watch now

Author Topic: UK TV: Downton Abbey  (Read 8667 times)

enitsirhc

  • Guest
UK TV: Downton Abbey
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:39:44 am »
Anybody as hooked as I am on this British period drama?

 8)

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:42:04 am »
^ I am. Just marathoned Season 1 and currently starting on Season 2. :) Oh, and to spoil myself... I read up on their Wiki page just so I can familiarize myself with the characters.

Huntress Krystle

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »
I haven't watched it yet but I plan to, soon! Ima-marathon ko sya. Because I love period dramas and this show's been getting a lot of great reviews.

FN_Pat

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
I absolutely love this show! I'm just waiting for the right time to start series 3, but I already have the aired episodes in my laptop.  ;D

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:46 am »
^ I am. Just marathoned Season 1 and currently starting on Season 2. :) Oh, and to spoil myself... I read up on their Wiki page just so I can familiarize myself with the characters.

I am sooooooo friggin kilig with Mr. Bates and Anna's love affair than that of the lead characters'.

How I wish I could have a Mr. Carson to run my house. So stylish, strict and devoted!

I haven't watched it yet but I plan to, soon! Ima-marathon ko sya. Because I love period dramas and this show's been getting a lot of great reviews.

Do so, Sis. Very much worth your time!

I absolutely love this show! I'm just waiting for the right time to start series 3, but I already have the aired episodes in my laptop.  ;D

 ;)

FN_Pat

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
I am sooooooo friggin kilig with Mr. Bates and Anna's love affair than that of the lead characters'.

I'd have to say my favorite relationship's Matthew and Mary's. Parang teleserye lang! I also love all of the Dowager Countess' lines. So hilarious! Maggie Smith is the best.

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:32:27 pm »
FN_Pat - Sis, you have to commence watching season 3 so you will know how these lines were delivered by Sir Matthew to Lady Mary: "I will never be happier with anyone else as long as you walk the earth..."

 ;D

Maggie Smith is golden! So classy and regal yet so downright b.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bs5_E1J_9hY#!

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »
I'd have to say my favorite relationship's Matthew and Mary's. Parang teleserye lang! I also love all of the Dowager Countess' lines. So hilarious! Maggie Smith is the best.

Ahhhh... same here! I fell in love with Dan Stevens because of this show. Who wouldn't actually fall for a guy like Matthew, noh? :) Can't blame Lady Mary. <3

A close second would be Branson/Lady Sybil and Bates/Anna.

I find Thomas cute as well kahit balasubas ang ugali.


FN_Pat

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:07 pm »
FN_Pat - Sis, you have to commence watching season 3 so you will know how these lines were delivered by Sir Matthew to Lady Mary: "I will never be happier with anyone else as long as you walk the earth..."

 ;D

Maggie Smith is golden! So classy and regal yet so downright b.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bs5_E1J_9hY#!

Okay, I'll start it this weekend!

And yes, I've seen that Lady Violet video before! She's really the highlight of this show for me. I'm really curious to see her relationship with Cora's mom in s3.  :D

vanlei

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »
Looooove loooove this series!

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:34 am »
S03E04 today!

 8)

fxy111

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »
catching up on the last few episodes before season 3..

my fave characters are mr. bates, matthew and sybil :)


enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »
such a bittersweet day for the Grantham household.

 :-[

mango_shake

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:53 pm »
i always see this sa lifestyle kaso S2 na yata.. naghahanap ako ng DL ng S1 and S2 para i-marathon siya kaso wala ko makita..  :(  gusto ko siya panoorin..

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »
^EZTV, Sis.

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
Oh my, iyak nang iyak ako sa latest episode. I thought it would lessen the sadness after I read the recap first pero hindi eh. Ramdam ko yung pain ng pamilya... especially Lady Cora.

enitsirhc

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:59 am »
^naku Sis. feeling ko when I was watching the latest episode, part ako ng household.

so sad, indeed.

 :-[

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 07:53:31 am »
I am starting to like Thomas this season. Bitchesa pa rin pero he showed his sensitive side last night after hearing the news about Lady Sybil. The Alfred-Ivy-Jimmy triangle eh parang si William-Daisy-Thomas lang nung Season 1. :D

I can't imagine what would happen to Branson, este... Tom pala. I hope he doesn't leave Downton and Lady Cora fights for him and the baby to stay there.

angel_eyes_2nite

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:08 am »
I'll be doing a marathon for S1 & 2 this coming Sem Break. Looking forward to watching this series. Comments nyo pa lang kinikilig na  ako :)

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: UK TV: Downton Abbey
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 08:54:28 am »
- paminsan-minsan talaga lumalabas ang pagka-chauvinist ng Earl. Lady Cora, ftw!
- super-tamed lately si Thomas, although may pa-simpleng landi kay Jimmy from time to time. but the kid's starting to notice and he's not liking it. uh, oh...
- why do i get the feeling na baka hindi magkaka-anak sina Matthew and Mary? or maybe they'll just have a hard time conceiving, huh?
- i want branson to stay. he's a great foil to the Earl. plus, at least Matthew will have a confidante aside from his wife na ka-age niya.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close