watch now

Author Topic: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family  (Read 4602 times)

ikaela

  • Guest
Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »
I always come across posts here on GT about irresponsible, unreliable, deadweight, bum, siblings, and, eto na, it has also caused me a problem. I'm here now on GT with this issue because I would really appreciate it if you would share your insights on it. I'll try to make it as concise as I can:

There are two of us grown children in the family -- my kuya and I. Like the usual black sheep, my kuya didn't finish his studies, never held a job for more than a few months, had problematic, no-good girlfriends, and even got one pregnant in his teens (she miscarried, so huge sigh of relief for my parents). Ako, eto, hard-headed, talk-back, independent kind of girl, but I was straight-arrow -- I graduated with honors, left home soon after college, supported myself, found a husband, got married, built a house, had a baby, all the expenses of which we paid 100% without asking for a single centavo.

But despite that, for some reason, gusto ng parents ko to be "fair". So whatever "benefits" I get as their child, my kuya gets as well. I graduated with honors? I get to travel abroad, but dapat kuya ko din (kahit 'di siya nakatapos in the 3 schools that he went to). It also works the other way; if my brother f*cks up, kasama din ako sa punishment and sa sermon.

I suspect that when my parents saw that I was able to thrive out in the real world on my own, ayaw ng dad ko mapahuli kuya ko. So even if he was just bumming at home with no direction in life, dad decided to take money out of their funds and give it to him. Eto ha -- that's FREE MONEY MONTHLY for nothing but being an embarrassing bum. Okay, so kunwari it's for "helping" in the family business, but, hello, ano ba naman klaseng work yung you collect rent once month lang, and then you get paid a manager's salary.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:26:19 pm »
To continue:

I told my parents that that setup was very madaya, but my arguments fell on deaf ears. Mom ko, she's on my side, but because she's so tired of my brother's sh!t throughout all those years, she just says, "that's all your dad, I have nothing to do with that."

Fast-forward, kuya gets another dumbass of a girlfriend. This girl is whole another story altogether, so I'll just say what made me, my mom, and my lola dislike her: she does not know her place, her limits, her boundaries. Very much feeling at home. To cite examples: started calling our mom and dad "mom" and "dad" at the very beginning of their relationship (mom quickly put a stop to that, haha), she would have dinner at our house every night if she could, and would go to our grandmother's house and use it as her personal tambayan (watch movies, cook, eat, and even sleep there).

Anyway, stupid boy + stupid girl = you can expect what happens next. Unplanned pregnancy. And here is where I rage, rage, rage. After all the pains, problems, and drama my kuya has brought to the family, what does he get? Free monthly passive income, free place to stay with his new "family", and, I'm 100% sure, free all-paid expenses for that unwanted pregnancy, and if they run into troubles raising their child, I'm sure free money again for milk, diapers, and isama na rin tuition all the way to college.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »
This is what I want, and I have told my parents this: I want them to be fair to me. I also want them to give my kuya what he needs and deserves: cut off support, show him tough love, so he finally grows some balls and become a productive citizen.

At first I thought of asking for my own share of free passive income, because, ano ba, I deserve it! Gusto ko naman maka-experience ng free money! Wala tuloy maniwala anak ako ng mayaman (haha) because I've been toiling away for years and years on my own. And ever since one of my parents' investments went bust, I have been handling some of their accounts, investing it, and making money for them all for free. And ako ang walang "benefits"? Mas-nauna pa makakuha ng benefits  yung dumbass girlfriend just because she opened her legs for my just-as-dumb kuya. By the way, the place where they will be staying, which is being built right now, is the property that is under MY name.

Hindi ba madaya ito? Or am I just feeling entitled? Pero naman, I think it is my right, lalo na to ask that they do not stay in the property in my name, because, jusko lord, imagine na lang kapag lumaki pa yung pamilya nila and they'll be demanding their rights there like squatters. Yun na nga yung hinihintay kong mana, may nauna pa makinabang kaysa sa akin

What my parents are showing me is in this family, the more immature you are, the more you get rewarded. They reason out: your kuya is not on the same level as you are, so he needs more guidance, love, and compassion (my translation: he needs more free support).
   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:54:42 pm by ikaela »

justin3

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:19:24 am »
di ba sumagi sa isip mo na kaya ganun na lang ang trato sa yo ng iyong mga magulang sapagkat ika'y isang AMPON lamang? ;D :D ;D

mmm, baka ganun na lang ang trato nila sa kuya mo kasi nakikita nila na may mas kakayahan ka namang mabuhay ng matiwasay at maayos kesa sa kanya?

