watch now

Author Topic: Saving Tips Pinoy Style  (Read 51248 times)

juni

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 10:03:33 pm »
@ikaela: If you're going to buy a new ref, maybe you could get one of those new ones na inverter technology yung gamit, they're more expensive than the usual models but I hear na mas energy efficient daw yung mga yun.  May refs din na 3 or 4 yung doors, so mas pwede mo iseparate by compartments yung stuff.  That way, when you need something and open one of the doors, 1 smaller part lang ng ref yung mawawalan ng lamig instead of 1 whole big section.  I saw a few models na merong 3 or 4 partitions--1 freezer, 1 regular refrigerator, and 1 or 2 na adjustable to be either a freezer or refrigerator compartment depending on your needs.

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:25 am »
I agree with the time consumed for paying bills at lesser sa pamasahe. I do not agree with the ref, believe me, masisira agad ref nyo nyan. I actually did that months ago and told it in previous thread, and in end, nasira ref namin. Geez. Just buy na lang the ref based on what you need, the size, and if totoo ba talaga na energy saving. Don't be fooled with all the sales talk thingy. It's better to reasearch it first over the internet, besides it's free.

Don't forget din about the warranty. However, may bad experience si BF ko before sa warranty na yan. Nasira agad ang ref for some reason at kakabili lang 4 months ago. They use the warranty at kinuha ng company yung ref to repair it. After months of waiting (super tagal), they receive the ref in good condition, however, ang DAMING gasgas sa front door which is wala iyon dati. Nagreklamo sila, pero wala din nangyari...

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »
^^Thanks for the tip. The thing is, hindi pa naman sira ref namin. Alam niyo naman ang ref, umaabot ng 20 years bago mag-breakdown. Baka lalo ako mapagastos and hindi na "saving tips" yan if I dump my still-working ref. Tipid na lang ako ng kuryente sa ibang paraan.

danda

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 02:49:33 pm »
ang daming tips!! Gusto kong gawin ang magbaon then lagay lang sa ref. :)

lyndane

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:06 am »
^You must be talking about pre-need companies like the infamous CAP. Those that sell education plans, memorial plans, pension plans, and etc. These are very different from life insurance companies; they are not one and the same. Those pre-need companies collapsed because they promised too-high returns, didn't foresee the sudden rise in tuition (among other things), and were severely affected by the 1997 Asian financial crisis. In contrast, no life insurance company in the history of the Philippines has ever folded up.

It is unwise to go without life insurance when you have dependents, debts, and other financial responsibilities. Ultimately, getting life insurance is your personal choice, but please do not base your decision on your misconception of your dad's experience.

Like ko to sis :) I was hesitant for insurance also because of CAP but I realized we all take risk in life. Yun MRT nga natanggal sa railing nya pero sasakay pa din tayo MRT. :) so life is a series of risk we just have to choose kung ano :) Kaya ngayon meron na ako VUL :)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2014, 01:48:31 am »
Ha
I was hesitant for insurance also because of CAP but I realized we all take risk in life.

Haha that statement is so ironic when insurance is all about transferring
risk from the policy holder to the insurer.  ;D

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2014, 08:35:22 am »
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to reply at first. But lyndane, that's an inspiring way to interpret my post. If getting insurance feels likea risk to you and you took it, then that's a great first step. It's the start of taking bigger, calculated risks and potentially getting greater rewards.

Para hindi naman OT: to save on insurance premiums, 'wag naman lahat e iasa sa insurance companies. Like what lyndane said, there must be some risks you're willing to bear. You can save and even grow your money so much more than by giving it to insurance by having your own funds, a back-up plan, and a support system in place.


klengmorales

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:06 am »
Thank you sis sa mga tips. I like the M-F lalagyan sa fridge :)

We're living in a condo with my partner and yung bed/dining namin eh binili ko dun sa owner ng kabilang tower na ayaw nung furnitures na provided.

i make sure na nag tatabi ako ng 2K every payday,
I cook our own food
I usually keep those bills na may mga tatak or yung commemmorative bills. This way, kahit gustong gusto ko ng bilhin ang isang bagay at yun lang ang pera ko.. naiiwasan kong bilhin :)


My major dilemma right now is ang pag cacab ko. d din maiwasan because my schedule is 4am - 1pm. my office is in RCBC makati and note that I live near sm north :( medyo natatakot kasi ako dun sa overpass that's why nagpapatawag ako ng cab. 250/day to mga sis :( one way palang.

