watch now

Author Topic: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**  (Read 101957 times)

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2014, 05:08:10 am »
interesting how to pronounce shengen. I heard Kris A. sa KrisTv she did say 'sheng-en' but my friends abroad and I actually pronounce it as shen-jen. I googled sheng-en nga daw. :) mas feel ko ang shen-jen. hihi.

c0re21

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2014, 04:47:21 am »
Hi everyone! I just wanna share my experience as well since this forum has helped me a lot on what to expect in applying for Schengen visa. By the way, I applied since my friend, pmartini (hope some of you know her here), is based in the Netherlands and invited me to visit.

I applied at the Netherlands embassy but first I had to set an appointment thru VFS Global (www.vfsglobal.com/netherlands/philippines). My plan was to leave in May so by March I should already be applying. I waited for my friend's package that includes the Declaration of Guarantee ("Formulier Garantstelling/Logiesverstrekking") - notarized at their city hall, payslips, income tax return, copy of passports, job contact before booking an appointment date for the visa interview. I realized that should've called VFS Global earlier since there was a 3week wait for an appointment. What happened was my friend, pmartini, sent the docs on March11 and I received it on March14 (a Friday). I called VFS Global to verify the process and was informed that I need to pay the visa and processing fee at Union Bank first then I could book an appointment online the next day (their system needed a day for transactions to be uploaded). I asked the VFS customer rep what was the earliest possible date and I was told that It would be March 31. Que horror! So I made the payment the same day so I could book an appointment the following Monday. But that Sunday (March16) I tried booking online and got through, but the sad thing was my appointment was set on April 3! I couldn't finalize my flight bookings without my visa I was expecting to pay more for the air fare since I will only have less than 2 months to book.

Then came April 3. The appointment slip said that I should be at the Netherlands embassy no more than 10minutes before the my slot. I arrived to early and had to wait at a nearby fastfood so I could review my docs. So basically since my purpose of travel is to "Visit Family/Friend" I have the following documents ready:
- My passport
- Declaration of Guarantee ("Formulier Garantstelling/Logiesverstrekking")
- copy of my friend and her hubby's passports
- their salary statements for the past 6 months (although only 3 is  required)
- Application form with passport picture
- My Certificate of Employment with Compensation
- Proof of Leave from my company (I only had email messages from my manager and client stating that my leave was approved)
- Travel/Medical Insurance (I got one from BPI/MS since it was the cheapest and easy to obtain since anyone could get it thru any BPI branch)
- Flight reservation - NOT PAID (I printed a reservation from Emirates Airlines since they have an option to pay to their Manila office)

These documents were on standby and were not submitted:
- my bank statements & credit card statements
- my friend and her hubby's income tax returns
- my friend and her hubby's job contracts
- pictures of me and my friend from way way back, and pictures of me, my friend and her hubby taken last year from their visit as proof that I know them personally
- post card from my friend inviting me to visit

When I got to the embassy, the guard asked me for my name to verify on his list. I saw my name and pointed it to him then he told me to turn off my mobile phone, have a seat inside and wait for my name to be called. There were 3 windows, all manned by pinays working for the embassy. I watched them as they talked to the others and found them nice.

I waited for like 10minutes before my name got called. When I went to the processing window. I greeted the pinay staff a good morning and she replied back. She said to give passport then she immediately scanned and stamped something on it. Then she asked for the Schengen visa application form and instructed me to have my fingerprints scanned. She asked my purpose of travel and I said I'm visiting a friend then she asked for the notarized Declaration of Guarantee. She read it for a minute, returned it and asked for a copy. She asked who will be covering the expenses and I said my friend will and asked for proof of financial means and I gave her the copy of their salary statements. She said to give my Certificate of Employment and Leave of Absence then asked what company I worked for, my position and my salary. Then she asked how long I intended to visit and I said 14 days only told her that I'll be leaving on May 24 and I should be back here by June 8. She checked the application form and encircled 14 days then returned my original COE and asked for a copy of it, as well as my flight reservation. She asked for a copy of my travel insurance. I gave her all the pages but she only got the first page. Finally she asked how I got to know my friend, what she does for a living, as well as what her husband does and if they have any kids. My answers were short, almost in phrases only. Then she told me that processing may take up to 15 days and I just check in online thru VFS Global website and then just ask the guard if there are any public service announcement.

So I left the window with mixed emotions... confused, kinakabahan, excited, etc. I was thinking if I should've submitted the other docs but I was told that I shouldn't submit anything that wasn't asked. I went to the guard to ask if I was done and he said that I should just wait for 2 weeks. He asked what window I went to, I said window 3 then he smiled. Yung nakakalokong smile at nakakaasar kasi hindi mo alam kung may meaning na sanay bang magpadeny yung asa window or ok na yung application ko.

