I think in the beginning, maiisip mo talaga mag-NSD. Like ako, my husband and I even attended Chiqui Brosas' birthing class, that way, my husband can be with me during labor kaso when D-day came, 27 hours na akong in labor, wala pa rin son ko. Nakakapagod na and honestly, at that time, I just want to get it done and over with. I was so relieved when my OB finally decided to have me wheeled into the delivery room. I was given regional anesthesia that only numbed my body from the waist down kaya I was awake. For me, dun ko talaga na-experience yung joy of giving birth kasi I was more relaxed and wala ng pain. For the first time that day, I felt the excitement. Yung giddy feeling na "Ohmygod, this is it!" Hindi puro labor, labor, labor. As expected, the pain came the morning after and my god, super niyang sakit! Yung simpleng pag-upo, grabe.. but I guess, it's all about learning how to manage it--excruciating as it may be. In my case, I had to "make friends" with the pain para I can attend to my baby's needs kaya by day 4, we were allowed to go home na. Nakapag-breastfeed ako ng maayos (and still am!) and nakakalakad na agad. As for the tummy issue, exercise and discipline lang katapat nun, in my opinion. Kahit NSD ka, if ang lakas mong kumain, hindi talaga yan liliit.
Of course, NSD will always be the preferred option pero ok na din na may CS especially if complications arise. Like, in my case, it came very handy and in the end, I was just happy that my baby was born safely.