Hello mga Sis. Just arrived from our 6-day Tokyo trip.
Just a few points to share --
Hotel - we stayed at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. Location is fantastic. Rooms are tiny!!!!! It's a 5-min walk to the Shinjuku station. The station is a major JR Train stop, plus 2 other train lines. Along the area are convenience stores (Lawson's, 7-11, and Family Mart), local restos, post office, 2 Citibank branches, etc. Best part is this is an airport limousine stop which is a MUST take transpo.
Restos - the area has good local restos (eg. udon noodle place, local fast food chains like Yoshinoya and some izakayas) and I suggest go for these restos rather than the likes of McDonald's and KFCs. Average meal in the local restos cost anywhere from 550-900 Yen. It's not bad considering the quality of the food and the serving sizes. Masarap lahat!
Shopping - nearby are Takashimaya, Odakyu, Keio Mall, etc. Personally I didn't bother checking out the brands that are here in Manila. I liked the selection of Japanese brands. Some are expensive but for the most, feeling ko appropriately priced naman. Like what out sisters shared, okay ang price ng Kanebo and Shiseido. But correct me if I'm wrong -- I think those that are priced less are like the drugstore line of these brands, and not the same as what we see in Rustan's or the shops here in Manila? Tama ba? Nevertheless, super okay silang lahat. There is even a shop along Shinjuku-dori that's all MAKE-UP. Ang saya saya!
Rest of our iti:
1) Shrine of 47 Ronin -- did you guys see that movie of Keanu Reeves shown late last year? Well it's based on a true story and the shrine is located at Takanawa. It's called Sengakuji temple. It's really calm and beautiful there, almost Zen like! Read this blog if you are interested:
http://aroundtokyo.net/blog/2014/01/05/sengakuji-home-47-ronin/2) Imperial Palace
3) Meiji Shrine
4) Harajuku district
5) Disneyland
6) Sanrio Puroland
7) Shibuya district
Pasalubongs -- I'm super tyaga when it comes to bringing home pasalubong. I actually bought yakitori from the Odakyu depachika, put them in in containers and brought them home! Oh strawberries seem to be in season now - yes, nag uwi din ako! Pocky, Royce chocolates, Yoku Moku cookies, and various mochis. :-)
Bitin! Given all the walking, our days 3-6 was reduced to going to 2 areas per day. Kakapagod!!
Happy to answer your questions!