Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116819 times)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2015, 08:16:19 am »
Oh no! That's horrible Chili! I wish that their fingers get cut off! OMG I'm so mean but really these are things that cannot ever be replaced! Hay.  :'( Thanks for sharing your experience though! I normally place my bag on the chair and lean on it. Never again, I guess.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2015, 03:43:33 am »
Oh no sis Chili1113, that's just so scary and sad at the same time.. Pero on a lighter note, and on a very delayed reaction :D, regarding the 2 wedding rings, I would go with Caleice on this one.  hehe..The more rings the merrier.  :) :)

 I am also getting 2 wedding rings.  :D We just bought our wedding rings yesterday.  Ang usapan na namin before ni fiance eh he'll buy me 2 wedding rings because my engagement ring is a solitaire one, and we didn't get the bridal set one, kasi nga yung engagement ring is a gift from my MIL to be.  So sabi ni fiance, eh since di namin nasunud yung gusto daw namin na engagement ring eh 2 wedding ring na lang daw yung sa akin, one for our civil ceremony on Saturday, and the next one for our Catholic wedding sa Pinas in June 2016.  :D  Shempre sino ba naman ako to say no. hehe.. 

We were set on having like a half eternity rings for our wedding rings, but yesterday sa store, we saw this 5 stone na wedding ring which complemented my engagement ring, so we bought it na. hehe..   Sabi nya, next time naman yung for our wedding next year. hehe..  Hindi ko akalain na super nakakaexcite yung paghahanap for wedding rings, but it really is.  hehe. Sa sobrang tuwa ko sa wedding rings namin eh I can't stop taking them out of the box and looking at them :D  Di naman ako mashado excited.  :D

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:03 am »
Good stuff, sis bonzaigirl! :) i love the idea of 2 wedding rings. And ambait ni H2B mo he's so considerate with the rings :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:04 am »
Best wishes bonzaigirl! :) And yey to 2 wedding rings! Haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2015, 11:55:34 am »
bonzaigirl: whoohoo!! hooray for 2 wedding rings!! Im also set on getting a 5stone ring. They are gorgeous. Im excited na also to canvas since H2B gave me the go signal already!!! =) Maybe Ill get both of us a very simple and affordable, but super matching set of wedding rings for his birthday or our 5th anniversary this August! Have a beautiful civil ceremony sis!

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2015, 12:05:10 pm »
^the 5-stone ring is very nice. that's what i have also (round cut). On our first wedding anniversary, he gave an eternity ring naman (emerald cut). It goes well with my wedding ring and ER when worn together =)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2015, 12:31:28 pm »
Hahaha.. sis juwie yes mabait si H2B :) but I also think na he's making up for it basically kasi he knows I am giving up a lot for him. hehe.. LDR kasi kami. I'm London based, And he is US based, and I hust moved here to LA and basically gave up my life hehe.. no work, no friends. My support system, most of them are in the UK. Kaya yun. hehe..  pero sabi nga ni Olaf sa Frozen.. "Some people are worth melting for".. :) :) kaya yun.. unti unti akong natutunaw dito sa init. hehe.. and thank you mga sis :) chili1113, caleice, vhanya.  :)  I really liked the 5 stone wedding ring. It just looked so nice with my engagemwnt ring hehe.. so far today, tipong 5 beses ko yata sya nilabas at tiningan.  hehe.. Ang sabi ko nga kay H2B eh the best part sa saturday eh I not only get to keep him officially, I get to wear his rings hehe :) :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2015, 09:56:37 am »
^ oh wow! May back story pala ang pagiging considerate sa rings! (If yun nga ang reason) love moves talaga sis bonzaigirl, and your love story is interesting :)

When i got our rings todo suot din ako, nakakakilig I even took a pic of me wearing it lol.

It's the same thing with me for gowns, binabalik-balikan ko ang pics pag gusto ko kiligin ☺

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »
I'm London based, And he is US based, and I hust moved here to LA and basically gave up my life hehe..   I really liked the 5 stone wedding ring. It just looked so nice with my engagemwnt ring hehe..

Awww sis parang movie! I am so happy for your new life and also that you're getting two sets of rings! Lucky girl you! :p Im sure the 5-stone ring is gorgeous. I saw something similar in my jeweller last week tas medyo malaki parin yung 5 stones, omg gorgeouss! If only bagay sa e-ring ko haha kaso hinde, mine needs to be more than 5 stones because my e-ring band is also studded...