matanong ko lang... ilang taon ang age gap nyo?
baka a long time ago kasi, kaya nagkalitex-litex si kuya kasi naging kunsintidor sila noon at ngayon lang nila napagtanto na nagkulang sila sa pangaral sa kanya, nagui-guilty sila kaya ngayon sila bumabawi. buhos lahat... some things that you're not aware of maybe? ::)

sa tingin mo, alam ba ng kuya mo ang mga hinanakit mo sa kanya? if so, ano reaction nya?
nag-uusap pa rin ba kayo?

di kaya, lalong napalapit si kuya sa kanila (at ang manugang nilang hilaw) kasi ikaw, ang unica hija nila, lumayo naman sa kanila.
(at pustahan tayo, darating ang araw na maging mas malapit sila sa maging "pamangkin" mo kesa sa anak mo)

unfair na kung unfair. pero kung ano man ang meron ka ngayon, isipin mo na lang na kahit kailan hindi mapapantayan ng anumang datung na binibigay nila kay kuya.
sama at bigat lang ng loob makukuha mo at tatanda ka pa sa kaiisip at  hinanakit pag iniisip mong naaagrabyado ka.

ewan ko kung ilang milyones ang pinag-uusapan nyo... ako'y nagbibigay lang ng payo sang-ayon sa aking nararamdaman (bilang bunso at namumuhay ng maayos kesa sa mga nakakatanda kong kapatid) para sabihin na "hayaan mo na yan, Kapuso, Kapamilya at Kapatid mo naman ang nakikinabang... + stupid girl". ;D
eh, nagbibigay nga tayo sa mga nasalanta ni Yoly, ni Ondoy at ni Pablo eh. eh, hindi namn natin kaanu-ano ang mga yon. ;)

saka ka na magwala ng wagas pag ang mga magulang nyo wala nang kakayanang gumawa ng pera at sinisipsip pa ni  stupid boy + stupid girl pati ang natitirang perang pantawid-gutom nila. ;D

kontakin mo ako, ipatira natin sa "riding-in-tandem". ;D ;D ;D

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:59 am »
justin3: LOL! Buti pa ata ampon. From what I hear, the adoptive parents tend to dote on the adopted child to compensate for the fact that he/she is not their flesh and blood.

Two years lang ang age gap namin, and, yes, alam na alam nila lahat mga hinanakit ko. Haha. If there's anything I won't regret, it's that I shared my feelings. Buti na that they know kaysa mamatay ako na may sama pa ng loob.

The way we're raised, supposedly ha, by the time you graduate, you're on your own. So wala na sipsip-sipsip pa sa magulang, or keeping close together.

You know what, now that I think about it, my dad is like this towards my brother because he's making up for nearly 10 years that they didn't have a father-son relationship. At that time, my dad abhorred the girl kuya was dating (kasalanan din ng kuya ko kung bakit), so it really messed up their relationship. Eh eto na nga, compensate, compensate, but waaaay too late. And over sa pagka-compensate!

"Isipin mo na lang na kahit kailan hindi mapapantayan ng anumang datung na binibigay nila kay kuya." -> I'd love to think this! Pero kainis talaga na how I saved, slaved, and sacrificed to have X amount of money, eh samantalang kapatid ko, puro problema binigay and he also gets X amount of money. Tama ba yun?!?

Iba naman ang typhoon victims, sis, mga nawalan sila sa buhay, hindi naman sila nagtarantado sa buhay.

Call ako dyan sa riding-in-tandem! I'd love to hear the story of your mga nakakatandang kapatid.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:14 am »
dashee: From what I see, my dad doesn't want friends and family to think my kuya (his unico hijo, his junior, his bloodline) is an embarrassment, so he's making it seem like he's better than he is.

"Pera naman daw nila pantustos sa kapatid ko, pake ko daw ba sa decisions nila?" -- yes, I've heard that, too. Tama nga naman sila. Kaya hinahabol ko lang is that he, his stupid girlfriend, and their spawn don't live on the property that has my name f*cking emblazoned on it, may legal rights ako diyan!

