We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
@WickedWitchOfTheWest Though I'm far from being a professional or skin care expert, I can definitely say that it all boils down in knowing YOUR skin. I have reactive, very oily skin type; possible Fitzpatrick type III or IV. Aside from penetration enhancers (i.e. AHAs) there are more factors to consider when taking into account product's depth of penetration (take for example a 10% Vitamin C serum - a person w/ Fitzpatrick type I skin would have greater penetration than a person with type III/IV - this is a fact). Not to discredit our local dermas, but you'd be surprised to know most of them are conservative.
@nikita27 Hi I'm a newbie too, and I'm a guy. With regards to RDL, this works in the same vein as Obagi, combining hydroquinone + tretinoin (I'm not saying RDL is an alternative to the whole system) as the star ingredients. I have personally used RDL #3 before with suprisingly good results. Don't be afraid of the peeling, as this would have the same effects of using tretinoin. You're face would be quite red for a few weeks, and of course, lots of peeling involved. On the 3rd month, that's where I noticed my skin become really taut and line free, dark spots and blemishes were erased to the point of becoming invsible, and my pores were the finest they have been. I stopped after that though, alternating w/ Obagi Clear. Note: Make sure to apply a high-spf sunblock, preferably physical based (look for Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide as the ingredeints). This has the bonus of keeping your face matte and blurring slight skin imperfections (esp good in covering up the redness).
Sis, you don't have to stop tret unless you're trying to conceive or are pregnant or lactating. Skin tends to get immune to certain products like topical antibiotics but there's no basis naman for tret. If you do feel na your skin is getting used to it, you can always shift to a higher percentage, apply more frequently or enhance penetration by using an AHA cleanser or toner.If you're asking if you need Alpha Hydrox, I don't suggest applying it prior to tret as the base is a cream and can also act as a barrier to tret's penetration. Depende din kasi sa formulation ng product, whether it will help or not. My suggestion is you feel tret is not working well enough on it's own for you, consult a derma if you have access, kasi mas better ang marerecommend niya na regimen. Using AHA with tret can be very irritating and the irritation is much more difficult to reverseAs for regenerist, you can apply it in the morning, but again, better to be safe than play around with multiple actives. Personally, my skin is very, very resistant to most topical meds and I've been to several derms who helped me with my regimen and I can't say that what worked for me will work for you.My regimen is also very aggressive, in fact so aggressive na after 3 months of consistent use, i'm still peeling ang flaking. My skin turns red quite easily as well. I've decided to rest for a couple of weeks just to "normalize" my skin. Nakaka-miss din ang oily skin when your skin is always flaky and you can't wear makeup properly.
@incognito, I vouch for maxipeel #4 too.When I was still using CHAT 2% and ran out (Belo/ Aesthetic Science Clinic), I bought Maxipeel. :p(Note: CHAT = clindamycin, hydroquinone, alum, tretinoin)