watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160736 times)

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2017, 02:10:29 am »
^i haven't tried any AHA toner but i think Pixi Glow is an AHA. Meron Pixi sa Landmark. COSRx AHA/BHA toners we have online nga lang here. I think BeautyMNL meron. But I haven't tried these ha. I use the Clenziderm line from obagi which is salicylic acid based so BHA ang toner ko and facial wash.

My skin regimen is really simple.

AM: facial wash, toner, vitamin c serum, sunscreen (i add moisturizer on very dry days)
PM: facial wash, tret, obagi blender (hydroquinone)
WEEKLY: sheet masks with retinol
MONTHLY: basic facial, power peel
QUARTERLY: chemical (SA) peel

arturo14

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2017, 10:48:47 am »
^so since glycolic po yung pixi, bawal sya isabay sa tret sa gabi?

yun po bang mask mo before or after magtret? may waiting time din?hehe hindi ko na kasi alam saan isisingit yung ibang products sa gabi kapag nagttret ako

eto yung regimen ko ngayon :

AM
Neutrogena deep clean facial wash
Iwhite moisturizer water based (ang bango kasi hehe)
Belo sunscreen

PM:
Cleanse : Liquid neutrogena
Tretinoin

Di na ako nagmoisturizer sa gabi kasi nung natry ko(before tret) parang dumudulas lang sa ibabaw yung tret.
Gusto ko sana iadd yung Pixi or any glycolic toner sa routine ko for exfoliation ng top layer. di ko na lang alam san ko sya ilalagay hehe problem ko kasi closed comedones.

salamat po sa makakatulong :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:52:01 pm by mama squeak! »

ireneeey

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »
^^Which do you put first, moisturizer or sunscreen?

And is it okay kung maglagay ako ng moisturizer at night after I put vitamin c serum/tret? Hindi naman makakaaffect sa serum/tret? Minsan kasi, especially nowadays, kapag sobrang init ng panahon, I don't feel like putting any kind of moisturizer during daytime.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:52:38 pm by mama squeak! »

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #543 on: May 15, 2017, 04:43:35 am »
^yes. AHA, BHA, Vitamin C, and other "actives" should NOT be mixed or used together with tret. So no pixi toner for you at night. :)

Regarding masks, since mine has retinol naman, i skip tret on that night I am supposed to use sheet masks. Extra lang naman yung mask so no need to incorporate it to your routine if wala ka na masingitan. I just started using masks recently a few months ago lang din when it became uso anyway.

If you want to use a toner, apply it in the AM after washing and before moisturizer or sunscreen. Keep your PM routine the same na lang.

^^my self-imposed rule is "thin products first before thick." So serum muna then moisturizer if I have to use one in the AM. Last step is sunscreen because they are purposely made to sit on top of the skin for sun protection. So if you put it before moisturizer or any other product, these products won't penetrate the skin making them useless. Makeup goes next after sunscreen.

With tret naman, some mix tret with their moisturizers then apply it as a regular moisturizer on the face. Like one pea-sized tret mixed with one-pea sized moisturizer. Or kung too harsh the tret, 1:2 ratio for tret:moisturizer. Others naman apply the tret before the moisturizer. This is what I do if I want extra moisture sa skin. Basic moisturizers won't affect tret's potency anyway so whichever works for you. The moisturizer is just for avoiding too much dryness and irritation from tret.

With Vitamin C serum naman, yes it's advisable pa nga to layer it with moisturizer kasi it tends to "lock" the serum sa skin. Basta thin before thick lang ang secret to proper layering of skincare products.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:59:15 am by baby_chichay »

ireneeey

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #544 on: May 15, 2017, 11:05:47 am »
Thanks for the tip, dear! Will try using Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel kasi as facial moisturizer. Minsan kasi dry and tight ang face ko, kaya gusto ko basic moisturizer lang para hindi masyadong oily. By the way with regard to using tret, I am currently using Retin-A (0.05) kasi. What tret percentage do you use? Did you already try upgrading from a low percentage to a higher one?

arturo14

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #545 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »
^Salamat sa reply baby_chichay :) Actually bumili na ako nung pixi Glow tonic. nakikita ko kasi maganda rin yung reviews nya. Sa morning ko sya nilalagay kahit ang sabi dapat AM and PM. kaso since I'm using tret sa gabi, sa morning na lang sya. I wonder kung eeffect pa rin sya at kung maganda syang combination with Tret. Okay na kaya to? 5% na glycolic acid sya or dapat yung mas mataas. yung peel pads nila 20% GA. Tolerable pa rin kaya yun with Tret?

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2017, 10:27:22 pm »
^^^I actually downgraded from .1 to 0.05 because at one point hindi na talaga matolerate ng skin ko yung .1% but soon i know i need to up it to .1 na ulit since nagpeel lang ako sa 0.05 for a week then wala na. I have to ask my doc the next time we meet. Anyway the current reason I'm prescribed tret is to prevent fine lines and wrinkles na unlike the first time, i had a very bad breakout kasi. I'm okay with 0.05 though because my skin seems to adjust to it better.

^do not use an AHA with tret no matter how low the percentage is. Optimal results are gradual with tret and other actives naman so wait it out. :) 20% glycolic is still mild but make sure your skin can tolerate lower percentages first.

cupcakejane

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #547 on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »
ellizarjen if walang stieva A, you ca buy differin gel 0.3%. There is slight peeling also so not advisable if you are always expose to the sun or undergoing laser procedures.  This is a good product for spot treatment sa pimples available in mercury.

ireneeey

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:40 pm »
ellizarjen if walang stieva A, you ca buy differin gel 0.3%. There is slight peeling also so not advisable if you are always expose to the sun or undergoing laser procedures.  This is a good product for spot treatment sa pimples available in mercury.

