Author Topic: Full/Semi Full Planning Supplier  (Read 30816 times)

mrscreamsoda

• GirlTalker
Re: Full/Semi Full Planning Supplier
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 09:05:01 am »
^ kailan ba wedding, sis? Kung siguro naman in his 6mo stay pwede na humirit ng vacation for his wedding. 😅

Mga sis, justified ba ang 100k full coordination in 1 1/2 yr na wedding with a, say, 800k-1m (including coord's fee) budget? 200-250guests, either Manila or Tagaytay. Kasi baka mamaya ang mahal nga ng coordinator, pero maliit lang naman pala ang budget.

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 09:33:36 am »
^^missus13, well normally when getting hired, before you sign the contract or upon signing the contract, the employee also informs the employer that he/she will need to take a leave or holidays in 6 months time or so, and asks if that would be a problem for the employer, and then state the reason.

I suppose that you fiance has not informed his employer about this info so  the best way na lang talaga is to ask, put it in writing to make it formal, at the same time talk to his line manager or who ever that makes their roster.  That way, if his employer decides that it would be a problem, then you'll be informed way ahead that you have to move your wedding date. Instead of moving your wedding date a month or 2 away.  At least you also won't have a problem with your suppliers and vice versa.  You have to take into consideration that they are all businessmen so every available date is vital.

I'm not sure that you know this so just to inform you, in most cases, suppliers put it in the fine print that in the event that your wedding is cancelled or postponed a month or 45 days away from the actual wedding date, this will incur extra charges from you or you won't get any refunds na even if you're fully paid na.    So better read the contract that your coordinator sends you, even if it's too long. Hope this helps. Good luck.  :)
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

missus13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 11:47:13 am »
Thank you so much sis bonzaigirl. Good thing you told me that cause I didn't know that there are suppliers that charge fees when you postpone an event. I only know that when you cancel it, then you won't get any refund. I'll tell this to my fiance and we'll decide right away. You're a great help sis!

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2015, 01:21:39 pm »
^missus13, no worries.  Not all suppliers do that, but most do, especially if they are in demand suppliers.  That is why it is best to read everything in the contract. But that only occurs when you inform them a month or 2 away from the actual event.  Because then they are losing money, instead of earning that day, they lose profit and it would be difficult for them to look for any bookings so close to  the date.  That's why.  It's okay naman to postpone, but they are asking for more time.  Good luck . Happy preps sis.
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 07:33:42 pm »
^ Mga sis, justified ba ang 100k full coordination in 1 1/2 yr na wedding with a, say, 800k-1m (including coord's fee) budget? 200-250guests, either Manila or Tagaytay. Kasi baka mamaya ang mahal nga ng coordinator, pero maliit lang naman pala ang budget.

Hmm parang ang laking share ng 100k coordination sa 1M budget sis. Just my personal opinion. My coordination budget is less than 3% my total wedding budget. Im also 200-250 pax and Tagaytay wedding. Kasi as you go along planning you discover so many things needed pala na wala sa original list mo. So it adds up. Make sure you have at least 10% as buffer for any upgrades or additional things you missed out. Just to make sure you stay within budget.

Nung una gusto ko rin magbook ng high end P/V, pero i was thinking if they are worth 15-20% of my total wedding budget na agad baka mamaya magsuffer styling ng venue ko, or my gown, or the food...so i went midrange. Sa coordinator i went high-end just for safety pero i got naman her lowest package. Baka you can do the same if you really want your high end coor?

mrscreamsoda

• GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 10:22:48 pm »
Thanks, sis sparklingjewel! Kahit ako nalalakihan din sa 100k. Hintay pa ako sa inquiries ko sa iba. I may have to let go of my high end Photog, then. Kasi midrange na yung videographer ko na gusto ko. I'm still looking for a coordinator who offers full planning for 18mos kasi by 12mos dami nang booked. :(

I'm still waiting for la belle and Jody Liwanag's rates. 4 event coordinators lang so far ang pinagpipilian ko.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 11:51:46 pm »
Hi sis, may i know who they are? I might have the rates as of late 2014, at least youll have an idea.
Kung 100k yung peg mo, here are the rates of the ones iv inquired with na malamang same tier (inquired late 2014). Mura na ang 100k though for full coordination of a top-tier coordinator.

