Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116807 times)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2015, 05:49:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about that :( This is why my husband only wants to deal with jewelers who have physical stores we can actually go to.

Buti na lang ok si Penny and I think you love it sis? :)

Congratulations din!

120515

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:39 pm »
well dcpdane, good thing that's all behind you and your husband now.

i agree with you, chili1113, sometimes the price is not reflective of artistry and craftsmanship.

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »
Diamond with Love and Marry me quality sila. Medyo mas pricey lang si Marry Me pero ok na din kung sa bridal fair ka bibili kasi iba ang discount. Tapos I found an IG seller din wala nga lang aunthenticity but my gosh ang baba ng presyo, nalula ako sa 2carat ring nya. haha! pero maliliit lang binili ko sa kanya, Diamond with love pa din E-ring and W-ring ko then gift din ni hubby galing sa Marry me kaya natest ko na
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 06:25:24 pm by glacy_rein »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2015, 12:14:00 am »
R&L? May sikat bang jeweller na ganon?

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:53 am »
apparently sis, sa forum nilang guys nasa 29 pages na yung thread nila and halos 99% satisfied guy customers haha! prolly the geek crowd where my hubby belongs to :P kaya nagtiwala sya kasi may pics pa yung ibang guy customers sa thread oks naman daw...

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:50 am »
Yep oks naman yung kay penny's sa ongpin/sta. cruz. never been to the shop tho. kwento lang ni hubby lahat ito hehe! I think Penny's din allows melting of other jewelries. Balak kasi ata kami regaluhan ng mga gold ng lola nya tapos ipapatunaw to become a ring. Sentimental chever hehe. Baka daw dun kami for wedding rings.. I dunno pa :) Si hubby daw bahala e. Lol! (Engaged pa lang po kami last March :) )




[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2015, 07:50:51 am »
I just wanted to share... my then boyfriend (now husband) knew na I didn't want an engagement ring. I wanted a decent wedding, a good house, and a trip to Europe. Sabi ko, the ring we can get whenever naman. Before he proposed, alam nya na to. And I made sure he knew I was dead serious and he'll just risk getting me upset if he insists on getting me a ring tapos those 3 that I really, really want, hindi mangyayari...

so anyway, when we got my engagement ring, it more than made up for it... he got me a 1.02ct cushion cut diamond ring (colour G, VS2), double halo and pave setting on a split shank, platinum band. The total carat weight is just a bit over 2 cts. Our plan was to get it made from the US (buy from BlueNile) but we came across this beautiful, eye catching ring in Australia, and the rest is history :)

I will post a picture sometime.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
^Ganda, gumdrops26! I can imagine it hehe kasi halo din ako, and although hindi cushion, radiant naman. Malapit sa cushion :)

wednesdei

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2015, 11:25:58 am »
My engagement ring story: My fiance's family owns a jewelry shop and his mom nagtabi ng 3 engagement rings years ago kasi nilaan nya para sa mga future na mapapangasawa ng mga anak nya (3 boys). Kami ni boyfie ang unang na engage sa kanilang magkakapatid.

Share ko lang pic ng engagement ring ko. Hindi ko alam yung total carats pero happy naman ako kasi may back story na yung ring ko. :)

https://instagram.com/p/w6qCYNtiqC/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:02:50 pm by wednesdei »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2015, 11:50:35 am »
^Lucky girl! E di he chose the best one of the lot hehe ;)
Don't know how to post pics here also.. but this is mine worn with my dainty band :)

https://instagram.com/p/684C42j3Gb/?taken-by=ringblings

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:52:43 am by sparklingjewel »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2015, 08:49:33 am »
Just wanted to share my engagement ring story. My then-boyfriend-now-fiancé knows that I don't wear/own any rings because of my work. So when we were talking about getting engaged, I looked up my dream engagement ring on Blue Nile. I told him that I would like to have an emerald cut halo ring. I told him that if I was only going to wear one ring for the rest of my life, it might as well be a ring that I want. We didn't even shop for rings together. We only went to one jewellery shop to get my ring finger sized because I have no idea what ring size I was. And apparently, I have small ring finger size at 3.5  :P

So when he finally proposed and opened the ring box, my jaw dropped. He got me exactly what I wanted and more (the total diamond weight is a little more than what I asked). It just looks perfect on my finger and every time I look at it, I get mesmerized and am reminded of the day he proposed (which is probably the best day of my life thus far).

