Author Topic: Wedding Pamahiins  (Read 107534 times)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2015, 10:15:00 am »
^ tama. Or is your bestfriend with a child but unmarried,  @ sis marelen?

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »
i'm not sure about the pamahiins din. medyo nakakalungkot nga kasi i have no MOH pa. my best friend already has a child and my mom said bawal daw yun. nahuli na kasi ako eh. hahaha!

sis kakakasal lang ng cousin ko. 4 kasi sila magkakapatid, yung dalawa may asawa na, yung isa may anak pero hindi kasal.

2 Matron of Honor, 1 Maid of Honor.

Ang cute lang.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:01 pm »
Grabe.. buti na lang we don't have pamahiins. All my male & female secondary sponsors are all married with kids na. My MOH is about to get married in the coming weeks. One of them is due to give birth pa next week. Hehe

marelen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »
Grabe.. buti na lang we don't have pamahiins. All my male & female secondary sponsors are all married with kids na. My MOH is about to get married in the coming weeks. One of them is due to give birth pa next week. Hehe

really sis?! naexcite naman ako dun. i'll tell my mom re that. i hope she agrees. wish me luck! hahaha

zizichick

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:16 pm »
^sis, pwede na nga ngayon na lalaking maid of honor or babaeng best man, if I'm not mistaken they called them "Honor Attendant" :D

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2015, 03:59:23 pm »
really sis?! naexcite naman ako dun. i'll tell my mom re that. i hope she agrees. wish me luck! hahaha

sis marelen, we're not into pamahiin kasi pero I'm not sure baka si mommy mo kinokonsider yung mga old beliefs. Mom ko din madaming pamahiin (sa ibang bagay) but not for The wedding entourage. My hubby is in mid 30s ako naman late 20s so tendency lahat ng friends namin happily married na.. maximum of 3 kids pa yung iba.pero we're very happy na nakuha parin namin sila as abays and super excited din sila. I hope your mom would consider. Iba pa din kase if super close mo yung entourage members mo regardless if kasal na or pamilyado na :)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »
^sis, pwede na nga ngayon na lalaking maid of honor or babaeng best man, if I'm not mistaken they called them "Honor Attendant" :D

Nabalitaan ko nga Angelica Panganiban will be John Pratt's Best Man on his wedding. super best friends kasi sila.

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 06:42:22 pm »
^sis, pwede na nga ngayon na lalaking maid of honor or babaeng best man, if I'm not mistaken they called them "Honor Attendant" :D

'Man of Honor' naman ang term ng iba. :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2015, 03:42:28 pm »
Both can be used pero mas maganda yung Honor Attendant :)

Misty07

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2015, 03:51:39 am »
Hi, Mga Sissies :)

Newbie here... Kakabook lang namin ng Church and Venue for our wedding. ang kaso nito our chosen date was 27.. So according to Fiance's family hindi daw maganda yung date dahil pababa.. Si Fiance [textspeak!] naman [textspeak!] sinabihan nila  but I know they would question me as well. I'm so glad naka back-up yung nanay ko.. She's so modern to think na hindi tayo uunlad kakapaniwala sa pamahiin.

Sis Maxim04.. thanks for your input. Natuwa ako sa hindi nga naman tayo mga isda. I-mention ko din si Zenaida Seva :)

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2015, 01:16:17 am »
Ang scary nga sa dami ng pamahiin dito sa Ph. :(

marelen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2015, 08:46:56 am »
^^narinig ko na rin yang pamahiin tungkol sa mga number sis. kung susundin mo yan, dates with 8 and 0 lang ang pwede  :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2015, 08:37:58 am »
i want to get this particular ninang for our wedding but my mom was already the ninang on her daughter's wedding. neighbors kasi kami kaya sobrang close ng families namin. kaso bawal daw yung "solian ng kandila". sabi sa church hindi daw dapat naniniwala sa mga pamahiin. would it be such a bad thing if we go against this pamahiin? anyone here who had the same issue?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2015, 10:25:53 am »
^May ganyang pamahiin sis? My parents acted as principal sponsors for my cousins' weddings and their parents will be our principal sponsors for our wedding :) And I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. When you think about it, the reason behind pamahiins are practical during the old days (i.e., My take on some folklore: sukob for siblings to get married on the same year = too expensive and gastos for the family to spend for 2 weddings in a year; can't cut your nails at night = syempre during the old times, lamps lang so madilim baka masugat ka, etc).

That said, some pamahiins are impractical in modern days. While I still observe some of them because wala naman mawawala, I don't follow everything to the letter. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2015, 11:04:40 am »
^^ok lang yun sis.. kami naman, our ninang is ninang din ng isa naming PS. So dati mag ninang sila ngayon mag kumare na.. haha! sabi nila dati bawal din daw yon but we didn't think about that..basta samin, pag gusto namin.. kinukuha namin.. what else..my secondary sponsors. . Majority are married and with kids pa. I allowed my guests to wear black.. basta madami akong pasaway moves.. yung gown fitting di ba pamahiin din dati wag ifit..ngayon mga 5 beses pa nagfifit yung iba.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2015, 06:26:44 pm »
thanks sa reply sissies! i dont know why i got concerned about this. my mom made me follow a lot of pamahiin pero when it came to solian ng kandila, dedma na because she also wanted me to get our neighbor as ninang. labo lol.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 06:28:33 pm by bzbee »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »
So my younger brother got engaged also this week and decided to overtake my 2016 wedding by getting married in Dec. 2015. They don't want to wait till 2017 pa daw since they are both in their mid 30s and want to start having kids.

Im not big on pamahiins. But I asked them to give me a gift since I read here that if a younger sibling gets married before you then they should give you a gift. Should that fix it? Hehe well technically its my 2nd wedding so baka not needed, but to play safe I asked for a gift hehe.

Second, I just dug up my wedding gown from my 1st marriage/wedding. Is it a bad idea to bring this to a designer and ask them to redesign the gown? I already got a designer for my main gown for this wedding. However, parang na sayangan ako with my old gown and want to recycle it. Malas ba yon? To use an old gown from a failed marriage even if I have it torn up and totally redesigned? It was an intricate gown and parang I want to re-use it haha.

aylatskie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »
Hi ladies.! Please explain naman sa akin kung ano yung something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Need help! TIA

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:45 pm »
Chili, not that I ascribe to pamahiins but wouldn't you want a fresh, new gown for your upcoming wedding? Parang it's weird lang na you will say na your reception gown (I'm assuming it's for your reception since you said you got Ritchie Ortega for your ceremony) was rehashed from your first wedding? If you really like it, maybe have it converted nalang into a sunday/summer dress if possible? Just my 2 cents. :)

On the gift -- hehe like I said, even if I don't ascribe to pamahiins I wouldn't say no to my younger brother giving me a present if he ever got married ahead of me. 8) :P

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Pamahiins
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2015, 01:29:57 pm »
Hi chili. I'm not sure about the pamahiin ha, but I'm sharing my thoughts regarding the situation. Wouldn't it be offensive to your fiancé to wear a gown that you wore during your first wedding? If I were in his shoes, I'd react negatively and will shell out as much money as my fianceé needs just so she won't wear that dress. I think my fiancé will do the same in that situation. But that's just us... Hehe. Pero perhaps better if you also discuss that with your fiancé if he's okay with it. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close