watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160845 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2014, 01:28:59 pm »
I read somewhere that ideally women should move up in tretinoin precentage as they age. Every 7 years is a good time to move up in percentage.

I havent been "good" when it comes to using my tretinoin since I hate getting flakes and peeling. But I know I am not maximizing the anti-aging benefits =( I am now trying to slowly work my way up from 2x/week to 3-4x/week. I plan to do this till my yearly summer break from tret.

gppb24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2014, 03:30:23 pm »
Another question, can I use sulfur soap  (daytime & nightime) along with tretinoin? I hope someone answer this. TIA! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
I think thats ok sis, as long as the sulfur soap isnt too irritating when you start micro peeling on tretinoin. Just be sure not to use tretinoin during the day

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »
^ Ok na muna ako not to move up, I think. Feeling ko the 0.025% tretinoin still has more vitamin a derivative compared to most retinol creams. Siguro when I'm 40, move ako to 0.05% :D

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:49 pm »
I need to go back to my tret routine.. Numinipis na yung skin ko and the only way to treat it is by using tretinoin.

michipoo

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2014, 12:14:32 am »
I want to try tret, im using maxipeel exfoliant cream (contains glycolic acid) and from what i read here, maganda i alternate nag tret and glycolic so i want to give it a try baka mas maganda effect nila. How much retin a sa mercury?

PrinsesaMJD

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2014, 10:01:26 am »
Mga sis, I'm using retinA for more than one month palang, napansin ko parang mas maitim na yung face ko kaysa sa neck at body ko. I'm using whitening soap kasi sa body ko, napag iwanan tuloy yung face ko. Ask lang, pwede ba gumamit ng mga whitening products for the face while on tret?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:00 pm »
^^
^
I agree with sis Chili. Also, if you're not protecting your skin from the sun enough, you'll end up with a darker face.

My face is slightly lighter than my face and neck. I use SPF 50++++ daily.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2014, 09:49:29 pm »
getting inspired by this thread to try to use my tretinoin daily again lol!! =) Hoping to have flawless skin by Christmas

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:49 pm »
sis rae can i ask ano sunblock gamit mo? Para hindi magdarken yung face while on tret?
? Thanks

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2014, 10:09:04 pm »
Yung nabili ko na retin A walang nakalagay na percentage ang nakalagay 500 mcg ok kaya na gamitin ito?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »
^^ all my sunblocks are at least SPF50+++ (I alternate among the ff: Kanebo Allie UV Longkeep Gel, Daylong Light Gel, Biore sunblocks that have at least SPF). But those products have alcohol, my skin doesn't really get dry, so if your skin is irritated or if you're just starting out with tretinoin, it might be too irritating. I've been using tretinoin for more than 3 years, if I remember right, so my skin is more tolerant of tretinoin now.

We have a separate thread on "best sunblocks for the face". I read from there that european sunblocks are great (e.g., la roche posay)

Yung nabili ko na retin A walang nakalagay na percentage ang nakalagay 500 mcg ok kaya na gamitin ito?
Hi sis that's 0.05%

It means there's 0.0005 gram (500mcg) of tretinoin per 1 gram = 0.05%

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »
^
Ganun pala sis. Thanks  :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »
^ Oh no. I really believe that with tretinoin, you have to build tolerance first, after nun kahit everyday na. Di talaga pwede every day on your first week even if you use it on and off :(

Unlike other chemical peels/ acids where you'll feel the effects as you apply, it's not the case with tretinoin. You'll only know your tolerance after several days.

When I quit, say magb-beach, I use it twice a week when I go back.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:39 am »
^ oh no. Sorry to hear that. Maybe that's why I don't peel din. I put moisturizer first, something with niacinamide. I read a study in PubMed that niacinamide helps minimize susceptibility to irritation /side effects of tretinoin.

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2014, 03:50:06 am »
Magpeel ba dapat o hinde?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2014, 04:07:08 am »
^ peeling is either a sign of irritation or a sign that your skin can't tolerate the sudden increase in skin cell turnover (yet).

Most people who use tretinoin for the first time or those who increase frequency/ concentration usually experience skin (micro) peeling or flaking. But you can minimize that by starting slow and by applying it only after the skin is completely dry (as in not even damp and supple from washing, the skin must be completely dry).

Depending on how well your skin can tolerate it and how you are using it, you may or may not peel.

Note: the amount of peeling/flaking you experience is not directly proportional to the benefits you're getting. :) so, as much as possible, the goal is to minimize initial irritation.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2014, 10:38:34 am »
^ oh no. Sorry to hear that. Maybe that's why I don't peel din. I put moisturizer first, something with niacinamide. I read a study in PubMed that niacinamide helps minimize susceptibility to irritation /side effects of tretinoin.

^sis, correct about applying it on a totallly dry face. I wait at least 20 min before applying pea sized tret, and usually right before sleeping when I turn the lights down- since apparently tret degrades even with artificial light.

Thanks for the tip sis!! Ill try buffering it with my CeraVe PM with niacinamide instead of Physiogel. I also read somewhere that niacinamide soothes the irritation, but I didnt know I could layer it together with the tret. Thanks so much!!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:41:24 am by Chili1113 »

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2014, 05:57:03 pm »
^ Usually, I wash my face tapos I apply a moisturizer with niacinamide. After that I read a chapter of a book or fix the stuff I'm gonna wear the next day. Kapag kasi wash face + wait 20 minutes lang, parang ang dry ng face ko, or parang banat sya even if I use cream cleansers or non-foaming cleansers. I need to put moisturizer right after washing talaga.

After that, pareho tayo, I apply tretinoin right before turning the lights out. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
^thank you rae!! I will definitely try doing this. Thanks for all your input.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close