Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196683 times)

vhanya

  • Guest
Monique Lhuillier also has a cheaper line. Bliss yata yung name

sevenstars

  • Guest
Hi edna_mode, I'm not saying that White or Bliss aren't well made -- more that brides who have tried on couture VW or ML dresses shouldn't buy the diffusion lines with the expectation that they will be made of the same fabrics or constructed the same way. Whether the differences are large or small is absolutely dependent on the specific dress/details, of course; for example I thought chiffon was generally nice at most price points, but pure silk organza is much less stiff than its silk-blend counterpart.

I think it's an important point to make because it's so hard to tell whether or not you'll like the fabric of a dress unless you see it in person, and it can be risky ordering online from this far away since the return process becomes a lot trickier.

Chili1113

  • Guest
^I get what you mean sis re the cheaper lines of vW and ML. Same thing with Rosa Clara. Their cheaper AIRE line, among other lines are the ones available in Manila. Because the standard Rosa Clara collection is too expensive to be sold in Manila for RTW. Rosa Clara gowns are about 500k up, while the other cheaper lines available here are 100k up only.

However, the styles are very similar except that for the material used. Perhaps, they use hand made lace on the high end gowns, and use machine made lace for the other collections available here.

I wish though that I can try one of the cheaper lines of Monique and Vera. Because I am sure it will still look very different from the usual gowns sold here. Lately, Ive been regretting not going for a very minimalist gown because no matter which designer I look at... everyone is going for that lace, or fully beaded type of gowns.

Does anyone know if they sell any of those gowns in Japan? I am going to Osaka in July and would anyone have an idea about gown shopping in Japan?? I am targeting the lower priced collections of designers... 100k below only.

rave21lala

  • Guest

sevenstars

  • Guest
Hi Chili, The Treat Dressing carries Monique Lhuillier Bliss (as well as the premium ML and VW collections) -- they definitely have an outlet in Kyoto, not sure lang about Osaka. VW White is trickier since it's a David's Bridal exclusive and they only have stores in the US/UK/Canada, but you could always try on the VW gowns at Treat and then purchase a similar White dress online?

They also carry a lot of other beautiful lines -- I think if you're looking for a minimalist dress, some of the Amanda Wakeley or Romona Keveza gowns might appeal to you. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thank you so so so much sis sevenstars for the loads of helpful tips!!!

Just cehcked their website and I am dying that they carry also Reem Acra and Marchesa!!! Sayang because I already paid dp to my designer. But ill visit them anyway and check. If i find a good deal i just might get a 2nd dress for reception, as long as it is inexpensive.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:59:28 am by Chili1113 »

reese17

  • Guest
Hi Reese! Hope you don't mind me asking but what are the rates of Coca Coture? :)

Hi! Her entourage gowns start at 7k :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
To be fair to Mara Chua, natawa ako sa post niya about lace gowns and I don't think it's untrue (when I was comparing RTW dresses, the price/quality difference was most obvious when I looked at lace dresses). I can see how her perceived attitude could turn off potential customers, though. Depende lang siguro kung magkasundo kayo.

sis, trulaloo naman yung lace price. factual naman, kaso nasa manner ng pagkakasabi haha. gusto ko sa kasal ko kung may magsusungit man, ako lang. char lang. joke :) I just don't need additional nega vibes kaya inunfollow ko na sya haha! siguro mas okay if may separate fb account sya for business purposes then yung personal nya she can rant all the way. pero iba yung for social media branding nya sana, dibadibs. :) anyway, no need to dwell on it, dami naman iba :)

kuhjo

  • Guest
Hi mga sis, pa join po! Im getting married on Nov2015 and until now wala pako mahanapan ng gagawa ng gown ko. So far nagssearch ako sa internet ng mga pegs and i really like veluz, jazel sy and mel orlina's creation. Yun nga lang, way out of budget!

