watch now

Author Topic: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**  (Read 101795 times)

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:52 pm »
Hello,

I hope you could give me some inputs.. We're planning to have our honeymoon sa France, Italy & London ng end of Nov to Dec. I'm currently unemployed and my fiancé will be financing my trip. I have OECD Visa na din and good travel record. I just like to know if anyone has been approved kahit na unemployed? what requirements din yung mga sinubmit nyo since wala pa marriage certificate? Thanks.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2014, 05:35:46 am »
charm0220 I applied for a UK visa 3 weeks after I got married. I put pictures of the wedding, invites and copy of the marriage license to support my civil status. Its not Schengen but baka pwede na din. That's all I could think kase to show that I am married.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2014, 06:39:22 am »
I applied for a schengen visa before i got married since we were going on our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding. I provided all the pertinent documents that I had for the wedding like the marriage license, invitation, church and hotel reception receipts/confirmation. my fiance also financed the trip so we provided additional documents like his financial records.

i applied for a UK visa a few months after the wedding and still didn't have the NSO marriage certificate so I showed them the certificate from the Church ceremony (you can get a copy of that soon after).

bebe_igel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:30 am »

This may be a stupid question :)

We are applying for UK and Schengen since our tour will use London as jump off point to visit six Schengen countries (applying at French Embassy) - do we need have our UK visa approved first?

Thanks :)

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2014, 12:41:07 pm »
^ Aside from a schengen visa, you should also have a UK visa although it really depends on you wheat you would apply first. Check the turn around time of visa issuance and see what fits your schedule :)

bebe_igel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »
^ thanks little_princess :)

We are scheduled next week for Schengen since application is straightforward and was able to set an appointment 3 weeks ago. We are just applying for UK online since our travel date is May 15 (3 months).

Concern is we will not get approve since we don't have yet the UK visa.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2014, 09:35:34 am »
That should be fine, the French embassy should know that the British embassy only accepts applications 3 months before the date of travel. Or if they ask, you can tell them. Just make sure your documents are complete :)

wavesplashes

  • Guest
Hello!
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »
Hi, girls.

I am planning to go on a Greece-Italy-France vacation with the boyfriend who presently resides in the Middle East - but he is Pinoy as well. Our target is December or February. I have few questions/scenarios in mind. I hope to hear from you.  :)

1. I have been reading posts about the bad weather in Greece during our target travel period. With that being said, we are thinking of reducing our stay there to 5 days only. Is it okay if we still apply at the Embassy of Greece and just come up with a "made up itinerary" stating that we'll spend more than 10 days in Greece though we are really not considering that? Just so we could have a simpler list of bookings and stuff.

2. If the consul (not sure that's how they're called) asks me if I will be traveling alone, can I answer that the boyfriend and I will be meeting up at the connecting flight airport? Is there a lesser chance of getting approved if I say that? My mind's too worried that I might get asked, "what if he gets denied and you get approved? What's the plan then?"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:02:47 pm by wavesplashes »

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2014, 05:38:21 pm »
^1. You can try but you have to make sure your supporting documents like hotel/apartment bookings will match your supposed to be 10-day itinerary in Greece. That is the first thing the embassy looks for among other things.

2. If you don't have anything to hide then tell the truth. Your intention of going to Europe is just to visit right? Getting a schengen visa is pretty straight forward. As long as you have the complete requirements no reason that you will be denied.

wavesplashes

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:08 pm »
Thanks, mama squeak! Yup we just want to go there for 21 days of vacay.  :) buti na lang there are bookings that can be cancelled without fee.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »
hi girls:) if mag aapply ng uk and schengen visa(italian embassy) ano mas maganda unahin? i heard kasi na strict ang italian embassy and matagal magrelease so better ba na uk visa muna? if hindi italian embassy kasabay, say czech, ok lang na mauna schengen visa application?:) just want to know your experiences.

thanks!:)

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »
if 3 months lead time, kaya naman both UK and Schengen. French embassy would release the passport in about 10 days, Italian embassy is 1 month max. So time it na lang 1.5 months before you leave. You can check the UK website on the average number of days before a passport is released and it is pretty accurate.

