Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118344 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2015, 10:48:16 pm »
^hi sis, when is your wedding? If it's off peak season, I'm sure you will be able to find that there are a lot of affordable rooms around (or even houses for rent). If your guests are not that choosy, there will always be cheaper accomodations around station 3. Hope this helps. Enjoy your wedding preps :)

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #581 on: August 14, 2015, 01:34:33 am »
Hi Ladies!

Congratulations to all the brides and good luck to us bride-to-bes.

We're currently planning to hire a coordinator. Medyo mahal si Amanda but I heard of Ronald Soncio.

Have any of you used his services? How is he and do you have his rates? He didn't post it on his website.

http://www.ronaldsoncioevents.com/

Thank you  :)

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2015, 07:04:05 am »
^ halos same rate na sya kay amanda
 full - 85k
 partial - 60k
 OTD - 45k

mlgj

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #583 on: August 17, 2015, 12:32:05 am »
Hi Sis bonzaigirl,

Our wedding is on April 27 (Wednesday). Hopefully Amanda can help us find affordable accommodations kasi my guests naman are not choosy, para ma-cover sana namin. For those na few choosy people, siguro magrecommend din ako ng iba.

Also another concern sisses: may nakuha ba kayong airplane booking na bulk. I mean, may makukuha kaya kaming discount if 50 yung sabay sabay na magfly in & fly out (same flight).

Sis ellesor, same lang halos rate nila ni Amanda. Sa nakikita ko sa instagram... mukhang maganda naman sila parehas.  :)

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2015, 02:15:34 am »
^ plane booking. Not sure about group discount but I suggest sign up ka na sa cebu pacific or other airlines para you get emails kung may sale. Ako naman dati since lagi nasa Internet so lagi naka-abang sa sale. Madami din kami binili dati but all online and sale. Mura pa din mga pamasahe na nakuha  namin. April pa wedding mo so madami pa mga sale. :)

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2015, 12:35:31 pm »
Hi sis ellesor  thanks for the rates.

I emailed him last week. He replied naman. Although the partial rate he gave is 65K instead of 60. The rest are the same.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2015, 04:58:58 pm »
@mlgj hi sis. You're wedding pala is peak season. It maybe best to scout as early as now just so you'll know how much money to prepare.  And of course ask your coordinator na kagad para you can reserve some rooms. 

Re:50 passenger same flight time. If you're going too book this online you may have some difficulty. I did this last December, ( but I'm based overseas) via the respective websites of Cebu Pacific and PAL.  We were only 17 people, PAL has a limit to how much you can book per transaction. Cebu Pacific naman, nahirapan din kami and he time was way off na. Ending, we had to divide our group into 2  into 2 different flights. It may be better to do this at any Cebu Pacific or PAL office.

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2015, 03:10:13 am »
Hello past and future Boracay Brides (overseas brides especially)


I was hoping to get ideas regarding foreigners’ requirement to get married in Philippines/Boracay.

I am originally from Bacolod but I’ve become a naturalized Citizen of Canada. I haven’t applied for a dual citizenship so I think the foreign requirement applies to me.

I found a list of requirements for Holy Rosary Church.

EASY
  • 1. Confirmation Certificate
  • 2. Birth Certificate from National Statistics Office (NSO)
  • 3. Precana Seminar – (Seminar will be in Canada)
  • 4. Baptismal Certificate - New with note for marriage purposes (kailangan new ba talaga? The one I had from 1990 is invalid ba?)

HARD
  • 1. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) – Can I ignore this since I do not live in the Philippines?
  • 2. Marriage License – Kailangan ba pumunta sa Aklan to apply for this? I have family in Bacolod. Can I apply there instead? I was thinking of asking my family to process for me
  • 3. Marriage Certificate if civil married instead of Marriage License We’re contemplating to have a civil wedding while in Canada to avoid this applying for a Marriage License but hinda pa sure. Any thoughts on complexity of Marriage license application?
  • 4. For non-Filipino, Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Marry (from Embassy of Origin) This is my main concern. To all the foreign brides, did you have to stop by your country’s embassy in Manila before heading to Boracay? From my understanding, this will be a Canadian document. So I’m thinking maybe I can get this document from Canada – saves me an overnight trip to Manila.


I apologize for the long post mga sis; it’s a little overwhelming pala. Smile lang  :)
I’m greatly looking forward to hear your experiences.

Thank you in advance

ayieloveszavi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2015, 10:15:05 am »
dearies, i've searched and searched pero i cant find a photo booth supplier na pwede na may magnets ang 4r prints. may alam ba kayo? thanks :)

bubblemilk

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »
Hi all :)

I'm new to female network and been reading this forum for 2mos already  ;D

We have finally decided to get married at boracay on feb 2017 (i know medyo matagal pa haha) pero we booked Asya already just last week :) grabe dami na rin pala bookings halos mapupuno na january nila tapos dapat ang ibbook namin date is january 28, 2017 kaso chinese new year pala sya so move nalang to feb :) pag holidays kasi, super peak so pati accommodations ng family and guests mag mahal.

