Author Topic: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**  (Read 77708 times)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
New home, ladies! Link to the previous thread.

To avoid redundant posts, here's a guide to the embassy's websites where you can apply for your Schengen Visas:

French Embassy

Italian Embassy

German Embassy

Spanish Embassy VFS Service

Dutch Embassy

Czech Republic

Austrian Embassy

Belgian Embassy **Also representing Hungary.

Norwegian Embassy**Also representing Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Estonia

Cost of Tourist/Business Visa:  EUR60  (short stay - less than or equal to 90 consecutive days)
                                                    EUR99 (more than 90 consecutive days)

Where do you apply?

If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that particular country.

If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your main destination (longer stay).

For example: France (3 days) Germany (6 days) Netherlands (2 days) Italy (4 days) **Apply at the German Embassy**

If you intend to visit several Schengen countries but do not have a main destination (equal number of days), you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your first point of entry.

For example: France (4 days) Germany (4 days) Netherlands (4 days) Italy (4 days) **Apply at the French Embassy**

:)

melodymedley

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Adventure Accounting: Balancing Life on a Budget
Good compilation up there mama squeak. I hope our fellow GTers will utilize the links and past threads.
===================
Sharing my Schengen Visa application with the Spanish Embassy.

Mar 21 - submitted my docs via VFS Global Spain
Mar 22 - got an SMS at night that I have a schedule sa Spain Embassy on March 27, 9:00am
Mar 27- interview in Spain Embassy
Apr 1 - 11:30 pm email that my visa application was already processed and ready for pick-up.
Apr 2 - claimed my passport with Schengen visa. DANCE DANCE JUMP JUMP. Date of visa issuance is Mar 27.

Some tips:
VFS Global
-Make sure na recent yung pic na isa-submit sa VFS Global - 6 months before. Dahil kinuripot ako, I reused my pics sa Japan Visa - at napansin yun nung staff and requested that I submit a more recent one. 7 months ago kasi na-issue yung Japan Visa ko. So I had to run to Glorietta kasi binigyan ako up to 1:00pm na deadline to submit the fresh photo.

-photocopy your accomplished visa application form. Sya yung magiging receiving copy mo.

Spain Embassy
-I was waiting at the embassy as early as 8:00am. You have to lodge your name dun sa guard sa baba. They call the names according dun sa log-sheet.
-although the text message says 9:00am ang appointment, 9:30 pa sila nagtawag for those na tourist visa.
-you will have to leave all your electronic gadgets sa guard - cellphone, camera, Ipod, etc.
-I was called around 10:30am. Mga 10:00am na rin kasi nagstart magtawag ng number.
-Standard Qs were asked. Itinerary, how much I was earning, how long na ako sa current company, that nature. I mentioned that I was traveling with a friend pero sa Norweigian Embassy sya mag-aaply because we have different itineraries during the last week of the trip. Mga less than 5 minutes lang yung interview sakin.

I subscribed dun sa SMS alert na Php 110.00. I got 2 [textspeak!] - 1) saying that my application was forwarded; 2) I have a visa appointment - although I think this will be texted kahit di ako nag-subscribe. For my peace of mind lang talaga.

Salamat sa mga naniwala na makakakuha pala ako. Medyo nakakakaba pa rin pala, kahit 2nd time na. Ewan ko ba.

Europe, here I come again!  8)
Balancing Life on a Budget
http://www.adventureaccounting.com/

burntbread

• Probationary
Hi melodymedley, you're info would have come in handy sana but my family and I went for our interview this morning at the Spanish embassy.  Sayang kasi, we waited an hour and 15 minutes outside the building in the heat from 9:15am to 10:30am, our interview was scheduled at 10am.  Ok lang sana to wait but I had my 2 kids with me, 2 yrs and the other 6 months.  If I had known the wait would be that long, I would have planned earlier to have my kids wait na lang sa starbucks near the embassy and when our name was near being called to have them go to the building.  I think 30 minutes had already passed by the time my husband brought our youngest na lang to the car to stay in the airconditioning because he was getting fussy.

Congratulations on getting your Schengen Visa.  Hopefully, we will be able to get ours also in a few days.  Keeping my fingers crossed. =)

I'm just wondering who interviewed you?  Was it the man or the woman?  Mabilis din yung interview sa amin.  Yung waiting time outside the embassy yung mahirap. hehe

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
had my interview with the French Embassy yesterday and it didn't go as expected. The guy was looking for my employment certificate and i didn't have one because i work for the family business and i am a partner. but he insisted and isip ko since i manage the business, ako mag sign ng sarili kong employment certificate? i've had visas from other EU countries, even US and UK and i was never asked for one since family business nga.

so i faxed it in the afternoon as i had some very important errands after. i called to confirm and he told me na malayo daw the fax machine. so being i sent my driver to drop the originals and he told my driver na can't accept it daw kasi his instruction was to send it not earlier than 1145am and not later than 1230pm which he never did.

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
^Ang labo naman non!

Question lang for the travel insurance requirement:  What do insurance companies usually require to get this?  Is there any insurance company who has an online purchasing system?

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
^ malabo nga, nakakainis to think pinoy din siya. i learned from friends na nakakainis nga talaga yung person na yun.

re travel insurance, try blue cross or chartis or assit-card.

