watch now

Author Topic: Best Contour Powder  (Read 69359 times)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2015, 01:37:53 am »
thank you sis irene and simang! kumusta ang staying power niya? I'm planning kase to buy contouring powders and creams for some dancers..and these dancers are dancing under the extreme heat of the sun at noon. (sinulog) Preferably not too expensive, if local brand or department store ok lang, preferably not high end.
And I'm working with dancers na yung skin shades nila ay from NC15-NC25 :)

nicole_uya

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2015, 08:34:53 am »
I have the Anastasia Contouring Kit but I use my Inglot contour powder so much more that I've hit pan on it. Inglot's is more cool toned which looks more natural for depth and shadow, whereas I feel like Anastasia's tends to have warmer tones.

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2015, 02:24:49 pm »
I have the Anastasia Contouring Kit but I use my Inglot contour powder so much more that I've hit pan on it. Inglot's is more cool toned which looks more natural for depth and shadow, whereas I feel like Anastasia's tends to have warmer tones.

Thank you for this recommendation! Pale skinned kasi ako so warmer toned contouring powders tend to look rather madungis on me. Will try Inglot :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2015, 04:04:34 am »
mga sis, the balm bahama mama or nyx taupe?

But I think bahama mama is a bronzer ba? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »
mga sis, the balm bahama mama or nyx taupe?

But I think bahama mama is a bronzer ba? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NYX Taupe, if you have very light skin. Bahama Mama is a matte bronzer :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2016, 12:12:27 am »
^ thanks sis. Sa anong skin tone po bagay yung the balm bahama mama? I'm NC 15-20 leaning to neutral. (mas accurate yung MUFE 117 sa akin) Am I light enough for Taupe? parang lakas makadungis if applied incorrectly haha

And parang mas may hue si bahama based sa swatches.. the reason why I'm asking pala is Nyx is 1 hour away from me..and Bahama is 1 hr and 30 mins. zzz

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »
I have the Anastasia Contouring Kit but I use my Inglot contour powder so much more that I've hit pan on it. Inglot's is more cool toned which looks more natural for depth and shadow, whereas I feel like Anastasia's tends to have warmer tones.

^sis what shade sa inglot do you use for contouring? i'm considering shades 504 or 510 since i'm fair skinned. i'm looking for a cooler toned, almost gray shade kasi. thanks. :)

^ thanks sis. Sa anong skin tone po bagay yung the balm bahama mama? I'm NC 15-20 leaning to neutral. (mas accurate yung MUFE 117 sa akin) Am I light enough for Taupe? parang lakas makadungis if applied incorrectly haha

And parang mas may hue si bahama based sa swatches.. the reason why I'm asking pala is Nyx is 1 hour away from me..and Bahama is 1 hr and 30 mins. zzz

bahama mama is a matte bronzer but i use it for contouring for ages na. i'm nc20 to nc25 for reference but like you i have neutral tone as well. bahama mama is both warm and neutral kaya pwede sya for bronzing and contouring at the same time. mas darker sya when you swatch it compared sa color sa pan and pictures so light handed lang but if you need to go intense, buildable sya without looking muddy. i use this even for clients, even for bridal makeup, nose contouring, etc. and it works just fine.

i want to try nyx taupe too kaso napaka elusive nito wala ako mahanap. na swatch ko na sya before from a fellow mua's stash and i must say grayish sya and cool toned compared kay bahama, so hindi sya pwede pang bronzer, just contour or shadow lang. hindi sya ganun ka pigmented so i think it will work best for pale and very light skin tones. but for the camera siguro baka hindi sya ganun masyado makita.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:00:40 pm by baby_chichay »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2016, 07:16:53 am »
^ thank you sis for the comprehensive review po. :) It sounds na palaging wala si Nyx taupe haha pero I cannot ever imagine myself bronzing.. hehe.. contour, maybe. But parang I dont think I would see the need to bronze hehe.

