Author Topic: What keeps you motivated at work?  (Read 13562 times)

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
What keeps you motivated at work?
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:21:59 pm »
Share naman kayo guys :-)

Minsan kase i feel na im losing motivation already, cant say it's because of workload or salary or work environment (because seriously, i think all of those are ideal sa work ko at least on my standards).

I want to hear how you overcome the lack of motivation (or laziness, whichever) para naman mainspire tayo lahat :-)
...all adventurous women do.

airish_2

• Super GirlTalker
  • You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Re: What keeps you motivated at work?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48:39 am »
I motivated myself by thinking those people na walang trabaho, alam kong mahirap ang trabaho pero mas mahirap ang walang trabaho. pag nabuburnout na ako i pampered myself and i do things na different sa trabaho ko.
We don't need more laws, we need implementation.

sahsah_baby

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »
I do simple motivations. Siguro dahil mababaw lang kaligayahan ko kaya kahit simpleng bagay nagpapasaya na skin. here's what I do:

1.) Nail Art -- Since I am always facing a computer and touching the keyboards, I've always had my nail art every payday! :) I enjoyed seeing my different nail arts while hitting those letters!
2.) I'm giving myself a reward during paydays -- I always satisfy my cravings. Go window shopping. Doing some interesting and new things that are not related to my work (para kahit minsan man lang makalimutan mo [textspeak!] araw araw mong ginagawa! Haha)
3.) Inhale & Exhale -- doing this breathing exercise every morning will help you to brighten up your day!
It really works! I have learned it from Bro. Bo Sanchez during the Feast. Inhale God's love and exhale the negativity on your mind.
4.) Look for a crush -- Haha! It do helps you be motivated to go to work everyday so you could see him. Inspiration lang naman e. Para pag nakikita mo sya, mapapasmile ka na lang :) Mas maganda kung magkasama kayo sa department or sa certain project. Wiiiiiheee!!
5.) Think about your family -- We all have our own family and they may be the reason why we were working. Aside of course in supplying our personal needs. Everything that we do is for them, so think about them and your dreams for them. It will push and inspire you to work happily.  ;D

robin.scherbatsky

• GirlTalker
    • Pig Out Sessions!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:09:23 am »
Keeping in mind that even though di na ako ganun ka busy (mostly team monitoring and client interfacing), I worked hard to get where I am right now and not everyone is as blessed as me. Just look at the brighter side and quit complaining. Pamper or treat yourself from time to time and invest in things you love or things that will benefit you in the future. :)
It is only wishful thinking until you take the first irreversible step forward.

Pig Out Sessions!

aoshi_01

• Fabulously Plus-Sized
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 05:05:23 am »
When I got transferred to a new LOB (Inbound Sales), I got more motivated to work.

- I enjoy the people I work with.
- Surprisingly, I actually enjoy doing sales. I get a kick out of seeing the numbers on my excel sheet tracker grow.
- I always keep this simple formula in mind: incentives = pangtustos ng luho (manipedis and clothing are not free)
Courtesy is not expensive & can pay big dividends.

I Blog
I Tumbl
I Tweet

insanelypurpleprincess

• OC. Bookworm. Foodie. Traveler. Dreamer. Lifelong Learner.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Live. Love. Laugh. Carpe Diem!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 03:11:46 pm »
Love for the kids! It's always exciting to come to class everyday and looking forward to the next cute thing that the kids will say or do. Perhaps, I found in this career what makes me happiest and that is to see kids learn and grow... Seeing the progress and change in behavior in the pupils just simply makes it all worthwhile. Plus, knowing that we're shaping the minds of the future leaders of this country / world makes it really challenging... We vow to help prepare children to face the real world, one child at a time!

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 03:44:50 am »
^teaching is very fulfilling. sabi nila teachers are born daw. there are people who just naturally excels at it.

