watch now

Author Topic: 2014 brides part3  (Read 108286 times)

belindada

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2013, 12:02:59 am »
July 2014 bride here. ;)  So far, we have booked our church, at Pope John Paul II Parish in Eastwood.  That's about it pa lang.  We're booking our reception venue this weekend.:)

Thank you girls, for the awesome ideas.  I got a lot from just reading threads.:)

Shobesnoogums

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2013, 12:28:00 am »
Hi belindada , welcome to GT :) same tayo ng church. May 2014 naman kami.

unicahija7

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2013, 01:29:33 am »
May Sports Central Sale pa rin later along with the wedding fair. Expect maraming tao sa paligid and the lines for the sale are exagg sa dami. Baka ma-switch yung attention ko at imbes mag-book for the wedding e bumili ako ng workout apparels. LOL  :-X

Anyhow, later is dubbed as an intimate wedding fair. So I won't be placing high hopes here kaya okay lang sa akin to ge there on my own muna because H2B has work pa until 5PM. If waley talaga ako makitang rings and matapos ko na kausapin si Imagine Nation, uwi na lang ako and hindi ko na pasusunurin si H2B. HAHA! :)

See you tomorrow, ladies!

kittywhite

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2013, 08:14:50 am »
Sis kittywhite may specific preference ka ba like you want it old church na vintage-ish, modern ba?

sis we want to look for a venue muna kasi before sa church. mas marami kasing church kesa sa venue haha.

per yeah, vintage kasi theme namin kaya ayaw ko sana ng modern structure. :)

sarahjm

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2013, 08:28:04 am »
Hello sissies!  ;D

Dec 2014 b2b here! I am also a newbie here pero eversince my friend's wedding back in 2010, I have been an avid reader already. Ang dami kong nakukuhang ideas dito.  And hopefully, makakuha din ng help/advice dito during my preps.

TIA!  ;D

kittywhite

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:09 pm »
Hello sissies!  ;D

Dec 2014 b2b here! I am also a newbie here pero eversince my friend's wedding back in 2010, I have been an avid reader already. Ang dami kong nakukuhang ideas dito.  And hopefully, makakuha din ng help/advice dito during my preps.

TIA!  ;D

nakapagstart ka na ba sa wedding preps mo sis? Ano ano na nabook mo?

jhayie

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »
Hi sissies! I went to the bridal fair today at megamall. There is this one caterer: robert camba. I've checked their packages and they are pretty much cheaper than other caterers. Meron po ba sa inyo na natry na services nila and venue? Im doubting their prices. Baka kasi may catch. Thanks.

femmenagerie

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »
hi jhayie, i think we were able to try robert camba for a past event. If i remember correctly, masarap food nila and ok naman staff. how was the wedding fair? :p sinu-sino suppliers andun? hehe!

kittywhite

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »
Hi sissies! I went to the bridal fair today at megamall. There is this one caterer: robert camba. I've checked their packages and they are pretty much cheaper than other caterers. Meron po ba sa inyo na natry na services nila and venue? Im doubting their prices. Baka kasi may catch. Thanks.

sis, you might want to read reviews muna about robert camba. May ilan akong nabasang negative reviews about them e.

nikki09

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »
Sana hindi na lang ako pumunta sa fair kanina, grabe isang hall lang and super konti ng suppliers well super dami ang p/v suppliers, saw 1 mobile bar na walang bar tender or server and meron din ang marga rush na parang ayaw mag pa free taste nung guy na bantay up to the point na sinasabihan na siya nung girl na kasama niya na bigyan kami and omg he walks away, biglang pumunta sa likod nung booth nila, so yung girl na yung nagbigay sa amin. Kudos sa hmua suppliers na nandun super maka entertain and super willing magdiscuss ng packages nila pati na rin yung isang strings supplier and the p/v suppliers.

Nakakasad lang na I'll have to go pa sa megamall from manila sa kainitan ng araw and hindi marami ang suppliers sa fair :( Nag straight 16hrs shift pa ako kagabi til this morning para lang masingit ko ang pagpunta dun sa fair kasi may family affair pa ako tonight, sana natulog na lang ako right after work.


j.adore

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2013, 08:41:58 pm »
Expected yun sis nikki09 kasi isang hall unlike the last one held in Megatrade more than one :(

earthangelivy

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »
Sis belindada, was there sa Pope John Paul II Parish in Eastwood. Nice naman yung church kaso kinda short yung aisle. But if that is not a big deal for you, ok lang kasi maganda naman yung church. :)

Ah okies sis kittywhite, good thing madami namang venues that are vintage themed. Manila has tons of that! Especially sa Intramuros.

