watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160984 times)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:10 am »
^Hi sis! Differing formulations also effect the effectivity of tret on the user. Although, hiyangan na lang talaga. I find that regardless of %, Stieva was the most irritating of the choices we had. Personally, my sensitive skin prefers Retin A, but it is a lot milder compared to Stieva.

Answer to question no. 1 is no. Sometimes skin can develop a slight tolerance to tretinoin, more so if you've been regularly using it for a while. Tretinoin works by irritating the skin, forcing it to heal and produce collagen underneath the surface. This is what makes it a great anti-aging product, a thicker collagen would mean skin less likely to wrinkle. However, to maintain this collagen, you'd have to be continuously using tretinoin. As an acne treatment, tretinoin is an exfoliant and this is where the irritation mechanism comes in. As your skin adapts to tretinoin, there's also less irritation. It still exfoliates, but not at the same rate as when you started. If you feel you still need more tretinoin, then you can look into upping the percentage of tret or using AHA and BHA products to improve penetration, which will also likely increase irritation.

As for question no. 2, top layer of the skin is exfoliated so your skin also develops a certain sensitivity. Look into using milder cleansers to compensate. Applying a mild moisturizer before or after tret will also help, but will buffer the tretinoin. Best approach would be to apply moiturizer 30 minutes after tret has been applied to make sure product has been absorbed properly.

Hope that helped! :)

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2016, 12:57:41 am »
^thank you so much my dear! I've been curious about that since forever. Thank you for explaining it so clearly! :)

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2016, 12:49:46 am »
@wickedwitch (or anyone else who knows): my dear, i forgot to ask this question: if I don't have time to wait 20mins after washing my face to apply tretinoin, what would be my options? I have sensitive skin already, my skin feels tight after i wash my face :(

VainDoll

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2016, 07:41:03 am »
^your facial wash siguro sis is high pH. Try Safeguard Sensitive Dermasense. :) Low pH yun.

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2016, 01:48:31 am »
^hi dear :) hmm I use Mustela Stelaprotect (for sensitive skin) and I think the pH level of that is close to the pH level of our skin, which is around 5.5 if I'm not mistaken, slightly acidic to kills bacteria. I tried kasi a high-basic cleanser (pH7 i think) and I felt like it broke me out, maybe it messed with my skin? :( so I try to stick with those cleansers close to our natural pH :( yung problem ko lang is tightness after washing. At night can I just put tret right after washing and moisturizer without having to wait for 20mins?

VainDoll

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2016, 04:40:51 am »
^that's right sis. Ang naalala ko dati nun first time ko mag tret super tight nga. Plus I use high pH cleansers pa. Hindi pa ako aware nun sa ganun. Feel ko sis na overexfoliate na yun skin mo? Tret lang ba active mo? If yan lang sis, pwede naman mag moisturizer agad yun nga lang it'll lessen the effectiveness pero at least less irritation. Once siguro nakarecover na yun skin mo you may proceed to 20mins wait time to maximize the benefit of tret ;)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »
@wickedwitch (or anyone else who knows): my dear, i forgot to ask this question: if I don't have time to wait 20mins after washing my face to apply tretinoin, what would be my options? I have sensitive skin already, my skin feels tight after i wash my face :(

Another option is to mix tret 1:1 with a mild moisturizer. It will buffer the tret for sure but also reduce irritation and lessen potential irritation. Physiogel AI is always a safe option but if you have access to La Roche Posay, I highly recommend Toleriane Cream, as it is specifically designed for intolerant skintypes. The Toleriane Fluid is a good option for an AM moisturizer while on tret, or whenever your skin is feeling sensitized :)

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2016, 11:19:38 pm »
Ako dalawa ang tret ko retin A .05% and Retacnyl .025%. Pag tinatamad o wala akong time maghintay nang 20 minutes retacnyl gamit ko and hindi na rin ako naglalagay nang moisturizer. Pag marami pa akong time Retin A ginagamit ko then wait for another 20 minutes para maglagay nang physiogel AI.

poisonIV

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
Ilang months bago kayo nakakita ng improvement with Tretinoin? 3rd month ko na siya ginagamit today, parang ganon parin, breakouts galore parin :'( kaiyak na talaga

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2016, 11:09:36 pm »
^
Sis ako kasi hindi naman nag break out with tretinoin nag peel lang. Pero hindi nga halata yung peeling kasi bihira na ako mag foundie or powder.  try mo yung mga advice nang mga sis natin na gumamit nang moisturizer or lessen mo ang frequency nang paglagay nang tret.

