watch now

Author Topic: Best Exclusive School for Girls  (Read 65845 times)

ziva

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »
I will enroll my daughters in Woodrose because we relocated in Alabang from Makati.  In college, my batchmates from Woodrose seemed to do really well so I always had a good impression of that school.

theycallmethin

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 05:09:13 pm »
School of the Holy Spirit QC 8)

sexytabachung

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 11:52:26 am »
^^^my daughter rin is also from st scholastica's college manila.. ok naman siya sakin.. yun nga lang, na-stress talaga ako sa pdc requirement nila this school year.. napilitan ako mag open ng checking acct.. last minute to..

what i like lang sa st scho, maganda values ng mga bata.. like my daughter who used to be a brattinela before, sobrang spoiled sa mga lolo and lola niya.. ang laki ng pinagbago niya sa school na to..

ksv

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 06:47:00 pm »
Ako din, my daughter is enrolled in St Scho. Incoming grade 2 siya. I like the fact that they do not encourage kids to be materialistic. Lahat ng school things nila dapat simple lang. So walang mga inggitan na so and so has this and that. How I wish my boy version ng St Scho for my younger boys naman :)

jjqxiv

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »
^ I agree with you. My 2 daughters graduated from St. Scho too and I have another one in 4th year HS. Nagkaroon lang ng problem with my youngest so we transferred her already. IMO, St. Scho produces the most simple girls compare to other exclusive schools.

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 09:13:33 am »
If given the chance na magaral daughter ko sa Phils, gusto ko talaga Woodrose

rockstarmama

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »
My husband and I decided to send our daughter to Miriam because its less than 10 minutes from our house :) I'm pretty happy and satisfied with Miriam mostly because its a good fit for her. I think it's unfair naman to say that Miriam is better than other girls schools cause it really depends on where your child will thrive.

SnowySofia

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:22 pm »
Hi sis rockstarmama,  I have been also scputing for my daughter's school next year and I am choosing  between Poveda or Miriam and I really do not know what is the difference as both of which are very good. I  just want to ask you can you please give me some insights about miriam? My daughter is currently studyong at gymboree this year Pre-K and my fear pa ako na baka mahirapan siya in her tagalog because she speaks only english. Please sis give me some tips naman about the school. Thanks!  :)

peewee

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 07:18:52 pm »
sis snowysofia, if i may, that was the same problem my daughter had when she was young (english only).
poveda has a program for this.

jenger109

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »
im considering assumption for my daughter, my son is in csa kaya ayaw ni hubby, bakit pa daw namin paghihiwalayin.. magkasama na nga sa house, pati sa school ba naman is my reason.. let's see kung sinong mananalo sa amin ni hubby.. :))  maganda din kasi reviews sa assumption .. :)

FEMIT

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 02:52:41 pm »
I sent my daughter to Poveda even if we're very near Miriam. She's in first grade now. I sent her there bec of the fact that they don't stress the students too much by giving too much homeworks. In fact, bawal magdala yun kids ng mabibigat na bags. My daughter only carries one Poveda calendar notebook where the teacher attaches letters and announcements, and a small spelling notebook. Yun lang laman ng bag nya everyday.

They also discourage tutorial classes but I sent my daughter anyway for advanced lessons. Sabi ng tutor nya who tutors grade 1 kids from ateneo, miriam and holy spirit as well.. very kid friendly yun style ng poveda. Accdg to her tutor who teaches a grade 1 student from holy spirit, halos everyday may homework and quiz. Laki pa ng school bag nya.. same thing with ateneo.

The tuition fee for first grade in Poveda this year is 120k++ books and uniforms excluded.

I'm not against all the other schools mentioned in this thread and those that I mentioned bec they're all prestigious and their graduates are well educated naman. Just sharing our experience in Poveda and hope this helps some of you in deciding!

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »
im considering assumption for my daughter, my son is in csa kaya ayaw ni hubby, bakit pa daw namin paghihiwalayin.. magkasama na nga sa house, pati sa school ba naman is my reason.. let's see kung sinong mananalo sa amin ni hubby.. :))  maganda din kasi reviews sa assumption .. :)

I'm set na on Assumption Antipolo for my daughter's big school. Mejo na-heavy heart lang ako when I found out na whole day na ang classes starting 1st grade. Feeling ko lang masyadong mabigat yung ganon kahabang school time for their age. Anyway, I'll see kung magbago pa isip ko. My kid will start school pa lang naman next year and I'm sending her to a progressive school in Marikina.

rexyloise

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »
^We're also from Marikina and my daughter is currently in Nursery at OLOPSC pero we're still thinking kung san namin sya pwede ilipat to complete grade school. We're really near St. Scho Marikina though we're still having second thoughts in sending her there. Which progressive school in Marikina are you sending your kid to?

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »
^Next year pa mag-start yung daughter ko sa ISYC. I plan to send her there for pre school tapos transfer to Assumption Antipolo na ng grade 1. Yun nga lang yung aversion ko sa AA kase whole day na kagad ang grade 1 nila.

rexyloise

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 07:52:42 pm »
^I see. Kami naman we want sana Ingenium kaya lang 70k+ na din tuition and 3 na kids ko so ang bigat pag nagsabay-sabay na. Do you have an idea how much sa AA? Do they also have K1 and K2? Sa St. Scho sabi ng neighbor namin around 50K daw, I'm not sure lang if kasama na books dun.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
^AA is around 75k yata just for the tuition, I'm just not sure. Sa ISYC, 75K ang tuition this year including uniforms, school materials, school trip. Next year baka mag-increase na naman sila ng mga around 3k.

jjqxiv

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »
So far, my youngest daughter who's in Poveda right now enjoys her current school compare to the previous one (she's in 5th grade already). Malaking tulong talaga if your child's not stressed about his/her homeworks at the very young age. Kaso nahihirapan na nman sya sa Filipino language nya because of her classmates so we needed a Filpino tutor once again. Hopefully, tuloy tuloy na yung improvement nya and hanggang HS na sya sa Poveda. :)

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 09:57:55 am »
is there really such a thing as "Best Exclusive School"

Meron bang insititution sa PH na nag rarank ng mga schools na to sa buong pilipinas according sa criteria nila? Or they are best according to our own criteria lang?

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 02:28:59 pm »
^Agree. I think if you vote for the best exclusive school, it's bound to be hit with so much comments/arguements mostly because we all have different values, priorities, and beliefs. In the end, parents should not send their kids to school which others say is BEST. Rather send them to an institution that is in sync with with their beliefs and priorities when it comes to nurturing the kids mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 03:00:18 pm »
^agree! Like I said here before, the school maybe ranked number 1 or gets accreditation or awards here and there, but if the teaching style is not matched with your kids' learning style, your daughter won't thrive

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close