watch now

Author Topic: Cebu Thread 16 (check pg. 1 for Map/Ferry Scheds/Places to stay/Tourist Spots)  (Read 60900 times)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^really, sis? Have they renovated the place na? Last time I was there a few years back the hotel was looking a bit tired and their rooms badly needed refurbishment. Their breakfast buffet was so-so lang. Quite a far cry when it was still the Cebu Plaza.

rocky

  • Guest
^is Quest better than Crown Regency in Osmena Circle? Balak namin sa Crown Regency magstay for our trip next year
never pa ako naka-stay sis sa crown regency. sa quest ilang beses na kasi friendly yong mga staff & masarap din food nila. saka mas gusto ko kasi tapat ng ayala para pag may bibilhin kami sa mall tawid lang & dami ring resto ;)

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
^really, sis? Have they renovated the place na? Last time I was there a few years back the hotel was looking a bit tired and their rooms badly needed refurbishment. Their breakfast buffet was so-so lang. Quite a far cry when it was still the Cebu Plaza.

^ I know that they did some tweaking here and there to improve the rooms. Back then, when they first took over, the look of the hotel was really a bit tired and old, but now, I saw the improvements. Can't vouch though if it was across the board all room types. As for the breakfast buffet, I knew of a time when it was so-so lang, but they're also working on being better on that end. I also can't speak of comparisons for when it was still Cebu Plaza, since I haven't been here long enough. Di ko inabutan na Cebu Plaza pa siya. Also, how long ago has it been since your last stay in Marco Polo Plaza Cebu? Though if you ask me, there are a ton other new places sprouting and they're quite competitive, too. The Marco Polo Cebu is, however, not yet at par with other Marco Polo properties I have been to during our travels.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^stayed there during a business trip in 2011. I wasn't too happy with my stay. It was a letdown since I've stayed at their HKG properties and couldn't help but compare. Good to know they are doing something to improve both their rooms and F&B. Nothing wrong with being an old hotel as long as it is well-maintained and service is good.

The hotel used to be PAL's crew hotel when it was still the Cebu Plaza kaya we were always billeted there. My cousins also used to work there kaya it was our default hotel in Cebu until it closed down and got bought by MP. I agree with you though that there are a lot of newer and more competitive hotels/resorts now.


insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
^ It's been 3 years, so the changes / improvements have been gradually enforced, so they're not so bad naman, but again, still far from what HK has to offer. But given the chance to choose, I'd still go for the newer hotels for the experience. Come by Cebu again and try to see :)

rocky

  • Guest
^yong mandarin plaza sobrang laki sana yong room & maganda. pati location kasi katabi lang sya ng quest & tapat ng ayala ;) di ko lang gusto service & food, pati pool panget, ang liit & parang hindi nililinis. napapanood ka pa ng mga construction workers sa tapat ng ayala :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:45:14 am by rocky »

kristinebarrios

  • Guest
I think I will consider Quest Hotel na. Habol ko lang sa Crown Regency is yung Larsian sa tapat nila and the skyride. I called Quest today and spoke with them, may sakayan daw ng jeep naman sa tapat ng Ayala. Anyway food trip and sightseeing naman habol ko. Nakaplot ko na puntahan ang Magellan's Cross and food trip sa CNT and Zubuchon. As in bakasyon lang talaga ang habol ko, as much as I want to explore Cebu hindi naman kaya ng time and masyado na magastos hehe.

rocky

  • Guest
^yes sis tawid ka lang nandon na yong terminal ng multicab sa ayala. pero wag kang masyadong mag-expect sa larsian ha, parang turo2x lang sya. try mo rico's mas masarap lechon nila kesa zubuchon & CnT :P

miss ko na cebu, sana august na para makauwi uli & sayted ng kumain ng lechon sa fiesta ;D

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
kristinebarrios, sis Quest Hotel will be a better option if you'd like a central location that is quite close to everything. Like you said, you just wanted to experience Larsian and so coming from the Ayala, Larsian is just one ride away. You can take the Jeepney route 06H for that. If you opt to take a cab, it should just be a quick ride as well. If you also want to go to Crown Regency for their various activities, you may also just go from the Ayala area, 1 jeepney ride still, take 14D and you can alight at the area right across Crown Regency. You just need to cross the street thereafter. As for the Lechon options, CNT is the top choice if you like your lechon really salty - and this lechon place is practically everywhere, so you can take your pick. As for Zubuchon, try their Zubuchon for the experience, but also consider ordering their other specialties. They have this stuffed squid with lechon sisig that is simply to die for. Also for Zubuchon, try to see if you want to try their slow cooked adobo and get their Iba shake, too!!! How long will you be here anyway? Let us know, so we can make suggestions on how you can enjoy your trip without burning a hole in your pocket.

rocky

  • Guest
^na-curious naman ako sa stuffed squid with lechon sisig. ma-try nga yan ;)

mindee

  • Guest
cebu is one of my options for our weekend vacation. major tourist spots and beach, kaya lang pricey pala sa mactan island. hehe.  :o

rocky

  • Guest
^yes, first class mga resort don sis. pero kung beach hanap mo mas ok sa camotes, bantayan or malapascua & mas mura accommodation. yon nga lang effort byahe :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^^If you're in no hurry abangan mo yung annual sale ng Shangri-La. They usually have it Sep-Oct. They usually offer 30-40% off on room rates and mga B1T1 on their meal buffets. Good for one year din ang validity ng mga vouchers nila.

mindee

  • Guest
^^yes sis rocky effort talaga. baka bohol na lang kami pag ganon kalayo byahe. hehe.

