Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116568 times)

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2015, 04:03:35 pm »
sevenstars, Yup, we both know that he knows kaso I deny it lang. I mean, I don't want him to spend unnecessarily siyempre so I won't say anything.

And I just realized I'm using my usual username here so if ever he decides to google me, he'll prolly see this. Love you darling, don't worry about the ring. Maganda naman ako, haha!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2015, 07:16:59 pm »
sevenstars: oh my... I am drooling over the ring in bluenile! Hahaha the price is also faint-worthy!!!
I noticed blue nile doesn't have a white gold version of the ring and only has the 2ctw emerald cut in platinum.

Hmmmm I would actually be more than happy with a much smaller/lighter ring than that! The wedding ring specs came from the jeweler h2b brought me to. SO it was all her idea!!! =) Heheh but kidding aside, if I can get a good deal with those specs then I will definitely go for it-- as wedding rings are definitely top priority for us, and are willing to cost cut on other wedding items.

jailalee: Don't worry sis!! The future ahead is promising and bright. Just think that you will have a whole life ahead of better, nicer, bigger jewelry from hubby!! =)

Those gorgeous diamonds can come later on in life. In a way, that would be even more meaningful because those diamonds will be bought with money the both of you earned together as a married couple. I see jewelry given by husbands to wives as a symbol of a husband's appreciation for all the support and help from the wife-- without which a husband's success is not possible.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:53:09 pm by Chili1113 »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:11 am »
Chili, faint-worthy talaga! Hehe. Your ring will be such a statement piece! Although I agree that a more delicate version would also be gorgeous :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:27 am »
Chili, faint-worthy talaga! Hehe. Your ring will be such a statement piece! Although I agree that a more delicate version would also be gorgeous :)

Thanks sis!!  I really hope we have enough budget left for a much cheaper, perhaps locally sourced version of that ring. hahaha I hope the finace is not secretly regretting that he brought me to that jeweler who fed us with all these costly ideas. LOL Nevermind, I shall cost cut on other things instead!! =)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:28:32 am by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2015, 12:09:55 pm »
^Hi reese17 and jailalee i understand what you mean completely. Sometimes us girls just get too conscious about the ring and comparing it to what others have! Even if we know that no matter how small or flawed it is, it's the thought that counts. :p Girls being girls. Hehe. It's a very special ring naman kasi!

Reese17, how do you know your mom's stone is internally flawless? Mine kasi is flawless to the naked eye from the top view but if you look at it from the underside, it's not perfectly clear. I never complained about it though because I know it's already much more than I deserve.. it's a 2-carat center stone with 26 small diamonds on the band and halo. So kung sa overall, bahala na yung underside! Haha. Im just curious though to see really huge, perfect diamonds, must be so gorgeous. <3

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2015, 05:23:43 am »
Mga sis, ano kaya yung mga numbers na naka engraved sa loob nung rin at korteng diamond?

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2015, 09:19:39 am »
sparklingjewel, she told me herself but I never really noticed it until we studied the diamond up close. There's a veeery small speck daw acc to her but I can't even find it. Her ring is super clear from all angles and it sparkles like anything. <3 It's an heirloom from my Dad's family so it's going to my brother if/when he proposes. :)

I have a question, though. My ring has a low setting so any wedding band I get will "hit" the prongs. Sabi ng tita ko this is bad because it will eventually loosen the prongs and I could lose the diamond. Ayoko naman ng wedding ring na may cut-out portion kasi I travel a lot for work and I always leave my e-ring behind. (Planning to wear the wedding ring though!)

Would it look weird if there's a gap between my e-ring and wedding ring?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2015, 11:47:11 am »
^reese17 ahh i see. Personally i dont really mind if the diamond is super perfect for as long as it is clear to the naked eye then it looks perfect to me. Haha! Lucky naman your brother's gf :)

On your ring setting, I have a similar problem. I have a high setting for my e-ring but the thing is since i have a  halo setting and the halo has a square base, it's the base that is being hit by any band I try on. Same with you, literally 99% of all the rings I tried on have a gap and it's not even a small gap ha, medyo significant gap since my band is super thin and the halo is a huge square.

I was able to try on this super flat band last week that was almost flat na sa ring ko (minimal gap) but my fiance didn't like it. He wants me to get a classic-looking band kasi, tipong white gold with a single row of diamonds, half-eternity. The super flat ring can only accommodate 0.01 micro diamonds of 4-5 rows (super blingy looking) and hindi pwede bigger stones kasi nga super flat lang niya. Yun lang, when im wearing it, it swallows my e-ring and its very delicate band because it's so white na due to the rows of micro diamonds. Medyo gusto ko yata kita both rings individually. Haha! I can send you a picture of me wearing it.

Still torn! But it looks like i will just "accept" the gap so i can get a classic looking ring that will also not merge with my e-ring. I still love my e-ring more eh. Hahaha

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »
^ I also want the same classic band with diamonds na half-eternity! The problem is, my e-ring already has diamonds at the band as well so my mom said magtatalo yung e-ring and wedding ring if I do that. So same problem tayo! Lol.