- Kutchie Zaldarriaga--- 100k for full coordination, 200pax and below
- Christine Ong-Te----- 120k for full coordination, 300 pax and below
- Ernest Pascual---- 170k for full coordination
I seem to have lost the quote Rita Neri gave me pero mas mahal sya than Kutchie and Christine.
I've been to several weddings already handled by Kutchie and Christine, all controlled and flawless. And one kay Rita, ganun din. Ernest wala pa pero for that rate man, he must be good! Haha.

Jody Liwanag is 35k for OTD of 200pax or less then, unfortunately she did not give me her other packages na.  Alam ko halos same sya kay Kutchie. My brother also got her for full coordination and they did flawlessly.

La Belle is 65k for full coordination of 150pax or less, +6k for OOT. I think they are midrange and relatively new in the industry although trying to go up the ladder to cater to clients with bigger budgets.

There are coordinators who dont count the month but will take on the job as soon as you book them, pero full coordination na nga talaga yan. Partial kasi is usually 3-6 months before. In your case if you really need full coordination, another option would be to rely on a low to midrange coordinator?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:05:40 am by sparklingjewel »

mrscreamsoda

• GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 12:25:29 am »
Thank you, sis!!!

Actually, beSpoke MNL ang nasa list ko. 80k palang si Ernest nito when I made this list. Lol! I'm actually eyeing Kutchie. Kasi wala talaga akong time to do the preps na so I want to get a really good coordinator. Pero come to think of it, I do know who to get na. I just want somebody to do the bargaining in my behalf, may recommendations at may ka brainstorm ako and to manage the RSVPs din pala. :D

I'm still waiting for La Belle and Jody's rates. I got Ayie's rates and super pasok sa budget. The other one is Kutchie. I have yet to inquire kay COTe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:33:24 am by mrscreamsoda »

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 12:36:16 am »
Ah so i guess di pa nagtataas si Kutchie since i booked her. Booked her in Nov last year pa. :) She is honestly such a big name already i cant believe that when i went through the list of high end coors she and Jody were the cheapest. Hehe! Kaso di na available si Jody on my date kaya i went to Kutchie. Sayang bec my brother knows her from his wedding. Kutchie isn't bad at all, im impressed with her team so far and full trust ako. Not to mention, she coordinated Heart's wedding which was to die for. Sa liit ng wedding ko compared kay Heart e chicken lang sa kanya to hahahah.

Actually feeling ko there are good cheap coors, yung mga starting out. Up to you naman yun if you wanna take that chance. Laking tipid din.. hehe. Pero kung magfull coordination ka na, sa subok ka na i think. Laking pera yun eh, you wouldnt want to end up half-baked after shelling out so much.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:38:55 am by sparklingjewel »

mrscreamsoda

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 12:55:17 am »
^ thanks, sis! Parehas pa tayong Tagaytay. Pero tentative pa ako sa lahat. Even the date. Kaya naiintimidate din ako sa 100k coord then 1m budget. Dahil kay Kutchie, chicken nga lang yon. Haha! Hintayin ko si Jody and La Belle then from there research ako how well they do sa full planning. Thanks sis ha! Kapag set na ako, let's exchange notes ulit! Hehe

gelitorres

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:52 am »
Did Kutchie coordinate Heart Evangelista's wedding? A different coordinator is in the suppliers' list in these 2 blog entries from bride and breakfast:

http://brideandbreakfast.ph/2015/02/25/chiz-escudero-heart-evangelista-wedding-photos/

http://brideandbreakfast.ph/2015/02/24/chiz-escudero-heart-evangelista-engagement-photos/

The name of the coordinator is Jenny Lim.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:09:03 am by gelitorres »

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2015, 01:09:14 am »
Ah really why naman di pa final? Finalize that before you book anything :) Coor naman can wait.
Medyo ma-short ka lang talaga sa 1M if 100k coor tas puro midrange kasi may OOT fees ka pa eh. Lalo na if mahal venue or mataas na midrange yung P/V. My midrange P/V cost me 180k. Food mo baka 300k-400k. Venue maybe 70-100k conservative. Parang nakakailang major supplier palang 700+ na..

missus13

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2015, 03:02:48 am »
Mga sis! help! My sister signed the contract for whole wedding package and coordination earlier. OFW ako kaya siya nagsign pero ako magbabayad. Nagpadala na ko at mamaya ang dating nung pera. But while browsing the pictures sa page, i realized na yung ibang pictures ay galing sa ibang suppliers kaya nagdadalawang isip ako. waaah! Gusto ko icancel, nakalagay s contract yung mode of payment, may pirma ng both parties, aside sa inclusions ng package and payment scheme, wala na terms na nakasulat. Okay lang ba icancel ko ang money transfer ko habang hindi pa ready for withdrawal?

