Hi mga sis. I have a few questions, hope you can help.
I made the mistake last year of "applying" for Citibank credit card sa isang gas station. Mapilit kasi yung agent at naawa ako, although may BPI credit card na ako and I don't really need another one. Sabi nya "try lang naman". And so I filled up her form and she got my details, even took pics of my cc and ids.. a few months later tumawag isusubmit din daw nya details ko to other banks.
May mga tumawag na sakin like Metrobank (ata, forgot na) and Eastwest, even if di ako personally nag-apply dun (might be the doing of the agent). Tinanggihan ko kasi yung cellphone numbers e parang ordinaryong 11-digit SIM lang naman (I got used to BPI na landline ginagamit to call clients), and I don't like giving away (for confirmation daw) my personal details over the phone - kasi I've experienced scam calls na... so I've been rejecting every cc offer I get over the phone esp those coming from ordinary cellphone numbers.
Just this morning nagtext naman Eastwest, as usual from ordinary 11-digit sim # lang. Offering Eastwest Platinum cc. Free lifetime membership daw. Just have to reply "YES" to their text and they'll call me so they can process na nga. I don't need it, pero tempting kasi.
Here are my questions:
1. is the text/call and offer for Eastwest bank legit? do they really transact using regular 11-digit cp numbers?
2. Is Eastwest bank cc any good? magaganda ba ang perks and promos? is the hassle worth it para sa non-accountholders?
3. What is the credit limit of Eastwest Platinum cc?
4. Safe ba info natin sa mga cc agents like nasa malls and gas stations? Hay naku I really regret giving in dun sa agent last yr..
Kasi right now I have BPI Gold cc, kaka-1yr pa lang, had to request for waive anually pa. Pero BPI accountholder ako, hassle-free sa checking of SOA and cc bill payment coz I do it online na lang. But sometimes, I want to have it cut dahil I want a new cc with a lower limit for safety reasons.
I'd like to know if it's worth it to "switch" from BPI cc to Eastwest cc though non-Eastwest accountholder ako. TIA mga sissies

EDIT: Meron na po ba sa inyo nakasubok magpa-lower ng CL sa BPI? Hindi ko naman kasi namamax-out yun, 10% lang ata ng CL nagagamit ko tas nakakatakot pa pag-nawala ko yung card. tia!