^Yes There are ways to achieve life-work balance & have it all. You can prioritize both family & self. A happy woman is a happy wife & mom.
IMO, the risk with sabbaticals or not working for a couple of years -- you step out of the competitive line-up. Sure, work is work but well... for others, work & pay isn't enough -- it's gotta be a career forever in advance with you preferably ahead of the majority.

Likewise, a business is seldom possible to put in the freezer. That's why had I the inclination for it -- I would've chosen to be a doctor or dentist. You can establish a clinic/practice, train alternatives & go on long vacations/leaves. When you decide to go back or go full-blast, you only need to update your specialization & you're back in business.
Like DYEWEL, I just organize my day & do my best on all fronts, for all my life roles.
I am a businesswoman in a very competitive field. I make quality time, for example: I see my kids off to school, with the assistance of yayas & house staff. As in, I have time to talk to each kid & prep him/her for school with encouragement & positivity every day, coz I am not the one rushing to cook to put breakfast on the table, make baon, & rush the kid through his/her morning toilette, or drive the kids to school. So chill lang and smiles & hugs & jokes sa breakfast table. During exam days -- I ride with them to school to further impress my concern & involvement in their day.
They all go to our head office after school where we have a family room. So, we have time for meals, & I get to look over their homeworks/project rqmnts. I have brought kids and yayas along on some business meetings or project inspections. We want our kids to become entrepreneurs. So, it is important they get the feel of what being in business is like. They learn like for example, By the age of 6 or 7, my kids know the concept of no voucher, no check; no support docus, no voucher; etc etc. They are able to differentiate the different levels of approvals & rqmnts for check payments thereof. They can write out a check correctly, based on vouchers -- with all the periods, commas, caps in place correctly. They develop a respectful professional demeanor towards all - including drivers, laborers, etc.
It is a matter of stretching one's self to accommodate both family & career/business. Sure, it's tiring.
But of course, others prefer a totally domestic life. More time for charities/hobbies/sports & other interests. Nothing wrong with that. My mom chose that life -- no career, more of social life, concentration on my dad, her personal pursuits. BUT she has her way of being financially dependent too.
The important thing is -- a woman does not surrender an aspect of her self/life coz she thinks she can't do it all or do it all well.
It can all be done, and be done well -- if you want it all. Just don't go for perfection on all fronts -- that's gonna set you up for a lotta disappointment. .
Just be honest with yourself & go for whatever life you want. Do not be shy, do not be pulled back. Do not believe it can't be done with grace and success. Just be honest that you don't use 1 role of your life as the excuse for giving up another role. If you don't get satisfaction, you may unfairly blame others for your regrets later on.
What am I trying to say? Never underestimate yourself. You can do as much as you want.