Author Topic: Balance between living your life and saving for your future  (Read 15201 times)

mrsonthego

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Balance between living your life and saving for your future
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »
Sis aquacharly, can you be my employer? Lol! :) ;D

alexsy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 04:20:08 am »
makapag apply na nga din kay aquacharly  ;D

kiz_me1109

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 10:27:57 pm »
Live by your means and plan for your future as early as now. I do the make sure that my hard earned money is spent in the right things. Of course I make sure na lahat ng Bills and expenses e nabayaran na before ako gagastos for myself na hindi kasama sa budget namin.

We have a retirement plan with Sunlife and I opened a Mutual funds for my son only. Instead of putting it sa bank niya, doon nalang.

I am proud to say that at the age of 29, hindi man malaki ang sweldo naming mag asawa, e never pa kami nagkaroon ng debt sa kahit kaninong tao.

I think its a matter of planning and being responsible with your money to make sure that your secure with your future. :)

be_Jenuine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 10:30:09 pm »
Well, I guess balanced naman dahil nakapagtabi naman ako for the future and may investment na din naman ako na condo (yes i think condos are investment hehe) Hirap nga lang pag may sale nako dapat specific lang dalang pera pag lalabas para di sumobra hehe

sis aquacharly , wow, impressive. Ang bait nyo namang employers. Sana lahat ganito and walang nangungurakot para pantay pantay tayong lahat :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:31:58 pm by be_Jenuine »

sachism

• happy wife and mommy...and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 11:17:43 pm »
This is important for me bec of our age gap. I want to live to the fullest while we still can and also ensure that we have savings bec he will retire much sooner that i will. Though wala sa vocab nya ang salitang resign. And when he resigns, i want to resign na din 😄

I dont want to super delay gratification and I dont want naman at the expense of our future.

I was young (immature) when we got married so I am thankful for VULs that gave me the discipline to save for our future early on. Since then a huge chunk ofmy income (now 100% (almost) goes to retirement (majority) and savings. Then his income for our Living Expenses and other splurges. This is for us to live NOW. Living Now for us means regular  travels as a family, yearly birthday celebrations, buying things as rewards to ourselves. I dont feel guilty because we are just using his income in spending and we stick within our limits. I am just thankful that he is a good provider and I have a reliable calculator and excel file :)

rics

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 11:40:25 am »
I would always tell my husband, we are not getting any younger, we should enjoy life the  best way we can, while we still can.

My mindset kasi is -  kailan ko pa gagawin mag travel, to try different things, etc. kung matanda na ako at hirap na ako lumakad?

True, we save, we want to have a comfortable retirement as well as provide well for our kid. But then at the back of my mind, I would also think, ipon ako ng ipon, tapos baka hindi ko naman ma enjoy ang ipon ko since who knows if I dont live to see my retirement.... knock on wood... i very much of course would like to live a long healthy life.

So we compromise. Save and enjoy at the same time.
Enjoy the now while we also plan for our future.
Within our means of course.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:49:55 am by rics »
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

mebpa

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:23 am »
medyo stressed din ako about this. sometimes when i splurge on something nanghihinayang ako dun sa money spent. iniisip ko nalang at least we enjoyed it. but pag balik nako sa pag aayos ng budget naiisip ko yun sana binawasan ko nalang to or hindi ko nalang binili to or sana mas nagbudget pako para mas nakatipid sa trip. but minsan lang kase kame magvacation puro work so we can't help but splurge (not beyond what we can afford in cash) and pay for comfort and a little peace. but, i think the key here is planning talaga and stick to the budget. minsan naman nasosobrahan sa tipid. nahihiya den ako kay hubby since he's giving me most of his salary. feeling ko deprived na minsan kakatipid.
"If you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.”

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »
This is hard. Really hard. Haha. But doable. You can enjoy naman without going broke
...all adventurous women do.

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

What else? 
We compensate all employees & laborers with above-industry rates.
For me, after family needs are covered, providing stable employment to quite a number,  is the greatest "balance".  They have families too. And I get a kick out of hearing through the years that they get to own a house/a car/jeep/tricycles/rental vans, send all their kids to school, set up some small side business, travel abroad, etc

Life IS beautiful; THANK YOU, GOD. :D

If you don't mind, what would be above average compensation for the employees?  Do you give commission for your staffs?  :D
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

brendzy

• Carpe Diem
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • sweet surrender
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 03:35:09 pm »
I would always tell my husband, we are not getting any younger, we should enjoy life the  best way we can, while we still can.

My mindset kasi is -  kailan ko pa gagawin mag travel, to try different things, etc. kung matanda na ako at hirap na ako lumakad?

True, we save, we want to have a comfortable retirement as well as provide well for our kid. But then at the back of my mind, I would also think, ipon ako ng ipon, tapos baka hindi ko naman ma enjoy ang ipon ko since who knows if I live to see my retirement.... knock on wood... i very much of course I would like to live a long healthy life.

So we compromise. Save and enjoy at the same time.
Enjoy the now while we also plan for our future.
Within our means of course.