Hindi rin ako santo, sis, haha. I made some really bad decisions in my life, too, but ang difference is, I stood up for all of them and faced the consequences myself. Hindi ako umasa kay mommy and daddy.


starfishqueen

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:24:07 pm »
from my personal experience, i learned that mothers tend to give more attention to the problemchild. i guess it's instinctive.

brattybrat01

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:58:49 pm »
hi sis ikaela as I am reading your post I can say we are in a same situation the only thing is my husband is like you while my brother-in-law is your brother. My inlaws (both father and mother) are really in favor of my brother-in-law. My husband is the eldest. All they can see from him are all his negative traits while he is doing the good thing but they don`t even appreciate him being responsible enough while my brother-in-law also impregnated a girl. But all the appreciations and favor are given to him. One incident that I can cite was them telling my husband to give half of the rent of his brother because kawawa naman daw magkakaanak na daw etc and so on and so forth. His parents were forcing him to give something that is not his responsibility. Siya ba nagpakasarap niyan at naggawa un baby ng kapatid niya. grabe kami ang kontrabida sa pamilya niya. So what we did we moved far away from them less stress less drama less inggitan. Once or twice a year lang kami dumadalaw kung may occasions lang and you bet kahit minsan lang iyon hindi parin sila nagbabago ganun at ganun parin kaya kahit husband ko wala ng gana pumunta sa side ng parents niya. His parents , brother and brother`s family are all living together. I can say you cannot teach old dogs new tricks. Thus, we just freed our anger and resentments from them and live a happy life by not stressing about them we just think what`s best for us. Kasi sis pag lalo m sila pinapansin mas matutuwa sila. I tell you I cannot believe it na I let my anger go. It was the worst 6 or 7 years experience with them hindi ako sanay ng ganito kasi ibang iba un family ko sa kanila. But iyon nga hindi ko nalang pinansin. pero sadly iyon nga pag bumibista kami ganun parin sila kaya ginagawa namin pasok sa tenga labas sa kabilang tenga. We will just stay there for maximum of 4 hours then alis na.

funstuffjoan0109

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
dami kong backread dito,.. ;D

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:11 am »
Thanks for sharing, brattybrat01. Mukhang ganun na nga gagawin ko ngayon -- distance and forget. Pero ang sad lang, I don't really want a distant relationship with my family. Kahit papaano eh mahal ko pa rin sila. :( Kung tutuusin, mas-okay pa kalagayan ko compared to you kasi hindi naman ako pinipilit ng parents ko na magbigay sa kapatid ko.

Right now, ako ang contrabida sa family because I don't agree with their plan to keep supporting my kuya. Sabi ko they're robbing him of the learning experience. Pinagdadasal ko lang talaga, sana what other sisses said here about their siblings becoming matino after having kids, sana it'll also be true for my brother.

alexcar

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 11:43:12 am »
Ayon sa pastor namin, ang pagmamahal ng magulang ay pantay pantay ngunit may pagkakataon na ang pagmamahal ay sa mas nangangailangan. Based sa kwento mo, sino ba ang mas nangangailangan? Sino ba ang nawawala sa landas? Diba ang Kuya mo? You, you can stand up on your own. You can do things intelligently and responsibly. While your kuya on the other hand is lost. I thinks it's not unfair, because as i've said, ang pagmamahal ng magulang ay sa mas nangangailan.  ;)

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 12:02:48 pm »
^Yes, I've heard that, too, but, no, in my situation, my brother has been given countless opportunities to go back on the right path. Mahirap ikwento lahat on a forum, but some are: ilang beses siya inenroll sa schools para lang makatapos (hindi nakatapos), ilang beses siya binigyan capital to start businesses (all failed), and kung ano-ano pang opportunities that other people would be very envious of. Hindi na lost sheep ang tawag sa kanya eh. More like fat, contented pig waiting for everything to be given to him.

I think this time, it's time to stop supporting him para matuto na siya.

