Author Topic: On inviting guests...  (Read 40406 times)

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2016, 10:26:30 am »
^Thanks for this sis. Siguro ganun na rin ang gagawin namin, atleast 6mos before.
Dapat ba sagot din natin ang susuotin nila or not necessary?

marbleslice

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2016, 10:44:05 am »
^suggestion ng coord namin is to let the ninangs wear champagne or beige gown. i guess para easier for them to look for an outfit of that color at mas coordinated ang look. and on our end, we will no longer provide fabrics pa. then for the ninongs, baka tie na lang. :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2016, 10:57:01 am »
@sis pogi02: depende yun sa traditions ng family nyo I guess, sa amin kasi talagang supposed to be provided ang tela sa mga ninong ninang e :)

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »
Hi mga sis! I need some advice lang if my decision is right w/ my colleagues. Before kasi we were 'okay' not really close but walang away but alam mo ng may certain awkwardness but since nasa same unit kayo you try to get along. I originally plan to invite everyone in my unit para walang issue. Then one day may incident, and nag snap ako (medyo very critical and mean kasi sila) and it was the first time I did that. After that hindi na nag uusap about anything personal, pag about work lang. I plan to invite some of the people in our unit (like the boss and subordinates) and people who are actually nice to me pero I won't include them na. Ang mahal mahal ng per head ko tapos ang mean nila sa akin parang not worth it anymore. Hindi naman siguro awkward sa team right?   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:05:34 pm by princessshayera »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2016, 04:47:37 pm »
^siguro if you just invited your superior, and then yung friend mo lang sa team nyo ok lang yun :)

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »
hi sis princesshayera, for me it's ok, no need to invite people you don't want to see on your special day... For me, negative vibes lang yan on the wedding day...  ::) ::) ::)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »
@pogi02 - if you have PS who have corporate jobs, from abroad or the province, it might be better to ask them the earlier the better. Then at 6 month time send them save the date cards. We asked our PS about a year away. Then nagpadala uli kami ng save-the-date, pero ganun pa din ang nangyari. Hindi pa din lahat makukumpleto.  Nearly 2 months away na lang yung wedding, and yung isang Ninong told us that he can't make it kasi may seminar. :(

As for the fabric, kami hindi na kami nagprovide ng fabric sa kanila. We told they that our what our motiff is, and that they can wear something beige or something pale gold ( shades of green and gold kasi kami).

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »
Thanks, sis meixin!

hi sis princesshayera, for me it's ok, no need to invite people you don't want to see on your special day... For me, negative vibes lang yan on the wedding day...  ::) ::) ::)

Sis vhena14, yeah iwas negative vibes. I'm sure ookrayin din naman nila ako either way. And siguro alam naman na nila if I don't invite them because wala naman kaming personal relationship to begin with.

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2016, 06:38:19 pm »
^true, taong ayaw sayo, kahit pakitaan mo ng maganda, okray aabutin mo... keri na yan sis! basta bawal ang bad vibes sa kasal! hehe

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #229 on: April 01, 2016, 09:42:51 am »
Thanks mga sis :) marbleslice meixin Missus O

We still have 8 months and out of 6 or 8 pairs of PS, 1 pair palang yung nasabihan namin and they were my relatives pa who are based abroad. We already have a tentative list, yung iba sa kanila nasabihan na namin but informal palang, like we're making parinig na kukunin namin sila.
Actually, I really have no idea kung pano sila tanungin kung okay lang ba na kunin sila as PS. Yung iba kasi dun is ninong/ninang ni h2b sa binyag na medyo high class and yung iba naman former/current boss namin. Any tips mga sis?

As to what they should wear, sige I'll follow your advices sisses. Since wala naman ako naririnig sa families namin na need i-provide ang fabric, I'll let them wear what they want basta may specific color.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2016, 01:00:33 pm »
^Sa amin, sa side ko, yung mum ko yung nqgtanong kasi close sya sa kanila. Sa hubby's side, sya mismo yung nagtanong. Kasi may incident kami na yung mommy nya, iba nasabi. hehe. 8 pairs kasi kami. Tig 4 both sides.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:43 pm »
We're so doomed. We have started our RSVP. So far, only very few people have sent their regrets. Oh no....................

Purple_Power

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2016, 10:25:37 pm »
^What you mean by only few sent regrets? yung hindi makakarating?

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2016, 05:48:37 am »
^ Oh dear.. who knows @chili, maybe on the day itself they might have a case of " tinatamaditis" :). But joking aside, is there a way that MP can expand? Do they have like a secret divider that can open up into a room?  Maybe you need to i form your.stylist and caterer as well. Oh dear.. ako na ang nangangamba. My flight is on thursday morning, and we'll be distributing our invites next week. Good luck sis. You still have about 2 weeks more or less  to sort this out :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2016, 09:24:24 am »
^^^Chili1113,

Yikes! Did you call them too to confirm if theyre really coming? Maybe others are just tamad to send their RSVP, alam mo naman Pinoy.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:11 pm »
purple_power: yes more than expected ang nag confirm =( =(

MissusO: Thankfully we don't have that many guests to the point that we will exceed the venue's capacity hahaha. Just was hoping to stay below 250 guests but I guess not.

rowan: Yup we texted or sent private messages to each one to follow up. However I think we will specify fewer heads that our total count because I have a feeling several will back out at the last minute.


j.adore

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2016, 07:52:18 pm »
My husband was soooooo upset when I was given only 1 seat sa wedding invite.
All weddings we've attended kasi (even our own) sinusunod yung etiquette so I had to keep explaining na meron mga couples na on a budget talaga. Even though we were on a budget too, we still followed so I guess that adds up to his confusion.

Dito sa GT ko din nababasa yung mga lalaki na nagiging issue ito. I'm thinking normal reaction?

Anyway, end of the day, it is for the couple. Whatever makes them happy is priority. I was even the one who told them during preps to invite only those they know and want to be in the guest list lol.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:36 pm »
hi j.adore!

I think you are right it depends upon sa couple, on our wedding, I also have some close female friends/relatives but I don't even know or personally know their husband/s, so I am also thinking of asking them whether it is okay na sila na lang... but knowing me, baka isama ko na din yung husband because it is more ethical for me..

Pag bf and gf pa lang, yun ang hindi na talaga kasama :)


j.adore

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2016, 10:35:51 pm »
Don't ask kasi possible pa communication issues or comments etc. Decide then just show it through the invites😊

We didn't know din the partners but invited anyway and you know what? A lot of them got engaged after our wedding!

Happy vibes lang kasi it's paying forward -- me and husband got invited to a wedding na may plus ones for those in a relationship and we also got engaged afterwards.

It's like celebrating love not just for the couple☺️

hi j.adore!

I think you are right it depends upon sa couple, on our wedding, I also have some close female friends/relatives but I don't even know or personally know their husband/s, so I am also thinking of asking them whether it is okay na sila na lang... but knowing me, baka isama ko na din yung husband because it is more ethical for me..

Pag bf and gf pa lang, yun ang hindi na talaga kasama :)

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: On inviting guests...
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2016, 11:44:49 pm »
Hi mga sis! need your help. Our church ceremony will be on Caleruega and the capacity is just 150 but now when we're listing down our guests more than na. Since big both families namin ni hubby plus we have set of friends pa, it's now at 250+ na. We're thinking na we'll invite nalang the other 100+ on the reception. Ok lang ba un? or ma-offend iyong iba na sa reception lang sila invited?

And how will we tell them? Sa invite nalang? TIA!  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close