Ditto sis rics, I am halfway na ng sayo, ako yung taga balance kay hubby, hindi sya kuripot pero ayaw nya lang ng too much. meron nakami savings at on going na sya. But I am praying that I can persuade him na magtravel kami once in a while, to enjoy kahit paminsan minsan, konting push pa!  ;D
This is me, I am lovingly and uniquely created by God and I love me! Lol

umbalito

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 09:02:20 pm »
Balance = 1. taking care of the important things. e.g. your health, your relationships ; and 2. working on the right things.

1. How can you work towards success if you are not healthy? If you don't get enough sleep, if you don't eat right etc.. etc..

2. You have to work on the right things. That means laser-like focus, and saying no to things that don't get you closer to your goals. Yes, that includes saying no to opportunities - even work promotions, higher pay etc.. if it means they take you away from your goal.

Too many people mistake laziness or lack of focus for balance. They waste their weekends by partying or surfing the net, and they justify it by saying "I worked hard naman, so kelangan balanced." That's just BS. Balance does not mean working hard from 9-5 then coming home and sitting in front of the computer and wasting four hours on Facebook. You don't go out and party all weekend and say you need it for balance, work hard, party hard nonsense. That's for average people. If you want to be successful, you have to do things that normal people don't do.

Take care of the important things (health, family, finances etc..) then spend every waking hour working towards your goals. That's balance.

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 04:21:12 pm »
For me , I make sure that as I grow old the percentage of my savings increases.

Hindi porke may napundar na or nakapagpatapos na ng anak ay dapat todo splurge na.  Kasi habang tumatanda  , papunta na sa retirement and soon you lose your source of fixed income, lalo na kung wala namang investment.   Also,  I always take care of myself , so I could still be healthy and  prolong my productive years . But, I also reward myself by traveling with my kids at least 2-3X a year. Dun lang sa kaya talaga ng budget .

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 06:20:55 pm »
Work and life balance differ per person.  I believe it's not always a good thing to say no to opportunities eg raise, promotion just because you think of your health first and foremost.  We all have to make sacrifices, especially when kids come into the picture.

@snowberry true true!  Our savings should increase in proportion to our expenses.  Either we have more income or we lower down our expenses.  That's why I think it's always good to grab opportunities that come our way, you can't be sure kelan siya ulit darating.
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

ayka

• independent , social butterfly & a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 09:02:10 am »
Yes, I do have balance between living "in the now" and future savings. My husband and I have our hard-earned millions on a joint account, and on top of that, I have my own "secret" account (my money when I was still single). We were not born from wealthy clans. We've accumulated our wealth and assets through years of hard work. We planned it so that once we have savings and stable earnings - we can budget and splurge. Mind you, we do not have children...yet.

Say, from one months' earnings, a fixed amount goes to our savings. A fixed amount goes to the bills.  The rest - we spend. We splurge. Because for us, at the end of the day, we work hard and deserve to enjoy life. Malay ko ba, bukas makalawa or next year I would die without enjoying our money. LOL
happy girls are the prettiest girls! ♥♥♥

dashee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 04:17:10 am »
80% living your life and 20% saving for the future. never ko nagagawa kasi 100% of my salary ay laging ubos eh! but now, i think i can save at least 20%..  ;)

lenzyfrancisco

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 04:54:24 pm »
20% is okay na sis, laking bagay nadin yun.

Annie M.

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

saver ako talaga, so nakaka-stress for me yung gagastos ako. i have always loved traveling but even in that aspect, matipid ako. minsan nagagalit na si hubby kasi i refuse to pay for the admission ticket to a museum or whatever kasi medyo mahal. eh nandun na kami, di ba? anong pinunta namin dun? i get the point pero nakaka-stress pa rin.

now that i'm in my 30's parang na-realize ko na maikli ang buhay. i should really learn how to enjoy.

melmedrano

• Senior GirlTalker
    • http://tryinghardminimalist.com/
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 05:05:42 pm »
Kahapon lang pinaguusapan namin to ng husband ko... after visiting an uncle from the hospital.
Sabi nga namin, balance talaga ng kailangan sa buhay, mahirap pero pwede namang ma-achieve... yung tipong on your death bed (or moment), you're ready because nagawa mo na ang lahat ng sa tingin mo ay kailangan at dapat mong gawin at wala kang pangaba sa mga maiiwan mo at kung saan ka man mapupunta. :-)

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 05:54:47 pm »
It's a continuous struggle but if there's something we really need or want (and within our means), we go for it.

cosmochick

• Not Your Average
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:35 pm »
This is one of lifes biggest struggles... lalo na when youre not getting younger and you have to save for your retirement and at the same time fulfill your dreams like traveling to different countries and just enjoy the little luxuries of life while youre still able.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring,right? So for me, its forever a constant battle; Spend or Save?? lalo nako, Im kuripot pero I enjoy luxury. I wanna secure a comfortable life pero I love to treat myself with the finer things in life. I get stressed pag nababawasan savings namin but at the same time, na enjoy naman namin yung money na yun...hahahaha hays, the struggle of a middle class employee/wife/breadwinner.
I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close