watch now

Author Topic: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4  (Read 86168 times)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:40 pm »
^ try nyo yung Chubby's Rib Shack, same owners ata sila e. Sarap ng pulled pork nachos! :D

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
^ try nyo yung Chubby's Rib Shack, same owners ata sila e. Sarap ng pulled pork nachos! :D

Where yung Chubby's Rib Shack? :)

traxxex21

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2014, 09:22:04 am »
If you want authentic Italian Lucia Ristorante in Makati. ang saraaaap. especially their 4 cheese pizza and Taglierini tartufati.

BergBlick Restaurant in Pagudpud masarap din :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:29:34 am by traxxex21 »

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2014, 11:15:42 am »
So true, sarap ng wings ng buffalo wings & things. my ofcmates & I eat there every month or even biweekly. :)

^ Have you tried their spicy chicken burrito? We tried the beef kasi overload na kami sa chicken. And usually, which flavor do you choose for your wings? :)

------

John and Yoko is also superb! I loved everything I got from the Tofu and Cheese as appetizer, all the way to the main entree of Ika Fettucinne!!! Plus my friend's Tonkatsu was also yummy!

slickchick

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:35 am »
Sincerity Restaurant in Chinatown, Binondo...

Super like their Sincerity fried chicken, fried rice, as well as their lumpia.. The reviews on the internet are true.. the food is really good, plus the price is not that expensive.. Makapag-foodtrip nga ulit sa ibang resto sa binondo...

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2014, 02:36:37 pm »
Tim Ho Wan in Megamall

Sarap pala talga nung pork buns.  Katakot lang kasi parang once you pop, you can't stop!  ;D  Masarap din yung other dumplings nila - the prawn with wasabi dressing and the siomai.  Siksik na siksik ng meat and seafood, parang walang extenders na ginamit.  Even their iced tea is good, too.  Plus factor pa yung affordable price.  I read in Jin Perez's IG that if you order the whole menu, P4,000 lang ang total.  Worth it ang pagpila.

daveigh

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »
^ Have you tried their spicy chicken burrito? We tried the beef kasi overload na kami sa chicken. And usually, which flavor do you choose for your wings? :)

We have not tried the burrito, stick lang kami sa wings nila.

We usually order garlic parmesan, cheese jalapeno at Honey BBQ :) (<-- personal fave ko yan with Bleu cheese!) :D

traxxex21

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2014, 05:46:43 am »
8 cuts burger - Trinoma

BF ordered
 House Blend Piggy Burger - The bacon is very dry and overcook. The patty is very juicy
 Fries - So So. typical fries you can order
 Choco milk shake - almost Half of the glass is whipped cream

Me
 Ox Cheeseburger - the patty is very very dry. The bread is not that delicious. I can't taste the cheese :(
 Onion Rings - I love love this, very delicious with bbq flavor :)

The manager approached me and asked how was the burger, maybe she noticed that I've been eating the burger for too long at the same time drinking water a lot. I commented that it's very dry for me but it is delicious. She insisted that they will replace it and even I told her that it is not necessary. So now, i am eating the cheeseburger (take out) it is better than the first but no wow factor for me .I will try other blends next time

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »
We have not tried the burrito, stick lang kami sa wings nila.

We usually order garlic parmesan, cheese jalapeno at Honey BBQ :) (<-- personal fave ko yan with Bleu cheese!) :D

^ Thanks, thanks! I shall try the other Burrito next time. Tried na the Garlic Parmesan, should try the Cheese Jalapeno and Honey BBQ next time. And yes, yes, yes... Bleu cheese is necessary for a fully satisfying meal!!! Thanks again for sharing!

paulfranc

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2014, 10:39:09 pm »
ok ba sa ippudo?

