Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116604 times)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2016, 08:08:50 am »
wow actual yan?? the rocks looks so big!

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #361 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:29 am »
Chili1113 - Whoa! Look at those rocks ;D super drool worthy!!! And I love the three stone setting (hehe I'm biased) <3

Here's my actual set naman (pardon my super dry hands) :P
http://i65.tinypic.com/161i6ag.jpg

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:48:49 am by luckypal »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #362 on: January 22, 2016, 09:55:38 am »
So pretty!!!@_@ gusto ko na tuloy magtingin ng rings  :P

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #363 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:57 am »
There's this other forum called pricescope that I go to and they post all sorts of jewelry there... kakalula yung ibang bato sa sobrang laki!!! That's where my hubby researched about my ring and the forum members there, being diamond aficionados, helped him find the right stone for me  ;D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #364 on: January 22, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
luckypal!! so nice!!! beautiful :) :) To be honest I sometimes wish I had a halo around my center stone instead. But When I stack it with my wedding ring, I am really happy because 3 stone rings look really good when stacked together!!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #365 on: January 22, 2016, 01:16:32 pm »
Chili and luckypal, WOW. your rings are gorgeous. <3

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #366 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
Chili1113 - I know what you mean about halos! When I see my friends' halos I get ring envy and I sometimes wish I had a halo too... But I really do love my setting though :)  I just admire other people's rings nalang!

reese17 and Chili1113- aw thanks! I'll be sure to tell my husband that :) it thrills him when people compliment my ring because he chose it - lol!

Mademoiselle Ara

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2016, 04:05:30 am »
Hi everyone! Been reading the thread and thankful for everyone sharing stories.
I don't know a thing about specs for ering so I might as well ask here. Found this one, fell in love with it kasi I always wanted an aquamarine gemstone as an ering since its my birthstone (luckily me and my partner share the same birthmonth so its twice the sentimental value haha). Pinakita ko din sa kanya after just to let him know what design I want, importante yung sa aquamarine stone talaga kasi, he had the same reaction as mine, fell in love with it too and inquired about it thru email.

Saw the online store was mentioned in Wedding rings thread. From the sent specs, reasonable ba yung price or since this is online, ok kaya 'to? Thanks everyone!

Here's the photo: https://www.facebook.com/weddingringsphilippines/photos/pb.322010634594718.-2207520000.1453837737./509297989199314/?type=3&theater


14k white gold approx 4grams
1ct aquamarine or other gemstone
10pcs .007ct side diamonds
P16,500 only
Free engraving and ring box

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #368 on: January 29, 2016, 06:40:49 am »
ujinbooo:  Hi there, just wanted to give you some advice regarding buying a Tiffany and Co. engagement ring for your gf.  My fiance proposed to me with a 1.5ct solitaire from Tiffany and though it was the sweetest and most thoughtful thing, I really wish he opted to get something cheaper but with more value.  Sayang din yun, when I found out about the cost (I immediately went on the website to check the price. Lol), I wanted to scream because that could've paid for our entire wedding!

Anyway, the quality of Tiffany stones are really close to flawless in terms of cut, clarity and color, there's no doubt about that.  It holds its value over time and it will only get more expensive the longer you own it, because of the brand.  BUT... who cares about the value over time when your wife to be will be wearing it forever naman?  It's not like she intends to sell or monetize it diba?

I'm not a huge jewelry fanatic and didn't really care about what kind of ring I get from my fiance but if your gf cares about the brand so much, maybe you could bring the design to a good jewelry designer and have something made that replicates "The Tiffany Setting".

I swear, it's just the brand.  Save your money for the wedding or something that has bigger carat weight.

Here's the picture of my ering:

http://www.bonandtina.com/photos/374069

rjaye_2000

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #369 on: January 29, 2016, 08:55:27 am »
ujinbooo:  Hi there, just wanted to give you some advice regarding buying a Tiffany and Co. engagement ring for your gf.  My fiance proposed to me with a 1.5ct solitaire from Tiffany and though it was the sweetest and most thoughtful thing, I really wish he opted to get something cheaper but with more value.  Sayang din yun, when I found out about the cost (I immediately went on the website to check the price. Lol), I wanted to scream because that could've paid for our entire wedding!

Anyway, the quality of Tiffany stones are really close to flawless in terms of cut, clarity and color, there's no doubt about that.  It holds its value over time and it will only get more expensive the longer you own it, because of the brand.  BUT... who cares about the value over time when your wife to be will be wearing it forever naman?  It's not like she intends to sell or monetize it diba?

I'm not a huge jewelry fanatic and didn't really care about what kind of ring I get from my fiance but if your gf cares about the brand so much, maybe you could bring the design to a good jewelry designer and have something made that replicates "The Tiffany Setting".