If you are pressed for time, the UK visa has a fast track application if you have a valid US, Schengen or even Australian (not sure) visa. You can get your passport in 2 days.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »
Mabilis na ngayon ang French embassy magrelease ng visa. Hubby got his visa in 5 working days only unlike mine last 2012 inabot ng 12 working days.

^^You can try giving the French embassy a call na if they can give you an appointment in April. Just be sure your appointment is within 3 months of your departure date for France.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »
ooh uk has a fast track option pala, great! im just really worried with the italian embassy, i think i read too much horror stories about them, from releasing your passport at the day of intended travel, making your report to a police station,  to losing your documents. will make sure im ready to apply and submit my complete documents 3 months before my target flight date.

thank you!:)

bratinella08

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:28 pm »
mga sis, need ba marunong ng french words sa visa application ng french embassy?

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »
^^ there's a charge for it ha, can't really remember now how much. but if you are pressed for time, that is one option for you.

^ umm i never encountered having to know or understand certain french words

artegirl

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »
finally got our Schengen visa from Italian Embassy!  Yey! Thanks so much girls for helping me out/replying to my questions.

Anyway, just to share our experience for the benefit of those who will also apply. 

Our original appointment with the Italian Embassy is originally Feb 14 (our departure date is May 11).  I just made 1 booking since my husband and I are lodging our application together.  Mali pala yun.  Good thing I thought to email the embassy on Jan 16 (fast turn around ng reply.  less than 3 hrs, meron na reply).  Yun pala, we have to have 2 separate appointments.  It is 1 applicant per time slot. So kanya kanya kami ng book, and our sched was Feb 17.  I'm at 10:30, while husband is at 10:40.  There's another person in the 10:35 slot. 

So when we got at the Zeta building, the lobby guard check if our names were on the list, tapos we were told to go to 6F na.  Pagdating sa 6F, the guard there will ask you to surrender your mobile phones.  Then on to the waiting area.  I think late na nagstart magtawag yung Visa Officers (tama ba?  they are Filipinos.  not consul), mga 9:30 na ata start, tapos 1 window lang may tao.  Our appointment is 10:30 pero past 11 na kami natawag.  Upon approaching the window, I asked agad if pwede sabay na kmi ni husband.  Pede naman (kahit there's a big notice there that only 1 person at a time sa window).  I was thinking of just handling over whatever the VO requested, pero  he told me to hand eveything na agad.  All originals.  He immediately noticed the TCTs, gave them back to me and asked for the photocopy.  He went through all the docs and would ask questions na din.  All important docs (i.e. ITR, NSO marriage & birth cert) he returned the originals and instead requested for a photocopy.  Tapos biometrics na.  VO told us that the consul will still review our papers.  Pag may question, they will call us.  Gave us each a piece of paper and indicated pickup date of Mar 7.  Wow!  15 working days.  Sobra ang tagal.  Parang Duomo sa Florence, inabot ng more than 1 century bago matapos....

Grabe, mental torture talaga waiting for Mar 7.  I'm always checking my phone baka tumawag ang embassy for some question....

Our pickup time is 12nn-1pm.  we were there at exactly 12 nn.  12:30 na hindi pa rin kami tinatawag.  husband is getting hungry and cranky na (I know, parang may akong kasamang 2 y.o.).  almost 1pm na kami tinawag.  And finally, I'm holding our visa!  we got 35 days multiple entry (our request is 16 days, single entry since Italy lang naman destination namin).  the date of issue is Feb 27.  sana they inform agad pag meron na decision...

But now I'm really excited to be finalizing our plans na =) 

I funny question, though.  How do you pronounce Schengen?   






mrs. sweet

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2014, 10:41:41 am »
^tagal na pala nila mag-release ng visa now? last year, 9 days lang inabot yung sa amin :)

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »
Schengen is pronounced as sheng-en, shengen.

bratinella08

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application Thread 3 **Check page 1 for reference links**
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2014, 10:25:36 am »
Mga sis, tnx sa thread nato, i learned a lot, dapat sa french embassy kami mag apply pero wala ng slot available kaya change iti kami and applied for netherlands. Thank God, 90days multiple entry granted samin. Mama squeak! Thanks for answering all my questions 😊

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close