Is it more effective than epiduo? I am using epiduo for my chin lang especially during PMS day kasi don lang ako nagkakazits. Epiduo contain 0.1 Adapalene and 2.5 Benzoyl P. Is the 0.3 variant of Differin effective sis? :)

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2017, 11:35:15 pm »
^in my experience, epiduo and differin are both good kaso epiduo is more drying (because of the BP), works faster for most kinds of acne (comedones, pustules, papules) except cystic. Nothing works for cystic pimples but steroid injections (although tea tree oil helps sa onset ng cystic).

Differin, works best for blackheads and whiteheads. When I was prescribed differin for spot treatment, parang wala naman sya effect sa pimple. Nagddry up lang but the bump is still there. I rarely get pimples kahit noong teenage years but what I have are bumpy nodules. Come my late 20s i get cystic ones kaya injection na lang ang katapat. Differin did not do much for my type of pimples pero sa long term use, mas mabilis ang skin turnover which resulted to fewer comedones.

So the difference between the two is depende sa type ng blemishes mo. Use epiduo for a mix of acnes. But differin for comedones.

dandyguy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2017, 02:31:56 pm »
More than a year na ako on retin a, 1 year and 3 months to be exact. I am breaking out recently huhu I can't figure out why. I know occasional zits can be expected pa din when using retin a because i still do get occasional zits even after my purging stage before nung nagstart ako. This time, its different, more than 2 weeks na yata ang breakout.

I havent really had a major change sa routine except of adding laneige time freeze intensive moisturizing cream. I have been breaking out prior. I also turned vegan 2 months ago, drastic change of diet. But, isnt that supposed to give positive effect instead? Any suggestions? Breakouts are in the jaw and cupid's bow area. TIA.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2017, 01:20:33 pm »
I don't know why but I'm badly reacting from tret. I stopped for a year and resumed about three weeks ago. I've been applying once a week, and each time I'd get extreme irritation - contact dermatitis levels. Ugh, yoko na. :( I'll try switching to retinoids na muna.

dandyguy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2017, 05:49:19 pm »
I am stopping tretinoin na after over 1 amazing year with it. Sayang I have one tube of retin-a unopened pa naman and half tube na I was currently using. Ugali ko kasi maghoard. I consulted the derma na and gave me new set of meds, bawal na daw tret sa akin because incompatible sa new meds. I'm not sure if it's allowed to do this here, but for those who are still in love with retin-a, maybe you would want to buy my new unopened tube for a lower price. Sayang naman kasi. The expiration date is 2018 pa. Just direct message me if interested. :)

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »
Ano pa po kayang tret ang avail sa market? Thanks po

cupcakejane

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #554 on: July 09, 2017, 06:43:59 pm »
^ Girl just go to mercury and you will find different brands available.  Just research and visit a derma to see if you really need it or not. 

blakesiy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #555 on: November 17, 2017, 03:10:25 pm »
Hi mga sis,

Aside from Retin A, are there other OTC brands na cheaper and where can I buy them? :)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #556 on: November 17, 2017, 05:56:16 pm »
ibababa ko muna tret ko to once a week, i'm peeling like crazy kahit na last night nag exfoliate na ako, exfoliating usually does the trick for me dati.  :'(

Crayolaa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2017, 08:22:05 pm »
Long time lurker here. I just started tretinoin 0.025% cream as prescribed by my derma this thursday. My skin type is oily, acne and clogged prone. Aside from tret she prescribed me with an antibiotic toner (clindamycin) and pore cleanser cream(glycolic based).
I was a tret user before (beauche clarifying solution). Love how it makes my skin smooth and less clogged but long time used makes me look flushed, hot(literal na umiinit yung face) and sweaty.
I tried acids like AHA and BHA but I just purged really bad with cystic acne. Azelaic acid is just meh.
My derma's advise was to alternate the tret and glycolic cream each night. And expect to purge for a month depending on how my skin will react.
So we will see and hope to God na mahiyang ulit ako sa tret.

prickyslime

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #558 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:12 pm »
Hi guys, up ko lang. Do I need to use sunblock kahit sa gabi lang naglalagay ng tret?  I mean, the next day lagi magsunblock dapat kahit nasa house kalang? Baka may mai-recommend din kayo :)

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2018, 01:48:17 am »
Hi guys, up ko lang. Do I need to use sunblock kahit sa gabi lang naglalagay ng tret?  I mean, the next day lagi magsunblock dapat kahit nasa house kalang? Baka may mai-recommend din kayo :)

it is a MUST to use sunscreen while on tret. not at night anymore but during the day. and YES kahit nasa loob lang ng bahay. WHY? because you will peel. you will shed. your skin will turn red, might crack pa and you will have dry skin all over. you might purge, there might be bumps that will come out in clusters and you won't even know saan sila nanggaling or the shocking realization na may pore pala dun. LOL. (i even had breakouts on my eyelid, browbone, and on the edge of my lips, which i NEVER had in my life, but well, purging ako kay tret at first). in short your skin will be very sensitive as tret rids of the old skin and replaces it with a new one. and you don't want your new, fresh, baby, pink, sensitive skin to just get sunburned and damaged, right? so use sunscreen like there's no tomorrow. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:53:31 am by baby_chichay »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close