CITIgirl_04

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 02:29:17 pm »
I could totally relate to this. Our youngest bro is pasaway but not to the point na he's an addict or gimikero.. but I think pag nagpatuloy lang hinayaan ng mom ko yung pangungusinte baka one day maging ganun na rin siya. Though I'm praying na wag siyang mag-lead sa ganung path ofcourse, it's the person itself to initiate change. I used to support him on his studies before but ofcourse as a nagpapaaral, you need to know where's his this and where's his that, why he's doing this and that, his schedule here and there, yun bang mga usual things na tinatanong ng concern na magulang sa anak. Ayun napuno one time, kesyo di nalang daw siya lagi pinaniniwalaan and lagi nalang daw siya mali(he's a typical teenager) and umabot kami sa point na nagsigawan na kami at nung pinalalayas ko siya sa house since I'm the breadwinner (mom doesn't have the capacity to support the family anymore since she's also a widow now), sabi niya bakit ko raw siya papaalisin eh di naman ako si mommy? He knew very well na fave siya ng mom ko and I swear I'm not jealous or anything it's just that I hate that mom is supporting him for his wrongdoings when it's so obvious that he's lying most of the time and ilang beses na rin namin napatunayan na di siya nagsasabi ng totoo. So I stopped supporting him on his studies para wala na rin siyang masabi and from there on I set him free. Ngayon napilitan mag-sideline mom ko as an insurance collector to support him but I can see how they're having a hard time financially. I am not guilty as I want him to learn his lesson as well as my mom who continues to support him kahit na sini-sigaw-sigawan at dinadabog-dabugan siya most of the time esp. pag walang pambigay ng baon or pambayad raw 'kuno' sa scholl when you can see every night (at around 11pm onwards) eh umaalis siya at mga 5am na lagi kung umuuwi and then he would say na may pasok pa siya the next. Come on! And when the topic is about DOTA he's more than active to participate in discussions also with regard to the latest movies??? Kahit anong sabi namin kay mommy she just nods but I don't think she believes it so be it. I'm still supporting on all of our expenses but I'm not going to do anything with my bro anymore. We talk, we're casually talking at the house, and I know by heart that I've already forgiven him but I'm not going to support him anymore unless he humbly requests for it again to me... Para lang wala nang problema...

That's all.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »
^Hay, paano mo nga ba patitigilin yung pasaway at yung enabler ng pasaway? Pareho sila sakit sa ulo. Parang we can't do anything but tell them how we feel, and just let them sort things out themselves. I foresee my relationship with my family will be the same as brattybrat01's in the near future. Oh well, it's their lives, ika nga.

brattybrat01

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:45 pm »
hello sis Ikaela its hard at first to keep distant at them because they will always call and want us to visit them. And then one day we just realized that parang kaya nila kami pinapapunta is because gusto nila kami inisin para bang sinasadya na. They always been telling good things about my hubbys brother in front of my husband while they will always see the negative traits of my husband which is really not good. Sobrang halata ang favoritism at grabe ipagtanggol ang brother ni hubby. And then I even consulted my boss pa nga because I don`t want my parents to know kung ano pinagdadaanan namin sa inlaws ko I don`t want them to get worry. My boss advised us to just move far away from my inlaws. So when we save enough money for the house rental we move far away and believe it or not lahat ng hatred and anger k sa inlaws ko nawala and we don`t hear news from them as much as often. Almost everything become smooth. We started to forgive them but did not become close to them anymore. Mismo husband ko naggive up sa ugali ng family niya. And you know what sis we still respect them and all but after all that we`ve been through I can say na its worth it. No more dramas and stress. My husband`s face become lighter. Fresh ika nga. And more blessings started to come. Ayun ang hindi matanggap ng parents ng husband ko why is it na kaya ng asawa ko maging independent while the other is still depending on them. Sa totoo lang mas gusto siguro nila un favorite nila ang mas successful than my husband. We just keep on praying for their enlightenment but being close again not anymore.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 03:52:00 pm »
Tried talking with my mother, ang sagot sa akin is hayaan ko na daw. At least kumita naman daw ng pera kuya ko sa free business na binigay nila dun sa free house na binigay din nila. I want to tell her, kung ganun lang din pala, sana nagbuntis na lang din ako ng maaga, tutal suportado naman pala nila kami. Yung mga supposed teachings nila when we were young, eh drama lang pala yung mga yun eh. Kaswerte naman my brother, whenever he has problems, he doesn't have to face the consequences because the parents are there to do it for him. Eh paano na pag wala na sila? Ako ba sasalo niyan at dadalawa lang kami? Taena.

