Author Topic: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?  (Read 21407 times)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »
^So sad nga but im OK now. Move on na tayo mga sis it's been 2 1/2 months. Importante maganda ang samahan nyo ng partner mo. I'd go with all white bouquet (white roses and calla lilies). Will post the pics soon.

djctapalla23

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2015, 06:34:14 pm »
Sorry to hear about your wedding imprincessfiona pero ang tagal naman makuha ng pictures and videos mo. I'll check this with my P/V. As for the flowers, I'll be opting for mostly white but with my motif (shades of blue & gold). I'm thinking of using other flowers than roses kasi mas gusto ko talaga na cascading yung bouquet ko and not posey.

f878

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »
sis imprincessfiona i hope kahit naging hassle yung ibang suppliers mo maging ok pa din ang output nila in the end. :)

mga sis,
pwedeng magpa-survey? :D
medyo napapaisip kase ako for my bridal bouquet. it will be all-white pero i'm choosing between tulips or ecuadorian roses. same price lang kase sila with my florist.
i love the drama and romance of e. roses pero i'm also drawn to the simplicity and structure of tulips.
any feedbacks or additional pros/cons..?
i'd appreciate it a lot. :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2015, 02:12:53 pm »
f878, to me an all-white bouquet of tulips gives a youthful, light and fresh feel. Ecuadorian roses signify timeless elegance and romance. I think you can choose based on your theme also. Like I would choose tulips for a morning wedding or a shabby chic theme. Roses for an afternoon wedding and formal/blacktie affair. That's just me! Curious to see how the others reply. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2015, 02:34:39 pm »
f878, are you set on doing a single flower type? Why not have both? :) Especially if you add a third element for texture, like white astilbe or queen anne's lace. :D

If it's definitely one or the other, I'd choose tulips, but I have a soft spot for them so I'm biased. You might want to consider double tulips if your florist can get them -- they're my very favourite kind and are really pretty and romantic. Might be the best of both worlds :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2015, 03:09:55 pm »
Pure white Ecuadorian Roses for my bouquet with few gems to match my gown. :)

kateguerzon08

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2015, 03:29:27 pm »
sharing my bridal bouquet by serge igonia.  ;D http://tinypic.com/r/245agrs/8
its a mix of yellow ranunculus and sampaguita buds.  ;D

hi sis! i like your bridal bouquet..and sakto sa filipiniana theme and black and yellow motiff ko, hehe, pakopya ako sis gawin ko lang reference ha, salamat!  ;D

ece

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »
torn din ako ditto. gusto ko sana ng cascading white orchids, kaya lang nasa isip ko, parang hindi naman ata bagay sa rustic theme namin.  :-\ feeling ko, bagay ay colorful. eh pano na siya magiging iba sa mga abay?

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2015, 05:56:21 pm »
ece, you can definitely make a cascading white orchid bouquet more rustic -- just mix in some accents for texture (choose softer-looking flowers like ranunculus, lisianthus, garden roses, matthiolas) and maybe some wild greenery, and keep it loose and romantic. I love this one from Martha Stewart (it's pink but it should give you an idea of what a rustic orchid cascade would look like): http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/273370/orchid-wedding-flower-ideas/@center/352442/wedding-flowers-style#271009

ece

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »
ece, you can definitely make a cascading white orchid bouquet more rustic -- just mix in some accents for texture (choose softer-looking flowers like ranunculus, lisianthus, garden roses, matthiolas) and maybe some wild greenery, and keep it loose and romantic. I love this one from Martha Stewart (it's pink but it should give you an idea of what a rustic orchid cascade would look like): http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/273370/orchid-wedding-flower-ideas/@center/352442/wedding-flowers-style#271009

sis sevenstars! thank you! this will be in my mood board for bouquet!  thank you talaga! plus plan ko din talaga na may ribbon- ribbon effect na mahaba. nice! thank you talaga!  :-*

btw, ang galing mo sis, pwede ka na magflorist! ni google ko pa actually yung mga sinabi mong flowers para maintindihan ko siya. hehe..

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2015, 09:28:26 pm »
ece, I actually arrange flowers as a hobby -- my friends and family usually ask me to make centrepieces when they host parties and stuff. I thought about making a career out of it pero feeling ko I can't handle the schedule... I love sleeping too much, lol. But I'm glad my obsessive research can help other people :D

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:52 pm »
I always dream of a bridal bouquet with pink tulips, coral peach roses & pink stargazer ;D

f878

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2015, 04:29:32 am »
thanks for raising good points sis reese17. :) we're having a garden wedding in the afternoon pero wala talaga kameng theme. basta black & white ang motif kaya i'm aiming for something simple but eye-catching pa rin.

sis sevenstars, ang knowledgeable mo naman sa flowers! galing. :) i had no idea meron palang double tulips and when i googled it ang ganda pala! and very romantic nga. :D
i was set on getting just one type pero because of your suggestion, i'll ask for possible combinations sa florist ko.

thanks girls!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2015, 08:50:59 am »
Wow f878! The black and white theme is so chic and nice. :) That was the original theme I wanted, as in I had an entire Pinterest board dedicated to it but so many family members objected. Parang lamay daw ng patay! Argh. So enjoy, sis. :) I'm sure it's going to look amazing.

Redishred Correa

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2015, 09:04:32 am »
For me I want white to be its primary color but I want other light colors on it. :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2015, 01:23:05 pm »
sis reese17 can i see your pinterest board? baka makakuha din ako ng inspirations. :) hihi
may napapailing din when we say na our motif is B/W pero we emphasize na lang na it's what we really want. we even have a guest na nagsabi sa parents ko na di sya pupunta if we push through with the motif. kfine na lang kay tita. haha
i know your chosen theme & motif is really beautiful too sis. :) happy preps!

ece

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »
ece, I actually arrange flowers as a hobby -- my friends and family usually ask me to make centrepieces when they host parties and stuff. I thought about making a career out of it pero feeling ko I can't handle the schedule... I love sleeping too much, lol. But I'm glad my obsessive research can help other people :D

pwede padin sis! pero limit your clients lang para may time padin ng madaming tulog. mas gusto ko din yun! matulog. hahahaha!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »
f878, I sent you a PM re the Pinterest board. :)

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »
im thinking of a white bouquet hehe :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Bridal bouquet: all white or colorful?
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2015, 04:16:35 am »
going for an all white bouquet. im thinking peonies, roses and baby's breath. or maybe ill just skip the roses. ang hirap magdecide!  :-\ 

sis f878 parang nakukulangan ako sa bouquet of all white tulips... yung mga nakikita ko kasing ganito mas nag-standout pa yung greens na kasama ng tulips instead of the tulips itself. parang ang payat naman nung bouquet pag walang greens. i like my flowers kasi to be open and busog. lol. does that make sense?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close