watch now

Author Topic: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11  (Read 104259 times)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2013, 01:27:31 am »
Ahhhh kaya pala. Renewal of visa ako but more than a yr na expired kaya pala i had interview pa hehe

mdrmt

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2013, 11:00:26 am »
vhnanya, nicaa and vain_kixie, thank you so much for sharing your experiences na nakakaencourage  :) atleast ngayon, mejo nakampante nako!  :)

thanks alot again sisses! i will post here to let you know if approved or for interview pa once i get my passport  :)

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2013, 09:09:53 am »
@sis mdrmt, I'm another one who has a similar profile, pareho lang ng sinabi satin and medyo kinabahan din ako habang naghihintay ng pagdating ng passport ko. :) Approved naman din pala. :)

mikage_matsunaga

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »
mga sis as of the moment what month na po available schedule nila for interview? tia! :)

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:53 pm »
Hi Girls!

I just received my 10y multiple visa a while ago. Thanks for all the tips. Anyway giving back to this thread, I'll share my experience with my visa application

situation

im in my 30s
corporate lawyer
getting married this april
my fiance is a US citizen -- red flag
my salary is fair enough as a single.
I have no money in my bank. kung meron man, minimal lang because Im paying our wedding suppliers.

I was interviewed at Window 9. At first, I was praying I wont be calledi n that window because those people before me, majority of whom where denied. Some are single in early 20's who's parents will finance their trip

VO interviewed me

Whats your purpose?
Travel and shopping

Where do you plan to shop?
Outlet stores

So youre going to Daly City? Who's in Daly City?
My friend (she's actually the ex wife of my h2b's brother)

So youre a lawyer! then the VO goes "tsk tsk tsk" with matching a facial expression like he was disappointed .. I thought when I said that Im a lawyer, I'll be denied outright

Then the VO proceeded

What kind of lawyer are you?
Corporate

ahhh so youre doing Mergers and acquisitions?
*i smiled because I didnt personally handle mergers in our office. hehe

How much is your Salary?
Pxx,xxx

Have you traveled outside? where?
uhmm HK, uhmm China, Macau... (then he interrupted me. I couldnt recall all the places ive been to.. pero all naman asia.. mga 10 countries ata)

are you married?
Soon to be married (my h2b said to wear my engagement ring for the interview)

Are you getting married in the US?
No. Here, once I get back (which is true naman)

Ok, Will give you back your passport in 3 days. Enjoy your trip.

The interview just took me less than 5 minutes.

This was my 2nd time to get interviewed by the US embassy. The first was was way back 2002 when I was still in law school early 20s, supported by parents. I was denied because the VO told me to finish first my studies and become a lawyer.. which I did. =) After that, never I did apply. It was only now that I had a courage to apply.

I'll be leaving on March 16 -31 then come back here 3 weeks before the wedding for the last stretch of wedding preps.


Anyway, the stressful part of getting the Visa is actually the preparation itself. especially if you know youre next na in line. Pero once I was interviewed, I was calm na.

I didnt show any docs just my ds 160 and passport. ALthough I brought some supporting docs just in case. My friend who got interviewed before told us she never had any docs with her but her passport and confirmation letter. she was approved naman.

I think what made my profile strong is that the VO thinks that I can pay for my own trip based on my salary. Di naman kalakihan but enough to sustain a 2-3 weeks vacation.

Better sisses if dun din yung strong ties.. that is you can pay on your own. Not merely ask support from others =)

thanks!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:07:45 pm by jazzlawyer »

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:49 pm »
^also because you are getting married here once you get back =) yan din agad agad sinabi ko sa VO after she heard im getting married next year here, wala nang ibang tanong lols

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
^ I even brought my wedding gown sketch that I'm willing to show.. LOL

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »
^ako nga pati contracts with suppliers hahahaha! pero wala naman ni isang doc na hiningi dba? passport lang haha!

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2013, 07:50:08 pm »
^ aniticipated ko na talaga wala ipapakita kasi sa mga interviews ng friends ko wala kahit isa silang pinakita. Buti nalang kasi wala ako pera sa bangko hehe

Cheenyv

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2013, 08:46:30 pm »
What if yung bf mo nasa u.s gusto mo lang siya ivisit pero my anak kayo dito.... Kahit sabihin ko na one entry lang ibigay just for 2 weeks. Maggrant kaya visa ko? Baka sabihin di nako uuwi? Wala din akong work dito sa pinas pero my mga remmittance naman ako natatanggap sa bf ko

nicaa

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
^ Congrats sis jazzlawyer! Natuwa ako sa post mo :) yung mga nadeny ba first time applicants din o mga for renewal? Anyway, hirap nga kumuha ng visa nung early 2000s noh. Nung first time ko rin kumuha around 2003, 1 year single entry lang binigay samin nun ng mom & kapatid ko. Ngayon medyo mas maluwag na sila ng konti thank God!

