watch now

Author Topic: Everything about Rosacea  (Read 14647 times)

merchee

  • Guest
Everything about Rosacea
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:57:57 am »
Quote
Rosacea /roʊˈzeɪʃiə/ is a chronic condition characterized by facial erythema (redness)[2] and sometimes pimples.[3] Rosacea affects all ages and has four subtypes, three affecting the skin and the fourth affecting the eyes (ocular type). Left untreated it worsens over time. Treatment in the form of topical steroids can aggravate the condition.[4]

Rosacea is usually mistaken with acne. the following are some of the difference of the two:

1. Rosacea occurs typically in grownups, while acne starts from the teen ages.
2. Acne breaks out on the neck, back, arms and facial skin, whereas Rosacea is only seen on the nose, cheeks and face.
3. Rosacea and acne can be present in the same individual.
4. Acne is associated with oily skin, whereas Rosacea occurs in dry facial skins.
5. Acne and Rosacea both have many types, and they are both two different types of skin disorders.

I have a very sensitive skin and could be combination since I only gets oily on my t-zone and dry on my cheeks. I have tiny rashes on my face called papule which also have been identified with rosacea type 2 recently. I usually get red after washing my face, when it gets too cold or hot, etc. I thought the rashes were caused by my very sensitive skin. 

Treatments are available now for rosacea but there's only few companies locally (VMV have a skin care line for rosacea) that caters to this kind of skin condition. I'm slowly building up good skin care routine for my sensitive skin.

Do you also have rosacea? What do you use to treat this? Let's share our experiences and everything about this :)

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:48:26 pm »
Hi sis, I have a mild case of rosacea too. I didn't even know it until my derma pointed it out to me. I think we have the same skin type too.  My derma prescribed skinoren and I'm using it since August last year. So far so good.

Here's my skin regimen:
Mornings:
Aknicare facial wash
Skinmedica toner
Skinoren
Eyecream (I forgot the brand but this is just for wrinkle prevention)

Evenings:
Terpoline remover to remove makeup
Cleansing grains
Skinmedica toner
Skinoren
Eyecream

And:
AcneAdvance (praventin) taken 3x a day

All these are prescribed by my derma. Medyo pricey but I love my doc, she's so fantabulous e. :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:02:22 pm by purplewanderer »

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:55 pm »
^san sya nabibili sis?

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:08 pm »
I bought it from my derma, baka available sya sa Mercury drug. I'm not sure though if you need prescription to buy it.

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »
purplewanderer who is your derma if you don't mind. I have rosacea too e, kaso puro laser ang gusto ng derma ko.  E ang mahal!

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:37:14 pm »
^Dra. Lucia Fores of Renergy. Renergy is in Serendra. If your hmo is Intellicare, covered ang consultation fee at Makati Med. Skinoren is azelaic acid and ni-google ko, yun nga din yung ginagamit ng iba for rosacea pero not sure if pang mild rosacea lang sya. This first week of January, nag-azelaic mesopeel naman kami. Actually gusto ko rin magpa-laser for my deep scars naman, but doc advised that we clear up my face first.  :)

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:33:13 am »
from what I read about rosacea, IPL treatments where the easiest way to have clear skin. Kaso nga lang it's mahal. Pero aside from IPL you still have to continue your skin care routine for maintenance.

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:03 am »
^true sis. Yung sakin naman nakuha naman sa skinoren. Severe ba ang rosacea mo? My doc does IPL too pero she didn't recommend it. Or maybe not yet. From what I've read, 6mos max lang pwede gamitin ng tuloy tuloy ang skinoren so this feb, di ko pa alam kung anong gagawin ni doc sa face ko. :)

toxicity

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:50 am »
c hubs meron nito. Minsan sobrang red ng cheeks/face nya then the next day clear naman. i gave him neutrogena moisturizer naku lalo naging severe takot na tuloy mag moisturizer lol

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:22:38 am »
^sis, merong line ang VMV for rosacea i think RED Better is the name.  mukhang promising sha though ang prob ko kasi ay hindi yung redness more like rashes or what they called pupules. :(

^^hindi naman severe sis. mild lang pero sa parts na may rashes, super dry then the rest oily. Right now, I'm using physiogel for the dry areas. Calm naman ang rashes whenver I apply it. Lalo na pag gising ko every morning. Kaso during the day lumalabas sila :(

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »
@toxicity, how did you guys know that your hubby has rosacea? Kasi ako di ko talaga alam na yung sakin ay rosacea pala, kala ko namumula lang kasi sensitive ang skin ko. Si doc lang ang nag-identify as rosacea.

@merchee, nakapagpacheck ka na ba sa doc before regarding your rosacea?

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »
^yes sis pero hindi ko na na-follow up.

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »
grabe ang rosacea ko now! :(

any updates??

ajang

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 05:45:35 am »
im not sure if i have this. may time kasi na rosy cheeks ako may time na red daw. pero recently napapansin ko may mga pics ako na red/rosy cheeks ako. pangit minsan tignan kasi ang pula ng face ko tapos ang puti ko.

can you recommend a doctor na pwede mag-consult? TIA  ;)

teal_rayy

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:30:25 pm »
My ob was the one who assumed I have rosacea but never really got serious about inquiring for any solution since cute naman tignan. 

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »
Hello, any update on your skin conditions and referral ng Dermatologist within Metro Manila, preferable Makati or QC? I suspect my brother has rosacea. Thanks in advance.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 11:21:41 pm »
I have Rosacea too. Naku, ang tagal ko ng battle to. I really have to be careful with skincare. I tried Deciem's Azeleic Acid pero parang half na ng tube yung nagamit ko pero napakaminimal ng effect. Pero ok lang mura naman.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 03:26:59 pm »
^Sis, nagpa consult ka na ba? Saan if I may ask?

IronLady

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »
Anong cause ng rosacea? Hormonal imbalance din ba? May gawd 6 mos ago nagbreakouts ako. It started after magbeach then lipat ng new work/house. Di na naclear up! Im
Suspecting i have rosacea. Kasi
May azelaic lotion akong tnry um okay sya konti. My derma kasi binigyan
Ako cortisoid. E 1wk lang yun pwede gamitin. After a week humuhupa yung kati tapos babalik or magkakapimples naman 😩. Plan ko magpalit ng derma. Try ko skinoren kaso baka need prescription? Gusto ko kasi may toner eh. Super pinalitan ko din regimen ko. Dati super ok sa korean skin care ngayon kahit anong pahinga. Everytime maglagay ako ng toner/'oisturizer/serum nangangati ako or ngkakapimple! Haysss

yellowminion

  • Guest
Re: Everything about Rosacea
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 11:25:36 am »
I have mild Rosacea in my face. Up to now I'm not sure what caused it. I suspect the harsh products I keep using on my face before. Na-miss ko yung clear and glowing face ko huhu.

Weeks ago my face is super OA dry talaga na di na kinakaya ng ordinary moisturizer ko. So I used Origins overnight mask-yun lang kasi nahanap ko na deeply moisturizing. It's supposed to be used at night time only pero I used it also in the morning dahil wala el ni?o talaga ang face ko nakakaiyak minsan hayy ka-stress.

Right now wala ng redness yung face ko. I'm not sure if it's the moisturizer or because I continue taking oral gluta and other supplements though dry and flaky pa rin yung nose part ko

Now I bought The Ordinary's Azaleic acid and Cosrx Honey Ceramide. Hopefully my face's dryness will be lessened by this though still searching pa rin kung paano ang magiging am/pm routine ko.

How about you sisses? How's your rosacea? Ano ang am/pm routine niyo?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close