-----

I was reading some articles on demotivation, and feeling ko sometimes i feel demotivated because of the lack of challenge. I have been professionally teaching for almost 4 years now, and because teaching in college is not the usual 8-5 job, feeling ko madalas wala akong structure. Because I teach mostly the same subjects, I feel like I no longer have to prepare, I no longer have to step up my game kase in my head, eh uulitin ko lang naman ginawa ko last year.

I remember one conference I attended, the speaker spoke about "Disney attitude" at work. She said that as professionals, we have to do our jobs everytime like we're on a Disney show -- performance level dapat everyday. Sadly, lately, sa part na yan ako nagkakaproblem.
...all adventurous women do.

baliwsayo

• love love love
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • The best camera is the one that's with you ;-)
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 02:00:03 pm »
Pag masyado na akong magaling para sa work ko, sinasabi ko sa boss ko na dagdagan ako ng load. Lol! Seriously, I love challenge kasi. Nang di na ako ma-challenge, nagpa-pirate na ako sa ibang company. Ayan.. sobrang dami naman challenge dito.. kaya be careful what you wish for talaga eh. Lol! Isip ko na lang sayang ang laki ng sweldo ko tsaka kailangan ko ng bragging rights na ako ang nakaayos ng sistema dito.  ;D
Cause I'm happy...

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 04:06:11 pm »
Money and the fact that I've established rapport with my colleagues. My boss is a different story, though. Lol

Dumadating ako sa point na gustong gustong gusto ko na talagang mag resign dahil 'di ko na ma-take ugali ng boss ko, pero bukod sa wala akong mahanap na mas okay sa trabaho ko ngayon, hindi yata matanggap ng ego ko na magreresign ako over something shallow haha.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 10:00:54 am »
my current motivations at work -- being able to work on dayshift, proximity of my home to my work place, flexibility at work (work at home during some days of the week), was able to shift to my target job/assignment without any effects on my current pay. 
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

sunako16

• GirlTalker
  • i'm so happy and contented! :)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:11:07 pm »
 ???

iniisip ko nalang na mas mahirap ang walang trabaho, ang hirap ng work ko,
first time ako maging manager kaya talagang stressful food industry pa at sinamahan pa ng mga boss na puro nalang mali mo ang nakikita nila... :( nakakalungkot...

iniisip ko din yung asawa ko wala pa kasi siyang trabaho kaya kailangan ko munang magtiis kahit di na ko masaya sa trabaho ko
God is forever good! :) I trust Him with all of my heart...

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 10:25:12 pm »
1) i get work at home 3-4 times a week.

2) client and counterparts are very appreciative of what i do for them.

3) my manager is cool and mabait.

insanelypurpleprincess

• OC. Bookworm. Foodie. Traveler. Dreamer. Lifelong Learner.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Live. Love. Laugh. Carpe Diem!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 11:54:40 pm »

I was reading some articles on demotivation, and feeling ko sometimes i feel demotivated because of the lack of challenge. I have been professionally teaching for almost 4 years now, and because teaching in college is not the usual 8-5 job, feeling ko madalas wala akong structure. Because I teach mostly the same subjects, I feel like I no longer have to prepare, I no longer have to step up my game kase in my head, eh uulitin ko lang naman ginawa ko last year.

I remember one conference I attended, the speaker spoke about "Disney attitude" at work. She said that as professionals, we have to do our jobs everytime like we're on a Disney show -- performance level dapat everyday. Sadly, lately, sa part na yan ako nagkakaproblem.

Hey simang... I never taught college in the academe, so what do I really know right? But maybe I can share a little about what we do in PreSchool. Well, it's not always a 'WE' since "WE" would mean every single one in our team... So I will just speak for myself. I keep myself motivated by looking at the work output of the other Teachers. When I see activities that they do in class that I feel I can use as well, I readily try out these new fresh ideas. I have been teaching practically the same thing as well in the last few years, but the difference is... I can't seem to find contentment in my style.. I am always on the look out for better ways to get it done. Perhaps, if you can find the time to gather inspiration from how others do things, then that could help you redefine your entire outlook. Also, because these are kids that I work with, I like getting to know them better. So, if say I know that a group of kids like animals, I find ways to use animals in some way to capture their attention. Perhaps, if you'd like to immerse further and find out what makes your class be more into it.. then the passion would burn up and once you see the desire from them, it is impossible not to be inspired. Not sure if I said something that you don't already know, but I am hoping that this helps. Sabi ko nga, 'inggetera' ako sa mga magagaling sa teachers, kaya everytime I see something awesome, I would always jump the gun and ask permission if I can use their approach. I guess, being envious in this case is working to my advantage because I seem to always want to level up for the kids and for myself, too!

