watch now

Author Topic: BDO  (Read 102599 times)

winkypops

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2014, 08:18:01 pm »
Kapag ba may account ka sa BDO, automatic papadalhan ka nila ng credit card...pre approve?


TIA

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
^Based on what I know, bawal na magpadala ng pre approved credit cards ngayon. But back in 2010, pinadalhan nila ko ng credit card kase lahat ng accounts namin nasa kanila.

JG_1106

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2014, 01:06:57 am »
I would like to share my story in regards to the experience we had today at BDO Waltermart Sta Rosa Laguna

My husband and I, had been trusting BDO with 90% of our savings since 2012 (along with his direct deposit from the US) that's why we both felt that today's extreme disrespect from their 2 Bank tellers (1 of which is fairly new at this branch btw) was just too hard to forget.

We went in there today for a cash withdrawal from his Dollar Savings (a schedule has been made days ago). My husband and I noticed that as soon as we stand in line, 2 bank tellers seated close to each other while working were obviously giggling and chit-chatting as they look at us, ridicule clearly evident in their eyes.

At first we both shrugged it off thinking that maybe they were making fun of something else. Minutes passed and they just wouldn't stop, even after I looked at them straight in the eye and made it appear that I was aware of what's going on. It is also very clear that we are the object of their ridicule as we noticed multiple glances that was given to us by teller #1's customer--as if intrigued as to what they're laughing at.

When it was our turn to be attended, Teller #2 (which by the way had asked me a personal question in the past while I was doing my bank deposit through her) though trying so hard to contain her malicious smile, failed miserably. At that point, my husband and I were extremely displeased and told them to be professional. I asked them what their problems are and what is funny. Both of them couldn't say a word and couldn't look us in the eye. We finished the transaction but went straight to their Branch Manager to complain only to be told that she would talk to them about it and promised that this would not happen again.

This is not the resolution we expected. We feel that the Branch Manager should have pulled out the 2 bank tellers in question and let us speak to them and resolve the issue right there and then.

We are SERIOUSLY looking to pull out all our money from this Bank as this incident is a testament that BDO's customer service is the WORST ever. Don't get us wrong though. We are not trying to be overly sensitive here. We are just trying to prove a point that people should not choose who to respect. Respect should be given to people regardless of how they look, what their status in life are and how much they are earning. At the end of the day without us and the rest of BDO's depositor/investor, they wouldn't have a business to begin with. Is this how they treat their business??

BTW, i forgot to mention my husband is an Expat and I am a Filipina. He is 15 years my senior. I don't see any wrong with that. But who am i say otherwise. For all I know this could be the very reason why the 2 tellers chose to make fun of us.

Teller 1's Name: DHEL (she is very easy to spot as she is the fattest Bank teller at this branch)
Teller 2's Name: Kath (she also is easy to spot as she look very naive -- indeed looks can be deceiving)

chelsea1212

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2014, 10:28:29 am »
^^
Wow, Just wow! What they did is extremely offensive. I completely agree with what you said about Respect. Like what you stated, depositors bring them business no matter how big or small, business pa din yun.

Your story needs to be heard. I have read a number of similar stories online. Discrimination should not be tolerated.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:17 pm »
may mga ganyan din sa SM Bacoor. a new teller called out "next" so i went to her line.
ilang tao na natapos sa mga kabilang teller hindi pa din sha nag-uumpisa sa kin. so i asked "can i transfer na lang?"
ang sagot ba naman "umupo ka muna jan! mag-intay ka lang hindi pa ko tapos!" as in pabalang talaga na pasigaw. so uminit ulo ko at sinagot ko din sha. i don't care kung naging agaw pansin ako sa mga nakapila nun pero matagal na kaming BDO customers, nung time lang na yun ako nabastos sa kanila ng bagong teller pa.

JG_1106

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:25 pm »
I submitted an Email complaint via CALLCENTER@bdo.com.ph and received a canned response a day after with Case ID number. They said that this may take up to 5 banking days before they can get back to me.

Just a few mins ago, I received an email from the Branch Head sending her apologies again for what had happened and was saying that they have been trying to reach my phone number shortly after they talked to the Bank tellers, but claimed that they couldn't contact me.

Now, I'm not sure if this is email from the branch head was in response to our actual complaint the day of the incident OR it could be because they already received a nudging from whomever (in response to my Complaint Email).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:50:11 pm by JG_1106 »

Ejaxene

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2014, 01:32:05 am »
@JG_1106

I am sorry you have to be treated that way.

Nothing could make up for what they have done. Not even grovelling. Every time you go to that branch, you will always be reminded of the awful treatment the employees gave you.

Just switch banks. If you cannot trust a bank anymore and its employees cannot respect you, it's time to leave.

airwaterfire

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2014, 06:30:49 pm »
Nakapag open talaga ako ng Checking account sa BDO- yong 5k madb nila.

Solve na problem ko sa pdc  ko sa Pagibig.

so_unpredictable

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25:50 am »
Hi JG_1106, you're right. what they did is foul and those should be reprimanded. sorry for your experience. It's not a nice feeling to be coming to that bank anymore change branch or bank.


