watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160955 times)

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2016, 07:29:34 am »
sis happy scent - hindi ba sticky si vit c serum ng andalou? haha gusto ko nanaman mag try!!! nababagalan kasi ako sa pag tangal ng blemishes ko :( nag gluglutha pa ko ha kasi desperate hahaha

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2016, 12:08:26 pm »
sobrang light nang andalou naturals, weird lang ang color dahil sa turmeric; may mga testers ang andalou naturals sa healthy options kaya pwede mo doon subukan

hindi ko nasubukan ang glutha kasi ang mahal nang maintenance; sa tingin ko kung gusto mabilisan pagtanggal nang hyperpigmentation laser na talaga ang katapat

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2016, 12:12:55 pm »
^^^ Ooh. Thanks sis! Nao-OC kasi ako hindi ko alam kung mas effective vitamin C kung sa umaga or gabi, kaya ginagawa ko twice a day. Haha. After I finish my first bottle mag once a day nalang ako. Ang bilis maubos nung isang bote haha! Halos two months lang.

oracLe

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2016, 11:49:14 pm »
On my 7th week of Tret. Breakouts here and there. Hay. Despite what others have said na not to use vitamin c serum and tret together, I still use them on top of each other. My main goal kasi with C serum is to remove/lighten my post-acne hyperpigmentations, I thought using it on mornings lang wouldn't be as effective. So I apply it day and night. Kaso ang bagaaaal pa rin ng results! :(

Does tret lighten/remove kaya red acne marks? Baka I have to use it alone talaga, it might be cancelling out the C serum's efficacy or the other way around. Or maybe Vitamin C just doesn't work that well for me. :( Kinda feeling hopeless. Ugh.

Hi, sis! If gusto mo ng anti-aging pero gusto mo din ng Vit C, you might want to try Eden's Paradise Statheros-C, effective sya saakin, mag red butlig ka lang na maliliit mga 3 to 7 days, ako 5 days ata, pero mawawala din sya.

ironhide

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2016, 10:19:34 pm »
Hi sissies! phase out na daw talaga ang stieva-a! Ang dami ko ng pinagtanungan na drugstores. Anyway, nakahanap ako ng kapalit. I'm using Acretin tretinoin cream 0.025% . so far so good balitaan ko kaya. You can buy it on ebay.ph or sa lazada.com.ph

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2016, 02:29:09 pm »
^ Thanks sis! :)

How do you know it's time to lower your percentage of tretinoin? I've been using .050 for 2 and a half months na. Recently I had these burnt-like marks (reddish) on my lower cheek and jaw area. Saka I noticed since I started with tret never nawala ang peeling.. Could these be signs that I should be using the 0.025 instead?

Also, ako lang ba nagkakaron ng deep seated blackheads from tret? They're super black, but mejo nakaangat yung head. Muka silang nunal. How to deal with these? I'm using the tret in cream form. :/

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2016, 08:58:18 am »
Baka kailangan mo lang mag moisturizer after using tretinoin, after 30 minutes mag moisturizer ka

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2016, 01:28:01 pm »
^ Thanks sis.. Oo nga e, baka I need to na.

Update: These super dark stubborn blackheads eventually turn into cysts, :( I realized.

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2016, 08:53:38 am »
^sis i also experienced that tiny bumps na sobrang dami sa may jawline. Hindi siya pansinin pag sa malayo pero nakakabother siya pag hinahawakan mo.. dati nagkaganyan ako kasi ang taas ng binigay sa akin ng derma ko na % ng tret, .1 deretso.. ang alam ko needed para matanggal yan ay extraction talaga kasi closed siya di ba? Kaya dati non advise sa kin is to have my facial every week talaga, natanggal naman sila pero ngayon hindi pa pwede sa akin ang .1 na tret, nasa .5 pa lang ako everyday pero i mix it with kojic cream as per advice by my derma.

 sis i'm only sharing my experience to help you, kasi i know how frustrating yung ganyang feeling pero baka may maadvice pa din yung ibang sisses natin dito..

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »
I'm using 0.25 lang pero parang forever peeling din ako hahaha
as in last year pa ko nag start ha.. I think October????
kahit sinabi ng derma na wag ako mag moisturizer tiisin ko lang I finally bought moisturizer the other week kasi nakaka low self esteem pumasok ng office makeup free for the longest time hehe..


Okay naman I use VMV skintangible on days I have to go out then put mineral powder on top. No breakouts, di kitang kita yung peeling because medyo moisturized... Na lessen din yung itchiness caused by dryness


I have those bumps na walang color na maliliit sa may jawline din :( ano ba yun? di naman visible pero pag kinapa mo feel na feel mo...
I have a love-hate relationship with tret kasi I really feel i have less breakouts here and smoother skin ko kaso naman parang habang buhay na ba ako mag pepeel???? hahaha

ironhide

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2016, 12:24:47 am »
yes better if we start sa lowest strength available.

An update on my Acretin tretinoin .025% usage. So far so good naman. may mga naglalabasan na nodules sa chin ko na feeling ko matagal na silang mga clogged pores noon. so I'm guessing this is the purging stage. I'm taking lymecycline as well to combat infections from the initial breakout/purging.

