a lot of us are abroad na din.  We have an FB group but the usapan is not as active compared to my highschool friends. But we share milestones in our lives. I have friends din from my first job, I consider them friends for life, there are three of us unfortunately we're all on different sides of the world (Australia, Europe, America) so viber and Skype lang.  I think you grow apart if you don't have constant communication. Like sa college friends ko, may mga ka -personal message ako sa kanila which makes us closer, despite the distance, compared to others.

I go home sa Pinas every year, si hubby we agreed every other two years lang sasama sa akin dahil I need time for family and friends because when he comes with me he wants to go around the Philippines. Sabi ko nga pag may anak na kami minsan iwan ko sa kanya. hehe.. I can probably just say this dahil wala pa akong anak, sabi ng iba hindi naman nila maiwan mga anak nila.

Minsan napag-usapan namin ni hubby yan na kumukunti ang friends pag tumatanda. In my case maybe because I am abroad. As i said halos iba't-ibang bansa na kami so constant communication lang through internet. Si hubby he has few friends lang talaga but he has several interest like so he goes out twice or thrice a week to do his activities. I guess the people there are his friends too, maybe not as deep yet compared sa mga kababata nya but still friends.

althea_ge

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:35:20 am »
I'm living abroad that's why I don't go out with friends that often as most of my friends are in Pinas, or in other country as well. I have circle of friends here, but we usually meet when there's an occasion. And I can say iba pa rin ang friendship dito since dito lang kami nagkasama sama, so iba pa rin talaga pag friends sa pinas ang kasama.

IamDindin

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:34 am »
We get to see each other pag may occasion lang din.  Though sila mas madalas magkita-kita kasi magkaka lapit yung house nila.  I admit medyo na layo ako ng konti nung nagka asawa ako, though husband is pushing me to meet or bond with them, but personally I'd rather stay home or go out with husband, kasi I'm migrating soon and I want to spend my time more with him and our baby who's coming out soon. :) Pero nakaka tuwa kasi kahit may family na yung iba nag re reach out pa rin sila and we see to it that we keep in touch. :)

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »
Mejo magkakalayo kami ng closest friends ko. 5 are in Manila (2 in the North and 3 sa South) and 1 in the US. All of us are working and 4 have families so wala talaga masyadong free time. We get together pag holidays or pag-uuwi dito yun isa and then sporadically within the year. We try to see each other at least once a month pero nagiging quarterly. Either lunch or dinner with drinks ang type naming gawin. Usually, sa BGC coz one of my friends live there or sa Ortigas para meet halfway. Other than that, we have an active group sa FB messenger kaya hindi naman catching up parati pag actual meet ups.

googoo

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 02:25:16 pm »
Not as often as we used to, since some of them are married with kids already.  I am also quite busy with my budding business.  ::)

I agree though that it would be best for me as a person, and for my husband (so I can be more interesting, and diba absence make the heart grow fonder, or something like that), if I go out once in awhile.  Kaya lang right now, he really wants to go with me when I meet with my friends and parang I feel guilty when I go home and he is just watching tv.  We are newly married kasi, so we are still very much in love. And when he goes out, he always keep me posted din.


sistah!

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »
my friends and i try our best to see each other a few times in a year. trying to find a date when we are all available and on board is a task but then again, that's what birthdays and christmases are for. the rest of the year, we have viber and facebook!

when i gave birth to my daughter, i wanted to really nest so i basically holed up at home and spent all my time with her. my friends would come to visit naman. and when i went back to work, i tried to be home at a specific time to also do mommy duties. ganyan talaga, the pull of a child can be more intense than anything. i've made (and still making!) all the mistakes you complain about - not showing up, wanting meetups to be at venues close to me, leaving early, bringing my kid and being distracted -- but i've also tried to make up for them. minsan lang talaga, you can't win. when you have a young child, it isn't easy to pull away. my daughter is now a toddler so i have a bit more liberty in terms of going out. thankfully, my friends have also grown up and we don't stay out as late as we used to. i've also enriched my friends because now i hang out with other moms too. and my single friends also hang out with other single people too. that's life. people evolve and change.

gharz412

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 08:23:37 pm »
Eversince, I got married I can just count it with my fingers... :'(  I actually really2 miss my friends,. Super busy na kase ako and ofcourse, I have my baba na so I'd rather spend time with him since we only have weekends para makapagbonding ::)

nageinna

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 10:50:04 am »
dati tamad na tamad ako pag inaaya ako lumabas ng mga college friends ko. after i got married, dun ko namiss yung time ko with them. parang big adjustment kasi talaga after getting married kaya hinahanap hanap ko yung mga nakasanayan ko before. but since lahat working na, very rare nalang magkita and ang hirap pa humanap ng pareparehas ang availability. so what i do every birthday ko, i make sure may little get together kami, para kahit at least once a year makapag catch up naman kami. now may baby na ko, i agree, mas mahirap pa. i cant stay out too long sa labas kasi baby wont sleep pag wala ako. and lagi ko naiisip si baby. but masaya na ko kasi na wowork out naman namin. ako palang may baby samin, so lahat winowork out namin sa convenience ko haha. mas malapit yung venue sakin and yun best time for me. ok lang naman sakanila :)

ava_girl

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 08:48:41 am »
kami ng mga friends ko sa fb na lang lagi nagchichikahan. ang labas namin usually kain na lang sa labas and once every two months na lang.

or minsan pag may bibilihing damit sa trinoma nagmemeet kami para magsama samang magshopping.

enjoy din. sarap din kasi may kasharean ng mga problem sa bahay at the same sarap din na minsan minsan maka relax.


magno4

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 01:50:56 pm »
 ;D kapag kase settle down kana, most of the time sa pamilya mona ibinubuhos ang oras, parang sila na ang immediate friends mo. di gaya ng single all the time kapag nag ka ayayaan. option nalang din kapag may club meetings with friends yun lang yun time na makalabas at maka pag unwind..

outandaboutph

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 02:18:05 pm »
Mula ng kinasal ako, never na ako nakalabas with friends kahit kapag dumadating friends ko from abroad, hindi ako nakakapunta sila sila na lang. Nakakalungkot din kaya lang lagi naman nasasakto kailangan ako sa house so mas priority ko naman iyon.

TysLolakins

  • Guest
Re: How often do you go out with friends?
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 01:01:24 am »
hardly.  we are living across the globe, diff countries, diff states, diff cities.  sometimes sa Pinas na lang din kami nagkikita, iyon ay kung magkakasabay umuwi.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close