Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116643 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:47 pm »
^Not sure sis if mine has.. haha. The center stone kasi is from fiance's family, not bought from the jeweler. He just asked for a setting. Maybe i could ask if the setting could be insured. Or kahit di na, maliliit lang naman yung stones nya. What will really make me panic is losing the center stone because i know we can't afford to replace it hehe

geekgurl

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:37 pm »


Mga sis, pumunta ako villarica for jewelry appraisal ng e-ring. Sabi magkakaroon daw ng testmark? paano ba yung testmark and sobrang obvious ba yung mark.sorry first time ko kasi.  ???

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:07 am »
In pawnshops they scratch the diamond to check the rock and get a bit of gold to know the karat. Both aren't visible to the naked eye.

Joanne C.

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2015, 02:54:29 am »
Hi mga sis, me and my fiance are currently looking for a good jewelry store (in terms of price to quality ratio) to buy an E-Ring...

I discovered that MyDiamond Philippines has a 45% discount this month on their E-Rings... (its posted on their FB page "MyDiamondPH")

1. Can you give a feedback if maganda quality ng Diamond Rings nila? and if sold at reasonable prices?
2. If MyDiamond is not good, can you recommend any other well known stores to get an E-Ring in the Philippines? :)
3. Last question, is it common to find a Store selling a 0.9 carat Diamond Ring? how much does a 0.5 carat and a 0.9 carat e-ring usually cost?


Thank you mga sis!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:00:40 am by Joanne C. »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2015, 05:58:11 pm »
Recently seeing that engagement rings are getting bigger and bigger... at least for some people in my network. Meron palang non-celebrities who have 5-10 carat rings sa Pilipinas, no? Kakagulat, i used to only see those in international celebrities. Those rings can probably buy a house!

Chili1113, your theory about ring shrinkage is so true. Yung hindi naman maliit ring mo at all but you keep seeing all these hugeee rings and you forget what's on your finger.. when you should really be very happy already with what you have! :)

Hi Joanne! Common lang locally yung 0.5 to 0.9 carat, almost all the local shops would have this i think. I tried on a 0.9 carat from Hearts and Arrows before, and i think it is a decent ring for everyday wear, its not so big that it would attract attention. Ang mahirap hanapin is yung mga close or beyond 2 carats.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Sparklingjewel: hehe and also the older you get the smaller your ring will feel like haha but really times are different you can never wear your ring just anywhere. These days some people get stabbed over someone stealing their smartphone. It is scary to think of what some evil people will be willing to do to grab a ring about 1M worth.

FYI my mom said about 25 years ago a 5 carat slightly yellowish and old  brilliant cut (not laser cut bec thats more expensive) was only about 350k hehe. Grabe na now.

Joanne C.

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:01 pm »
Thanks for the info sis Sparklingjewel! :)
Oo nga, I also wont be wearing my ring on a daily manner. Pag special occassions lang talaga.


Would you know mga sis what's the Reasonable price for a 0.5 carat vs 0.9 carat diamond ring?

Thank you again!


Hi Joanne! Common lang locally yung 0.5 to 0.9 carat, almost all the local shops would have this i think. I tried on a 0.9 carat from Hearts and Arrows before, and i think it is a decent ring for everyday wear, its not so big that it would attract attention. Ang mahirap hanapin is yung mga close or beyond 2 carats.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2015, 11:03:02 pm »
^Ah really? Exag, ngayon parang a good quality 2 carat diamond is what, 800-1M, maybe more? Poor men, hehe. But seriously, you dont need a 5 carat ring Chili1113. You are stunning. ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:32:30 pm by sparklingjewel »

Joanne C.

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2015, 08:16:17 am »
Thanks sparklingjewel! ive been checking the Wedding Ring thread, learned a lot from there :) will check Ty Po Huat and some other well known shops in Ongpin.