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #370 on: September 13, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »
try this hole in the wall steakhouse called SALT in Makati :) went last night and they got awesome local steak for 190php only. Sarap and sulit. Their baked salmon is also a must try! They get full early and no reservations pa as of now.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »
Pi Breakfast and Pies at Malingap Street

Because I like Pino and Pipino, I expected Pi (the name is denoted with the symbol of pi) to be good.  I was disappointed.  The eggs in my eggs Benedict were overcooked and the muffin is not good at all.  I felt that my dish was not prepared from scratch but was merely microwaved.  My husband's caramelised Spam was okay (but I can do this at home).  The kimchi on the rice was weird.

I don't know if I am going to give this place another shot for the pies.

Malingap Street in UP Village is giving Maginhawa Street stiff competition based on the number of restaurants which have opened there.

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »
Sis u8mychocolates, where in makati?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »
Early Bird Breakfast Club at Eastwood

I like the place.  My beef tapa was pretty good.  My husband liked his adobo flakes and my kids finished their longanisa with rice (they shared one order).  I love the maple syrup in the pancake.  Will definitely come back.  I want to try the salpicao. :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »
^Were you there earlier today Marose? We were there this afternoon :)

Poached salmon - hubby said it was ok, the sauce on the side was pretty good

Sunny salpicao - it was quite ok except that I found the sauce too sweet. Not a fan of sweet viands.

Hashed potatoes - big serving, seasoning was ok not too salty. The homemade ketchup tasted like afritada sauce though

Flancake - pretty good but you need to share it with someone cus it's too sweet (at least for me)

Bonus part was that we saw Kiefer Ravena. I wanted a photo op but my lasallian husband declined. KJ hahaha :)

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »
Balboa - Shang Mall

Wild mushroom soup was good - not too salty, not too creamy. Sakto lang, malalasahan mo talaga ang mushrooms.

I liked their pizza. Crunchy and thin crust. Generous and yummy toppings.

Truffle pasta - so-so lang for me. Mas masarap pa din truffle pasta ng Mamou o di kaya yung sa Dillingers in GB3. Di ko gusto yung pasta itself kasi medyo makapal for my taste. Bitin din ang lasa ng truffle.

Pag nabalik kami ng Balboa, I wanna try their rissoto, other pizza flavors, and also their eggs benedict (and other all-day breakfast dishes).

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2014, 06:23:57 am »
 La Fiesta Filipino Buffet- nice ambiance. Accomodating and efficient staff. I love their la paz bachoy, dinuguan, lasagna, lechon de leche, lechon kawali, yema, leche flan and fruit shakes.  :)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #377 on: September 15, 2014, 08:59:12 am »
@twelvth_goddess:  I was at EBB around noon. And yes, I saw Kiefer and Mika too as they were walking towards the chapel (I think) kasi we were first seated sa labas then transferred inside.  Saw your comment to Kief's IG post.  LSGH naman dati si Kief (until grade 5), tell your hubby haha. ;)

Para hindi OT: the pancake is still pretty good even a day after.  I had to take home 1 1/2 of the 3 pancakes kasi.  Ang sarap ng maple syrup nila, hindi gaano matamis.  :)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2014, 11:53:39 am »
Le Family, Vietnamese resto, SM Aura.

Not bad, but I wouldn't call it one of the best Vietnamese restos in the metro.

Loved their spring rolls. Veggies were fresh and the peanut sauce was just right. 

Beef tenderloin noodle soup was just ok, flavorful enough, but still lacking a punch. Servings were huge though. My husband and I were able to share.

Their beef with lemongrass dish (essentially lemongrass leaves wrapped in beef slices) was also tasty enough, but again I felt it still lacked something.

My husband ordered their chicken curry, and it was the least successful dish that night. Mas masarap pa ang luto nya haha.

Staff was very attentive, always refilling our glasses. I appreciate it when I don't have to call the waiters to refill our water. Overall we'd probably go to Le Family if we were hungry and don't know where else to eat.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Part 4
« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:02 pm »
Manam Comfort Filipino Food

I liked everything we ordered especially the chorizo/kesong puti spring rolls and garlicky adobo. The sisig is crunchy.  I will definitely return to try the other dishes. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close