watch now

Author Topic: intermittent fasting  (Read 111416 times)

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2015, 08:34:01 am »
^^sis coffee is fine pero not chocolate drink. may sugar kasi yun. drinks are fine during the fasting hours basta no sugar at no calorie or low in calories.

^artificial sweetener is fine lang ata. I use truvia.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2015, 08:52:15 am »
Oh my... I was going to start this today. LOL ako pa naman every 3-5 hours ako kumakain. Its so hard!!! How do you girls do it?! haha This is harder for me than quitting smoking!!

missyA

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2015, 09:13:05 am »
from the beginning na nag try ako nito.. I lose 3kgs na but minsan hindi ko talaga nasusunod yung di kakain within 16 hours siguro mas malaki pa mababawas if you'll be serious on doing it plus exercise.  :o
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:16:23 am by missyA »

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2015, 09:42:04 am »
^^sis coffee is fine pero not chocolate drink. may sugar kasi yun. drinks are fine during the fasting hours basta no sugar at no calorie or low in calories.

huhu. usually, pa milo+coffee ginagawa ko! nakasanayan na for the sake of makapagcoffee. ayaw ko kasi talaga ang black coffee. :(

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:59 am »
years ago, i used to do this and my weight's really okay. nasa 115lbs lang. i don't know that this was already intermittent fasting. i eat between 2pm-10pm. i will start this again today cause i feel so heavy na talaga. currently close to 140 lbs already (heaviest so far) and i need to go back to 115lbs. one step at a time. goodluck to me.

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2015, 12:41:23 pm »
^^sis masasayang lang fasting mo if you consume sugar during the fasting period.  :-\ try artificial sweeteners in your coffee na lang. ako din dati hindi ko kaya black coffee pero i got used to it.

^ sis ako din nag 140 ish dati. and then hindi ko din alam yung tungkol sa IF pero nagstop kasi ako kumain breakfast tapos lunch and dinner lang talaga napansin ko walang effort pumayat na ko. then i found IF. after 2 years may cheat days naman ako nasa 110-115 na lang ako ngayon.

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »
^might as well go back to this kind of eating habit. I have to really lose weight kasi I feel pain in my ankle and knees which I suppose was because of my weight too. My doctor said I must lose weight until I return to 110 to 115 pounds. I will monitor my progress. Hopefully I will get good results.

sis glamorous_aisa, how long did it took you to achieve 115 lbs?

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2015, 02:27:30 pm »
^^huhu. sis glamorous_aisha, naku sige nga try ko nalang siguro ang tea. super nagpapalpitate kasi ako sa coffee kaya hinahaluan ko ng choco drink. hehe.

btw, ako may effect naman na din kahit papaano. pero sa timbang talaga, walang pagbabago. :(

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2015, 04:11:14 pm »
Well actually that is also my problem. I might not be able to lose enough pounds due to water retention. I drink lots of water, as in! and so my weight might be attributed na din daw to water retention but it shouldn't only be the reason why I am heavy.

I replaced my white rice to corn rice and I was able to get good results. Not of weight reduction but rather on the ease of digestion. My bowel movement is far better than before and when I eat white rice, I hardly finish a cup.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:56 pm »
Regarding water intake, so far ha? I don't feel like my heavy intake of water is causing water retention at all. Well, that's just me. The more water, the better pa nga eh. Anyway, I started IF last February, week 1. So far, I thought my loss was just 4 lbs. (solid)... as of late, I moved my IF one notch higher.. So, I fast between 7 pm to 11 pm. I eat at 11am or a little bit after that. I take in lunch of 1 rice + fish. Then for dinner, 1 rice + fish or other seafood. So far, when I switched to this kind of food choices.. Mas promising. To date, I have lost about 7 to 7.5 lbs in about 7 weeks. So parang nag average ng 1 lb./week.. Not bad, I guess!

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2015, 09:49:10 am »
sis petlovah: on and off ako sa IF. it took me 2 years. mahirap talaga ako magpapayat. 1 year nun hindi ako aware na I was doing IF on weekdays. Regarding water retention sis tama si sis insanelypurple. hindi nagkakaroon ng water retention dahil sa too much intake ng water. usually may water retention ang katawan natin because of eating salty foods. salt yung naghohold ng water sa body natin. kapag uminom ka ng water usually na-flu2sh out yun kaya nawawala yung water retention.

sis pretty_B: dagdagan mo na lang ng water yung coffee para hindi masyadong matapang and lagyan mo artificial sweetener.

