Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116593 times)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »
^^ Medyo natawa ako na may brand pa talaga ang hint nya.. pero oo nga baka naman tiffany setting lang ang habol nya. Well unless kaya naman pala talaga ng budget mo yun :p

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:52 am »
Nice naman Tiffany but you're actually paying for the brand. You can get so much more at the price of a piece.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2016, 05:57:54 am »
^ thats what my husband said. He wants to buy a Tiffany ering pero nung nakita nya yung price. Hindi daw worth it. idagdag nalang sa kasal. pinagawa nalang nya ko ng ering na tiffany setting.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2016, 07:40:19 am »
I remember going to this Tiffany event where the rings on display cost 4.5, 5.5 and 10M. The stones werent outrageously big, maybe 4-5 carats at most. I think its the brand talaga, their selection process, that you'll be paying for. Pero you can definitely get a nice ring made for less.

mimibaja

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2016, 09:12:44 am »
Got engaged 2 mos ago. Nakakarelate ako sa hindi magkasya yung engagement ring. Medyo hesitant pa akong suotin kasi hindi "Will you marry me?" ang tanong. haha! Ngayon suot ko yung ring ko sa right hand kasi hindi kasya sa left hand. Sisikipan ko na lang siguro yung wedding ring ko. ako na pipili this time. haha!

Never ko rin palang tinanong si h2b kung totoo ba yung stone sa ring. haha! My officemate even suggested na ipacheck daw namin but I refused. sabi ko I trusted naman h2b. Wala kasing box yung sing sing kasi sa taas ng bundok nagpropose si h2b. hehe.

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2016, 09:16:50 am »
Tiffany and co is way too expensive and you're just paying for the brand. Some jewellers offer the same quality at a fraction of the cost. Examples are velayo (shangrila mall) and geraldine tieng (home-based shop). Mas expensive lang si velayo but both are of good quality. My fiance got my e ring from geraldine tieng and we bought our wedding rings from her too.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2016, 09:45:22 am »
Sa amin ni H2B napagusapan namin yung ring after nya magpropose, like kung san niya binili and such  :) he bought the diamond sa hongkong then chose a setting sa nueva goldsmith. sa mga naghahanap you could try nueva goldsmith in ongpin. according to my dad sila yung oldest goldsmith and the only one na licensed dito sa phil sa smelting ng gold.

@mimibaja: panong di kasya, maluwag? kung maluwag alam ko normally pwede nyo paadjust yan sa pinagbilihan ni h2b.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2016, 09:56:36 am »
Re Tiffany & Co., what has been said are all true. A possible compromise would be is to buy an engagement ring elsewhere (maybe just get a Tiffany-like setting if she likes that) and buy your wedding bands in T&Co if she after the brand :)

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:33 am »
Hi girls! I just finished backreading and wanted to join in the fun :) I got married already but I love reliving the proposal, wedding planning and the wedding itself!

Anyway, a helpful tool that you can google is the Holloway Cut Adviser when purchasing a round center stone. It will give you the diamond's appeal based on its potential Light Return, Fire, Scintillation and Spread. It's a handy tool so that you can find out if you're getting a diamond that really sparkles aside from the GIA rating. You need to know the specs of your round center stone though.

My hubby spent A LOT of time researching diamonds before buying my engagement ring. At first I wanted an asscher center stone but when I tried it on my finger, it didn't suit me at all :( He liked the three-stone setting with a round brilliant center with pear shaped diamonds, so that's what I got :P For my wedding band, I wanted a seven stone shared prong :) they don't really match but I think they look good together naman (I hope) lol!

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2016, 10:39:23 am »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:41:07 am by meixin »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2016, 10:45:01 am »
^^Mine is an asscher cut. Although I love it because it is very understated, because it doesnt sparkle a lot due to the fewer facets of the cut. But it looks so small for its carat weight compared to its same carat counterparts in other cuts. Asscher and cushion cuts have the smallest surface/table it their respective carat classes.So like a 2.5 carat assher and cushion only looks as big as a 2 carat round. Round, pear, oval. and marquis look very big and has good finger coverage!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2016, 11:15:13 am »
I think Luvi jewelry, AMI, and Rafael in Shangrila are worth checking out.

ncs

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:32 pm »
We got engaged last August. H2B researched a lot about diamonds bago siya nakabili. Mas may alam pa siya sakin ngayon sa diamond haha! He bought it sa Hearts and Arrows. Lahat ng engagement ring sa Hearts and Arrows ay may cut na Hearts and Arrows. You can search anong meaning nung cut na yun, basta round cut na hearts and arrows. Nagustuhan daw ni H2B yun kasi sobrang makinang daw, actually yun yata talaga ang mapoproduce ng hearts and arrows na cut, yung sobrang makinang siya.