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »
in my case, 9 people were denied before me so you can just imagine my stress hahahaha! sa nakita ko sa cases nila, usually the reason why they got denied was no strong ties to the philippines. kasi meron din naman sa kanila nakapag-out of the country na eh. may 1 family nga dun denied lahat even if may asian countries na silang napuntahan. reason ng VO, they might not come back kasi the entire family is going and the one funding the trip is one son based in the US.

may isa naman dun, malaki kita nya and malaki pera sa bank pero when she was asked about her income, stammer ang lola mo kaya siguro denied. she might be lying kasi.

chedz.03

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »
Hello sisses! Glad that there's a thread for this. Very informative.

BTW, gusto ko lang sana malaman ang opinion or knowledge nyo mga sis if malaki ba chance na ma-approved if you are
working in a US government office outside the US? Dito kasi kami sa saudi based ni hubby at sya last 2011 nabigyan na sya ng 10yrs multiple visa nung time na pinadala sya ng company nila sa california for training. Sa US based ang head office ng employer ni hubby. Ako naman working under US Army dito sa Saudi. Sila kasi ang nagte-train at nagbibigay support para sa National Guard ng Saudi kaya may base sila dito. Though family visa ako pumunta dito pero sinuwerte na makahanap ng work but still my sponsor is hubby's employer. Gusto lang din talaga namin makapasyal sa US na magkasama kami ni hubby pero wala plans na mag TNT doon :D
Gusto ko kasi samantalahin na employed pa ako sa employer ko ngayon para makakiha ng visa. Pero kinakabahan ako >.<

nicaa

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2013, 01:04:56 am »
^^ sis vhanya, yung mga nadeny ba mga first time applicants? or may mga nadeny din bang for renewal? gusto ko lang malaman for my dad hehe. swerte pala talaga ng mga nakakakuha ng visa dahil super dami parin palang naddeny. swerte rin lang talaga na twice na ko nakarenew ng visa kahit di naman ako nagttravel sa ibang countries aside sa US, forever unemployed at walang pera lol ;D

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2013, 07:50:26 am »
meron first time applicants meron naman nag-try ulit but got denied before. wala akong nakita for renewal na denied. ako renewal din pero not qualified for vrp. i got approved though so its a good sign =)

mikage_matsunaga

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:18 am »
ask ko lang po, i have a pending employment based immigration application, i'm just waiting for my priority date to be current which i think 4 years from now pa. my cousin is getting married in the US and is inviting me to attend their wedding. may chance po kaya ako ma-approve for a tourist visa? i'm single, in my early 30s, and been working sa bpo industry for 4 years now. baka po kasi automatic na denied yung mga katulad sa case ko, sayang din $160 if ita-try ko pa mag-apply.. :-\

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »
^ Congrats sis jazzlawyer! Natuwa ako sa post mo :) yung mga nadeny ba first time applicants din o mga for renewal? Anyway, hirap nga kumuha ng visa nung early 2000s noh. Nung first time ko rin kumuha around 2003, 1 year single entry lang binigay samin nun ng mom & kapatid ko. Ngayon medyo mas maluwag na sila ng konti thank God!

yes I applied months after the 9-11 attack.

Note sure pero I think theyre first time applicants. babata pa eh. and usually supported by family ang trip.

Asessment ko diyan no matter how big your savings is, kahit milyones pa yan, pero your work and salary is not sufficient to finance your trip, mejo alangan yun sa VO. Take note usually the money you have in the bank is hindi pinapakita sa VO.

Tska tama talaga, one line lang sagot dapat. isang tanong isang sagot. para di mukhang defensive  :D

I also think that the VO doesn't care talaga whats the purpose of your trip and how important it is. Rather, They looking for your good reasons why youre coming back.

Opinion ko lang yun sisses ha. pero malay mo makakita pa sila ng ibang reason para magrantan ng visa =)

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
jazzlawyer, hahaha same pala tayo. I got my visa (renewal) before I got married to my US citizen fiance- now my husband.
here in the Philippines. Consul only asked me if I was single. I said Yes.

I know I will never get a B1/B2 (visit visa) when I am already married to my husband now.

I agree with you, what you really need to prove is your reason for coming back. Secondary nalang yung
reason and means on going to the US.

mdrmt

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
mga sis! i just received my passport earlier today! and i got renewed for 10 more years through VRP :) thank you to everyone who shared their encouraging experiences  :) nakakaloka pala talaga ang mag apply mag isa as an adult at lalo na kung mejo puro red flags ang nasa profile pero God is good talaga. thanks again!  :D

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2013, 02:20:57 pm »
vain_kixie

Ano na status mo ngayon? Did your hubby file a petition for spousal visa?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close