I've also booked photo and vid after booking asya. for my photo - wedoitforlove photo and for vid - mayad boracay based team :)

For OTD coor, I'm still torn between Amanda and Ronald pero based on my experience with them, mas accommodating ata si Ronald?

Well in emails, Amanda talaga can reply immediately parang wala pa 24hrs nagrereply na siya, pero parang mas maasikaso si Ronald? Not sure. Parang nung di maka reply si Ronald sakin ng mabilisan sa email, tinawagan nalang nya ako agad para dun kami magusap ng mabilis. Tapos same sila actually rate in OTD, pero mas marami ata na ooffer si Ronald ng for free like yung styling. Pwede sya magpahiram ng gamit for no additional cost.

We're going to meet both coor when we get there this Sept so we can decide na :)

Need your help ladies :)

1. Sino kumanta or kakanta sa wedding niyo during the ceremony? Yung habang naglalakad si bride and mga christian songs?
2. Did you get a band or DJ for/during your wedding for reception? Nag ocular din ba kayo sa bars sa bora to get bands or DJ?
3. For Asya brides, kumuha pa ba kayo lights and sounds supplier even may inooffer na silang basic lights and sounds?

Thank you!!! <3

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #590 on: August 19, 2015, 07:08:28 am »
april_kristina - i think the CENOMAR from NSO is pang Pinoy lang. The equivalent of this is the number 4 sa list mo. Best to check with the Canadian Embassy. Based dito sa thread,  US citizens need personal appearance sa US embassy in Manila. My husband is Irish and hindi na need personal appearance. He got lang that certificate here in Dublin, i couriered home, then my mom submitted that to the Irish Embassy in Manila and then they authenticated or issued an equivalent to be used sa Pinas.

ML can be applied either sa hometown mo or kung saan ikakasal. but since hindi ka na Pinoy baka hindi na applicable ang hometown. Im not really sure.

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #591 on: August 20, 2015, 12:02:19 pm »
Hi sis shegie_285,

Thanks for the info. I called the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

For Canadians, the Legal Capacity to Marry document needs an in-person processing. This means, for Canadians wanting to get married in Boracay, they need to allocate a day (or half day 3-5 hours wait time) to visit the Canadian Embassy to process this. There's a 50$C fee.

Lucky you sis shegie_285 that Irish citizens do not have to be there in person. How I wish Canadians din sana para hindi na kami mag stop-over.

To all the (Canadian) brides with Canadian/foreign spouses, can you please share your experience with this process.

Thank you very much  ;D

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #592 on: September 08, 2015, 11:58:09 pm »
Hi mga sis. Our wedding will be on December pero until now hindi pa kame decided on the venue. We made reservations na sa Asya however, we just realized na we will only have 35-40 guests, tapos apat lang dun yung from the groom's side. Parang nasasayangan ako sa gagastusin if hindi naman ganun kadame yung pupunta. We're looking into White House Boracay since maganda yung beach front nila saka affordable pa. The only hesitation we have is the lack of privacy. Parang ang dameng on lookers. Any former White House Boracay Bride here that can share their experience? TIA for your help :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:52:13 am by bheldandi »

gelitorres

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #593 on: September 09, 2015, 12:35:22 am »
hi sis! sorry if this may sound dumb. but may I know how it is for OTD? Does that mean that the coordinator will only work on the day? no other help will be done prior to the wedding? TIA! :)

^ halos same rate na sya kay amanda
 full - 85k
 partial - 60k
 OTD - 45k

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #594 on: September 09, 2015, 01:03:05 am »
Hello ladies,

gelitorres, as far as I know, OTD is you have to look and book all your suppliers yourself and then just turn them over to the coordinator a month or so in advance. This is how our coordinator explained it to us. It might be different for others. (We used Mulberry Events and Planning - I think they are new since they don't have a lot of weddings from their archive. So far they have been great, especially I'm super kulit with all my questions here and there. Their rates were relatively cheaper than AT and RS.

bheldandi, I also made reservations for Asya. Although you might want to have least 50 people because their first tier of package is for 50 pax para sulit for what you will pay. I tried googling White House Wedding photos but couldn't find any. I heard they have a nice beach front. Please share some photos if you have. I initially considered station 1 resorts for the reception like seawind/estacio but the private and intimate setting of Asya is what got me. 

meldzRN, sis I know you messaged me regarding Boracay Wedding Thread 3. I wanted to reply Yes, we should create one since this reached 30 pages, but for some reason I couldn't send private messages. It could be that I'm a newbie/probationary and only had 5 posts so far.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:39:46 am by april_kristina »

RDVmiadavid2016

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #595 on: September 09, 2015, 06:26:26 pm »
Hello Everyone! My shout out to all the Boracay Brides!
We will be getting married in Asya next April 2016. We have been married here in France just 2 weeks ago but it was an intimate one. Next year we are celebrating our dream wedding. For now we booked Asya, Amanda and the Photo and Video.