2 box nung e-ring ko, yung isa na usual na maliit na box, ang tawag daw dun ay proposal box. Then isang mas malaki kasi nandun yung Loupe. Yun yung parang maliit na viewer para makita mo yung hearts sa taas nung diamond :) yung arrows nasa ilalim kasi ng diamond so kung naka-set na yung diamond sa band, hindi mo na siya makikita.

Hearts and Arrows gives a store certificate and also an EDT certificate. Nung sinearch ko yung EDT cert, wala ako masyadong makita online. Pero I trust na totoo naman yung details niya :)  Meron din silang binebenta na diamonds na GIA certified. I think yung diamonds na yun hindi pa naka-set so bibilhin mo yung bato muna then ipapaset mo sa kanila.

I super love my ring, hindi siya super laki, 0.51ct pero saktong sakto sa kamay ko kasi maliit lang naman kamay ko. Tapos ang saya niya pag tinitingnan ko kasi makinang talaga :)

Then his Mom bought our wedding rings kasi nasa US Mom niya. sa Kay Jewelers sila bumili. Mine is yung The Leo na brand na may 5 stones. Pricey pero may discount yata nung binili nila tapos sobrang ganda daw kasi makinang daw talaga. Kasi yung The Leo pala has 2 ceritificates, yung isa yung para sa quality nung diamond (I forgot anong certificate mismo) and the other is yung GEMEX certificate, it certifies the beauty and the brilliance of the diamond daw. So excited na akong makita yung wedding rings namin! Plano namin i-compare ano ang mas makinang, yung Hearts and Arrows na cut o yung stone na GEMEX certified.

Wala lang, na-share ko lang. Kasi ever since I got engaged, sobrang nafafascinate na ako sa mga diamonds ang e-rings hehe. Dami ko na nga finafollow na tungkol sa rings sa IG ngayon.

mimibaja

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2016, 12:53:21 pm »
@mimibaja: panong di kasya, maluwag? kung maluwag alam ko normally pwede nyo paadjust yan sa pinagbilihan ni h2b.

yes sis meixin maluwag sya. nasabi ko naman na sa kanya na ipapaadjust namin. then ok naman daw. kaya for the mean time sa right ko muna sinusuot. Pag naliligo kasi ako dumudulas yung ring sa left. :( natatakot ako baka di ko mamalayan na mahulog. haha! :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2016, 02:03:41 pm »
If it's hard to adjust the ring, use ring snuggies. It can be bought in true value.

mimibaja

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2016, 02:29:52 pm »
If it's hard to adjust the ring, use ring snuggies. It can be bought in true value.

Hi sis thanks for the advice. I guess this will surely help! :) i"ll buy na later! hehe again, thank you!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #356 on: January 21, 2016, 03:16:57 pm »
Hello, does anyone know where to get engagement rings ensured in the Philippines? I know this isnt common here. But i use my engagement and wedding rings everyday (sulit hahahah) and i just want to ensure their safety since it's important to me. I'm just looking for coverage in case it's lost. Damaged, i think very small chance naman. TIA!

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #357 on: January 21, 2016, 05:35:41 pm »
@meixin - that's a beautiful pair. There's no such thing as too many stones hehe. My E ring is a solitaire  sandwiched by 2 5stone rings. Similar to your preferred wedding ring but yun nga 5 stones lang. Yung 7 stones kasi na offered nung time na naghahanap kami eh mas maliit yung total carat weight so it made my Ering look small. hehe. It's best to check it first together with your engagement ring so you can see the total effect. Good luck :)

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2016, 02:16:25 am »
@meixin - I love the set that you picked! :) I think both rings are classic and versatile enough to work as a set. I had the same worry too when I picked my wedding ring because they had different band settings but ok naman :)
My engagement ring is this:
http://in1.ccio.co/RE/P6/P8/beeda078f42cdfb932a6871eda56f35c.jpg
And my wedding band is this:
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-442.htm

@Chili1113 - I love the asscher cut! It's so elegant and unique - may I see a photo of your ring? :) I satisfy my longing by looking at other people's asschers nalang hahaha!  I was soooo disappointed when it didn't suit my finger/hand. Same for radiant and emerald cuts, they just didn't go well with my hand :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2016, 07:51:35 am »
luckypal: Oh my! We almost have identical sets except yours are in all round cuts and your side stones are pear shaped. Those must sparkle like crazy when worn together!!! I like how three stone rings look when stacked with the wedding bands=) =) Here is a picture of my set: https://www.instagram.com/p/7Yt-7YD3LU/?taken-by=ringblings

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:39:45 am by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close