 I also don't like tellers that judge you by the way you look tapos magiging mabait if they saw your accounts. But so far the tellers here in QC (atleast to the branches I've been with) have been surprisingly nice even when the time I come na closing time na ;D

Pero one time they have this free pouch giveaway when you register online your account and the person responsible to it was out for 3 straight days. haha. I've stopped coming to that branch for awhile kasi I was a bit disappointed to the feeling of how they let me come back a few times tapos wala naman nangyari.  :P I know mababaw but pumupunta naman na ako ulit hehe.

powerpacfan

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2014, 10:19:46 am »
hi mga sis question lang sa mga uitf ng BDO.

Hindi ba pwede magtop-up sa existing equity fund ko? I was trying to this ngayon lang kaso ang sabi sa akin, kailangan ko pa iwithdraw yung existing ko. grrrr! ganon ba talaga?

ano ba ang eip? alam ko yung pwede itop-up without redeeming my existing eh.

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2014, 11:44:11 am »
^Ganun nga sis. You need to withdraw. Hindi sya yung you have ONE account, tapos you use your EIP as "top up." Every time there's an EIP (kunyari you set your EIP to 5k a month), that's a new account.

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »
Hi JG_1106, you're right. what they did is foul and those should be reprimanded. sorry for your experience. It's not a nice feeling to be coming to that bank anymore change branch or bank.


 I also don't like tellers that judge you by the way you look tapos magiging mabait if they saw your accounts. But so far the tellers here in QC (atleast to the branches I've been with) have been surprisingly nice even when the time I come na closing time na ;D

Pero one time they have this free pouch giveaway when you register online your account and the person responsible to it was out for 3 straight days. haha. I've stopped coming to that branch for awhile kasi I was a bit disappointed to the feeling of how they let me come back a few times tapos wala naman nangyari.  :P I know mababaw but pumupunta naman na ako ulit hehe.

1 year ago, I also have the same experience like yours but in different situation. I have 2 accounts from them in a different branch (SM BDO branch) and I'm pissed off with the long lines when I'm visiting the bank so I decided to open another account in a different branch which is just 1kms away from my house. Malapit lang, so I decided to wear slippers, white tshirt and jeans. My LOOK, no make up, I wear glasses, and pony tied my hair. I'm a minimalist person so I don't wear makeup. The teller is looking at me like wala akong karapatan na mag-deposit sa bank. WHen it's my turn, I went to her and I saw tiningnan nya ako mula ulo hanggang paa.  I sat down and tell what's my concern (feeling annoyed pero deadma na lang). I want to open an account. This teller, she looks me na parang wala akong alam sa buhay, neneng, and told me na she needs the following requirements, etc etc. And I told her back (in english), I have 2 accounts from your SM branch and I want to have a new account here in your branch. DO you still need these requirements? You can check my accounts if you want to in your computer (IT girl btw). Then she smiled POLITELY (she's not smiling btw the first time I asked her), looks on her monitor and asked me my other accounts. After 10 minutes, I'm done for my new account having 5K. Then on the NEXT DAY, I went back, go straight to this woman, and deposited 50K more. I just do it in action na lang para paalalahanan na don't judge a book by its cover. ;-)

bratty

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2014, 12:42:20 pm »
My friend also had the same experience. Sinigawan sya ng teller nung Mag-o-open sya ng checking account. Nung kinukwento nya nga sa akin yun, nag-init mukha ko sa galit. Affected talaga ako. Di ko kasi ma-tolerate ang bad customer service.

Yung friend ko, ayaw na nya nagpupunta sa branch na yun, sa may Valenzuela, malapit yata sa SM or sa loob mismo ng SM. Sabi ko nga pull-out na nya lahat ng accounts nila dun, buong family kasi nila may multiple accounts. Pag nag-ask branch manager bakit nya pull-out, eh di sabihin nya nangyari. Pero upto now, dun pa din bangko nya. hehe.

I don't know kung pwede mag-post ng names, send me a pm if you are curious. Para maiwasan nyo sya.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:43:13 pm by bratty »

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2014, 02:48:20 pm »
^Lovi Poe?

bratty

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
No sis. Bakit naman sya?
Akala ko nasa FP thread tuloy ako, hehe.

SassyAngelOnTheGo

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2014, 12:09:20 am »
I think it's a case by case basis. BDO is the only commercial bank we have in our town, and I saw that they are very courteous with their clients regardless if they are tindera, magbabalot and even students who deposit just 500 a day sa accounts nila.

But I do agree na very rude sa mga tellers na masyadong condescending ang attitude. I remember when I encashed a check sa Union Bank and I used my passport as ID. The nerved of the girl to look into the pages of my passport, I lift my eyebrow as if questioning her. She told me na everytime may gumagamit daw ng passport ng ID e nacu-curious daw sya kung may mga stamps as in kung saan-saang mga countries na nakapunta ang holder. Some tellers are very unprofessionals.

px17

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »
^kaloka naman yung teller na yun. Pakielamera.

summersunder

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:52 am »
i have bank account in BDO and they sent me pre-approved credit cards.

izabelle

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2014, 12:28:07 am »
for those with BDO credit cards, kapag sa mismong BDO kayo nagbayad ,cash and over the counter, ilan days bago mag reflect sa online banking ang payment nyo?

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: BDO
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2014, 07:48:16 am »
for those with BDO credit cards, kapag sa mismong BDO kayo nagbayad ,cash and over the counter, ilan days bago mag reflect sa online banking ang payment nyo?

Overnight lang sis

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close