Thank you though :) I.swatch ko lang sila both and I'll see ano mas maganda sa akin. :)

marssie

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2016, 10:13:24 am »
I've tried BYS, nice siya and mura pa :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2016, 10:38:39 am »
mga sis.. based sa sabi ng Nyx personnel sa only branch namin, they never had Taupe.. ever.. as a shade in their branch..and the PH. Can anyone confirm if ever true?

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2016, 11:27:15 am »
True story. NYX Taupe was never available in the Philippines. DTC Traincase, and a few other online stores, used to sell it.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2016, 01:52:04 pm »
^ wonder why. I'm just thinking financial and market target. haha if walang market walang finance.

Nyxxxx pls release Taupe sa PH kahit patikim lang hahaha. limited offer lang. summer na kase hihi

oh well, I'll see if bahama mama's a better shade. :) :) But gusto ko pa din ang Nyx.. hehe

parpol_haze

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2016, 07:46:16 am »
^Same! I have Bahama Mama pero gusto ko padin itry NYX Taupe. Sis minatay91, try mo muna sa counter si Bahama Mama before mo bilin kasi ako hindi ko na ginawa yun e kaya nagsisi ako ng slight. Hit and miss sya e. May times na mukang ok, chiseled look pero may times naman na muka akong maitim at madungis. And.. sa gabi ko lang siya keri gamitin. I look weird pag daytime tapos naka-contour ako kahit light application lang. :(  Idk. Baka dahil di pa talaga ko sanay mag-contour or dahil sa brush na gamit ko. Try ko next time gumamit ng stippling brush baka mas maappreciate ko na si Bahama Mama. Pag hindi magwork, bibilin ko na yung Face Paint ng Zoeva!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:50:02 am by parpol_haze »

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2016, 08:57:31 am »
^ Maganda tandem ng Zoeva Face Paint at Bahama Mama. Feeling ko ako si Maleficent sa sobrang confirm ng pagka-contour ko, haha! ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:42:23 pm by candygrenade »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2016, 09:18:54 am »
^^ will do sis. :) sana naman magwork for me.. :( i just contour with an.. (ding ding ding) eyebrow powder. It actually works.. lol pero it's tricky..tsk

sana hiyang kay bahama mama. next week! if ever. Maybe. Not sure. hahaha

parpol_haze

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:39 am »
@candygrenade - Haha! Gusto ko maachieve yan sis kasi siopao face ako! Gamit ko lang kasi yung Elf Angled Blush Brush. Ok naman siya kaso nga lang pakiramdam ko ang harsh parin ng contour ko sa cheeks kahit I use it with a light hand. Konting pitik nalang talaga bibilin ko na si Face Paint. :D

@minatay91 - Sana nga sis hiyang din sya for you. :) Basta pag napadaan ka sa Beauty Bar, try mo muna siya kahit di mo muna bilin. :D Mahirap na kasi may kamahalan din siya e. May iba nga din ako nababasa na gumagamit ng eyebrow powder and eye shadow for contouring. Gusto ko nga din itry yung SanSan eye shadow in Deep Earth Brown kasi maganda reviews and I believe na-mention narin dito yun sa thread.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2016, 10:15:17 am »
^ thanks sa tip sis. will research more about it.. :) sana parang shadow siya tingnan sa akin.. hehe!

simang

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »
Gamit ko bobbi brown bronzing powder, shade ko is light. Gusto ko kasi warm shade so hindi mukhang madungis.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #218 on: February 07, 2016, 02:24:57 pm »
@parpol haze

siis natry ko na si bahama mama sis ok siya tingnan on me.. pero a bit brown lang..maybe heavy handed lang ako..swatched it with a finger sa normal cheek shadow ko eh..planning to buy it. :)

I just need one more thing though, ano magandang contour brush sa MAC? Maliit pala mukha ko (CD lang ang size) Sayang naman may contour powder ako eh alang brush haha

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Best Contour Powder
« Reply #219 on: February 07, 2016, 02:41:29 pm »
^What's CD sis?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close