CITIgirl_04

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 01:43:48 pm »
Tried talking with my mother, ang sagot sa akin is hayaan ko na daw. At least kumita naman daw ng pera kuya ko sa free business na binigay nila dun sa free house na binigay din nila. I want to tell her, kung ganun lang din pala, sana nagbuntis na lang din ako ng maaga, tutal suportado naman pala nila kami. Yung mga supposed teachings nila when we were young, eh drama lang pala yung mga yun eh. Kaswerte naman my brother, whenever he has problems, he doesn't have to face the consequences because the parents are there to do it for him. Eh paano na pag wala na sila? Ako ba sasalo niyan at dadalawa lang kami? Taena.

grabe super relate naman ako haha.. yung word na 'hayaan na'? Ang sabi sa book of Proverbs 13:24 'If you punish your son, you love him. If you don't correct your son, you don't love him'. Ok lang sana ang tumulong, pero kung sobra-sobra na na tipong hindi na nila kayang tumayo sa sariling paa nila eh mali na yun. Sabi nga ni Jesus, "don't give man a fish, instead teach him to catch some fish".
Kasi yung aking bro hangga't nakikita na sinusuportahan at pinagtatanggol siya ng mom ko hindi talaga matutututo yun.


^Hay, paano mo nga ba patitigilin yung pasaway at yung enabler ng pasaway? Pareho sila sakit sa ulo. Parang we can't do anything but tell them how we feel, and just let them sort things out themselves. I foresee my relationship with my family will be the same as brattybrat01's in the near future. Oh well, it's their lives, ika nga.

Been there, done that, ika nga. Name it nasabi na ata namin lahat. Nagalit na kami, naging mabait, nag-try mag-reach out,nagbigay ng advise,umalis ng bahay, bumalik, yet everything's the same. Nagbabago panandalian pero after a while ganun na naman. Pinagpe-pray ko na lang sila kay Lord kasi kung sa sarili kong kakayanan, hindi ko na talaga sila kayang baguhin, pero si Lord Jesus na all-powerful eh kayang palambutin ang puso ng kahit na sino at baguhin ang buhay ng kahit na sino according to his will and purpose. :)

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 12:16:14 am »
Alam mo sis, malabo ng magbago pa ang parents mo kung forever na ganyan ang setup.  Or kung may magbabago man, matatagalan pa siguro yan.  Ganyan din ang situation ng family ng husband ko.  Bunso sha, with 2 pairs of kuya and ate - one pair living abroad, while yung other pair na parehong walang kwenta and asa sa magulang nila andito.  My husband is the least materialistic of his siblings kaya laging "lugi" pagdating sa kaperahan sa pamilya nila because my in-laws are well-off.  Ako pa nga ang lumalabas na mukang pera tuwing sasabihin ko sa kanya na i-assert nya ang sarili nya hehe.  Pero ayaw talga nya eh.  Mas mabuti na daw na we make our own money and not owe them anything.  Kaya pag umaarangkada ang magaling kong BIL and SIL at ginagawang ATM ang in-laws ko, tahimik lang sha kasi alam nya wala namang mangyayari na.  Kumbaga he and his other siblings abroad have already said their piece.

But you what, sis, siguro nga may hope pa din kasi the last couple of years, mejo naghigpit na ang in-laws ko dun sa bums.   My [textspeak!] bought the bum kuya a new Fortuner 2 years ago.  Ginoyo lang nya [textspeak!] ko into buying it para daw may newer and bigger vehicle sila tuwing nagbabakasyon dito (my in-laws live in Canada na kasi and yearly ang uwi nila), pero ang totoo nun eh para sa kanya din yun kasi sa kanya nakapangalan and shempre 2 months every year lang andito ang in-laws ko so the rest of the year, solong solo nya at ng pamilya nya ang sasakyan.  Napansin namin starting 2012 siguro yun, tuwing andito sila, kay hubby na sila nagpapa-drive and hindi sa kuya nya, and kadalasan sa bahay namin naka-park yung sasakyan kasi pinapauwi ni [textspeak!] kay hubby.  And yung mga papeles ng mga properties nila dito, kay hubby lahat pinatago haha.  Sinabihan pa ni [textspeak!] si hubby na wag mong sasabihin sa kuya mo na nasayo yan, kasi nung last na uwi nila, hinahanap daw ni kuya yung mga papeles. 

Pray, pray, pray ka nalang siguro na maliwanagan ang parents mo, and more importantly, yung kuya mo.  I also agree with you na wag kang lumayo sa kanila.  Make sure na lumaki ang anak mo na malapit sa grandparents nila. 