We are such girls, i can feel the excitement when we talk jewelry!! Hehe in love na in love with diamonds!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: YRe: Engagement ring...
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2015, 06:14:43 pm »
I have a moissanite with the same specs bought as duplicate ring because obviously di ko kayang isuot yung diamond E-ring everyday.

Vhanya where did  you get your moissanite ring? It sounds fun to have an exact replica of the e-ring made out of moissanite haha that way i dont have to be so careful where i wear it! Pero i hear its 1/10 the price of diamonds right so if your ring is worth more than 1M, which for big diamond rings it likely is, your moissanite dummy ring is still 100k+? Is that how much you got yours for?

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2015, 07:37:05 pm »
sparklingjewel

Moissanite.com. Get the Forever Brilliant line coz they have the whitest stones. =) Funny thing about the moissanite stone vs the real diamond is, the moissanite is sometimes more sparkly haha! But they look like twins talaga =)  You can't see the difference unless you use a microscope.

I know it's still pricey but that's better than losing the real one dba?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2015, 07:56:53 pm »
^Thanks Vhanya! Hmm yes 100k+ is still quite expensive for a dummy ring haha halos same value na ng other people's real engagement rings! I'm just entertained by the fact that I could possibly get a replica of my ring! I have a radiant cut with cushion halo setting. Browsing through the site now :) Shucks these are so cheap if you get and use them as real engagement rings haha i wonder if there are girls who actually get proposed to with moissanite rings :o

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »
I know girls who chose moissanite for their ERs and that's where I got the idea to have one made as an everyday ring :) They say it's more environment-friendly like the lab created diamonds but still cheaper. No judgment naman. Whatever floats your boat :)


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2015, 09:07:51 pm »
I mean, it's really possible to not know pala that it's a moissanite no? Since you can't tell with the naked eye. Science is brilliant. :))

Personally I just like the idea that it's a lot less scary to wear everywhere (esp for me, i wear my real ring everyday and almost everywhere, except the gym and when i go off for store checks) and i don't have to be as careful with it. Thinking of that dummy ring and maybe also getting some other accessories  :) Thanks again for the idea vhanya!

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2015, 12:00:32 am »
Oh yes definitely! For an untrained eye and even for some alaheras, you have to have it checked pa using a microscope to make sure.  So yes, i think it is possible not to know if you got a real mined diamond, lab created one or a moissanite unless backed by a certificate. Kahit ako, I wouldnt know the difference even up close! Hehe

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2015, 08:26:53 am »
I almost lost my e-ring a few days ago..  (imagine my panic! I died for a short moment) maluwag kasi sya. So now it's on my middle finger until I get myself one of those ring snuggies.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2015, 08:55:12 am »
sis juwie..! I'm experiencing the same with my wedding ring.. ang luwag nya kase.. I used to wear my e-ring beside it (to keep it from falling) since it's more snuggly. Kaya lang I could not wear my e-ring anymore at work. Di malayong mauwi sa septic tank itong ring if I don't do anything about it asap.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2015, 09:00:58 am »
Sis belle_v2g buy ka na ng ring snuggies. Fiance insists on having my ring adjusted but baka tumaba pa ako when I get preggy. Hehe! So the snuggie is my best option. I'm sure meron nyan dyan sis. Meron daw sa True Value from here based on my backreading (thanks sis j.adore!)

I really panicked when I saw my bare left hand. Di ko namalayan when it slipped off my finger I was really shaking!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:33 am »
Oh dear..  sis Juwie I could just imagine your fright :0  Kasi it happened to me once, but during that time it was just in my bag the whole time.  Pero yung fright ko hahaha.  Better get those ring snuggies then. 

Sis belle_v2g,  what I did, kasi wearing anything below the elbows is also not permitted din sa work ko, so I just bought a silver chain and hung it aroung my neck.  Although yung chain ko is quite long so di sya masyado kita pag naka scrubs ako. hehe.  Yun kasi yung laking takot ko, baka pagtanggal ko ng disposable gloves eh sumama yung ring ko (minsan kasi nakakalimutan ko tanggalin yung engagement ring ko hehe and minsan talagang pasaway lang talaga hehe). 

sis sparkling jewel I didn't see your comment kagad, thanks hehe.  Yup. Sa sobrang init dito sa LA, unti  unti akong natutunaw. hehe.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2015, 09:13:15 am »
Will try nga to find one of those here sis juwie..

I so can relate with the gloves sis bonzaigirl.. and frequent hand washing. They allow the wedding band but not the e-ring. Good idea din the chain. Sige sige I'll consider both option. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:28:53 am by belle_v2g »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close