I need to seek your advice girls. Since the marriage is Pastor officiated, is there a certain ceremony we have to follow? We are thinking of being creative with the ceremony like adding the sand ceremony. May I ask what you have in mind for your wedding or what the past brides did?

Another question. I am planning to get principal sponsors and I am a bit lost on how you invite them. Do you ask their permission first? Is there a creative way to ask them to be part of the entourage?

Thank you!

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #596 on: September 10, 2015, 07:02:25 am »
Based from Amanda's help and my google search, I've narrowed it down to the following Pro's and Con's

Asya
+ Private
+ Spacious rooms and the resort looks amazing
+ Dramatic Bride's entrance because of the stairs
+ Has extensive experience with weddings
+ Agreed to waive corkage for bottomless cocktails and iced tea and gave us free corkage of 10 bottles for wine and or liquors
+ Great buffet spread
+ Already paid 20k reservation
- Three room night requirement
- Only one free night included in the package
- Total wedding expense will be up by 120k compared to White House Boracay
- Remote location hence we need to rent shuttles for the guests

White House Boracay
+ Great beach front
+ Free 3D/2N room inclusive of the package
+ No Room requirement
+ More accessible. No need to rent shuttles for the guests
+ Will save us 120k in wedding expenses
+ More laidback setting. We actually want to maintain the default set up of their lounge for our wedding http://whitehouseboracay.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MG_9681.jpg
- Lack of Privacy (almost all pictures and SDEs I've seen have bystanders sitting on a lounge chair looking at the ceremony
- 20k Reservation fee made to Asya down the drain
- Rooms are not as spacious as Asya
- Doesn't have extensive experience with weddings

With just 40 guests coming in, I'm not really comfortable in spending this much as I would rather we spend it on our honeymoon or in starting our family. However, I'm also not comfortable in having a ton of people looking at us while we get married. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #597 on: September 11, 2015, 01:41:37 am »
I'm not really comfortable in spending this much as I would rather we spend it on our honeymoon or in starting our family. However, I'm also not comfortable in having a ton of people looking at us while we get married. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

just on that, i think you know your answer.  the more sensible answer wins for me- hence whitehouse.  the ton of people that are looking in on your whitehouse wedding will not be in your spectacular honeymoon.  they won't matter much when you start your family.  and with the many hundred things you will be preoccupied with during the wedding day itself, bystanders will be on the bottom of your list. 

i would also rethink the dramatic staircase entrance at asya.  i've seen one too many brides faltering in their sky high heels while navigating stairs.  as it is, you're already a tangle of nerves on your wedding walk- adding stairs to the mixture is a con to me.  i've seen brides end up looking nervous, faltering, and it was actually painful to watch as they descend from stairs.  i always think "why do they do this to themselves?"

then i would also rethink whitehouse having no wedding experience.  amanda's family's owning it should mean for something.  you would think that first and foremost, she would exercise her planning prowess on her own property.  i don't know if you're getting amanda as your coordinator, but just that connection should be enough to take it out of your cons list.

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #598 on: September 11, 2015, 01:19:06 pm »
Thanks sis Imbisibol for the advice. You made a lot of sense hence we told Amanda that we will be moving our venue to White House Boracay. However this was the response she provided:

"We would just like to clarify that the quality of the service that you will get from Asya and the White House will be way different. White House though they had lots of events does not have a lot of experience in Weddings."

I went back to our previous emails and she seems consistent about her warning as this was her initial reply to our idea of moving our wedding to White House "May I please clarify if what you want is to do the whole wedding in White House? As I do not recommend for them to have a wedding reception though. But they can very much handle rehearsal dinners.
"

Now I'm scared that our wedding plans will not be well executed if we go with White House. Nakakatakot kasi yung warning ni Amanda. To think that her family owns the place pa ha. Huhuhu

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2015, 12:24:06 am »
bheldandi, yeh, that is kind of strange coming from her.  she's probably trying to temper your expectations of whitehouse?  asya's being $120,000 more expensive certainly puts it a rung (or several) above whitehouse.  if i were you, i would ask amanda for previous whitehouse brides that have agreed to act as reference points.  if she can't give you any or cites privacy concerns, then hunker down and do a lot of googling searching on your own.  good luck!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close