watch now

Author Topic: Tokyo (thread 2)  (Read 70688 times)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2014, 06:27:41 pm »
Thanks sis jaylan! Consider namin yan, mahal yung ibang nakita ko eh. :)

Sis yapeegurl, excited na ko kahit matagal pa! :)

Enjoy sis calin22!

Shinjuku ba dapat yung hotel para center? Ano pala ma-reco nyo na nice but not too pricey na hotel? :) 5 kaming punta. Baka 2 rooms na kami.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »
basa basa lang ako dito mga sis, sayang yung piso seat sale ng cebu pac, 12k 2 na kami ni fiance, sana meron next year. gusto talaga namin mag honeymoon dito

blairbunny

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #362 on: March 29, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
hay ako rin sobrang torn between shinjuku and shibuya for the accommodation.  I've always been under the impression that shibuya is the center kasi andun yung busy intersection plus hachiko, but now I'm reading a lot of recommendations for shinjuku.  yun din nirecommend ng travel agent. pero parang ang saya kasi ng shibuya sa pics, then shinjuku is like puro skycraper. anyway, saan na lang between shinjuku and shibuya mas maraming stores ng designer bags? :)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2014, 06:26:36 am »
Meron din ako nakita sa airbnb. Ok kaya dun? Usually may kasama pang free pocket wifi if you rent sa kanila. May nakita ko nice ng photos pati reviews. Parang nasa 7k pesos per night, can accomodate 6 na. Yung place is sa Setagaya, Tokyo. 5 mins from Shibuya by train daw...  Sangenjaya yung neighborhood..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:34:48 am by u8mypinkcookies »

viewfrommyveranda

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2014, 08:31:05 am »
If it helps, Shinjuku and Shibuya are magkasasunod stops using the JR Yamanote line. :-)

I guess the location really depends on what you want to do, how comfortable you are with following directions and taking long walks. For us, we decided on Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku because it is both an airport limo stop and it's really close to the Shinjuku station. Now, I didn't just take hotels' description of the location or tripadvisor feedback. The clincher was a video that I saw of this hotel guest filming her walk from the shinjuku station exit to the hotel! So talagang 5 minutes kung 5 minutes.

In our next trip, we know we'd consider other locations na kasi we know na how the train system works. And maybe we won't need a hotel that's a limousine stop anymore kasi we can take na the Narita express.

And the pocket wifi -- sobrang useful yun! We rented one for our stay.  We're online the whole time we're outside! Get it!

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2014, 09:24:33 am »
^sis, ano pang ibang hotels ang maganda ang location sa shinjuku? I saw keio plaza hotel tokyo. It's a 10 minute walk to shinjuku west exit. I'm just not sure if kaya lakarin to odakyu, takashimaya, isetan and don quijote. Sa map kasi mukhang kaya naman. Isip ko lang kung ok lang yung distance kasi may kasama kaming bata. Thanks.  :)

blairbunny

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:18 am »
^^ thank you. I've decided to stay in shinjuku and the place I got is very near sunroute. So from your experience, what is the fastest way to get to sunroute? narita express over airport limousine?

^ sis sabi ng travel agency shinjuku prince, washington, and keio because they are airport limousine stops. although nabasa ko na keio area is referred to as quiet area kasi puro buildings halos. yung keio i almost booked kasi i need a big room kasi family kami, pero namahalan ako kasi lumabas na 76k for the week, we don't intend to stay there naman. the place i booked in shinjuku is 40k for 7 nights. ang saya kasi libre din airfare namin :D bawi na lang ako sa shopping.

viewfrommyveranda

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:07 am »
^^Princess Lorraine - Shinjuku Southern Terrace looks nice, based on pictures and review. It's really near the Shinjuku station, through the Southern terrace exit (may Starbucks dun, hehe) too. I saw the Keio Plaza Hotel on our way to the airport. Okay din location nya.

^Sis Blairbunny we took the airport limo to sunroute. Takot kami to take the Narita Express kasi baka confusing the exits -- which is a common feedback. Also, the Keio Plaza you're referring to is the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama. I saw this when we went to Sanrio Puro Land. Ang layo nito!!!! But the area is so nice, and serene. I think it's a university area.

Check this link to the airport limousine routes:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

This is what I used when we have decided  that we will go for a hotel that's an airport limo stop since it's our first time to travel to Tokyo.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:02:23 am by viewfrommyveranda »

blairbunny

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2014, 10:01:23 am »
^ thanks sis. will take the airport limo na rin to sunroute para sure :) And yes, I was referring to keio plaza hotel. buti pala hindi yun ang nabook ko kung malayo. may kasama kasi kaming baby.

viewfrommyveranda

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:35 am »
^Not that it's relevant since you're not staying at the Keio Hotel in Tama, there's a really big Daiso there. And several pharmacies!