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
^Thanks!  I just bought from Blue Cross online.

melodymedley

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Adventure Accounting: Balancing Life on a Budget
@sis burntbread: late na pala ang sharing ko. Sayang. Matagal talaga yung waiting time. I should've bought a newspaper so that I could read while waiting. The one who interviewed me was the younger girl sa window. Two women were doing the interviews during that time. Good luck on your visa! :)

Also, parang awkward lang kapag you'll be interviewed with friends. Tinanong kasi ako how much I was earning. Within earshot ng ibang tao yung Q&A eh. Edi malalaman ng iba yung sagot. Tinanong ko kay kuya guard kung ganun yung usual crowd. Sabi nya 1/3 than usual lang daw yung mga tao that time.

@little_princess: Kaloka yang experience mo *facepalm*

@sis melvel: I also bought my insurance from Blue Cross because I can do everything from my desk. Fill-out the form, scan, tapos online payment. Then they will send the policy via mail. Medyo kinailangan ko lang mag-follow-up last time dahil 3 days after payment pa sakin sinend yung policy.
Balancing Life on a Budget
http://www.adventureaccounting.com/

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
^I didn't have to fill out the form, sa online na lahat!  Sobrang convenient, and they sent me the policy immediately after payment.

Their rates are more expensive than the other insurance companies I inquired with (e.g. Ace Insurance), but at this point I'm going for convenience over savings.

My goal is to pay for everything even before I leave for Europe.  Para I don't spend for anything while I'm there, except for food and shopping.  So far, so good.

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
melodymedly, oo nga super kainis! but i asked my travel agent since she was there yesterday, ok na daw. so sana magrant lang yung visa and my request na long term.

question, do you guys always have travel insurance? parang natatamad na ako to get since this is my 3rd time to stay in Europe for a long period of time. never ko naman nagamit so parang i am tempted not to get one

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »
Would anybody know how much ang premium for 2.5M travel insurance? Ito kasi ang requirement ng Italian visa.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:49 pm »
^sis, bakit masyadong malaki yung amount? Minimum insurance for tourism purposes is only EUR30,000 or Php1.5M

As to the premium, the price will depend on how long the duration of the trip is (including allowance days) and the age of the passenger at the start of the journey. Just to give you an example our last trip was 3 weeks long and we're in our 40s, we paid around 2.3K each with Blue Cross.

You can check Blue Cross' website for a sample quotation. They have an online payment system.

mrs. sweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 09:10:10 pm »
Ok, thanks sis. Yan kasi nakalagay dun sa requirements, 2.5M insurance. 8 days italy tour lang naman

mrs. sweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:32:49 pm »
Medyo naguluhan ako sa visa application for Italy. A travel agent said no appearance, pero sa website ng Italian Embassy, may appearance.
Anybody applied for such? Need clarifications lang. Thanks.

candy_tone

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 10:10:43 am »
hi! we also applied for Schengen visa sa Italian embassy. Our first port of entry is UK kaya we made a personal appearance sa UK Border Agency no need na mag personal apperance pa sa Italian embassy they picked up our documents last March 22 via courier. Sad to say, wala pa rin kami balita sa status ng visa application namin our travel date is on April 20 na. Im quite worried na is it a good idea to call them up at their premium number??? Gaano ba katagal yung processing time for Italian visa? Our UK visa was approved within the 2 week timeframe nag follow up kami sa UK embassy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:21:48 am by candy_tone »

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:11 am »
^ give it until early next week before you follow up kasi sunod sunod holiday :) sana i will get na my passport today or at the latest tomorrow so that i'll find out if i have been granted a schengen visa

candy_tone

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 11:51:49 am »
yes nagkataon na holy week tapos holiday pa yesterday. Im hoping na ma- approve na yung visa namin through courier din kasi pag binalik worried lang ako kasi malapit na yung departure namin.... I will try to follow up later i will update you all kung ano nangyari... little_princess when did you apply for schengen visa?

Hayz... nagpa reserve na  kami sa BDO ng GBP and euro kahit wala pa kami balita...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:54:10 am by candy_tone »

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55:24 am »
^ april 2 interview ko. i spoke with my agent, will get my passport friday daw. so cross my fingers! alam ko italian embassy is a little bit matagal talaga

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 01:26:03 am »
Question regarding one of the financial documents required:  is it absolutely necessary for me to give a bank statement for the last three months?  My bank gave me a transaction history print out (which shows the movement in my account), but it's not a bank statement per se. 

Also, the guidelines mention that you submit one set of originals and one set of photocopies.  Then in the same guidelines, they say I need to submit one photocopy of my birth certificate?  So should I give a copy or an original?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:27:35 am by melvel »

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 07:05:25 am »
^ nope, never gave any bank statement except for hubby's because he banks with barclays. For local banks, i just ask for a bank certificate and bring my passbook or time deposit/investment certificate. I use bank certificates because it is more updated as they will give you the balance a day before lang unlike bank statement na previous month.

They usually ask for photocopies except for the bank certificate but you have to have the originals with you just in case they will ask for it. I have also submitted original birth certificates or marriage certificate and it was returned to me after my passport was released.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close