watch now

Author Topic: Best Exclusive School for Girls  (Read 65851 times)

trendy

  • Guest
Best Exclusive School for Girls
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »
My daughter will go to nursery next year and I still don't know where to enroll her. Which do you think is the best exclusive school for girls given the choices below? And why?

- Assumption
- Poveda
- ICA Greenhills
- St. Paul Pasig
- Miriam
- Woodrose
 
Please don't consider the location as we can easily adjust to it. Thanks!

jjqxiv

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:50:53 pm »
Hi sis! I'll transfer my youngest in Poveda next school year (she's incoming 5th grade, from St. Scho Manila). What I liked about Poveda is their progressive method of teaching instead of the traditional one. Plus, I heard Poveda gives less homeworks than other schools because the students are supposed to do all the work in school and they have Spanish subject for grade and high school. :)

But anyway, all schools you mentioned produces well-educated students. Good luck mommy!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:46:00 pm by jjqxiv »

cmq23

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »
Hello! First ever comment in this site. :)

I'm a Poveda graduate, so obviously, I'd like to tell you more about my alma mater. Of course, all the other schools are really good, too. I've encountered many girls from Assumption, ICA, Woodrose, Miriam, and St. Paul from my years in college and medschool, so really, you won't go wrong in enrolling your child in any of them.

I guess what sets Poveda apart from other schools is IW (or Individual Work). It's the reason why I never had much homework back in my Poveda years. The schoolyear is divided into trimesters, and each trimester is further divided into 3-week-long "sessions" or modules. Within the three weeks, each subject (Math, Science, etc.) gives the students one big task to do that will apply the topics covered during the 3 week sessions. IW period is one hour everyday, wherein the students have to do the said IW cards (activities) from each subject. By the end of the 3 weeks, all IW cards from every subject should be done. IW cards may come in the form of a collage or a board game or a poem that integrated everything learned during their lectures. That way, teachers don't have to assign the students daily homework. I remember just playing at home after school while my brothers (studying in Ateneo) always had so much homework everyday.

Also, class sizes are small. Usually around 40 students per class, with only 4 sections per year level. So, very tight-knit ang community. Also, grades aren't issued in numerical form, nor are there any rankings or averages. Only a letter grade is given every trimester. That way, no unnecessary stress of having a so-so ranking or being ranked, like, 100th out of 110.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:07:45 pm by cmq23 »

Helsinki

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »
ICA in Greenhills

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:02:09 pm »
assumption doesn't have a nursery level. pre-kinder level lang sila sis and so on. i vote for poveda too.

iska-hazel

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:00:52 am »
Immaculate Conception Academy - Greenhills  :) :) :)

my 4 cousins all studied there from preschool to HS and theyre all professionals
2 doctors, 1 laywer and 1 civil engineer

Cheenyv

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:18 pm »
How much kaya grade 1 sa ica or poveda? Nasa 100k naba? St. Paul kase 73k

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:32:31 am »
^poveda is 100k plus according to a friend.

Mum_A

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »
Poveda ;)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 09:53:21 am »
Poveda grade 1 is php 131k, for annual payment. For semi and quarterly there's a difference of php 3-5k. books and uniforms are not yet included

I think "best" is very subjective. Bottom line is if you're daughter will be a good fit for a particular school.


prettycha

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 03:01:33 am »
Yes best is subjective. But if we deal with statistics St Paul Pasig has the edge if you are considering your child to study abroad after hs bec. They are the only non international school who got an international accreditation. If based on NSAT the top
schools are St Paul. Pasig , St Scho Manila and Assumption Makati in that particular order. In terms of PAASCU accreditation I think most of the schools mentioned are level 3

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 06:35:31 am »
^Curious Lang, what international accreditation is that?

And may NSAT pa pala? I thought it was scrapped a long time ago.

And oh you're correct re the level III accreditation of St. Paul and AC. But St Scho is only at level II. Also, these are not the only level III schools. Miriam, ICA, Poveda as well
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:53:23 am by hunny_ally »

prettycha

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 09:31:05 am »
It is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).  They have a website.  Re:  NSAT I do not know how they call their qualifying exams now from hs to college.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:54 am »
^oh it's only initial accreditation.

http://www.spcpasig.edu.ph/news.php?act=0&page_num=2

prettycha

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 09:57:18 am »
They passed already sis.  The one in their website is dated February 2013. They passed March or April this year if I'm not mistaken.  They have a big banner inside their campus announcing this.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:02 am »
I went to a never-heard school in the province. hehe!

But if I'll have a daughter someday, I'll choose ICA.

purplekid

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »
I'm from Miriam,but I would really choose Assumption  :D It's such a good school and it is in my top list in where I want to send my kids   :)  I saw how AA molded my cousin very well.


bluepolka

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »
Im from a coed school and most likely will want to enroll my future children in a coed school parin.

But if I have to choose an exclusive girl's school, i'd choose ICA. A lot of my cousins went / goes there and all if not most of them turned out very well.

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
St. Theresa's College, QC :D

charnel

  • Guest
Re: Best Exclusive School for Girls
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:56 am »
Can't say much, kasi my 3 girls lahat naka enroll Sa St.Scho, Ito Lang kasi ang exclusive for girls na malapit sa amin. Ang di ko Lang gusto ay ang issuance Ng PDc Kung installment ang bayad, no PDc no enrollment ewan ko lang Sa ibang school Kung ganyan din.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close