Hi sis! Idol ko rin si Guy Tang. Been following him ever since I learned about his works.
Been bleaching my hair since the start of the year so I guess I can give some good advice on this topic.
♥ First thing to do it asses your hair. Is it thick or thin? (The strands)If it's thick, then you can go ahead and use a 30 volume developer. and It can probably handle bleaching it thrice without damage. That is if you follow it with keratin treatment right away. Syempre check it if kaya pa nya before bleaching again.
♥ Don't use hbc bleach and deveoper. That one made my hair brittle and snaps off. I suggest mondes bleach and developer. Maybe try other professional bleach products.
♥ If your going to bleach up to the scalp, I highly suggest not washing your hair for 2-3 days so that there will be a barrier of your natural oil to protect your scalp.
♥ Start bleaching at the bottom or tips of your hair. That way, it will look even because bleach works a lot faster nearing the scalp.
♥ I think the coconut oil is best used only on already light hair or fragile hair. If your hair is black or dark kasi, you'll have to bleach it around 3 times and that might just give you orangey brassy hair or a medium blonde shade.
♥ Also mind the nape area. Those part are the toughest to bleach so do those areas first if you don't want to get darker brassy hair there.
♥ Now if you're already blonde, Lower the developer volume even more. Less damage and you really don't need higher lift anyway.
♥ Stock up on keratin treats and shampoos. You can use the treats as conditioner.
♥
After coloring with Special Effects advice: try to shampoo less often.
♥ Depending on the color of your Special Effects dye, you may have to bleach it to pale yellow then toned to get a good base. If not, yellow will affect your hair color result. Might not be cute. For example: blue will become greenish. Pink will become orangey/yellowy pink? Purple will have less effect depending on the strength because it will counteract the yellow color.
IMO, my hair has been healthier bleached. I quote Guy Tang on that. You know those frizzy thick hairs? It smoothened out after bleaching. Made my hair kind of softer too. Though it take so much longer to dry.