I use benzac 2.5% in the AM as well. Give nako sa kakahanap sa stieva-a. You can all buy these products at lazada or ebay.ph

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:28 am »
Haay mukhang wala na ngang Stieva-A. I checked even yung mga not-so major drugstores like Southstar Drug, Generica, etc. Wala na. Retin-A na lang :(

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2016, 08:44:25 am »
I also checked mercury drugs nearby if available pa yung stieva-a and the staffs told me phased out na daw sa kanila yun, pinagtyatyagaan ko na lang yung stieva-a tube ko na mageexpire 04/16.. meron pa ako 1 month to look for an alternative of stieva-a baka balik belo dlc peeling cream ako kaso ang pricey kasi 1200 siya e yung stieva 600+ lang siya..

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2016, 11:17:26 am »
I'm also in the same boat, phased out na raw Stieva A, I wonder why, sobrang ok pa naman siya sakin :( I think the only options we have (at Mercury Drugstore at least) are Retin A and Retacnyl. Any reviews on both? I'm looking at Retacnyl dahil siya lang may 0.025% na availabel pero it's two times the price of Stieva. Sa Retin A kasi 0.05% na ata lowest available.

What other brands can we use? May Derm A pa ba? Where can it be bought? How much? Is it as effective as Stieva A? Ok naman ba quality?

@ironhide: dear, please continue updating us about Acretin. Wonder why they don't carry this in drugstores.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
May derm-a sa watsons. Havent tried other brands kasi okay na ako sa derm-a. So u cant give feedback on what is better.

poisonIV

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2016, 08:47:30 pm »
I just started using tretinoin last night. Been having acne for over 6 yrs na (unfortunately). I actually used this cream na before cos it was prescribed my derma but those were my amateur days pa sa acne so i didnt really know how it works and wad very impatient. I decided to stop using. Then 2 yrs ago i started using Maxi Peel, ok sana sya , it really controlled my acne but i know hydroquinone is bad for the skin. So i stopped na. For about 1.5yrs, i've tried differemt methods to clear my skin, from Clarisonic, to vitaminb5 to PMD to no sugar diet. All these improved naman the situation of mu skin but not as much as how i wanted my skin to improve. I was so close to going back to maxi peel na and to my surprise, tretinoine lang din pala laman nun aside from hydroquinone ! So yun nag basa basa ako and i learned alot about the drug. Like how impt it is not to apply when the skin is still wet, no to over-do it and not to use it as a spot treatment. I really hope this time it works na for me. I'm really sick of acne not only bec of how it has destroyed my self image but also because wala na akong pera. Haha wish me luck guys!

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2016, 03:15:25 am »
^ Is it available sa pharmacy or off-the-shelf. I saw a few Derm A products sa shelf pero I didn't have time to check if may tret.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #357 on: April 06, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
I just recently started using tretinoin again. I figured it's now or never! The thing is, my skin is actually the most sensitive it has ever been so it's slow process for me.

I'm also experiencing the small bumps in the jawline everyone here is talking about. It's actually either purging or irritation. If it dries and clears after a few days, it's purging, otherwise, it can be a sign of irritation. I know a lot of dermatologists here prescribe against the use of moisturizers with tretinoin. It actually can serve as buffer, lessening the tret's absorption, thereby lessening the irritation. So for my skin, I can only use tretinoin if I use a moisturizer with it. Otherwise, it will just be another irritation story, that will take months to reverse.

I've actually received a lot of private messages from girls here asking for skincare advice, I am no expert but I decided to incorporate this aspect of my life in my blog, after all having product fetish is a huge part of who I am. SO if anyone's ever interested to read about my tretinoin experience or read my product reviews, send me a PM so I can send you my blog address. I'm not sure kasi if we're allowed to do that here.  :)

poisonIV

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2016, 11:22:18 pm »
2.5 months update! Been using tret every single night and so far ok naman. Still not happy with the results kasi ive been getting deep closed comedones 😢 not sure kung dahil ba sa sunscreen na gamit ko so I stopped using it muna. Sana mawala na. I added aloe vera gel to my day and night routine din but only on my left cheek ( my worst side) just to see if may magiging difference sa result. I read a study kasi na patients who used aloe vera and tret got better results than those who only used tretinon. We'll see! Update ko kayo 😀

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »
Hi everyone!
I used Stieva A (0.025%) before and it was very effective, but I think it went out of stock for a while so I had no choice but to get Retacnyl(0.025%) instead. I noticed that the texture of both creams are different, Stieva A is thicker (close to my doctor's formulation) and Retacnyl is somehow thinner? I feel like Retacnyl is more gentle than Stieva A. When I first used it, I didn't peel or turn red right away unlike Stieva A. With that goes my question, especially to the experts out there:

1) Does skin need to peel to know that Tretinoin is working? How will I know if tret is working?
2) My skin slightly feels tight after washing it (when I haven't put anything on yet), does it have to feel tight while you're on tretinoin? Is that a bad sign?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close