The next day I checked my application status online and it said that my passport has been dispatch to the embassy for evaluation. That was the status from April 4-9. I even called VFS Global several times and I was given the same answer. On the night of April 9, I checked the status and to my surprise it said that it has been sent to the courier (2Go). I called VFS Global the next day and confirmed that my passport was en route to my address but they don't know if my visa was approved or denied. Nakakaasar kasi suspence pa rin! April 11, 2 days after my passport was sent to the courier I still don't have my passport. I should've been an overnight delivery so I called VFS and I was given 2Go customer service number. I called 2Go and was shocked that they couldn't see the delivery status at first and I had to be transferred to several people before 1 of them confirmed that it as already at the office near me. They said that they will call the local office to follow up since I should've received it the day before. I asked for local number as well but when I was writing the number, the courier came. I opened the package and was so glad to find out that my visa was approved.

Unlike most of the people here who got a visa and more days on their intended stay, mine was only for the dates I planned to be there: May 24-June8. Anyway, I'm still ecstatic that I finally have a visa!

Things also started to fall into place as air fares went down. I booked Singapore Airlines since my friend had a good experience with them. I was too afraid to book Malaysian Airlines and some Chinese airlines. Other airlines like Etihad and Emirates have long layovers and some like Cathay/KLM are pang mayaman.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:56:34 pm by c0re21 »

annperalta

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »
Hi! Congrats that you passed and got your visa already. I had mine lodged at the same embassy too but mine went out smoothly as i got it 2 days after i pass all my requirements and interview.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:46 am »
@vhanya, I copy/pasted your inquiry here from the European Tour thread as it concerns visa application and might help other members who might find themselves in the same situation in the future:

Re: European Tours Thread 4
« Reply #86 on: Today at 12:10:51 AM »

Girls, just need clarification re: plane reservation for the visa. Does it have to be active?

I coursed my plane reservation via Emirates office by calling them today. Agent told me the ticket is valid til July 4th for payment (our visa appointment thru VIa.ph is not til july 14th). Of course di ko pa babayaran coz I need to secure visa first although meron naman na ako used schengen visa before.

I don't want to pay for it yet kasi di pa final if we will push through or not for our august trip (company problem ekek). I just want to secure visa so if ever we did push through, i can buy the plane ticket asap and we can go anytime on the validity dates on the visa (our itinerary and hotels bookings are good for a 1 month visa but actually baka nga 2 weeks lang kami).

Is this plane reservation good na? It has our flight details naman eh or do i need to course our plane ticket reservation through a travel agency like what we did before?

Thank sisses! Im trying to be 100% DIY sa trips namin =)


Here's my reply to your PM:

Normally industry practice is one week to three days before departure when they finalize the bookings/tickets. Probably give Emirates a call to extend your deadline until the 20th (one week after your application). Just in case the embassy will check, your booking status is still valid.

Otherwise, check with the other air carriers if you can get a booking with a deadline after your application. Or go the travel agency route and have your agent do a dummy booking for you.

My apprehension with having an expired booking is the embassy might decide to check. Although sometimes they don't especially if you already have a travel history i.e. used schengen visas.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:06:44 am by mama squeak! »

kulitkidz

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2014, 09:52:13 pm »
 Hi! question po, what kind of visa kaya pwede ko apply? I'm planning to tag along with my husband this november sa germany. Sa kanya po no problem na since may multiple business visa na sya courtesy of his employer. Paano ko kaya pwede i-link yung part na yung accomodation ko is free since sabit lang ako sa business trip ng husband ko? Thanks in advance :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:26 am »
^sis, sa German embassy ka mag-aaply for your Schengen visa. Aside from the documents required for your personal application (you can click on the link on the first page), your letter of application addressed to the embassy should state that you will be accompanying your husband on his business trip. You will then have to include additional supporting documents like a copy of your husband's invitation letter or any letter from his company stating his purpose of travel to Germany, company ID and your marriage certificate to prove your relationship.

 :)

kulitkidz

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2014, 06:37:52 pm »
thanks mama squeak! your response gives me hope to try :) (yoko ko kasi ma deny dyahe naman sa asawa ko) so bali tourist visa ako? dapat din pala as early as this month hingi ko na yung letter of invitation ng husband ko para ma process na application ko? hehe dakilang taga luto lang naman papel ko dun for 3 weeks :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2014, 10:55:07 am »
^Yup, short stay tourist visa. Yes try to prepare all your supporting docs early so you can schedule an appointment na. Since November yung departure nyo you can apply by next month na (you can only apply 3 months before your intended departure date).

There's a Germany Thread in case you need tips where to go there. I love Germany!