I have talked to Rikko Escaro, a medyo thunders na na designer and made me a sketch without asking pa of my pegs. He quoted me 35k kasi designer sya ng cousin ko. Medyo di pa lang kasi ko makadecide kasi wala ako nakikitang creations nya kasi wala sya portfolio. Di ko sure kung kaya nya maexecute mga complicated detailing ng mala veluz hehe :-) kasi laking mura kasi sakanya plus we can meet halfway or more convenient for the fitting.

Sa tingin nyo ba sis, should i go with Rikko Escarro? Has anyone of you heard or seen any of his creations?

TIA po! Sorry kung medyo mahaba :-)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Hi, pa-join mga sis.. June 2016 bride here  :)

Like mara chua's gowns and sya talaga ang first choice ko. kaya lang mejo nagworry naman ako sa ibang comments.  Though more on FB status lang naman nya ang nakita kong issue ng ibang sissies kaya still considering her pa naman. How about sa quality ng gowns nya, any comments? thanks

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^Her work is okay naman if you are not too particular on the intricacy and elegance of the beadwork. Medyo lower quality beads gamit nya compared to more expensive designers and syempre a lot more tipid din pagkalagay hindi puno, dispersed lang. I saw her works up close na kasi. Kung from afar yung picture ok padin naman itsura. Unless nga you really are particular na kahit yung up close shits super ganda ng beadwork/ embroidery mo.

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Thanks sis! The style that I want kasi is more on layering, no beadworks. Playing with fabrics lang at sya yong nakita kong may mga ganung gowns.  :)
May marecommend ba kayong gown designer na ganun ang forte and mid-range lang sana. Mostly kasi ng nasesearch ko, beadworks ang main focus.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^My bet would be on Paul Cabral or John Herrera. I have noted them before nung ganun pang type of gown yung gusto ko. Winner! :)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
^My bet would be on Paul Cabral or John Herrera. I have noted them before nung ganun pang type of gown yung gusto ko. Winner! :)

Thanks sis pero parang di kaya ng budget ko. I'm only willing to spend 40k max na siguro for my gown.

bzbee

  • Guest
^ sis same tayo with the type of gown and budget! nakakatuwa lang :) so far, i haven't seen a designer within that range who specializes in that kind of gown. kaya i'm thinking either taasan [textspeak!] budget or ibahin na lang yung design that i have in mind. i still can't decide kaya till now im trying to delay this part of the wedding preps.

reese17

  • Guest
^ Try checking Bride House. My friend said their gowns range from 30k up. :) If you are having an evening reception, I would suggest na you get kahit minimal beading lang para mag-sparkle ka ng konti sa gabi. :)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Sis bzbee nakakatuwa naman, please update me kung makahanap ka ng designer ha. When is your big day pala? Ako still long way to go pa, kaya di pa naman ako worried. heheh I'm also considering RTWs kung magustuhan ko talaga design, less hassle pa since overseas ako.

Take note ko yan sis reese17, maybe will ask my future designer how to incorporate those na di ganun ka-detailed.

hannahimbag

  • Guest
Hi Sis infinity24ever hindi pa ako pwede magreply sa PM, can you PM your Number then I will give you Rich Fontanilla's number?

bimbolera

  • Guest
Hi sis, i've tried some vera wang and monique lhuillier's gown at a bridal boutiques here.. I agree, some vera wang's gowns are really affordable. Actually, cheaper pa siya compared sa ibang designer gowns sa pinas.. :)

sis mga how much ang gown there? tia!

infinity24ever

  • Guest
Hi Sis infinity24ever hindi pa ako pwede magreply sa PM, can you PM your Number then I will give you Rich Fontanilla's number?

Hi Sis Hannahimbag, nagreply na cia sa facebook message ko the other day  :) Unfortunately, after sending my pegs and all, wala pa din reply since today. I'll wait for few days pa. Actually, i messaged Mel Orlina, Coca Couture and Rich lang. If no response, then will opt of having a gown nalang dito sa Singapore. I will see how it goes. Medyo stressful din ang gown ah. Haha Thanks much.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close