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2015, 03:08:39 am »
mrscreamsoda: Sis Ill have to agree with sparklingjewel. For 1M budget, parang 100k is too big for full coordination. But it is really up to you naman sis.

My coordinator is Ruby Ines- her 200pax OTD is 35k, while my cousin got her for full coordination 95k

But sis siguro if I needed full coordination I would get La Belle Fete. Their OTD is super mahal because they seem to concentrate more on full planning. They even will make a mood board for you based on the proposal I got from them. Also their full coordination is cheaper than others too. They always work with this florist Amante Fleurs who I find very promising and talented. He is also very cheap! But I just would never risk hiring Amante unless La Belle Fete was my coordinator, because I heard he is a super headache to deal with. But If I had La Belle Fete to run after him, I would gladly save the money on styling and hire him!!!

My bro's fiance naman got Kiss the Girl. And they have been quite happy. Heheh While I am super happy with my coordinator, I kinda felt like I could have gotten away pala with a cheaper coordinator like KTG and get good, expert service. Their wedding isn't done yet though so I dont know how they are on the day itself.

mrscreamsoda

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2015, 05:08:59 am »
^ sis gelitorres, Heart E's Manila reception was handled by Getting Married PH by Kutchie. ;)

thanks for the input sis sparklingjewel and sis Chili!

yun nga. I want my remaining 900k to be managed wisely and by getting a coordinator means she gets to have a say on how I should spend my budget esp. that I live overseas. It may seem a small amount to other high end suppliers, pero sa akin katas ng OT ko yan  ;D. So, Kahit na the decision is still on us, whoever coordinator I choose, I would trust that coordinator's expertise and opinion. Kaya okay lang sana kumuha ng high end coord at kaya tinanong ko muna kung justified ba ang 100k for a 1M wedding kasi nga parang out of budget. Pero naisip ko rin, since kaka GT at w@w ko, alam ko na who to get as suppliers.I just need someone to "be there" for me hindi yung puro emails and calls lang at may tagabantay sa suppliers ko. Hehe.  Pero ayaw ko na talaga taasan pa ang budget ko! Ceiling na yan!!  ;D

Where is sis vhanya when I need her?! She's a Jody Liwanag bride. lol!

Sis sparklingjewel, baka siguro instead of 3rd week of June imove ko ng 1st week. Non-negotiable ang June kaya bahala si hubby magreklamo! ;D

Sis Chili, I have Amante Fleurs in my list pero I crossed them out due to bad feedbacks. Problema na sila since 3yrs ago pa! Haha! May mga collab din sila with Kutchie and the styling were great! So if either Kutchie or La Belle, icoconsider ko sila ulit. Hintay pa muna ako sa rates and reviews ng mid-range coordinators before ako magdecide. Nakakaexcite na nakakakaba magwedding prep!

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2015, 05:59:32 am »
^gelitorres Heart had 2 coordinators work together--- Getting Married (Kutchie) and Jenny Lim, both of which are top-caliber. Suki si Jenny ng chinese couples and weddings. Siguro ganun lang kalaki talaga event nya. Imagine 3-day Balesin affair tas meron pang Manila leg. They flew in all those guests! And suppliers! Hehe. :)

^mrscreamsoda I see i see. Well tagal pa naman so you have time on your side. Kung pipilitin, i think there is a way to get away with 900k wedding budget na puro low to midrange suppliers, though there wont be much left for a lot of extras / splurges. Which is good, bec if you know you can you will! Hehe. But if you already know who you wanna get, and will rely on the coor for discounts nalang, then baka nga you need to ask her if kaya. Tell her who you wanna get so she can estimate. :)

^Chili1113 Lol i find La Belle mahal for a midrange coor too. Then again thats how theyre packaging themselves talaga-- and i think just gaining expertise & experience before charging a high-end rate. Haha pero sana nga ok sila kausap bilang the way they advertise is puro top 3 schools sila.

ninja8

• GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2015, 07:11:23 am »
Hi everyone. If you backed out on a coordinator and they still want to charge you full rates? Is that even possible? This is 9 months pa before the wedding day itself.