 :)

kulitkidz

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2014, 12:22:28 pm »
^mama squeak, just 2 more questions before i finally apply at german embassy. It states there to give detailed travel destination & travel route, so gawa ako ng iti namin while in frankfurt tapos can i print it in an ordinary bond paper? should i sign it?  or can i include it nalang sa letter of application ko? tia :) got to read the germany thread for iti :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 01:10:11 pm »
^sis since you'll be there to accompany your hubby on business, you can state in your application letter that you'll be staying in FRA(?) the whole time. Pag tinanong ka during your interview you can always tell the consul your IT would depend on your hubby's schedule. Probably do day trips during his off days. Or solo trips nearby while your hubby's working. Kaya ready ka rin with places you want to visit while you're there. The letter of application you have to sign it (ordinary bond paper will do).

Good luck! And see you in the Germany thread.  :)

kulitkidz

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2014, 08:25:39 pm »
thanks mama squeak :)  kailangan ba muna ma kumpleto ko yung supporting documents bago ako mag lodge ng online application? tsaka yung bank soa for 6 months meron na ako nun with letterhead of bpi, kaya lang ano ibig ng confirmation by the bank? should i still ask for bank certificate on top of my 6 mos. soa? thanks uli :)

jha6354

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2014, 05:24:49 am »
Hi,

I asked for assistance with a travel agency. I told them, I intend to stay in France for my 14days trip with short side trips to italy and switzerland. Since, i'll be staying at my friend's house, the travel agency will provide me a mock hotel booking and airline ticket.

The travel agency told me they usually apply schengen visa at Switzerland embassy because they are more linient and they don't have interview.

My question is, since I'll be staying longer in France, and my point of entry and exit will be France too, will this cause and problem if my schengen visa will be issued by Switzerland embassy?

TIA

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:07 am »
@kulitkidz, sis you can schedule na your application while completing your supporting documents. You just have to be sure kumpleto yung docs mo by the time of your interview. Mabilis naman na ngayon ang processing ng visa.

Your 6 months SOA certified by the bank should be enough to prove your financial capacity to travel.

@jha6354, as long as your schengen visa is valid there shouldn't be any problems.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:24:20 am by mama squeak! »

jha6354

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2014, 02:57:08 am »
@mama squeak! what if I will not go to Switzerland? and I'll get a visa at Swiss Embassy, will it be a problem in my record? Since i'll get my entry and exit stamp in my passport at France.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2014, 09:19:32 am »
^sis, I understood your question the first time. The schengen visa is good for all schengen-participating states. So maski saan ka mag-enter or exit it doesn't matter as long as your visa is valid. It also won't reflect negatively on your records. If you'll be questioned by the IO at your point of entry, you can always say your travel plans changed.

It is only during the application process where it matters kung saan ka mag-aaply ng visa but since your travel agency will be doing the application for you at the Swiss embassy complete with supporting docs then there shouldn't be any problems. If you're still worried then lubos-lubusin mo na yung bayad mo sa travel agent and ask them for a dummy booking i.e. transpo from France to Switzerland and back, hotel bookings to coincide with your "stay" in Switzerland, etc.

IMO, you don't need the services of a travel agent when applying for a schengen visa (unless wala ka talagang time to do it yourself). If you back read on this thread and the earlier ones, most of the members here including myself have DIYed their application. Nakatipid ka pa ng service charge. How much is the going rate nowadays? 3K? 4K?

 :)

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2014, 03:35:18 pm »
Question mga sis,
Sinasagutan ko kasi yung Schengen Visa Application Form and bigla akong nalito. We're planning to travel Europe after we get married. Ang passport na gagamitin ko ay yung existing passport ko pa rin. So ang isasagot ko sa application form ko sa 1.Surname (Family name) & 2.Surname at birth (Former family name) ay yung surname ko sa passport hindi yung surname ng husband ko, is that right? Papaano naman kaya sa Marital Status? Hindi ko kasi sure kung meron na kaming marriage certificate by that time. Single parin ba ang isasagot ko? If that so, hindi ko pwedeng isagot na honeymoon pag tinanong yung purpose of jorney?

Sorry if OT or kung nasagot na ito dati.. Many thanks in advance!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »
^sis, you fill up the form based on the details of your current valid passport. When is your application/interview date? Before your wedding or after? If before declare mo single if after married naman. In case you still don't have your NSO issued marriage certificate, you can tell them na you're still waiting for the issuance. It would help if you have other documents proving your marriage.

No problem naman declaring na honeymoon yung purpose of travel nyo. That is the truth naman di ba?

 :)

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:15 am »
yes mama squeak! honeymoon talaga ang purpose namin. or should i put 'tourism' na lang kaya? Our application will be a month after our wedding na. Worry ko kasi baka mas malaki yung chance na ma approve pag married rather than single.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2014, 10:56:18 am »
^Declare married then and tourism should be fine :)  Mas madali kumuha ng schengen visa compared to a US visa. As long as kumpleto required documents mo no reason para ka i-deny be it single or married ka.

112214bride

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2014, 01:07:34 pm »
sige ganun nalang. sana ma-approve! maraming salamat mama squeak!  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close