watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 5  (Read 184474 times)

shshshsh

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »
^isa pa sis rae, kasi kojic acid soap gamit ko pwede ba yun then tretinoin? wala bang chemical reaction mangyayare?? kasi hiyang ako sa kojic eh.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:42 am »
^ I think ok lang yun. Actually, yun yung prescription sakin nung derm before:

kojic acid soap, antibacterial toner, CHAT 2% (another toner), a cream that she calls "blender", and a tretinoin cream (which she calls essentia)

Pero I had to give up the kojic acid soap kasi hindi ko na kayang i-tolerate yung soap along with the other meds she gave. Bumili na lang ako ng mild cleanser without her knowing :P

crazycoolchic19

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2012, 06:02:01 am »
1st time tretinoin user, i bought Derm A0.0.25% keratolytic,ok bang na brand yun?any other brand na ma sa suggest nyo na ? Spot treatment ba ito sa pimples? Or it is a treatment all over the face?Ang tret ba is to achieve a nice clear skin? Or pimples treatment lang ito? Nabasa ko lang kase sa other thread kaya napabili ako pangtanggal ng dark spot causes of pimples.

How to use po ba ito,?

My regimen at night is,

1. Soap cleanser
2. Toner
3. Serum/ moisturizer ( alternate)

Ok lang ba to use tret with this regimen? Or tanggalin ko na yung serum/ moisturizer?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:03:51 am by crazycoolchic19 »

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2012, 10:16:49 am »
^Sis, I suggest you backread to know more about Tret, your questions have been answered, some just a few pages back.

Tret is used for anti-aging and as an acne treatment. Best used all over the face for maintenance and prevention. It can help a little with dark spots but it's not necessarily a treatment for it. You might want look into AHAs, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Bearberry products if your issue is evening of skintone.

As for your regimen, depende sa actual products that you are using and what you're using tret for. Again, backreading will help you get better informed about tret.

shshshsh

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:37 am »
^^thank you ulit sis rae!:))  derm-a nalang muna bilhin ko since mura siya pero natatakot ako sa sabi mo sis about triethnolamine ba yun? kaya parang gusto ko din na lang ng retin-a kahit pricey siya.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2012, 10:45:58 am »
^ Hmmm. There was a time that I was paranoid of synthetic chemicals. I don't have the same point of view anymore. I've come to realize that cosmetic chemists know what they are doing. And that I should stop playing chemist and thinking that they're mean, money-hungry scientists that don't care for our welfare :P

Anyway, there are some ingredients that are bad on its own in full concentration. Pero along with other ingredients and in small amounts, ok lang naman. Right now, I'm ok with triethanolamine :)

cutiecam

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2012, 10:58:03 am »
just used retacnyl last week 1 week mark ko today, and yes indeed it improves the texture of my skin,pero nakikita ko mga whiteheads siguro 10 sa right 5 sa left or more,will update if maging pimples sila or not.

shshshsh

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2012, 12:08:07 pm »
^^hahahaha:)) ok sis! derm-a na ko. I'll buy na latah!haha:))

sis cutiecam, ilang percent sayo?

kcuenca

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:15 pm »
Mga sis, I bought Retin A (made by johnson&johnson)sa mercury drug. Yung 0.05%. May nakapag try na ba sa inyong ilagay sya sa eye area? Plan ko kasing ilagay sya khit once a week para ma lessen yung wrinkles sa eye area. Safe kaya sya? Thanks.

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:58 pm »
Okay nga ang Retacnyl na brand as compared to Stieva-A. After 1 week of using Retacnyl, napagsasabihan na akong blooming. ;) Sa Stieva-A kasi, naka-1 week na ako pero wala akong makitang difference  :P Wala kasi sa Watsons nung time na bumili ako e atat na akong gumamit uli ng tret. I'll stick na with Retacnyl next time. :)

crazycoolchic19

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »
^Sis, I suggest you backread to know more about Tret, your questions have been answered, some just a few pages back.