I was thinking to cut yun pag cab ko then bus after.



chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2014, 11:48:23 am »
^ sis, nakakatakot mag-bus sa sched mo. I had the same dilemma before when I was working at Ortigas and lived near Monumento. Wala ko choice, I had to take a cab going to work (at 3am) tapos bus na lang pauwi. I know taxis also pose the same danger pero mas safe if you choose yun may familiar logos and safer pa ngayon kasi may taxi booking apps. Wag tayo manghinayang gumastos for our safety. :)

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2014, 10:49:27 pm »
^I agree mas malaki mawawala pag naholdup ka or worse saktan ka pa, so dun kana sa tingin mu eh mas safe.Hindi yan matutumbasan ng kahit gaanu kalaking halaga.

beach_n_sunsets

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2014, 09:46:19 am »
^Hi sis @klengmorales, wala ka bang officemate na same shift and malapit lang sa inyo nakatira? Baka pwede kayo mag-carpool or hire a cab para may kasabay ka and kahati sa gastos. :)

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2014, 11:02:45 am »
significant ba ang elec charges for rice cooker?

loveleah

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 06:57:36 am »
my saving tips..

buy fresh veggies from local tiangge, not from the grocery store
eat first at home before going to the mall or somewhere to chillax, at least snacks nalang kainin namin
cut my gym subscription and do walk-in zumba classes (P20 per session)
mix my own vinaigrette dressing, create my own pita , make pizza at home for those cravings...





nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 08:32:18 am »
My saving tips this year = go DIY. But be sure that your DIY saves you a lot and not a fail. Or else, you're spending more.

craziestqueenever

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »
I love reading your post guys! Ako naman super matipid kami. We were raised in a minimalist living set up.TV at computer,electric fan lang ang  appliance nami. Inggit ako kasi wala kaming ref pero okay na iyon nakakatipid naman sa kuryente. 

Okay na sa amin na walang cable. may other ways naman to  find entertainment at home. ;)

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »
feeling ko pinakatipid ko talaga is load :) prepaid lang para always unli. ayaw na ayaw ko yung postpaid. i subscribe lang to 1 month unli texts and call

PetiksPinayInvestor

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2014, 09:19:11 am »

Ganito po ako magtipid: kada sweldo, I withdraw 60% of my income and divide it into 6:

1) Tithe
2) Financial Freedom Account (pang invest sa stock market)
3) Emergency Fund
4) Education Fund
5) Long Term Savings for Spending
6) Play

yung 40% na natira pang daily expenses na po

inuuna ko yung 60% na hatian before the 40%

I got the idea when I attended T Harv Eker's Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar in SG last 2009.
The strategy is called Money Jars method.

After 1 yr, may starting capital na po ako pang invest sa stock market worth 24k (although you can start with 5k only)

today 6 digits na po ang aking stock market portfolio

the Money Jars strategy helps me budget my money and may pondong nailalaan sa mga financial goals  :)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 11:23:54 am »
Starting April this year, hindi na kami masyado nagdadate sa labas ni bf. Sa bahay na lang kami palagi, magluluto na lang ako tapos manonood na lang kami ng movies or tv series. Usually kasi pag lumalabas, manonood sine, kakain, kakape, total of 1500 ngaun yun nagagastos ko sa pamamalengke less than 500 lang, savings na rin kami ng 1000.

bluish_mommy

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »
^ Speaking of pagligo, we can save by using tabo instead of the shower. Good for the environment pa!

really? I experimented on these maraming beses na... naligo ako ng nakatungtong sa batya using shower, para ma-gauge ko ilang tabo/timba ang actual na gagamit ko using shower. I compared it to using tabo system. I can say mas matipid gumamit ng shower kesa per tabo.

ang procedure ko pa pagligo, para tipid sa tubig. pagkabasa ng hair ko, shampoo (with conditioner binibili ko para isang banlawan lang), then habang may shampoo ang ulo ko, nagsasabon/scrub ako sa katawan.

then isang banlawan lang from head to toe.

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Saving Tips Pinoy Style
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »
I think DESIRE is the root of all unnecessary gastos! Kaya iwas sa mga temptations ~~ talking to myself haha
Kailangan talaga mga gantong topic na lang puntahan ko dito LOL

Thanks sa mga inputs nyo! Keep 'em coming please

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close