watch now

Author Topic: Liz Uy  (Read 10352 times)

manhattanite

  • Guest
Liz Uy
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:53:51 pm »
I think considered na celebrity in her own right na din si Liz Uy  :)  I know madaming hindi nagagandahan sa kanya, but I like her.  She's simple, pretty at mukang mabait din.  And given her job, she's always chic and elegant-looking.  Even if her barkada are all your typical gorgeous girls, she seems comfortable in her own skin and lately she's been very blooming.  I follow her on IG and sha na ang new thinspiration ko  ;D  Parang bigla shang pumayat ng bongga. 

Kayo mga sis do you like her?  Share kayo ng info about her I'd love to know more :)

RichV

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 03:06:21 pm »
I like her too and I also feel some of the criticism leveled against her is unfair. For me she doesn't come across as feeling pretty or mayabang, unlike siguro some of the people she is associated with. And she rose up the ranks through hard work and talent and she is generally considered one of the best stylists today.

Manhattanite, I don't follow her on Instagram so I don't know how thin she looks now but hasn't she always been kinda skinny?

Who is she dating now?


msnowhere

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »
GRABEEE!!! Ang payat na liz. Parang may sakit.

sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »
Super payat niya ngayon, mas okay yung dati  :(  I love how she style celebrities  :D

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 05:12:46 pm »
@RichV - I think she was slim before, but not skinny like she is now.  Not sure who she's dating pero I remember reading in PEP dati that she was dating this director daw (not Lino Cayetano, though). 

RichV

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 10:06:22 am »
^ Thanks for the info :)

Tuloy after reading this thread, I checked her Instagram. She looks good, actually since I never really paid that much attention to her before I can't see the difference in her body. But I think she is just the right type of skinny, not too thin at all...just right. And well toned arms!

Her hair looks good too!


sistah!

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 10:35:34 am »
^ yes her hair looks good! much better than when it was very long. she looks fresher and younger.

I also feel that some of the criticisms about her were too much and uncalled for. she's friends with a lot of celebrities so it's kinda unfair to say that she's ugly or feeling or maarte. I think she's actually pretty cool.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 12:00:21 pm »
I like Liz Uy, too, and find the criticism about her looks so bakya Pinoy mentality -- maputi, mestiza, at half-breed na lang ba ang laging maganda?

Checked out her Instagram and yes, grabe ang pagka-payatola! You can already see the difference in these two pictures: http://web.stagram.com/p/546125300678312194_21149655 vs. http://web.stagram.com/p/548221854226629035_21149655

AnJelatine

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 12:06:01 pm »
^ Sana ibalik niya yung dati niyang body. Mas bagay sakaniya. Baka stressed.

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 01:04:02 pm »
Yay Liz! I've always loved her! Such a talented stylist.
Love this shorter hairstyle on her. Definitely flatters her.

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »
Anyone here who bought her book?  I've been seeing her on TV a lot leading to the release date of her book.  Infair sa management nya ha, galing mag promote  ;D

And I must say she really looks good.  Even my younger brother who didn't like her before said that she's pretty na haha.  Do you think it's because pumayat lang sha or makeup or she had something done?  Para kasing may nagbago sa eyes and cheekbones nya.  Or maybe mas may confidence kaya ganon?  Oh well, either way, blooming sha.  And I love her lip colors!

gt76

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »
I went to National Bookstore today and wanted to buy her book (Stylized), but it's not available yet. :(

alexsy

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 04:37:13 am »
sila pa ba ng bf ya? yung direktor ba yon?

Clair de Lune

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
Oooh I like her too! I also agree w/ most of the comments here. I just don't get the senseless tirade she get about her looks. In fact, I admire her cause she just seems so comfortable in her own skin. Despite not fitting into the mold of a typical 'maganda' most Filipinos perceive, she can hang out and post in pictures so effortlessly side by side w/ her so called gorgeous and mestisahin friends. Anyway, is her book worth buying ba? For someone like me who has zero fashion sense, I could use a little help.

crazy_krizsa

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 05:09:28 pm »
I wanna get a copy of her book. I know she's not that pretty and she did not project as one. I really admire her for being a good stylist.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:19:04 pm by crazy_krizsa »

jan888

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:50:04 pm »
I went to National Bookstore today and wanted to buy her book (Stylized), but it's not available yet. :(
Hi sis gt76..Diao Eng Chay or Chai (DEC) along Wilson Street in San Juan is selling her books by the check out  (cashier) counter :)

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 05:44:32 pm »
anyone who got her book na?
how was it? worth buying ba?

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »
I did.  Ayos lang, nothing ground-breaking.  Stuff you can look up online din.  I was interested to see the pics more than the fashion tips haha.

castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »
Una ko nakilala si Liz Uy dahil sa mga nega write ups and not so flattering pics nya sa FP. pero naman pag napapanood ko siya, I like her actually. Nakakatawa kasi yung pagiging "trying hard" nya magpatawa tapos ang corny. Yung tawang tawa siya sa joke nya pero ang corny tapos ang luma.  ;D

kung may pintas man kay Liz Uy, yun e yung hinde ko gusto yung boses nya. mala Ruffa G, boses lalake.

t_r_i_s_h

  • Guest
Re: Liz Uy
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 02:13:01 am »
I love her! I don't find her pretty before but I liked her eversince. Pero now grabe gumanda talaga sya and ang payaaaaat! She's the ultimate sosyal na jologs, I meant that in a positive way  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close