I guess I don't really mind the gap - I can always have the setting fixed in the future. Can you PM me the photo? :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2015, 12:32:18 pm »
sparklingjewel/reese, I also have a halo ring with a pave band and I had the same issues. I really wanted my wedding band to be distinct, so I asked my jeweller to come up with a few options.

I ended up with a rose gold ring that tapers in and out like a wave, with diamonds in the wider sections. (The design is similar to the Leon Mege M Theory, but more substantial.) The base of my halo sits perfectly in one of the tapered sections, and it's easily distinguishable from the band of my engagement ring. :)

I also love the bubble bands (with the diamonds set in individual round bezels). I have a friend who has one, and she has a small gap between the band and her 5ct engagement ring. It's a super pretty set.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »
Hello ladies! hmmmm for those with ring gap problems, here's an idea. How about super thin, stackable wedding bands like this?? Im sure this will minimize the gap between engagement ring. And I heard what some ladies do is that their hubbys buy them a new thin stackable ring during anniversaries, a new baby, etc. I kinda find the idea very cool and like the flexibility of stacking rings.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/571183165213702224/

In my case, I have a very low 3-stone setting. There will really be a small gap between the side stones of the engagement ring and the wedding band. However, I really don't mind as long as the side stones will be exactly the same height as the stones on the wedding ring.

If i could have it my way though, I would like to have a diamond cigar band as a wedding ring hehe
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:02:37 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2015, 01:48:23 pm »
^Sis sevenstars super thank you for your innovative ideas! =) I can imagine the bubble band (similar to Arianna Colamonici-Kaimo's right?) but i just personally do not like the style since it doesn't look so traditional and medyo youthful yung itsura nya. I am trying to imagine the wave band. Hmm, so the center stone and halo fits in one of the waves right? Sayang, that wont work for me either since my halo is about as wide as 60-70% of my finger. Sigh. Plus, my fiance really wants me to get a traditional half-eternity, with a straight band. Maybe i will just accept the gap and then if im still bothered after the wedding I will have it altered then...

^reese17 after seeing your ring and knowing what you want, i think we'll still end up getting the traditional half eternity rings =))

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »
sparklingjewel, I can PM you the sketch from my jeweller if you'd like to see it. :) The halo is about 60% of my finger width but my centre stone is a pear, so the base is a lot smaller on the side where the wedding ring will sit. Is the band on your engagement ring shared-prong? I think if you do a channel-set half-eternity it might help with the "blending in" problem.

My friend's bubble band is similar to this one but in white gold: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/335658978453118290/

Chili, I have a fashionista cousin who wears a cigar band instead of a wedding ring! Super bagay sa kanya. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:18:11 pm by sevenstars »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2015, 04:42:46 pm »
^Sis yes please pasend ng sketch mo so i can imagine :) I dont know what a shared prong looks like, but my e-ring base is as wide as the halo itself = 60/70% of my finger width. There is a significant gap with any band unless the wedding band is super super flat. :( Of course, its more impt to me to keep the engagement ring the way it is because i like it already rather than have that changed and baka naman pumangit. Hehe

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »
PM'ed you, sparklingjewel!

This chart shows the difference between channel-set and shared prong: http://jesterjewelers.com/media/upload/image/setting%20styles%201.jpg -- I think doing a channel set wedding band with a prong set engagement ring band is a nice way to get a little visual separation, although you won't need it if you're embracing the gap :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2015, 09:56:33 pm »
^Thanks sevenstars! So educational!! :) I just learned from here that my e-ring has surface prongs (although not exactly like in the picture, my stones are submerged flat talaga on the band and halo) and that i want the same for my wedding band. Visual separation won't be my problem since the gap is soo big. *embrace the gap* haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:56 pm »
sevenstars I have a weakness for cigar bands!!! haha I have a couple of them and it until I got my engagement ring, I wore one everyday. LOL Funny but the cigar band I want actually cost less than the custom wedding ring I am eyeing. Oh well, I decided that I should stick to having a classic wedding band for now.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:39 am »
Wow sevenstars! Thanks :) I found out that my e-ring's band has surface prongs too (hello sparklingjewel, haha)

So I'm thinking, if I also get a half-eternity wedding band, do I need to get the Channel setting so that the diamonds don't hit each other? Btw, my fiancee agreed to having the setting of my e-ring raised so that we can *embrace the gap*!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2015, 08:42:09 am »
@Pink_Sugar, not sure what the numbers are... my e-ring doesn't have that although some couples choose to have their wedding date engraved sa inner portion ng wedding band. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2015, 11:41:49 am »
reese, check with your jeweller -- I read that sometimes the diamonds on one ring can wear away the metal on the other, but it all depends on how the rings sit together. :) My diamonds sit really low in my wedding band so they won't hit the gallery on my engagement ring.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close