My good friend booked did all the nitty gritty stuff from booking to meeting all the suppliers. Weddings not until April. Shes now moving to another planner since she finds her former coord unprofessional. Emails takes a week before she gets answered.She formerly booked Jetts and Rhona.Now the husband wife tandem is charging her full professional fee kesyo daw they already turned down another client (even showed her a screenshot of the client who inquired) Showed but not confirmed and there was no date in the email (which means it could be a past email wherein it was an inquiry prior to having them). Also after a text inquiry, she find it too unprofressional to let her know that they can help them later kase they were out on a date.She never mentioned they were inefficient or anything, she just said they needed someone who can serve them sooner.

She asked me since I terminated my contract with my first planner (thats a differest story) and when I sent my former coord their termination contract, she nicely said goodbye and didnt ask for anything.

Now this couple charges her the whole amount still insists that they pay since they wont be able to find another couple. She had to let go of the downpayment of 10k already and now she been haranged by this couple. Technically and legally, the money they can keep snce their works comes 3 months prior but I dont really understand why would they ask her for full payment when they have been inefficient and they havent dont any work yet.

I met this husband wife tandem before boooking another planner and honestly I find them pushy with their OTD. OTD Planning requires you to all booked and arrange your suppliers which sadly wont work for me. No wonder soft copy of their rates were never sent to my email. They also mentioned that when a bride is stressed, they get stressed out too. Hmm arent you suppose to be the shock absorber for the bride?

Now shes thinking of consulting a lawyer.Nagmamatigas ata. We are getting married on the same year although mine will be later on and honestly ive never heard of such thing paying for the full amount not unless it is 2 months prior. The contract didnt have any termination clauses, only cancellation ones so its all a blur.

Ngayon all the more that she wants out pero what do you think? 9 months is pretty reasonble to terminate a contract

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:20:20 am by ninja8 »

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2015, 01:11:16 pm »
ninja8: Awww so sad what happened to you friend! hehe so it takes their coordinator a week to reply? Ive heard of another well-known coordinator who takes 3weeks to a month to reply. Anyway... tell your friend to check their contract with Jets and Rhona. Also since the wedding is still 8 months away I find that super OA if they are demanding for the full payment. Its not like they wont be able to get another wedding. And if they dont, isnt 10k enough compensation for answering the questions of the couple a few times via email? Besides the real work hasnt been done yet... which is 3 months before the wedding wherein they start planning already with the couple!!

Mrscreamsoda: Re La Belle Fete... ninja8 is absolutely correct. I would only dare book Amante if my coordinator was La Belle Fete since Ycoy seems to know how to get Amante to work properly. Ive really heard lots of horror stories about Amante's lack of professionalism.

With Kutchie, while Amante looks up to her, I dunno if that will be enough to scare Amante into working well. Kutchie's market kasi is really high-end and most of her clients wont even consider Amante. Shes only had about 2-3 clients with Amante (acdg to Julius himself), so I dunno......

Unlike La Belle Fete, almost all their events are done by Amante and it seems do be executed well. So you know Amante would not DARE screw up a project with La Belle Fete, since he heavily relies on them for work. Plus Amante owes La Belle Fete a lot. He was practically unknown and had very low end weddings, before Ycoy kept hiring him.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:18:24 pm by Chili1113 »

msdianne

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2015, 03:11:18 pm »
My friend got Kutchie for her full coordination. She works with limited budget too. But mid range suppliers. She got huge huge discount as well kaya nakatipid yung friend ko.

I only got her for turnover nanghinayang din ako sana I got her full. She'll work with your budget. Halos sabay din kami ng friend ko sa planning now she seems to be stress free talaga.

msGlobalista

• GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »
I'm full coordination with Kutchie. I must say I'm in a very very good hands. The budget we agreed and conceptualized was followed. I must say she will stick with the budget you have. She won't recommend if hindi mo kaya. And with the discount she gave me and my suppliers hindi naman lahat high end ni recommend niya. She is very established na and I felt na she is doing her job to help people even without profit. My wedding is budget wedding too. And don't be afraid Kutchie can pull of a wedding kahit less than a million. It's worth the investment. Believe me!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close