Also, have you tried talking to your brother?  Baka ngayon adults na kayo pareho eh mas maging receptive yan pag pinagsabihan/kinausap mo.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 01:26:11 am »
Ok so di lang pala ako ang nag-iisang ganito. ikaela, wanna rant over coffee? haha

We're 2 siblings, older brother then me, in a middle-class family. Whatever we have now, everything came from my parents' sweat, blood, and tears. Galing sila pareho sa hirap kaya nung sa family namin, they vowed to make a better life for us. So they did kaya siguro sobrang nabbwisit ako na walang pake yung isa sa pinaghirapan ng mga magulang ko.

Nakapagtapos naman siya ng college pero nauna ako ng ilang years. May stable job siya pero sobrang baba ng income. I guess kasi di naman siya magaling (feeling lang) kaya di nappromote at di rin makalipat ng ibang company.

So what's the problem? Feeling mayaman! Makabili ng gamit at maka-gimmick akala mo milyonaryo. No savings at all pag emergencies na manghihingi ng pera. ATM ang peg ng mga tao para sa kanya.
Maxed out credit cards at kung ano ano pang utang left and right. Nung nabigyan ng extension sa CC ng magulang ako, namax out din tapos sila nagbayad.

Mahilig din siya magsinungaling about everything (di mo na alam ano totoo sa hindi) just to get money from relatives/friends. Ok sana kung extra money yun ng relatives pero hindi eh. Sa friends naman, nakakahiya kasi I know some of them from college, sa akin na sila nagfollow up ng mga utang niya. There are even some people na di ko talaga kilala and they PM me in FB na sabihan ko daw bayaran sila!

I've tried everything. Nandiyan yung heart-to-heart talk, tough love, talk to parents, etc. Nothing's changed at all. Through the years, all these gave me are stress and different kinds of sickness because of stress.

My parents know about this pero they choose to ignore me. This part hurts kasi andun nga yung feeling na unfair. Parang mas pinipili nila yung mali eh growing up, they taught a lot of values this values that pero ngayon parang wala na yun tinapon na sa bintana.
They keep saying din na dalawa lang daw sila paano daw pag wala na sila? Well, sorry na lang siya kung di siya umayos because I'm not going to support him given this condition na ang sarap ng buhay niya naka-asa lang lagi sa iba.

People keep telling me to "let it go" but I can't because I want to protect my parents. Ayoko dumating yung time na lahat ng naipundar nila eh maglaho dahil sa kaartehan ng anak nila. If that time comes, sino ba sasalo, di ba ako din? Kaya kong tiisin my good-for-nothing brother but my parents, I can't, even if they keep choosing to support him.

I'm getting married soon and got a condo with my Fiance (as in savings namin yun). Then recently sabi ng parents ko hanap daw ako condo tapos patitirahin dun yung kapatid ko. Huwaaaat?! Napipikont talaga ako kasi they should be preparing for their retirement home pero inuuna pa nila yung anak nila. Instead of him taking care of our parents, baliktad ang nangyayari.

Anyway, the other day I was talking to friends and asked if what I feel is selos or what. Ang sinagot lang sakin ng guy friend ko, kaya daw ganyan ang parents ko dahil yung kapatid ko ang lalaki na nagdadala ng pangalan ng pamilya namin. So ayaw daw nila mapahiya. Eh kung ganun why not turuan nila ng leksyon para umayos di ba? At hindi pa ba kahihiyan etong mga pinaggagawa niya?

Oh well.. sometimes I feel it's easier to just stop caring and let them do whatever with their lives.. but it's not possible kasi it's my parents who I love and I'd do much for them :'(

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: Parents who favor the black sheep in the family
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 05:00:40 am »
sis, save yourself some trouble and pagbabago will never happen....EVER!
we cannot change our parents, brothers, etc and our hopes na someday marealize nila pagkukulang nila/ bad decisions, hindi na mangyayari yun. in a way sa inyong dalawa mas swerte ka dahil you are able to survive, your a fighter, hindi mo kelangan magulang mo para magbigay sa iyo, to support you. ang kapatid mo wala nun, hindi dahil sa ginusto nya kundi he is made that way and he will never change.

so save yourself some trouble and free yourself from them but it doesn't mean na hindi ka na makipag-kita pero i-limit mo na kasi the more you will know about their bruhaha the more masasaktan ka lang. and never as in never na umasa na may maibibigay sa iyo magulang mo.  kung may ipamana thank you kung lahat sa brother mo thank you din. mahirap gawin pero yun lang masasabi ko the more na iisipin mo sila the more na ma-stress ka lang. ikwento ko rin experience ko dyan next medyo mahaba lang kasi.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close