Tret is used for anti-aging and as an acne treatment. Best used all over the face for maintenance and prevention. It can help a little with dark spots but it's not necessarily a treatment for it. You might want look into AHAs, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Bearberry products if your issue is evening of skintone.

As for your regimen, depende sa actual products that you are using and what you're using tret for. Again, backreading will help you get better informed about tret.

Thanks sis im on thread 4 na,naiinganyo ako to use na  the tret, kabibile ko lang last night pero di ko pa inaapply , takot ako sa peeling kase baka umover,

hellomisspink

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:36 pm »
 May peeling pala ang tret? O sa first use lang?

shshshsh

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2012, 08:01:23 pm »
kainis! di ako nakabili ng derm-a 0.025% lang nandun. gusto ko sana 0.5% na kagad eh.haha:))

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2012, 08:05:01 pm »
^^depends on your skin and how it reacts to it. Personally, I don't peel from tret that's available sa drugstore, medyo may slight tightness lang, pero sa tret ng derma ko, I peel a lot when I start using it and medyo flaky ang skin ko throughout the course of the treatment, kahit every other day ko lang gamitin. Kaya I've started using it every two nights na lang ngayon Christmas season na puro parties. Come January, daily ulit to fuly utilize it's effect on my skin.

cutiecam

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »
^^hahahaha:)) ok sis! derm-a na ko. I'll buy na latah!haha:))

sis cutiecam, ilang percent sayo?

.025 sis

kcuenca

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »
^^depends on your skin and how it reacts to it. Personally, I don't peel from tret that's available sa drugstore, medyo may slight tightness lang, pero sa tret ng derma ko, I peel a lot when I start using it and medyo flaky ang skin ko throughout the course of the treatment, kahit every other day ko lang gamitin.

Sis wicked na try mo na ba yung retin a which are available in mercury drug sa eye area? Na search ko kasi sa net na pwede yung retin a  (US brand yata sya na kailangan ng prescription and different sa otc retin a sa mercury drug) sa eye area according to doctors. Eto yung link sis http://www.realself.com/question/safe-retin-eyes . Hindi ko kasi sure kung the same lang yung ingredients ng retin a nila sa local retin a natin. Thanks.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2012, 05:24:51 am »
my regimen at night :

soap
tret

need ko pa moisturizer sa umaga kasi sobrang nakakadry ng skin ang tret ..

icegurl

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:23 pm »
I've used Retin-a from June up to now. Before, super effective, as in super kinis ng face ko, but now I'm starting to get small pimples na naman. Do I need to change my retin-a to higher dosage, like 1%?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »
@kcuenca, I use tretinoin (retacnyl 0.05%) around my eyes. Ok naman. Before I use a lower percentage sa eyes 0.025% tapos the rest of the face 0.05%, pero tinamad na ako kaya 0.05% na lang even around the eyes.

I don't put it too near, kasi I feel like it travels up to the eyes. Siguro mga 1cm away from the eyes. Ok naman. Depende din siguro sa tolerance ng skin.

Sabi nila sensitive daw yung area around the eyes, but to be honest, parang mas thicker yung undereye skin ko ngayon.

Also, if you're planning to use it around the eyes. Make sure you'll commit to it. Baka you'll end up with worse looking lower lids. At first the dryness will exacerbate the unsightly appearance of your fine lines. Pero eventually, mawawala naman.

kcuenca

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2012, 12:21:05 am »
@kcuenca, I use tretinoin (retacnyl 0.05%) around my eyes. Ok naman. Before I use a lower percentage sa eyes 0.025% tapos the rest of the face 0.05%, pero tinamad na ako kaya 0.05% na lang even around the eyes.

Thank you sis rae. Sis anong brand ng moisturizer ang nilalagay mo around the eye area the next morning and how many times mong ina apply yung  tretinoin sa eye area each week? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:13:47 am by kcuenca »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close