^sis buti sayo ang bilis ng progress. ang nagustuhan ko lang din kasi sa IF walang rebound hindi na ko tumataba.

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:24 am »
buti pa kayo sisters, may progress based on scales. ako, mejo happy na din naman ako sa effect kasi kahit papaano, natrim ang tummy ko. :) di nga lang ako quantitative masyado. di ko sinusukat. hihi. napapansin na lang ng mga tao sa paligid ko. pero di ako masatisfy. :( so, i might start to weigh and measure na din sugro. sayang naman ang almost 2months ko na IF. (though hindi yung intense IF. haha.)

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2015, 12:18:39 pm »
^^ Thanks sis! I didn't also realize that I was losing na pala based sa scale. I just kept myself informed of my progress by seeing how my clothes fit better and what not. Anyhow, I am still a long way off. I hope to continue kasi sayang naman. I just want to see hanggang saan before I plateau and by then I will figure out what drastic thing to do again. I feel much healthier with my IF weight loss as compared to GM Diet. And yes, challenge din for me to keep off salty stuff because big ako sa salt, kaya I balance it out with a ton of water.

^ pretty_B, okay lang yan. IF can be more than just a diet. It can become a lifetyle if it suits you. I mean, if you really do it like most days of the week or at least majority of the week, for sure on days na you're not on IF, madaling mabawi or almost no impact yan. I guess, consistency is the key! Good luck!!!

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2015, 03:05:27 pm »
^thanks sis. mukha ngang imaintain ko nalang yung ganito kahit di ako hardcore diet on IF. maganda naman so far ang effect sakin. actually, di na ako madalas magutom. di lang talaga mapigilang kumain lalo na pag nasa labas. :(

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »
^sis baka parehas tayo mahirap pumayat in numbers. kaya ituloy mo lang. saka ingat ka na lang din sa food intake mo kahit easting hours mo.  ;) pag-alam mong may lakad ka or hang out with other people ang gawin mo na lang iadjust mo yung eating hours mo. ganyan ginagawa ko usually kapag friday night pag may dinner with friends iaadjust ko konti yung fasting hours hahabaan ko.

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:37 am »
^naku sis. tunay. walang effect talaga saking kapag by numbers. :( though happy na din ako kasi by words naman ng mga nakakakita sakin yung pampalubag loob ko. HAHA.

super cheat day ako kapag weekend. kahit nasa labas ako or nagmumukmok sa bahay. sarap kasi pag nagluluto ako for myself. napapadami kain ko. huhu.

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »
This is a nice way of losing weight kesa uminom ng kung [textspeak!]-anong pills. whenever i'm craving sweets sa gabi i'll drink green tea instead. Pero ang hirap gawin nito pag may PMS!

emgee1180

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »
what do you guys do pag nag-plateau na yung weight loss nyo? ngayon kasi steady ang timbang ko AS IN. di gumagalaw. even if I cheat for a day, I will gain a pound pero nawawala rin agad after a day once I go back to IF. but now, di ba bumababa timbang ko. I have added some exercises so I was thinking na mabawasan pa pero wala talaga. :(

is it because of muscle mass kaya? is there a way to 'reset' baka my body has gotten used to the routine na kaya ayaw nang magbudge ng weight ko.

marelen

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:16 am »
sayang at medyo late ko na na-discover tong thread. i back read on this thread a couple of weeks ago and researched. i will start doing this today (or tomorrow? hehe). after my last meal later at around 4pm, won't eat until tomorrow at 7-8am. won't count the calorie intake and won't exercise muna for week one since trial pa lang naman. if i can manage until next week will count the calorie and exercise na siguro ako. then gradually lessen my solid food intake. gusto ko kasi ng master cleanse eh (also read in here in GT) kaso hindi ako sure kung kaya ko yung ease in phase in 3 days lang. baka lang mabigla ako. anyone who did it too (IF then master cleanse)?

marelen

  • Guest
Re: intermittent fasting
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »
sissies i did IF yesterday until this morning. however, parang ang bigat ng ulo ko. hindi ko ma-pinpoint kung dahil sa pag-fast ko kanina pero nung kumain na ko kanina, ganun pa rin. masakit pa rin ulo ko. bakit kaya? is this my adjustment phase?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close