---

Another thing that keeps me motivated at work is having people who truly share the same passion and dedication as I do. Whenever we're all seated in a room, it's inspiring to see that we share the same vision and belief for what it is that we do. We would sometimes say that, we're doing more than what others do, then we stop ourselves to be reminded that... our goal is not to be like everyone else, we always want to do something that others don't... not because we're mayabang or para masabing magaling kami.. but because we really do care what happens to these pupils and we do know that the future really belongs to them, so we better make sure that they're ready for that.

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 11:36:57 am »
Having good relationships with your officemates is a big help talaga.  Very important kasi sa akin ang work environment, ayoko ng magulo, yung maraming tension and nega.  I work well when okay ang officemates ko, and it has always been one of the biggest reasons bakit ako nagstastay sa isang company.  It feels great to know na supported ka and that you have each other's back.  Mas effective to na motivator kaysa sa tyrannical management style.  Mas ginaganahan ako to give it my best dahil I want the team to do well din.

Super important din ang interests outside of work.  It doesn't need to be expensive or complicated, basta pamparelax and nakakatulong sa pag grow.  I like to read and go window shopping, talk to friends...pang-unwind and de-stress.  Helps keep me from getting burned out at work.  Kahit yung simpleng taking a walk outside during our breaks, nakatulong sa amin ng officemates ko nung stressed kami.  Treats like these help remind us na there's more to life than work and na we have these things to look forward to during our breaks or after work.

Nakakatulong din ang may crush sa work, the kilig factor helps give you the extra energy especially on those long days :)

Believing in what you're doing is also one of the best ways to stay motivated.  When you love what you do and when believe na it has value, gaganahan ka magtrabaho.

catblox

• GirlTalker
    • ServiceSeeking Careers in Manila
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »
I think finding motivation and keeping yourself motivated depends a lot on character, personality, and life stage. Ako kasi go lang ng go medyo mahaba-haba ang battery ko. I've been in the same field for 18 years so I guess i just love what i mostly do. Challenges always come anyway partly because i'm constantly trying to do better or approach work from a different angle so it never is the same sh*t. hehe. I don't know I guess that's just how I'm wired. Other things help of course, but the work I do itself creates more work and problems, lol. So ang tanong talaga for people na usually motivated eh ano ang major demotivators. 2 instances lang so far yung totally demotivated me: seeing the boss I idolize have an affair with another boss when my own parents were breaking up and when I myself was reeling from a major heartbreak. Kung walang ganun go lang ng go!

So maybe when you feel you need motivation, also ask yourself what has demotivated you. Kung matanggal yun, eh di motivated na uli. :)
:yoji:

khaleesiCersei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 12:55:10 am »
1. incentives/money
2. working environment
3. career advancement.

switblububbles

• GT Addict
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Change is the ONLY thing permanent in this world
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 03:06:48 pm »
Im super bored with my job...Just dragging myself to work everyday to pay the bills and have money for my family's expenses. :(
I'm INLOVE with GirlTalk! My day is incomplete without it . . . Mwah! :-*

I learned that being a GIRL is really complicated but fun. :)

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 11:22:04 am »
Awwww sis switblububbles :(  I hope things change for the better soon.  Dumaan na ako sa ganyan and it's not a nice feeling.  It's hard enough pag may challenges sa work, pero mas mahirap kayanin yun when you don't like your job.

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
  • blessed | favored | loved
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 07:04:01 pm »
passion and pay :)
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 07:30:41 pm »
1. passion
2. quest for further learning/development
3. pay
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close