^thank you sis mama squeak abangan ko sale nila. tamang tama sept or oct plan namin.

thank you sisses!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:20:44 pm by mindee »

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
^ mindee, not too sure if they will have another round for these vouchers for discounted rates. The last one already happened in March 2014, but just in case meron ulit, I will let you know. Anyway, if it's just for the weekend, maybe you'd like to splurge a little on any one of the resorts in Mactan. If you go Shangri-La, Imperial Palace, Abaca, Plantation Bay, Crimson or Movenpick, medyo pricey, pero sulit naman. You can always also opt for others, but won't be as awesome nga lang. Try to see if Be Resort works for you or Best Western.


^na-curious naman ako sa stuffed squid with lechon sisig. ma-try nga yan ;)

^ Yes, sis rocky! You should. It's really good!!! :) By the way, Rico's lechon is awesome when ordered as an entire lechon. But so far ha? If you decide to dine at the Rico's outlet at The Ridges in Mabolo, for some reason, it's not as amazing! I don't know why. But maybe when we go, we always tend to get not too nice parts. I just don't know if bad timing lang talaga.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^^sis, Shangri-La has two major sales in a year, the Paradise Rush sale held last March was in Cebu. While the sale in Manila is every 3rd to last quarter of the year that they sometimes call Pre-Holiday sale. I've been availing of their promo three years in a row na. So if you're from Cebu easier for you to get the 1st-2nd quarter promo while us from Manila we get the Pre-Holiday promo.

By the way, would you know what resort (?) ) or condos(?) not sure kung tapos na is being built near the Shangrila-La? They share the same coast line and hubby and I were wondering kung may bago na resort dun.

rocky

  • Guest
^^di ko pa na-try kumain sa resto ng rico's sis. yong buong lechon yong natikman ko, gift ng client. for pasalubong naman masarap din yong ayer's, yon ang binibili ko kasi may store sila sa labas ng airport bago ka pumasok sa departure area ;)

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
^^sis, Shangri-La has two major sales in a year, the Paradise Rush sale held last March was in Cebu. While the sale in Manila is every 3rd to last quarter of the year that they sometimes call Pre-Holiday sale. I've been availing of their promo three years in a row na. So if you're from Cebu easier for you to get the 1st-2nd quarter promo while us from Manila we get the Pre-Holiday promo.

By the way, would you know what resort (?) ) or condos(?) not sure kung tapos na is being built near the Shangrila-La? They share the same coast line and hubby and I were wondering kung may bago na resort dun.

mama squeak!, ahhhhh... pretty much we pay attention to the one that's more accessible for us here. I seriously don't make the purchases myself --- always dependent on our Mum (that way she pays for it!) That Pre-Holiday promo, I would like to also see what I can get by then. Thanks for the heads up!

No idea what resort or condo is being built near that area. I am guilty of not paying attention. Whenever I go to that area, it's always either to stay at Shangri-La or Movenpick. Minsan we also go to just hang at Be Resort para mas cost efficient and dinner at Abaca for really special occasions :) So, sorry, I have no update talaga!


^^di ko pa na-try kumain sa resto ng rico's sis. yong buong lechon yong natikman ko, gift ng client. for pasalubong naman masarap din yong ayer's, yon ang binibili ko kasi may store sila sa labas ng airport bago ka pumasok sa departure area ;)

^ rocky, I love the spicy lechon from Rico's. Try mo na lang next time to dine at that Rico's restaurant so you can tell the difference :) As for Ayer's lechon, I also never tried pa ata. I see it all the time, but never tried pa. Yeah, I remember seeing them outside the airport. There's Zubuchon inside, pero why buy inside when you can buy it ahead of time diba? Usually though, it's always CnT for pasalubong kasi my family is friends with the family who runs CnT, so we can easily and readily request. Plus their pick up point is quite near our home, so it has proven to be very convenient for us :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^Hubby and I fell in love with Abaca! We spent our birthday celebration there last year. Wrote about it in my blog too. Pang special occasion talaga sya. We're hoping to go back soon. While Our quick getaway has always been Shangrila-La and of course spa treatments at Chi Spa. Then off to Zubuchon and Matias!

Since Cebu is easy to get to, I've been on the look out for new resorts to try there. I just hope it's up to the standards of Shangri-La or better.

rocky

  • Guest
^^out of way kasi sis, pag galing akong carmen derecho na ng airport. tapos umaga usually flight ko para derecho din pasok sa office. hehe! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close