Author Topic: Balance between living your life and saving for your future  (Read 15146 times)

plumpolka

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Love Marionne
Re: Balance between living your life and saving for your future
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »
Yes I think I do naman. I have 2 accounts and yung isa for savings lang talaga na hindi ko ginagalaw. I put some of my extra money/bonuses there. then yung isa is for my bills and for my travel. this year i had 4 international travels na pero hindi pa naman ako naghihirap and hindi ko parin naman nagagalaw yung savings account ko. Yun lang, hindi ako masyado mabili ng gamit. I only spend it talaga on travels.
Happiness is a choice.
www.instagram.com/love.marionne

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2015, 11:38:24 pm »
My husband and I only travel once a year. Mga 1-2 weeks vacation. That's it. My husband is not magastos at all so ako lang ang may problema sa paggastos like buying clothes, shoes, makeup at mga kung ano  anong kaartehan. So I started listing all my expenses starting last year and I was surprised and scared of the amount of expenses I had. So ngayon 2015, I aim to decrease the gastos 10-15% and aim to decrease even more by next year. Para we can save more or just spend the money that BOTH my husband and I will enjoy like dates and stuff like that.

andee55

• Probationary
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 09:28:30 pm »
Ako, Yes, kasi we believe dun sa standards na live within your means and eto nga ngayun dahil don we might be able to buy a house na :D

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »
nagi start palang kami at talaga palang mahirap kapag nagsimula ka talaga sa wala.. by God's grace paunti unti magbabalanse rin ang lahat. inuuna lang muna sa ngayon yung mga priorities na needs and maybe by next year pwede ng sundutan ng konting wants.
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

kolinetongue

• BORN AGAINST
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Fake!
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2015, 03:09:29 pm »
mahirap  i balance kung hindi enough yung source of income.

aside from government employees (we're both on govt service), we have businesses too.
Hindi kase kasya ang pasahod ng gobyerno kung dito lang iaasa ang araw araw na gastos lalo na kung may family na. hindi rin kami makapag resign because of, you know, connections na din hehe.

and yes, masasabi ko na we are enjoying our current situation now, enjoying the fruits of our labor (travels, cars, house and lot etc) and at the same time already invested for our kids' future (meron na silang mamanahin kahit papano hehe)

sabi nga nila kumayod kalabaw ka na hanggat kaya pa :P

of course, ayaw naman namin pabayaan yung mga kasama ko sa business. masama maging madamot  :P  kaya kahit papano naiaahon naman namin sila sa kahirapan.

with regards to our kids...ay yan ang pinakamahalaga...they are both Top 1 sa mga classes nila. (proud mom lang)

"I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel". – Peter Nivio Zarlenga

beachpatrol

• witty title here
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • nostalgic wander kid
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2015, 09:14:09 am »
I split my funds for spending, saving, sharing.

Spending includes monthly expenses, daily allowances. I always set aside "luho" funds para di naman ako feeling kawawa - usually I spend it on food and some shopping :)

Saving naman for investments in real estate, stocks, UITF, paluwagan, travel funds

Sharing naman for tithe, treating the family

Nothing worth having comes easy.

julsaanti

• Probationary
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:06 pm »
The most important part before saving is you have to target on what you are saving for muna, for example, you are planning to save for a condo unit, a house or for your education, it would be best na you alot a certain amount for your savings then tsaka yung sa expenses

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • To God be the Glory!!!
    • Blog
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2015, 05:04:40 am »
Work life balance. After hard work every year kami family have our out of town trip by plane and by land, to let our kids see the other side of the world at the same time kami din ni hubby ma relax, we save for travel fund.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

jazz17

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 11:46:39 pm »
Aside from bills and emergencies, meron akong savings for the future and travel. Kailangan talaga may travel fund since I love to travel and ito ang reward ko sa sarili ko. Kaya kong harapin lahat ng stress sa work as long as I know that in a few months time, I'll be out there for a new adventure in life. 😊

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 09:13:23 am »
Ako super enjoy sa buhay dalaga hehe. I admit it is pretty irresponsible, though meron naman akong konting stash for some rainy days.

Half of my money go to luho funds - shopping and travel. The other half, pambayad ng kotse. ;D Saka na siguro ako mag save ng bongga kapag medyo malapit na akong mag settle down at mag seryoso sa buhay. Sa ngayon, relax relax muna.

luckypal

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2015, 01:41:47 am »
When I was in my 20s, I had no work-life balance. Kayod kalabaw talaga because 1) when I was starting out I didn't have a high salary and I wanted to increase that with sideline and 2) I had to be independent at a young age and I wanted to improve my life. Ayun, 10 years later, I have a condo already - fully paid with a tenant so income generating and pretty good savings and investments.