Mga sis Sis I plan na every other day ko na lang gagamitin tretinoin since I want to introduce P50 into my regimen so magiging alternate sila nang tret. Pa comment naman sa plan ko na regimen.

Day 1 AM Skin Medica Vitamin C Serum
              VMV Armada SPF 45

          PM Tretinoin

Day 2  AM Skin Medica Vitamin C Serum
              VMV Armada SPF 45

          PM  P50
                Estee Lauder ANR
                Physiogel AI


sum.mer

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2016, 08:51:23 am »
First time to use Retin-A last night. I think ok naman sya. I was expecting to wake up with a pimple or something but nice naman when I woke up. Will do 2x a week muna and see. I will alternate it with my routine of glycolic mask + sleeping mask. I also do double cleansing btw. Force if habit ☺

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »
pret_ty68: I love your skin care routine! It is very similar to the one recommended by my derma. BTW where do your get your SkinMedica Vitamin C? My derma sells it but in her clinic in Asian Hospital. She can't sell it to me in the VMV main clinic I got to in Makati. I wanna try it!

oracLe

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2016, 01:27:21 am »
Who uses Derm A? Kala ko same same lang sila, so that's what I bought, gamitin ko lang sa chin ko, may bumps kasi. Kainis. I didn't have these noon naman.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:31 am »
Used it before, and recently bought a tube last week. It's ok so far, yun lang dami hangin inside the tube. It's supposed to be im an airtight container.

mirandakerred

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2016, 05:58:33 pm »
I just bought a 15% glycolic acid peel from Skin Peel Shop. I know how to use it naman. Plan ko kasi, yung parang dati lang, nagpapaglycolic peel ako sa derma every month. So meaning, once a month lang ako mag-glycolic peel. Then may ginagamit kasi akong RA cream.

If I applied glycolic acid peel na, after how many days bago ko ulit gamitin si RA?

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2016, 10:12:58 pm »
pret_ty68: I love your skin care routine! It is very similar to the one recommended by my derma. BTW where do your get your SkinMedica Vitamin C? My derma sells it but in her clinic in Asian Hospital. She can't sell it to me in the VMV main clinic I got to in Makati. I wanna try it!

Yung P50 plan pa lang naman ang tagal kasi dumating nung order ko. Sa ngayon instead of P50 I use SK II toner and essence  before estee lauder serum. Sa derma rin ako bumibili nang skin medica pero out of stock nga ngayon kaya pinagiisipan ko nga na bumili sa online site mismo nang skin medica pag matagal pang wala. Nakita ko kasi ito

https://www.skinmedica.com

But I haven't tried ordering from that site pa so I don't know if they accept Philippine CC. For now I use EL ANR instead of the Vitamin C Serum.

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2016, 11:27:17 pm »
@vaindoll, @wickedwitch: hi dearies! Thanks so much for answering my questions. Yes, tret lang yung active ko pero irritated pa rin and sensitized yung skin ko.. Right now I'm trying to alternate Tret and Neostrata Skin Renewal Creame each day. I noticed it helped sooth it but I think the tret isn't as effective. In the morning I apply Vit C Serum and First Aid Beauty Ultra Barrier Cream afterwards (and sunscreen in the morning).

I have another issue though, there's this spot on my face na parang mole, there used to be a pimple there pero ngayon wala na siyang "laman" but it still is red, parang blood na na-stuck dun, or red blood cells or i don't know.. There are two spots, yung isa parang ganon rin :( Has anybody ever experienced this? How did you deal with it? Did it eventually go away?

@wickedwitch:I'm trying to get my hands on the La Roche Posay product you recommended. Can you also PM me your blog address? :)

Thanks ladies :)

iamthesun

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2016, 12:34:04 am »
Tanggal ba ang hyperpigmentation dito?

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2016, 05:01:42 pm »
Is it okay to use oil on top of tret?

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »
i think so, it will just dilute and buffer the tretinioin


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close