Sis jhayie, tama si sis kittywhite, there are a few negative comments about Robert Camba before. Although, I tasted their food na in a past event and okay din nga. It's the service, I think ang naging issue.

Awts sad naman sis nikki09, I was planning to check them out pa naman tomorrow since I am still looking for invitation suppliers. Di nalang ako punta, will just wait for the next one.

c_a_k_e

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »
Hi to all 2014 brides, question lang what's the reasonable price of entourage dresses? I though it's more appropriate to ask the price in this thread since we're all getting married in 2014 so we will have a better benchmark for the rates. Thank you :)

earthangelivy

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2013, 11:14:08 pm »
Hi, sis c_a_k_e. The entou dresses ranges from as low as Php 2,500 to as high as Php 10,000 depende who you are going to get it from. These are all based on my research from different designers and dress makers that I have spoken to. :)

c_a_k_e

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »
Hi earthangelivy sino designer yung 2.5k? maayos ba? or one of those who have bad reviews? Thanks :)

earthangelivy

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:19 am »
^ That is Amonn Velasco, but that is tea-length only. The floor length ones cost 3k. Still cheap compared to others. And I've seen his work first hand and okay naman. I know a couple of friends who got him for their wedding gown and entourage dresses narin and ok naman yung feedback for him.

Isabella_15

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2013, 12:47:45 am »
Hi mga sis, may feedback ba kayo kay Jorge Palmos? Thanks :)

unicahija7

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2013, 01:00:00 am »
I was in the fair this afternoon too but unlike sis nikki09, I expected it not to be a hit. They dub it as an intimate wedding fair kaya it's expected na ganun lang tapos 1 hall. Kaya when we went there may mission talaga ako: to get rings and talk to Imagine Nation para hindi ako ma-distract. :D Tsaka I went there almost 5PM na kasi the H2B's coming fromt the office pa.

Mission accomplished naman kami. I bumped into Alex Ruelo in the booth of On Site Studio. Siya ang sume-sales talk dun. To make the long story short, I am now torn on who to get as our main photographer-- him or Larry. Larry was our original choice because of his fun-romantic approach whereas Alex naman kasi is more on portraits. He was very warm and engaging siguro we talked for almost an hour. Feeling ko friends na kami. But I wanted to think about it muna kasi nga last time I went impulsive with my decision, I ended up forfeiting our reservation for the first photographer. Medyo nag-away kami ni bf nun. HAHA! Kaya kanina I specifically told Alex na we'll discuss and think about it if we were to stick with Larry or change sa kanya at least before INP's rates increase. Ending, wala kaming nabook na photographer except for the rings. I'm happy with it gusto ko na isuot at iuwi but 1 month pa raw bago magawa. Hihi! :)


belindada

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2013, 01:18:30 am »
earthangelivy, yep, the aisle is ok with me.  And the size of the church is just right for us.:)

I also went to the fair earlier this afternoon with H2B, just to scout for potential suppliers.  My first time. 'Was a bit overwhelmed of the discount on their rates, and was seriously considering booking Photoman.:) Good thing, H2B was there, as the voice of reason, and he told me na we should over the things we need to book first, and the things we just want and can do without, so we will not go over our budget.:)

kittybabe

  • Guest
Re: 2014 brides part3
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2013, 01:49:58 am »
hi sis unicahija, alex ruelo was our first choice with photos kasi ang galing nya sa portraits and all of his photos almost no need for post-processing and he's good with natural light. however when we told him our wedding date, booked na pala sya...it was heartbreaking for me coz we really liked his work...in fairness, alex tried to give us feedback on other imaginenation photogs kung sino ok na kunin or almost same style nila for our wedding, pero iba pa rin style ni alex from other photogs...so ayun, we left the IM booth with a heavy heart.

we are now talking to gail bitoon of foreveryday photo (apprentice of Pat Dy) kasi we liked his photo style din. so hopefully, we can meet halfway with the price and book him for our wedding na... :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:35:50 am by mama squeak! »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close