So now that I'm in my mid-30s, I can relax more and enjoy life a bit more than I used to. I can say that I have balance now than I did 5-10 years ago. However, hindi naman ako magastos at conscious pa rin ako sa spending ko. Hindi porke't na-achieve ko na to, pa-easy easy nalang. I think hard work, dedication and faith really work wonders and it pays off, but it shouldn't change your principles and values in life basta't nagkapera lang.

I have several automatic deductions from my payroll that go to investments and retirement funds. I also have allocated a budget for good time spending (eating out, travel, shopping and entertainment) so I don't have to feel guilty or bad when I indulge myself in those things.
Gold is for the mistress — silver for the maid —
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
“Good!” said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
“But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all.”
Iron out of Calvary is master of men all!"
— Rudyard Kipling

milafernz

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
^ napakaganda naman po ng message nito. sa tingin ko dapat ganito rin ako e. i have to look at my long term goals. pero plan ko na rin talaga mag-resign e  :'(

luckypal

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 10:00:30 am »
^ you can do it, milafernz! just set your mind to it and always think positive. But always keep in mind that SACRIFICE is part of the deal. Grabe ako magkuripot sa sarili ko dati when I was paying for the condo kasi di pa turn over. My friends were out partying or buying clothes, ako most of my salary was going to rent and condo payments. Kaya I was doing consulting/freelancing and whatever side business I could do to augment my income. Keep the faith and do good work, the rest will follow :)
Gold is for the mistress — silver for the maid —
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
“Good!” said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
“But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all.”
Iron out of Calvary is master of men all!"
— Rudyard Kipling

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »
Siguro for the younger generation, it would be good to invest on your career for now?  Important kasi to invest on the company you're in especially if you see yourself in that company for a long time.  How else can you get a raise or a promotion if they don't see you contributing.  Yun lang naman.  As for work-life balance, don't get too upset nalang if you see other people posting vacation trips abroad or trying out new restaurants or hotels.  Save save muna ngayon for the future in case maisipan niyo mag business rather than work to be more financially independent.
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 04:13:48 pm »
Might I add invest in stocks, mutual funds, UITFS, and the like as well lalo pag bata pa lang compounding interest FTW!

Annie M.

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2016, 04:19:20 pm »
reviewed by post in this thread. sept 2015 pa pala yun. to be fair, medyo balanced na ako ngayon. not as cheap as before. the trick i did was to adjust our budget so that the travel, eating out, and entertainment portions are bigger than before. that money can't go into savings. it has to be spent. this 'forces' me to lead a more balanced life, in a way.

angelholics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2016, 02:54:58 pm »
this is timely for me, yesterday i just realistically computed my spending per day, per week to per month.. and ouch.. i am living in the present... so by facing all those huge expenses...including the unnecessary stuffs. sana next post may improvement na ako :)

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 05:09:40 pm »
Annie M: How do you compute what has to be spent vis-a-vis that has to be saved?
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

Annie M.

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:42 am »
@tealover, currently my husband and i apportion our monthly income like this:

40% - living expenses (as in groceries, gas, utilities, eating out, spending money for little things)
20% - for retirement (stocks, UITFs)
18% - travel fund
16% - saving to pay off an investment property by the time it's turned over
6% - happy money (for our wants, like fashion for me, tech stuff for the hubs)

wala talagang formula that fits all people. we just had a serious talk about what we want, what our dreams are, what our 5-year plan is, and then we agreed on this simple formula na naka-print out on a piece of paper and stuck on our refrigerator (kasi sa kusina ako usually nagbabayad/transfer online haha).

for about two years we did not even have a happy fund and travel fund kasi we built our emergency fund and paid off our mortgage. halos di rin kami kumakain sa labas because i was really intense about saving every penny! nakaka-burn out yung ganun.   

now that things are paid off, our goal is palakihin yung retirement in the next 5 years while we still have momentum and the benefit of time and compounding. gusto rin namin mabayaran na free and clear yung isang investment property para yung rental income nun, ma-enjoy namin. siguro by the time we hit our 40's we can recalibrate the percentages para mas malaki na yung travel and happy money.

how about you, how do you currently apportion your income?

mrsonthego

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 11:51:24 am »
my income? sapat lang for everyday expenses, my husband is jobless :'(

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close