On top of that, when my fiancé's family came to visit us from Manila couple months ago, my future mother-in-law gave me an heirloom diamond ring from her mother (fiancé's grandmother). My future MIL told me that she apparently suggested to my fiancé to give me the heirloom as my engagement ring. But my fiancé had told her na gusto nya sya daw lang bahala sa ring ko. So that made me love and appreciate my fiancé's efforts on getting my ring even more. 

Here's a picture of my ring..  ;D
https://instagram.com/p/2XDPFoFp6N/?taken-by=lourd3ss
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:14:24 am by lourd3ss »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2015, 02:40:45 pm »
^Very elegant, reminds me of Andi M's ring with the thick halo. :) Love the way it looks esp when you're wearing it! BTW you have a very beautiful life also in your ig hehe i dream to travel as much as you do and not just instagram normal everyday life. Yours is like a travelbook.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:31:08 pm by sparklingjewel »

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »
@sis lourd3ss wow!!! Your ring is just wow!!  When my ex-bf and I were talking about engagement rings prior to getting engaged, we were looking at sets -  halo sets, cushion ring sets, and even vintage-y effect sets :). In the end we didn't get what we wanted😉, because my MIL also wanted to give me an engagement ring which she saved up when she still had a jewelry store.  She also wanted to give us wedding rings and this time I was really thankful my fiance said no, not to be bastos it's just that it didn't match lang hehe. And mostly it doesn't have an "us" feel😄😄.  When you start looking for your wedding rings you'll know if pang sa inyo ba or hindi hehe. What my engagement ring lacks in luster, my wedding rings more than made up for it :D hehe. Kaya super happy.  But your engagement ring is really pretty as in  :D :D Inggit lang ang peg hehe 😄😄😄

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »
LOL funny bonzaigirl!

Lourd3ss your ring's so stunning!!! I love how subtly glamorous it is, you've got great taste :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #255 on: August 31, 2015, 06:19:51 pm »
^ Thanks ladies! I am impressed too that my fiancé listened to my requests in a ring. He knows that I am picky kasi haha! We have to get my wedding band designed para bumagay sa ring ko. Mahirap hanapan ng plain band eh..
^ Sparklingjewel my fiancé and I both love to travel. So yes, my IG is a diary of my daily life and travel na din hehe.  ;)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2015, 10:46:05 pm »
^ Sparklingjewel my fiancé and I both love to travel. So yes, my IG is a diary of my daily life and travel na din hehe.  ;)

Kaya nga idol kita eh. Hehe your ig shows your effortlessly beautiful life. And yes, i can relate pag may halo mahirap hanapan ng band kasi you dont wanna overshadow your e-ring. Took me a while too but i chose a dainty studded band. Chili1113 convinced me that everyone chooses that for halo pieces. :) Haha dami nga sa ig.

I don't have a professional picture of my ring but this will give you an idea, I hope
https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11218794_10153541383525586_2111982214333067655_n.jpg?oh=69e690258ed52b34f1fff245fb362d6a&oe=5684050E

and this is how it looks like from the side...
https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11905801_10153541383645586_4126239462382977471_n.jpg?oh=0ee690ee53a5cea78620b806693b2afc&oe=56613912

From the side view, halos same tayo ng setting (the way the band stones are set) :) Although single halo lang ako not double.

Awesomecakes

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:42 pm »
My husBand did not buy me an engagement ring at all.. Ngayon bibili lang kami for pictorial purposes only during the wedding. Lol!

My H2B haven't formally proposed "yet". I dont know what are his plans pero it's up to him na siguro. But yeah we started the preparations na. I believe hindi lang ako yun bride to be na nauna yun preps. Haha. Fine with me. :)

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »
^^sparklingjewel Thank you! And I agree with the wedding band. I love how your ring looks! What's your ig handle?

^^ bonzaigirl thank you! Buti na lang he decided that he will get me my ring instead of just giving me the heirloom piece. Don't get me wrong, the heirloom is beautiful and I appreciate it very much. But his efforts on looking for a ring that fit my dream engagement ring hold so much more significance and sentimental value to me.  :)

^^ gumdrops26 gorgeous ring! I personally think halo rings are the prettiest.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:41:09 am by lourd3ss »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close