I swear, it's just the brand.  Save your money for the wedding or something that has bigger carat weight.

Here's the picture of my ering:

http://www.bonandtina.com/photos/374069

I agree with you sis. It's not the brand that matters. If I could turn back time I'd rather buy our wedding rings in Bulacan.  :P

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #370 on: January 29, 2016, 07:44:31 pm »
^Tinsflor, starting prices pa lang nga yung nasa Tiffany website diba? :D It actually goes higher depending on the specs.. haha lucky you not everyone can get a Tiffany. Gosh i used to drool at that site also... pero talagang parang binigyan ka ng fiance mo ng car when he gives you a Tiffany because everything they have in the engagement ring department is expensive.

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2016, 05:29:17 am »
^^ totally agree! I love Tiffany but super mahal. I stick to their silver jewelry but mahal pa rin. It's really the brand and their commitment to high quality that add more to the price tag. Since we both like the Tiffany round brilliant with pear side stones, we just found another jeweler who had almost the exact design. The only difference is that my e-ring just had a pave set after the pear side stones.

Also, when I saw the ring pairings on the Tiffany website, that's where I got the idea of the shared prong wedding band :) So I just told my husband what I wanted and he also bought it from another jeweler and it looks almost exactly like the Tiffany wedding band :)

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2016, 08:17:36 am »
sparkling jewel:  Yeah, it says "starting at  $$" depending on the specs.  To this day, I still don't know how much mine costs but I have a good idea about the price range and I was completely floored.  I never bought myself jewelry but I think my fiancĂ© got the impression that I was into that because I like nice things in general, but I'm also very frugal.  The suppliers I booked for our wedding nga weren't really high end, but I felt like I was getting our money's worth.  Grabe, had I known about the ring, I really would've stopped him!!  Like wag na babe, pang-honeymoon nalang!! Haha! But despite all that, I feel extremely lucky and blessed because I know he put a lot of thought into it, and he beams with pride whenever he sees me wearing it.

Luckypal: Exactly!!!  It makes more sense bringing the design to a good jeweler and having them replicate it.  You can go for bigger stones and it will look exactly the same but you only pay a fraction of the cost. On top of that, in case you change your mind, you can always change the look in the future.  You can add a halo, or change the setting.  That's a big plus.  With Tiffany, you can only upgrade and get another ring, but they won't do anything with the current setting.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2016, 12:30:34 pm »
^Haha exactly! A Tiffany can pay for two Europe honeymoons. Or three. Or a car. Grabe no? Haha. Treasure that ring!!! :D
http://www.tiffany-engagement-rings.com/tiffany-engagement-ring-prices.htm

I dont wear a lot of jewelry either but I did want a good engagement ring, just because I was going to have just one-- sentimental value. This was one thing I didnt want my fiance to scrimp on. Thankfully, he didnt, because he felt the same way. My ring though is just an existing stone in the family they had reset into a halo.

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2016, 02:20:54 pm »
^^Tinsflor your husband is so sweet to give you a Tiffany ring - buti nalang he surprised you with it :) Me kasi I was a bit involved in the decision making so I opted for another jeweler nalang... but yeah, of course I still went to Tiffany and tried on the engagement and wedding rings there lol  :D would you mind sharing pics of your ring?

^sparklingjewel I would love to see your ring set as well :)

ujinbooo

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2016, 09:41:04 pm »
Thanks po sa mga inputs nyo. i called tiffany and co. shangri-la the moment they stated the price naging choppy yun line hehe kahit naka land line ako. ill check other options  :)

onemanga

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »
Hi girls, need your help :)
I stumbled on this thread 3months ago and someone mentioned a jewelry store which i forgot.
I only remember part of its name and it start with 'Lux'
i hope someone remembers this store :D

my gf also wanted a tiffany engagement ring but i can't afford it, if only those rings cost 300k then maybe.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »
^You can try backreading para makita mo uli yung jewelry store. For an engagement ring, I'm sure madami ka namang makikita na engagement ring na below 300K. You just have to take note of the 4c's carat, clarity, cut, cost.  Isa pang naririnig kong matunog dito is Orogem.  If your gf wants a tiffany but you can't afford it, youncan always ask for a tiffany setting for the ring. Most jewelers can do that naman.

onemanga

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »
^Missus O, i already tried hehe. for some reason it's nowhere to be found. :P
i'm leaning on that store kasi i'm looking for emerald cut ering and i saw na meron sila nung hinahanap ko.
thank you! will check orogem.

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #379 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:42 am »
^di kaya Luvi Jewelry? www.luvijewelry.com :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close