Ito na relevant, there are 2 Citibank branches near Sunroute. Good for getting cash.

Also, when we arrived in Tokyo, I think our plane could not park closer the terminal. So we had to ride a shuttle, which brought us straight to immigration. Now, what I didn't see is if there are money changers/ATMs at the arrival area itself. Good thing we had Yen with us because that would not have given us the opportunity to get local currency/exchange cash.

Would anyone know if the airport limousine service accepts credit card payment?

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2014, 07:17:47 am »
^thanks so much sis. So far i'm eyeing for hotel sunroute plaza shinjuku and keio plaza hotel tokyo in shinjuku. Shinjuku prince hotel is not included in the airport limousine stops. May groceries ba sa takashimaya, odakyu, isetan and keio dept store? I wanna buy cookies and chocolates kasi as pasalubongs. I wanna go to don quijote din. Thanks  :)

viewfrommyveranda

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:40 am »
^Sis walang grocery sa Odakyu. I was told and nga Sis based in Tokyo, please correct me if I'm wrong, na wala daw big groceries sa city. I did most of my pasalubiong shopping at the duty free. The cookies and mochi meron sa mga basement foodcourt. So if you've been to Takashimaya in Singapore, that's how it looks like. Mixture of cooked food stalls and specialty stores (eg tea, deli, pastries, etc.).

j_in_tokyo

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »
^thanks so much sis. So far i'm eyeing for hotel sunroute plaza shinjuku and keio plaza hotel tokyo in shinjuku. Shinjuku prince hotel is not included in the airport limousine stops. May groceries ba sa takashimaya, odakyu, isetan and keio dept store? I wanna buy cookies and chocolates kasi as pasalubongs. I wanna go to don quijote din. Thanks  :)

may groceries sa takashimaya sis pero not that big..
nasa 1st floor at or b1 floor.
mostly kasi ng mga supermarket malayo sa cities..
nasa residential area sya..
Di katulad ng mall sa atin na kumpleto na lahat..

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2014, 02:45:57 pm »
^ah ganun pala. I thought kasi may grocery sa malls. Thanks sis  :)
^^thank you sis! Sa same pala ang layout ng takashimaya sa sg and tokyo. I love takashimaya in sg so im sure i would also love it in tokyo. Sis nung nadaan ka sa keio plaza hotel in shinjuku may mga restos and convenience stores din ba da area na yun? Kasama kasi namin daughter ko kaya gusto kong hotel yung convenient din ang location. The hotel has free shuttle to disneyland too. I wanna shop at uniqlo and h&m. Yung pasalubong mostly chocolates and cookies  lang. I read in a blog that there's calbee store in omotesando. Wanna go there too!  Curious din ako sa tokyo banana. Can't wait to go to tokyo! Thanks sis.  :)

viewfrommyveranda

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »
^Sis madaming convenience stores and restos. And since it's near the train station, super dami din dun. I saw the Calbee store in Takeshita St. at Harajuku. !!! Parang ang cute nya. Didn't get a chance to go inside the store. The smell from the waffle shops was too intoxicating!

Harajuku is my fave among all the areas we've visited. Iba ang vibe! There is this Cute Cube shopping mall at Takeshita street and it also houses this store Monki. Age appropriate ang fashion nya, haha. We also went to the Oriental Bazaar and I loved the souvenirs -- hand carved Japanese dolls, beautiful origami paper, cotton towels, etc. Love!!  :-* For that alone, I'm seriously considering staying in this area the next time we visit Tokyo.

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »
^thank you so much for all the info sis! You've been such a great help.  :)

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2014, 05:30:48 am »
next week na alis namin, malamig pa ba??

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »
Can you recommend any Android app for their trains? Na di kailangan ng internet? Yung katulad ng Metroid sa Korea. Thank you! :)

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »
Shinjuku area din kami nag stay pero yung closest train namin ay Metro line. We stayed at Shinjuku City Hotel N.U.T.S Tokyo. Super liit lang ng room namin ng husband ko pero it was just nice for the 2 of us. Mahina ang wifi sa room kaya bumababa pa kami sa lobby. No breakfast dito and I don't think they offer. Water, juice, and coffee lang ang free nila pero pag morning lang.

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (thread 2)
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2014, 06:30:15 am »
Hi mga sis! I have the tokyo subway app in my ipad. Alin ba dun yung jr rapid  train? Sabi kasi you have to take jr rapid from shinjuku to tokyo station then take keio kine to maihama station to get to disneyland. Super complicated talaga ng train system nila. Can't we just tAke the metro maranouchi line from shinjuku station to tokyo station instead? Does anyone know of an offline App where we can find which trains to take? Pllease enlighten me on these. Thank you.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close