watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160908 times)

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:48 am »
Sisses, been using tret (stieva .025%) for a week and noticed that my skin becomes oily lalo na pagkagising ko.. ganon din ba yung naexperience niyo?

I was prescribed by my derma to use the tret that came with the obagi set pero natakot ako gamitin kasi ang taas niya .1%, and as i remember dati noong gumamit din ako ng tret na kasama ng infracyte set na .1% grabe yung bumps ko aa jawline as in parang may meeting yung comedones doon sa sobrang dami.. kaya try ko muna itong .025%.

accalia

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41:14 pm »
Do any of you guys apply some other skincare after tretinoin (after waiting for 20-30 minutes or so)? Say, where does tretinoin fit into the gazillion steps of Korean skincare routine?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
^ Better to ask a derma sis! many products are not compatible with tretinoin =) Some active ingredients can deactivate each other and you will just waste time, effort, and money.

I use a very plain moisturizer with my tret. Either before or after the tretinoin, depending on what I want to do. I use a moisturizer before the tret if I wanna weaken then effect of the tret bec my skin is already irritated and peeling. I use moisturizer after tret if I want to just moisturize my skin. When I use tret with Obagi I do not use anything else.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2014, 02:12:35 am »
^^ most korean skin care lines doesn't seem to be big on retinol/ tretinoin and other vitamin a derivatives. They seem to be more focused on keeping the skin moisturized. Kaya siguro ang daming layers ng moisturizing ingredients.

It's usually not advised to use anything else when you're using tretinoin, because other products might aggravate irritation. Usually, ang recommended sa tretinoin inserts: wash face + wait 20 minutes + tretinoin. And if you're going to use moisturizer, yung walang active ingredients, plain, as chili1113 said.

But if I'm going to try Korean Skin Care + Tret. I'll put tretinoin last.

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2014, 11:38:22 am »
Yes, it's better to consult a derma before using tretinoin with other products (unless a derma prescribes them). Baka kasi magkaroon ng irritation or redness. I use tret with glycolic acid cream pag gabi, pero parehong formulation ng derma ko. :)

accalia

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2014, 10:09:08 pm »
Thanks for the tips, guys! Glycolic acid at benzoyl peroxide ang treatment sa akin ng derma ko for so many years. Minsan, itanong ko sa kanya kung pwedeng mag-venture sumubok ng tretinoin para maiba lang. Anong gamit ninyong moisturizer after tretinoin?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2014, 12:36:19 am »
^ ako sis, Physiogel Cream or Cerave PM (with Niacinamide) Before my favorite to use with tretinoin was Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Then I switched to derma recommended drugstore brands since it does the same thing. Ask your derma sis. alam ko bagay ang glycolic acid and tretinoin in a regimen. I used to alternate tretinoin anf glycolic acid. With Obagi Nuderm naman, tretinoin is at night, and glycolic acid in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:45:46 am by Chili1113 »

patrizziamarie

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2014, 09:52:47 am »
Where do we buy Tretinoin?

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2014, 09:56:32 am »
^ Meron sa mga pharmacies..

PrinsesaMJD

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2014, 10:07:06 am »
Ok lang ba pagsabayin ang glycolic cream/soap at retin A?
Ano po ang pinakaeffective at affordable na glycolic creams?

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »
Guys what to expect ba when on tret? I don't know if nagwwork siya sa akin pero pag gising ang glowing ko pero parang nakukulangan ako.. i'm using 0.025% balak ko i-up ng 0.05% ok lang kaya? Thanks

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2014, 02:29:02 am »
^ what do you mean by nakukulangan? :)

What to expect when on tret... Backread on all 5 threads before this. Many of our Gtalk sisses shared their experiences.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2015, 08:21:55 pm »
Hello sisses, This is my 1st day of using tretinoin. I bought Retin-A 0.025% at Watsons. I was about to buy Stieva-A kasi hiyang ako sa GSK products kaya lang 0.5% available nila.
I'll document my tret journey in my notebook. I also took pictures before I washed my face this afternoon.
Skin concern: mild acne on the t-zone (nose,triangle area in the nose which includes the inner cheeks), chin, enlarged & clogged pores, redness due to clogged pores and zit marks
My skin near the temples and forehead are smooth and there are no visible pores - normal skin

Target: De-clog pores to decrease redness and control pimples

My regimen last night:

make-up remover
wash with kojic soap
clindamycin toner (eskinol with dalacin-C)
tretinoin after 15mins
physiogel cream moisturizer after 20mins

Morning:

wash with lactacyd blue
celeteque moisturizer mist

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2015, 12:13:18 am »
^ Good luck @happynlove! I hope your skin responds and tolerates tret well.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2015, 01:00:56 am »
Thank you sis rae! So far wala naman ako naexperience na stinging while applying, or oiliness after washing. same feeling na parang stretched ang skin after washing which is what I normally feel when I use lactacyd. :)

patriciaheart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2015, 11:25:21 pm »
its my 7th PM application of Derm A 0.05%. Daily ko sya ginagamit. 3rd day palang feeling ko lumabas mga small pimples pero hinde nama ako acne prone so 4th day wala na. Ngayon tightness and itchyness lang ang reklamo ko so I often wash it with water at nakaka soothe naman tapos moisturizer ulit. my skin is a bit red and not glowing pa..its really dull but it feels smooth. I use moisture plus yung kasamang moisturizer and I can say ok sya. Use a plain moisturizer wag scented, whitening etc.. ALWAYS wear a wide brimmed hat, hinde lang sya pang beach..its not only fashionable but also good for the skin esp when using tretinoin. I mainly want to use it for anti aging. but right now it feels like I have a sunburn.. :(

hunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »
sis, maybe you can switch down to 0.025% muna or alternate applications. try to use sunblock din muna (VMV makes a good one, SPF 50, post-procedure use talaga pero physical sunblock siya so it won't irritate your skin further).

i usually have patients use 0.05% on the back only kasi it's too strong, my maximum % for the face is 0.025% and i have them use sunblock :)

kittymitch

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2015, 10:33:03 pm »



Joining,,,

Is it ok to use Tret under eye? would it eliminate the dark circle,sagging?  TIA

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2015, 02:10:40 am »
^ It won't do anything for dark circles and sagging. Only fine lines and not so deep wrinkles. Also, most people can't tolerate it under the eyes. For many, it can cause severe dryness resulting in crepey looking undereye skin.

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:58 am »
sisses ask ko lang po been using tret for a while now, wala ako nafefeel na stinging or redness.. glowing siya paggising ko and i noticed na nawala na din [textspeak!] cystic pimples ko, if may lumalabas na pimples maliliit lang.. tapos madali lang din mawala. I noticed na luminis na din yung pores ko kaya nagmukhang Naminimize kaHit papano. Stieva .025 ang gamit ko, combo ko siya with gnc vit c moisturizer. Ok lang ba siya with vit c?

Mas ok pala na wash-toner- moisturizer- tret based sa advice ng mga sis, sa ngayon kasi gawa ko wash-tone- tret- moisturize, e minsan nakakatulog na ako na hindi  nakakalagay ng moisturizer after tret kasi wait pa ako 15mins.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close