Sharing the details I got to help this thread:

A .5 ct vs1 G-H with 14k whitegold band ranges from 35-45k :)
Diamond Fire charges a bit more, but they offer GIA certification naman.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2015, 07:36:10 pm »
^Wow sis Joanne parang mura yan. Sorry if forgot to mention the price, the 0.9 carat one i tried on had good specs (very sparkly, maputi) and it was about 200k, i think 14k white gold din. Laki talaga ng jump depende sa quality ng diamond. I've also tried on once a 1.4 carat round brilliant, really good specs, with a halo, but it cost 1.6M!! Haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »
Awww sparklingjewel!! You are such a head turner and your ring looks so fabulous on you. The halo on your ring made me wish for a halo too hahaa

Thanks Joanne C for the .5 carat price info!! I am looking for similar sized ones for my wedding band. At least now I have an idea about the prices.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »
A .5 ct vs1 G-H with 14k whitegold band ranges from 35-45k :)
Diamond Fire charges a bit more, but they offer GIA certification naman.

From which store is this quote from? Hmmm, early this year I researched from so many suppliers nasa 60 to 80 quotes so this is way too cheap.

What's Diamond Fire's quote for the same?

28Leslie

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:57 am »
Hi, may I know if saan pwede bumili ng silver ring as temporary engagement ring. my friend wants to propose kaya lang gusto nya kasama nya sa pagbili yung gf nya. thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2015, 01:55:42 pm »
Whaaaaaa... I wanna reset my engagement ring and put a halo on it. But I feel that my fiance will feel bad since ang mahal ng cost niya to set my ring, but I really dont like the quality of the setting =( =(

My mom showed my engagement ring to her jeweler friend and she said style was nice and I shouldnt touch it na. But still! The setting quality doesnt do justice to my stones.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:41 pm »
Chili, maybe you can talk him into a halo reset for your first anniversary if you really want one? hehe. I'm sure your ring is stunning as is though -- biased lang ako because I love halos :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »
sevenstars: actually I am okay even if I keep the ring design as is. It is the craftsmanship that really annoys me! Imagine among all the rings I have, my engagement ring has the ugliest craftsmanship in setting! It is so sad because my r-ring means a lot to me.

I just dont want to offend him hehe and I am planning to pay for the resetting myself. I have asked him several times and he only says, "OK pero sayang naman what was paid." But even he agrees that the craftsmanship is bad for the price he paid!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr I am so annoyed with that jeweler whose shop is in Manila Peninsula. Super overpriced but I swear the quality is so bad.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:31:38 pm by Chili1113 »

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »
Mine is a very simple 0.52 carat round count solitary ring then full eternity ring as my wedding band. Bagay na bagay sila. :-) kaso feeling ko nataba daliri ko kasi nasikip na pag 2 ring suot ko.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
^An eternity really looks good with the engagement ring! That's why I really wanted to have one as a wedding band, but the now husband wanted our rings to match. So he got me both because I'm super makulit. Haha! It's also cute to have matching rings. We are not the couple who likes matching stuff, so this is a first. It's pretty cute in my opinion. Haha!

Chili, maybe you can ask in a pa-cute way your fiance for an "upgrade" later on, i.e., having the ring reset or even get a new one tee hee!. Tyaga na lang muna now so you won't hurt his feelings.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2015, 06:05:01 pm »
caleeice!! hehe actually the good thing about the jeweler he brought me to, was that despite the lack of skill of her in-house goldsmith is that she has expensive taste! Haha she designed our wedding rings before and told H2B that my wedding band "has to" be a 5 stone 2-2.5 total carat weight. LOL I wasnt expecting 5pcs of .4 to .5 stones on my wedding ring, but well she implanted the idea in our brains hehe! And so Ive been making pa-cute to H2B that we have to follow her design. hehe siguro that's what ill target for now.

I love the idea of two wedding bands!! Hahah is it too spoiled of me to get a wedding band with the stones and another really plain one that that is the exact match of h2b's  plain wedding band? whaaaaaa love the idea!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:43:14 am by Chili1113 »

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2015, 08:01:12 pm »
Yes I'll suggest you stick with it for now and look forward to your rings na lang 😊
After some years pwede na ulit revisit the project engagement ring hehe.

I had mine upgraded after two years from receiving the engagement ring. Someday I'll have it reset.
Just like our wedding rings we have plans to reset someday.

We also have 2 sets of rings hehe but both matchy. One simpler for anywhere and another with stones for safe places.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close