Author Topic: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)  (Read 176927 times)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:10 am »
I sent a PM sis.   ;D ;D

Got it sis! I knew it was her!  :D

lfs1925

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »
pa-PM din sis.. gossip mode lang.. hehe

charmed30

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2015, 06:14:42 pm »
Sis caleeice, pa-pm please. Kinabahan ako baka emcee ko .

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:07 pm »
Hi ladies, for the record lang, our current host did not do anything wrong. I just had a change of heart. I just don't feel that she's the perfect fit for us as a couple and for my guests. Pero really, she did nothing wrong :) That's why I feel bad for thinking of cancelling.

Chloe Mae

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »
Sis Caleeice, can I ask what made you re-evaluate? :) What kind of crowd/ party/ program are you looking at and why, in your observation, it doesn't exactly fit with your booked emcee's personality? Just curious! :)

raia_1303

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »
Hi ladies, for the record lang, our current host did not do anything wrong. I just had a change of heart. I just don't feel that she's the perfect fit for us as a couple and for my guests. Pero really, she did nothing wrong :) That's why I feel bad for thinking of cancelling.

May I also know who your host is? :)

is it okay to ask a host if we can watch them during a hosting gig? hindi ba siya offensive or parang wedding crasher ang dating? :p 

For me yes sis. I actually did it to our host and event's coordinator. They "invited" me to observe the event, so I will be able to see how they work. Actually, the coordinator thought I was just observing the host, but little did she know, I was also observing her and her team! Though I already booked both, I was able to take note of the things that I don't want for the wedding. Just have the celebrants know that someone will join the event, and know your place as the observant. Don't expect the host or the coordinator to take care of you during the event, dress well as you are still attending an event, I think it is just proper for observers to just be on the side since you are merely observing and not a guest.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:54 am »
When I watched her videos, I was turned off by her outfit. Short tight tube dress. I know it's easy to ask her to dress up properly for our wedding, but for me it speaks a lot about her as a host. Our guests are mostly professionals so I prefer someone who is more refined.

After that, I tried to recall the program that she hosted. To be fair, okay naman sya, walang palya, but I can hardly remember it. I've attended weddings where we really enjoyed the night so much so that we talk about it to this day. I want a wedding party which will be memorable not only to us, but also to all our guests. I want people to have fun in our wedding :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »
Atom ba ito??? If yes, OMG ANG SWERTE!!! hehe. Happy for you Sis! :D Reveal mo naman samin kung sino if super sure na and syempre kung okay lang. :)

  Hehe no sis not Atom. BTW how much is the rate ba of Atom?
Anyway I hope ok our wedding with the schedule of H2B friend na TV news show host. If not, we have a 2nd one in mind. DJ friend who has hosted many of our friends' weddings. =)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:18:28 pm by Chili1113 »

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2015, 08:18:50 pm »
We booked Darlene Tan Salazar and she was superb!

I only learned about her from GT. She was just my second choice but I was so glad that I got her instead of the other emcee.

All the guests commented about her. I've attended a lot of weddings before and never akong nakakita ng emcee na  hindi inalisan ng ilang guests. Darlene was the first. Our wedding was a MOnday but everyone stayed until the end of the program which surprised even our coordinator. We were expecting some to leave early kasi may pasok next day.

And she was the type of emcee na umiikot per table, hind yung stuck lang in front. She got all eyes and ears glued at her :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »
^I knew from the start that I made the right choice. :)
I actually upgraded my package with Darlene coz I wanna meet her personally.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »
thanks sa reply mga sis! actually, mas nahihiya ako dun sa couple that we'll be "gate crashing" to observe the emcee. i really want to book DTS na pero h2b insists to meet all our suppliers first before booking them. telling him na she's getting so much good reviews here in GT is not enough! im a little annoyed na nga, but on the other hand, at least it shows that he cares about these stuff as well hehe. im just scared na ma-book na siya before we get to meet her. :(

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »
^you can schedule a skype meeting with her if you want to.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »
^i love Darlene😃 kung wala lang akong host, sya talaga kukunin ko. Sayang naman ang talent ni brother kaya susulitin ko na bilang proudly kuripot ako haha.

Ok, back to Darlene. Lagi ako nag PPM sa kanya dun sa Wedding Tip Sheet fb page for questions and sobrang bilis nya magreply. Di nya ko client pero nararamdaman kong nagkecare talaga sya when answering all my queries. Mukang OK din sya maghost based na din sa dami ng nagrerecommend sa kanya sa GT at w@w.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2015, 07:16:05 pm »
^true sis. I love her tip sheet fb page too. Very informative at based on her experience as coordinator before at full time event host ngayon. :)

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #354 on: January 28, 2015, 12:19:42 pm »
It went smoothly and you'll know she's top of everything. Sa amin hindi namin siya personally na-meet, as in phone call lang 2 days before the event, pero marami ng exchange of emails prior to that phone call. Ang galing niya coz talagang tutok sa kanya yung mga guests.

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #355 on: January 30, 2015, 08:37:31 pm »
Sis!! Do you have other videos of Darlene? Ang daming good reviews about her pero 1 video lang nakita kong nkaupload.

What about Atom Ungson? Ive seen his video, he's good but he didnt respond nung naginquire ako.. Suplado! Oh well.. He's not the only one. Darlene replied agad, but she doesnt want to share other vids :(

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #356 on: January 30, 2015, 08:57:06 pm »
^sis, dts would prefer the client to have a chat with her online (skype, facetime),  hosting videos are custom made kasi for the couple depending on what kind of program they would like to have. If hindi kayo pareho ng trip ng couple na hinost nya then you will end up not liking her style. But if you will talk to her, you can assess right away.

Wabbypretty

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:48 am »
One satisfied dts bride here!
I know that 1 vid that she has online, pero kahit yung 1 vid lang na yun ang napanod namin made us decide that she the host for us. Very helpful sa wedding preps and you can really learn a lot from her :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2015, 11:27:05 am »
That's the same video I watched too.. I am confident that she will do a great job. :) Sya na rin ang bahala sa L&S ko. :)

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: On Emcees or Wedding Hosts (part 3)
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:07 pm »
I've seen Atom's stint and I wasn't impressed. Hindi siya maka-connect sa buong crowd, considering na hindi pa kami yung pinakamalayong table huh.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close